Moving into the dark (Closed)

He took notice of the two guys entering, recognizing them from the rest stop. He really didn't think much of them, other than wondering where they were heading. He pushed the thought aside as he went up to the counter to pay. The wife greeted them, too king the money for the meal.

Leading Kyleen towards the door, they were blocked by the two strangers, an elf and a human. From the counter the wife yelled she didn't any trouble here. The male human just grinned for a moment.

"Just give us the girl and we'll let you leave mister."

Zion smirked for a moment.

"Is that so?"

As if in response, there was a squeal of pain from outside. The two strangers got a look of surprise on their faces before bolting outside. Zion made a motion behind his back for Kyleen to stay there, but she could see everything outside the windowed door.

Outside, an Orc laid on his back on the ground a couple of feet from the bike. One of the compartments had been opened, but the Orc was smoking, with burn marks on his fingers tips. Zion chuckled for a moment as the two men were crouched over the Orc, trying wake him up.

"That's why you don't mess with other people's toys. They give quite the shock."

After seeing their friend was dead, they turned and the elf drew a machete out while the human pulled out a gun. The human spoke first.

"You shouldn't have done that. Now we'll kill you and take the girl."

Zion laughed and motioned them forward. The elf sneered and charged at the big guy. Zion shifted to the side, grabbing the elf's wrist that held the machete. He twisted the elf's wrist back and up behind his back tightly. The elf screamed as his shoulder popped out of socket and dropped the machete. Zion jerked the elf against him as a shield and turned as the human fired his gun.

The first bullet pierced the elf's right arm. Four more bullets were taken in the chest of the elf as Zion lifted the elf up to catch the last bullet meant for his face in the elf's forehead. He lowered the elf as he heard several clicks from the dried gun.

"Did you forget to fill up today?"

The human yelled for a moment in rage before running at Zion, planning on clubbing him with the weapon. Zion chuckled before ripping the arm from the elf he had dislocated, throwing the body at the human. The human stumbled in surprise as he got hit with the dead elf. Zion quickly closed the gap, bringing the arm hard inti the human's face. Teeth and blood flew across the parking lot from the first hit, then the second and third hits. As the human went to his knees, Zion kicked him to his back. Then the machete found it way through the man's chest cavity.

Zion wiped his face off with the back of his hand before motioning Kyleen outside. He climbed on the bike as she approached.

"Some people don't deserve mercy."
 
Kyleen hid behind him as the men stopped them at the door, she wasn't really all that scared considering she knew first hand what Zion was capable of doing. However, their vibes and aura sent a chill up her spine, not even wanting to imagine what they would do if they had her.

She did as directed though and stayed inside, watching with some humor as the men tried to fight him off. All she could do was think of the carnage he had left at the manor, almost laughing as these scraggly looking men tried to fight. If the best guards at the manor couldn't do it, these three were no match.

The gun shots did make her jump a little though, the sound of it frightened her and also from where she was, it was difficult to see who exactly got hit. The first couple of shot was obvious as how the body lay limp in Zions arms, the last couple shot she couldn't see, however she noticed that he wasn't hurt, or at least he didn't show it.

After a few more moments he motioned for her and she apologized to the diner owners before leaving. Looking at the bodies, stepping over the elf very carefully acting like he'll reach up and grab her. Though it was very clear he wasn't moving.

"I think you just like killing too much."

She teased as she climbed onto the bike, wrapping her arms around him and settling in. For as much as she wanted to stick around here, she honestly couldn't wait to take a shower and fix the rats nest her hair as become during this trip. Not to mention that king size bed he mentioned really sounded nice right about now as well.
 
He paused for a moment at her comment, laying one hand over hers for a moment. He shifted so he could look at her for a moment.

"You're still young. We'll talk about that at home."

He pulled his hand from hers before starting up the bike. The rest of the journey took them through farmland, some showing signs of being tended to, while most of the farms were over grown. As dark creeped in, he flipped on the twin headlights to see the road. The night sky was clear to see, the stars shining brightly on a clear night. The wind had also started to cool a little as it blew around them.

It was a little after midnight when they turned off the main road. However there was no road, not even a sign in the grass that any wheeled vehicles had been through there. A short distance from the road and they were going down the middle of a large well tended apple orchard. He soon came to a stop a few feet from the edge of large cliff along the coast line.

