Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 08-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #2426
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
New

Little wrinkle... Seems that the chemo and steroids killed my pancreas. Passed out three times in the doctor's office and found out my blood sugar was 457. I am now going to be a diabetic and will probably be on meds the rest of my life.

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2016, 09:23 PM   #2427
cookiecat
Literotica Guru
 
cookiecat's Avatar
 
cookiecat is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
She is dealing with the chemo side effects, and once she gets done with one round and her body adjusts just a bit, it's time for a new round and the side effects get a big boost. I'm so proud of the strength she is showing in the face of this brutal medicine.

Thank you for asking.

Chemo is vicious. Your support for your friend is invaluable.


As a side note - I've come to learn how valuable support is in any form. Real life friendships, family, online friends. The support I see here on this thread is awesome.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #2428
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru
 
scotluvsoral's Avatar
 
scotluvsoral is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Little wrinkle... Seems that the chemo and steroids killed my pancreas. Passed out three times in the doctor's office and found out my blood sugar was 457. I am now going to be a diabetic and will probably be on meds the rest of my life.

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...
That really sucks sweet lady! *Huge hug* This awful disease can steal so much from us. At least diabetes is treatable FUCK YOU CANCER!!!!
__________________
Experience your life fully & never use the autopilot function!!! Remember to bounce some every day!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #2429
cookiecat
Literotica Guru
 
cookiecat's Avatar
 
cookiecat is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Little wrinkle... Seems that the chemo and steroids killed my pancreas. Passed out three times in the doctor's office and found out my blood sugar was 457. I am now going to be a diabetic and will probably be on meds the rest of my life.

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...
Oh. It's just too much sometimes.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #2430
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecat View Post
Oh. It's just too much sometimes.
Yes...no offense but I can honestly say I am getting sick of one complication after another...
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #2431
need_2_cum
Literotica Guru
 
need_2_cum's Avatar
 
need_2_cum is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,867
Offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Yes...no offense but I can honestly say I am getting sick of one complication after another...
Offense? No offense taken by anyone I hope...the OFFENSIVE one is that FUCKING CANCER ! FUCK YOU Cancer .

Wishing you well with your latest challenge . Kick ASS!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #2432
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by need_2_cum View Post
Offense? No offense taken by anyone I hope...the OFFENSIVE one is that FUCKING CANCER ! FUCK YOU Cancer .

Wishing you well with your latest challenge . Kick ASS!
Thank you so much for the well wishes...
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #2433
cascadiabound
AFK - Into the Blue
 
cascadiabound's Avatar
 
cascadiabound is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: leftcoast US
Posts: 10,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Little wrinkle... Seems that the chemo and steroids killed my pancreas. Passed out three times in the doctor's office and found out my blood sugar was 457. I am now going to be a diabetic and will probably be on meds the rest of my life.

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...
Damn it. FYC. Sorry to hear this. Hugs as you face this hurdle that you most certainly did not see coming.
FUCK YOU CANCER.
__________________
I will be away from keyboard for most of September ~ never fear... I plan to return.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. Albert Einstein

"A serious girl, when she finds someone who calms her spirit and quiets her busy thoughts, will love you so fiercely, it will defy even her own logic and reasoning."

"Seek justice ~ Love tenderly ~ Walk humbly"
I am ... still Zaftig...~~~
~~~ No grit. No pearl. ~~~
Cascadia's Gallery
"This thread is exquisite hardcore green porn." DGE
Shibari/Ropework Appreciation
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #2434
shmily
Literotica Guru
 
shmily's Avatar
 
shmily is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: my little corner in texas some days
Posts: 5,758
grab a book " A Cancer Battle Plan" by Dave Frahm and Anne Frahm
Very interesting!

keeping you all in prayer.
__________________

Shmily's first story. enjoy


Wise - A strong mind and intuition for all, you prefer nature to people, it is just has more sense. By looks, some would call you an earth childe or hippe, but your connections go much deeper than those superficial names.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #2435
cascadiabound
AFK - Into the Blue
 
cascadiabound's Avatar
 
cascadiabound is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: leftcoast US
Posts: 10,038


Well - I really wanted to post this on Shankara's thread but I see that it is closed.
So - instead I am going to post this beautiful FYC image here as an inspiration...
to keep fighting.. keep living... keep owning your own beautiful sexuality
NO MATTER WHAT.

__________________
I will be away from keyboard for most of September ~ never fear... I plan to return.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. Albert Einstein

"A serious girl, when she finds someone who calms her spirit and quiets her busy thoughts, will love you so fiercely, it will defy even her own logic and reasoning."

"Seek justice ~ Love tenderly ~ Walk humbly"
I am ... still Zaftig...~~~
~~~ No grit. No pearl. ~~~
Cascadia's Gallery
"This thread is exquisite hardcore green porn." DGE
Shibari/Ropework Appreciation
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #2436
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe
 
GiggLeGasm's Avatar
 
GiggLeGasm is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Clevelandish, Ohio... A great place to live; I wouldn't want to vacation here.
Posts: 17,675
I had a patient Thursday.. not doing too well..
and all she wanted was chocolate cake. Seriously.. chocolate cake.
When I checked on her this morning, she still hadn't gotten it.