He stopped the bike and it settled down with a soft thunk. It was a sound not expected from the grassy area it seemed they were on. That was because a hologram was covering the large elevator platform he had told her about earlier. He pressed a couple of buttons on his bike and then a loud whirring sound could be heard.

A moment later and they were slowly going down the long shaft. Large thick windows were placed along the wall of the base to look out into the ocean, which started twenty feet below the cliff. If Kyleen looked up, she could see the doors close like a shrinking diamond. Once closed, they went flush with the surrounding ground, dirt and grass carefully placed on them to blend with the hologram.

It took a couple of minutes to get to the bottom, during which he told her about the decontamination process they would go through before going inside from the garage.
 
Kyleen had fallen asleep about half way through the trip, with the lack of she got last night and the long hours on the road she was unable to keep her eyes open. Her arms remained wrapped around his waist, her fingers were hooked into the belt loops of his pants, barely hanging on. Though the ride was smooth enough that she wasn't going anywhere and his body supported hers as she slept.

It wasn't until she felt the bike stop and heard it landing that she woke up, barely able to focus on much as he spoke. It did amaze her to see the windowed wall, however it was so dark out across the ocean, she couldn't see much of it's true beauty.

The doors closed above them and her heart started to pound harder than ever, she's never been underground before and the deeper they went, the more she was silently panicking. Her eyes and ears kept giving her away though as she reacted to every tiny sound that was made. This was so far out of her realm, nothing like what she was raised around.

Soon she was following right behind him and did as he instructed through the process, which really freaked her out, though she was good about the whole thing. She kept looking all around as if expecting something to attack her, or seeking for another way out of here. The slight panic attack was working overtime causing her to become even more exhausted.

"It is going to take sometime to get used to this place. How long were the scientists here before they left?"

Kyleen followed him closely so she wouldn't get distracted and lose him, figuring there will be more than enough time to explore this place.
 
He thought about her question for a moment as he lead her through the lower level to the elevator.

"They were here for ten years before abandoning the place. And leaving me behind as well. The system released me from the tank shortly after they left."

The elevator took them up to the residential level in a few seconds before he led her out. He first let her to show her where he was currently residing as his room.

"This is my room. You are free to choose which one you like. Right now, your access is only to the lower level and this level. Go ahead and get some sleep. The dining area is just down the hallway to the right of the elevator. If you have any questions, we can talk in the morning."

He laid a hand gently on her shoulder for a moment before pulling away to go into his room. He wasn't sure if she would want to sleep alone tonight, so he left the door unlocked. He didn't yet have plans to push her beyond her comfort zone till after she got settled a little more.

He gave a little smile before he went into his room, stripping down laying down on the bed.
 
Kyleen looked into a few rooms after he left and she did want to stay close to his room, at least till she got used to her surroundings a bit more. Most of the rooms had a scent that she didn't like and it took her a few good minutes to find one that was decent. It was fairly bright and cheerful, almost as if a female probably lived in here but it was cleaned out of the personal belongings so she couldn't be sure.

She put her pack off into a corner pulling out a few things to freshen up with, spending a good half hour just fighting with her hair. Shortly after getting her hair reasonably untangled, she took a very long hot shower just soaking it up and relaxing into the heat. Most of that time was spent giving her hair much needed attention, using a coconut scented conditioner.

Eventually she got out and dried and dressed into some night shorts and an oversized shirt that came to mid thigh. She tried to get to sleep, but the noises and the scents were just all wrong for her, there was no familiarity for her at all. Every sound she heard would get her heart pumping not knowing what it was.

The clock on the night stand told her it was close to 230 in the morning before she got out of bed and crept out of her room. At first she wanted to go exploring, just to be distracted but the truth of it was, she was extremely tired and this place was uncomfortable to her.

Very slowly and as quiet as possible she crept into his room, at first she just stood there watching him and almost turned right back around. Instead she braved it and crawled into bed with him, hoping she wouldn't wake him as she curled up to the edge, wrapping her tails around her to keep warm. Trying very hard to not disturb him if he was actually sleeping. His scent the sound of him breathing surprisingly relaxed her some and gave her something to focus on as she finally went to sleep.
 
As he had expected, she did come to sleep in bed with him. He opened his eyes as she entered, but made no movement to show he had noticed her. He just laid there for a little bit, smiling a little. He soon went back to sleep himself, letting her sleep as well.

It was mid-morning when he awoke, looking to Kyleen for a moment. Seeing she was still asleep, he carefully moved out of the bed. He grabbed a quick shower before dressing in a t-shirt and jeans, going barefoot.

Moving to the bed, he reached out for a moment, his fingertip running lightly along her cheek. He pulled his hand away after a few moments, heading out to the dining hall. He ordered the robot cook to make a breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast before sitting at a table. He closed his eyes at he ran through what his plan of actions would be for Kyleen, to prepare her for the outside world and his plans for her.
 
The rest of the night Kyleen slept peacefully by the time he had woken up, she actually stretched out instead of curled up. Her ears twitched towards the sounds of him getting up, the shower and foot steps though she didn't really wake up from it. At least, she didn't want to right away, it was about that point when she felt his hand against her cheek, causing her ear to twitch a little.

She tried to sleep a little longer and got maybe another 15 minutes in before finally getting up herself. The smell of food got the tummy grumbling and she growled a little at it. For now she didn't bother changing, the shirt was big enough that it wasn't revealing, though the shorts were short enough to make it look like she wasn't wearing anything underneath.

"So what is there to eat around here?"

She said with a light smile while sitting down with him.

"I hope I didn't disturb you last night.. I.. I couldn't sleep, it is...... I just couldn't be alone."
 
He chuckled and smiled for a moment seeing her come in. He would take her clothes shopping, but first she would have to get some training. Call it his form of her paying the rent.

"Not a problem. I thought you might do that since this is a new place to you. And here comes the food."

The female robot came out bearing a tray with two plates of food, one of each of them. The robots around the base were well built, barely discernible from real humans. The robot gave a smile for a moment as she set the plates down in front of them.

"What drink would you like, sir?"

"Two milks will be fine."

The female nodded and made her way out to the kitchen. Zion picked up his fork, starting to eat. After a few mouthfuls, the robot returned, setting down two glasses of milk for them before leaving.

"I'll show you around some after we eat, so you don't get lost."
 
Kyleen watched the robot very intently and wide eyed, they were only something she has heard the scientist talk about, but has never actually seen one. Thanatos never trusted them back when they were popular so he never got that deep when it came to getting technology like that.

After a moment of watching the robot, she shook her head and started to eat.

"I don't normally make it a habit to sleep in bed with others, but it did help a great deal."

She vaguely recalled him saying something about only having access to this floor and the lower levels, which at first made her concerned. There was already a need to go outside and explore the area, but she faught back that desire, pushing it to the side for now. Telling herself that she needed to get to know the inside first, it was much bigger than she actually expected it to be.

"I see how people look at me... Thanatos has told me that I am the last of my kind. Even you said it in your own way that I was rare to the world. Those men yesterday..... What would happen to me if I ever do get caught out here? If my kind is so rare, do they still kill..... like they used to?"
 
He shook his head for a moment.

"No, you would not be killed if you were caught. Those men we encountered yesterday were no more than common thugs, not slavers. If you were caught, many things could happen depending on who caught you."

He took a sip of milk for a moment before continuing.

"There may be a peace in the world today, but that is only towards no more fighting on a large scale between races, countries, etc. Parts of the world, like where we are, are like the Wild West. There is law in the city of New San Fransico, but much less of it in the surrounding areas."

He finished his meal after a couple of bites, pushing his plate aside.

"One of the things that might happen is you get caught by one of the wandering circuses, which there are three of, operating here in the North America and Canadian Area, is you are put on display for money. Second, if a slaver caught you, you would be sold into slavery. You said Thanatos would hear if that happened, but believe me, not every slaver is going to give up you as his payday find."

Once they were both done, the cook came in and picked up their dishes. She gave a nod and made her way back to the kitchen.

"Those are two of the most common things to happen. As a slave, you would probably end up as someone's sex toy. As for other things to happen, just use your imagination."
 
Her ears laid low as she listened to him, for the most part she knew all that, however, that knowledge came from Thanatos and she was actually hoping that he was lying to her. After what he just said, it only proved to confirm that Thanatos was telling some sort of truth.

"I don't need to imagine such things. I've been told some very descriptive things in the past, I was just hoping they were lies."

She shook her head at those thoughts, trying to not dwell on them all that much she did know a few tricks. It just always depends if they knew better tricks to keep her from using hers.

"I guess it is a good thing I'm not 100% helpless. Ulfric taught me a few moves and I know how to use a portion of my magic. So at least I won't go down too easily!"

again, she did know that it always depended on the situation and what kind of toys the other person would have. Her skills were no doubt extremely limited, but they did make her feel a little better to some degree.

Once she finished the meal and watched the robot, still amazed by it while standing up and stretching a little. It didn't bother that she was still in her night clothes right now, figuring that she'll be inside for the day exploring anyway and had more than enough time to change later.

"So anyway, you really don't mind if I keep sleeping in your room for a few days? Just until I get used to the sounds here anyway... I promise I don't take up much room!!"

Not to mention she wanted to find the perfect room for her, if there was one and not only that, she was finding herself becoming slightly attached to him. Though for now she didn't know that attachment was from the overall situation of being so far from home, or if they were true feelings. In either case, she did find it comforting to be with him, he didn't treat her like most others have.

"What kind of training will I be doing? I've done a few things with Ulfric, but he always let me win rather than put up a real challenge. I can tell that you won't let me win that easily."

She smiled as she followed behind him, letting him lead around the areas he wanted her to get used to first.
 
He smiled for a moment when she spoke of her previous training.

"Well that's good to hear. Though I'm not quite sure Thanatos taught you enough to really hold your own if he let you win. That's not really teaching you much more than satisfying the ego than anything else."

He stood up from the table after her, watching her stretch. He talked as he let her out of the kitchen.

"I don't mind you sleeping in my room until you are more used to living here. I enjoy the company as well."

He guided her through the residential area, room by room. He had mentioned lots of robots in the base, but there seemed to be few around. He explained how they would go topside during the day to take care of the orchard, just a small side job for extra money. The harvest wasn't for another few weeks.

After showing the residential level, he took her down to the maintence area. However he only showed her the garage, vehicle storage, and driving track. His vehicle inventory consisted of three hover bikes, two hover tanks, a attack helicopter, and three large semis for the transportation of goods they would need.

It was early evening when he took her up to the research lab where the status tanks were located, asking her questions along the way. He laid a hand on the clear, heavy encased tank that he had been in.

"As for your training, it will take place here."
 
The went by decent enough as he showed her around, even finding a couple of rooms that she really liked and decided to explore them more later. As they walked around she was starting to get a feel for what some of the noises were last night and was intrigued by machines that caused them.

The helicopter had her full interest and she hoped that some day she could ride in it, though she didn't express that verbally, it was written all over her face. As they moved on, Kyleen could see how people could actually live here, it wasn't her choice of places, but she felt that in time she could get used to it here.

It wasn't until they reached the lab that her fear slowly crept in, she knew they come to this room eventually, however it gave her the strongest vibe out of the rest of the place. Then when he told her she was going to train in the tank, panic started to kick in.

Her brain told her feet to run, though they were frozen in place and her ears went down right along with her tails. This isn't what she was expecting at all, she knew what these tanks were for, or at least the threats that Thanatos had placed into her young mind. The few times she's been down in his labs, she saw how these tanks were used for experiments.

"I.... I don't want to go in there..... I haven't done anything wrong.. I don't need to be punished..."

Her voice cracked a little and feet finally started to move backwards very slowly, all the while her breathing started to pick up and he could tell she was about to run from him in that moment.

"You will just leave me in there.... and... and... I don't want to be abandoned or experimented on in there... I..."

She wasn't paying attention to where her feet were taking her and she back up into a wall, all the sudden feeling like a trapped animal. The good day she had exploring the place just vanished in a heartbeat and she didn't understand the truth behind these tanks. Only what Thanatos planted when she was a child.
 
Her reaction was something he had expected, though not quite on this scale. He let her have her scare for a few moments before deciding to calm her down. Judging from the way she had been treated by Thanatos, her reaction was normal.

He moved from the tank towards Kylern slowly. He reached out and pulled her close, hugging her gently. He held her close as he talked softly.

"Shh...no need to worry little one. I don't plan to leave you in there or experiment on you. I will be here to watch you, to make sure nothing happens to you. I won't abandon you."

He continued to hug her for a few more moments before leading her over to the computer mainframe controlling the system. He sat her down in the chair, letting her see the different monitors.

"I can make sure nothing happens to you from here. It's just a virtual environment to train you in. No experimentation, I promise."
 
There was a bit of reluctance as he came closer, unsure of his intentions at this point. For a moment she wanted to pull away from him and yet she couldn't find the nerves to do so, he hasn't' harmed her yet, giving her no real reason to run. She listened to what he had to say, though it didn't do much to perk her back up and was hesitant to follow him to the computers.

"Thanatos' lab used these as a way of punishing people.... to get information out of them. He used to threaten with them sometimes when he was upset with me."

She finally calmed down enough to speak a little more steady, though her voice was still full of uncertainty. Although she did look at what he was showing her, hearing the promises he made to ensure she'd be safe. The look in her eyes were still filled with concern and a shiver ran through her at the mere thought of being in there.

"How... How long do you intend on keeping me in there? What if something happens and you have to leave? Can I go outside one last time.... before.... going in? I don't like this idea.... it scares me more than you know... But I will try it if you promise to get me out if something happens."
 
He gave a little smile at all her questions about what was going to happen. He laid a hand gently on her head to calm her down some.

"I won't be keeping you in for long, but it depends on how fast you pick up on what I have to teach you. I think you'll be able to change on pretty quick though."

He removed his hand from her head to wave it over the various screens as he spoke.

"I can monitor everything that happens to you from here, I can even talk to you as well. Which I will do quite often so you want get lonely it there. As far as the safety system, don't worry about getting hurt or dying. Medical nanites will be used to quickly heal any injuries you sustain, and you won't die."

He moved from behind her to lean against the console as he looked at her.

"And if anything happens if I have to leave, you will be automatically pulled out of the tank and directed to the nearest exit of area of safety. The robots are also programmed to handle anything like if a fire broke out, or the power went out. You will be safe, I promise."

He reached over and laid his hand on top of hers for a moment.

"And of course you'll be able to go outside before going in. There's a beach we can go and spend the day at tomorrow, if that will make you feel better."
 
Kyleen listened and looked at the screens very intently as he spoke and it took some work on her part to relax. It did look harmless enough and the only person here was him, which she was trying even harder to trust. She knew once she was in the tank, she wouldn't be able to do anything and had to depend on him during that time.

"What will I wear while in there? Do I have to be naked?"

She glanced back at the tank just as she felt his hand on hers and it brought some comfort, along with another rush of sensations as she thought about him seeing her naked like that. It wasn't something she was ready for, but the thought did create stir a few things around.

"I would like to spend the day outside first. It will at least give me something good to focus on. Will I learn more about my kitsune powers? The mentor I had, I hated and didn't learn much from him."

Her voice still had fear hidden in it, though she was starting to handle that fear a little better as they talked and each time he touched her, it did bring comfort. More comfort than she was willing to admit, though it was showing in her body language while relaxed.
 
He gave a little nod for a moment when she asked what she would be wearing.

"Yes, you will have to be naked in the tank. The immersion works better when the fluid comes in contact with you skin. The only other things you will have on is a pair of VR gloves and VR helmet with headphones and a mic."

He found go further into explaining what she would be working with later before she went into the tank. He sighed for a moment when she asked about learning more about her powers.

"Unfortunately the system really doesn't work with magic like that, so that would have to be done outside the tank. As far as teaching you, I will try as best as I can, though I don't know about your magic. Just don't expect to be super powerful overnight."

He grinned for a moment and chuckled. He pulled his hand from hers and grabbed a syringe from nearby, along with a piece of rubber string.

"Before you go in, the system will need to have some of your blood to adjust the fluid to your metabolism. A small amount of blood will be fine."

He reached up and tied the rubber around her bicep for a moment, tightly. Directing her to make a fist, he watched carefully for her vein. Pressing the needle into her carefully, he pulled out a few ccs of her blood before releasing the rubber tie. He pulled the needle from her arm, laying it aside.

"There. Why don't you go and get some dinner and I will be down in a bit."
 
For as much as she didn't want to be shy about that thought, the heat rushed to her cheeks anyway and she fell silent. There wasn't anything about this that she liked as it is, let alone do this naked with him around watching. He was still very new to her and her trust only went so far in regards to that. Whether he was telling her the truth, or just saying it so he can have her naked was something that concerned her. No matter how she felt though, she didn't protest to it knowing that all this is going to happen one way or another.

"I doubt I'll ever get super powerful. Especially if I can't learn the extent of my own power, I just know the basics to get started with."

There was some disappointment as she spoke, watching him carefully with what he did with the syringe and she found it pretty convenient that it was just laying here. This was a lot for her to take in all at once and she was sorely tempted to back out of it all, to find other ways to train. It always came back to not having much of an option, learning things any other way would take a lot of time and even though she doesn't know how this works really, she knew it would be quicker.

When he was done taking her blood she left him quietly, clearly lost in thought to what she was getting herself into. None of it felt right to her, this whole place didn't settle with her all this science stuff wasn't her element and she felt so out of place.

Once she got to the dining hall the robot asked her what she wanted, yet nothing sounded good to her right then, so she ordered a steak salad. It sounded light and easy with some juice. While she waited for him all she could think of was all these choices she has made recently, though she hasn't regretted any of them, she did wonder if they were rational or reckless.
 
He watched her leave the lab before turning back to the computer. He started up the breakdown and analyzing program, injecting her blood into a nearby machine. He made sure everything was started in the program before heading to join up with Kyleen. It would take most of the next day to break down her DNA for the computer to work with, and everything should be ready for the basic fluid mixture the next day.

The robots were returning from the surface by the time he went down to the dining hall. A large number of them passed through the ding hall to other parts of the base, of both sexes, giving greeting to Kyleen. Zion waited till they had passed before sitting down at the table, ordering a steak and potatoes from the cook.

"I know these past few days have been a whirlwind for you, but hopefully you'll adjust to things soon. Did you have anything you wanted to do at the beach tomorrow? If you need a suit, I'm sure one of the ladies who used to live here have one laying around somewhere."

He gave a smile when the cook brought their food out, placing it in front of them.
 
She ignored most the robots that went passed her, not meaning to be rude or purposely ignoring them, she was just simply lost in thought. Being out here for the most part opened her eyes a little, especially when they went through the city making her realize the world that was hidden from her.

It did make her feel better that she wasn't alone at least and she can tell that he means her no harm, yet it still meant putting her trust into someone she barely knew. Almost as if on cue, Zion came in right when she was thinking about him.

"I will be fine, I just feel so lost right now. I am glad to be away from him at least, but I don't belong anywhere either."

She tried to think of the beach and his question, trying hard to find the excitement in going out tomorrow, but right now all she could think about was the tank. Knowing that when she comes back she'll be going in and she had no idea for how long, not knowing what will happen while she was in there.

"I just want to have fun, maybe a picnic, perhaps watch the sunset... I've never been to the beach, so..What is there to do?"

Kyleen was just picking at her dinner, managing to eat most of it at least even if her gut was twisted in all kinds of knots. Within another moment or two her cheeks flushed a little as she thought about his swim suit comment, hesitating slightly before answering him.

"And yes, I do need a suit. I was just going to go in a t-shirt and shorts, didn't think about actually swimming out there."

When she was done eating she pushed the plate to the side and waited for him. There was a mixture of emotions running through her that she didn't know if she wanted to break down and cry, or be excited about this new path. For now it was a struggle to push down most of emotions just so she wouldn't break in front of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rayna has been seeking any kind of rumor of a big man with a kitsune, or at least a female resembling Kyleen. There were very few out here with naturally blue hair and majority of them hid who they really were just to keep safe. Kyleen wasn't ashamed to hide, which was her downfall and made rumors of her pour in the undergrounds black market. Those who saw her on the freeway were practically drooling to get their hands on her.

It didn't take long to at least get enough information just from rumors to make it to the diner, where she heard three men had died in a horrible 'accident'. Once she got there, Kyleens' scent was faint, almost undetectable but it still lingered a bit on the inside where they sat.

At least she was out of the city and on the track, it was taking her longer than she had hoped but she was getting somewhere. When she asked the elf waitress about them, the description fit them both perfectly, though they couldn't tell her what direction they went. The dead bodies were their main concern at the time of events.

For the rest of that day she found a good solid farm house with working electricity and decided to camp here for the time being. It was nice out here at least and it would allow her to shift and fly, getting a better lay out of the land. That will have to wait another day at least for it was growing dark and she just wanted to relax for a day or two. However, she wouldn't wait too long considering she has no idea where or how far they were heading.
 
He smiled for a moment at her musings about where she would belong.

"I'm sure it won't take long for you to find your niche to fit into. Just give it some time."

He watched her pick at her food, listening to her questions about what to do at the beach. He ate a few bites for himself before speaking.

"Well, there's plenty to do at the beach. You can go swimming in the ocean, or just walk along the beach through the waves. I can set up a picnic for us to have for lunch or whenever you are ready to eat. You can lay out in the sun and get a tan."

He finished his meal up a little bit after she did, pushing the plate away. The cook came out, taking their dishes for them.

"The beach is a couple of miles away, and publicly used. However it's mostly families that used the beach, so there really isn't a fear of slavers hanging around. Most of the families who visit are like the one we met at the diner, quite nice."

He stood up from the table and smiled to her.

"Feel free to explore some more if you want and I'll get things ready for tomorrow."
 
She finally smiled a little as he talked about the beach and the things that can they do out there, thinking that she'd like to do all those things. But she refrained from getting too overly excited about it, trying her hardest to break away from her child like ways.

When he stood up she followed him out, though she went back to the rooms to explore the ones that interested her the most. First she went to the room she used last night and grabbed her things in case she found a better room.

This time she took her time exploring each one on her own, finding things here and there that the scientists had left. In one room she found a journal of the 'project' they were working on which was mostly about Zion, however she didn't read it yet, only glanced at it figuring she'll read it later. There were a lot of odds and ends, personal pictures and clothes, some rooms were bare and cleaned out where others looked like they left everything.

One room in particular intrigued her the most, it was a decent distance away from his room but it was the quietest one so far. Also it was clear that a high class female lived in it, it was one of the few rooms that still had all her stuff in it. The woman must have left with just the clothes on her back and nothing else. It made Kyleen look at herself in the mirror, much like she did a few days ago and only saw a scared little girl instead of a strong woman. The clothes in the room were meant for someone strong and daring.

After sometime of sifting through various things and cleaning up a little more, Kyleen decided this would be her room. She was tempted to try and sleep in it tonight, but decided against it wanting to be near him for at least another night before she goes into that tank.

She took a shower and freshened up a bit, changing out of the night clothes shes been in all day and decided to be a little more daring. There was a dark red, silky nightgown that caught her attention, it was shorter than she wanted but it wasn't nearly as revealing as some of the others in here. It was however, enough to make her feel 'womanly' at least and she hid her tails as they didn't didn't let material fall naturally.

Soon she went off to go see if Zion was in his room yet, noticing how late it was getting.
 
While Kyleen was exploring, Zion had gone back into the kitchen to figure out what would be needed for the picnic. He had never had to do such a thing, so it was taking him a bit. The robot cook wasn't much help, since she didnt have that programmed into her. He finally ended up delving into the computer database for some ideas.

When he found when he needed, he was surprised how easy it would be. He finally ended up making a list of food to be packed in the morning by the cook, a few ham and cheese sandwiches, a variety of different fruits, and assorted sweets. A few cold drinks were planned to be packed in a cooler, along with the large basket for food.

He also set aside a large blanket on one of the tables in the dining room. He wasn't concerned about something like sunburn, so he didn't bother packing anything for sunblock. It was a late by the time he was finished, so he made his way back to the bedroom.

He arrived after Kyleen had gotten there, and her outfit caught him off-guard for a moment. He smiled and gave a little whistle.

"That outfit suits you. I thought you would find a few clothes more suited to you. I like it very much. Would you care to show off a little?"

He grinned teasingly for a moment, sitting on the end of the bed.
 
Back
Top