So.. today we dealt with septic shock, a couple of heart attacks, a GI bleed, and a surgical patient who needed to be cut open instead of just having those cute little puncture sites..
but all that really hovered in my heart was that chocolate cake.
and she's the only one who truly understands what it meant to slide her fork through her slice, watching the crumbs cling to the plastic tines. she's the only one who truly understood the joy of feeling her mouth salivate for such a simple pleasure.

I think it's the simple pleasures that sometimes get us through..
the little things that remind us of friends and family, special occasions where everyone was together

If I could give advice to someone struggling with such a difficult thing as cancer, I would tell them to ask for every single thing they wanted..
a walk on the beach
a moment under the starlight
an ice cold beer
and, definitely,
chocolate cake
__________________
I don't swallow. I let it run down my chin in a cheap attempt to look kinky.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #2437
midwestyankee
Literotica Guru
 
midwestyankee's Avatar
 
midwestyankee is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 30,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadiabound View Post
After more than a year of daily chemo and some of the least common side effects and complications documented with that particular agent, mom is finally done with her treatment.
Here is hoping she really is done, the side effects now resolve on their own and she can continue to get support from the Live Strong folks.

Thanks everyone for the support.
Kisses.
This is most welcome news. Knowing that treatment is over is truly the start of a new chapter. I hope your mother continues to thrive and enjoy life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #2438
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink
 
Collar_N_Cuffs's Avatar
 
Collar_N_Cuffs is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wandering, wondering...
Posts: 13,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggLeGasm View Post
I had a patient Thursday.. not doing too well..
and all she wanted was chocolate cake. Seriously.. chocolate cake.
When I checked on her this morning, she still hadn't gotten it.

So.. today we dealt with septic shock, a couple of heart attacks, a GI bleed, and a surgical patient who needed to be cut open instead of just having those cute little puncture sites..
but all that really hovered in my heart was that chocolate cake.
and she's the only one who truly understands what it meant to slide her fork through her slice, watching the crumbs cling to the plastic tines. she's the only one who truly understood the joy of feeling her mouth salivate for such a simple pleasure.

I think it's the simple pleasures that sometimes get us through..
the little things that remind us of friends and family, special occasions where everyone was together

If I could give advice to someone struggling with such a difficult thing as cancer, I would tell them to ask for every single thing they wanted..
a walk on the beach
a moment under the starlight
an ice cold beer
and, definitely,
chocolate cake
*applauds*
As should we all, regardless of our situations
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianbattista View Post
"The collared and cuffed curly bird is a gregarious and engaging bird, most frequently seen in America, but has been spotted in Europe where it makes itself right at home, enchanting Europeans with its dance and whistle. Though an omnivore, it is fastidious about its cuisine, making some effort to eat favoured titbits over easily plentiful supplies of lesser foods. This bird is also known as the Frivol in some localities."
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #2439
Miasorrow
Good girl
 
Miasorrow's Avatar
 
Miasorrow is offline
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Le Grand Bleu
Posts: 2,282
I hate how it deprives you of your ability to do things even when you are 90 years old and subsequently little by little your humanity.
__________________
It's not about the deaths in Paris. It's not even about Paris.
It's about Hatred and Fear. It's about a colossal refugee chaotic situation on earth. It's about war. It's about our freedom collapsing in tiny pieces.

Alpha letter

Fascism is cured by reading, and racism is cured by traveling.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2016, 04:02 PM   #2440
cookiecat
Literotica Guru
 
cookiecat's Avatar
 
cookiecat is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggLeGasm View Post
I had a patient Thursday.. not doing too well..
and all she wanted was chocolate cake. Seriously.. chocolate cake.
When I checked on her this morning, she still hadn't gotten it.

So.. today we dealt with septic shock, a couple of heart attacks, a GI bleed, and a surgical patient who needed to be cut open instead of just having those cute little puncture sites..
but all that really hovered in my heart was that chocolate cake.
and she's the only one who truly understands what it meant to slide her fork through her slice, watching the crumbs cling to the plastic tines. she's the only one who truly understood the joy of feeling her mouth salivate for such a simple pleasure.

I think it's the simple pleasures that sometimes get us through..
the little things that remind us of friends and family, special occasions where everyone was together

If I could give advice to someone struggling with such a difficult thing as cancer, I would tell them to ask for every single thing they wanted..
a walk on the beach
a moment under the starlight
an ice cold beer
and, definitely,
chocolate cake
Very very wise words. Thanks for the reminder.

And for the work you - and the other nurses here - do.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #2441
GoAztecs
Enjoying the sun
 
GoAztecs's Avatar
 
GoAztecs is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 5,429
Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #2442
Oldenburg
Really Experienced
 
Oldenburg's Avatar
 
Oldenburg is offline
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mid Wales Uk
Posts: 164
Hi all

My Dad has finished his radiotherapy and now we have a hellish 3 months to see if it's done anything, if not then it's chemotherapy.. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed him he does not know where he lives or his names of my sisters or animals it's truly heartbreaking 😢😢

Anyway hope everyone is still kicking cancer butt..

Much love to everyone going through it or been through it it's a fucker..

X
__________________
Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time
I'm a Trysexual I will try anything once 👍🏼👍🏼

96% Submissive
73% Experimentalist
70% Rope bunny
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #2443
DeepGreenEyes
Whittled
 
DeepGreenEyes's Avatar
 
DeepGreenEyes is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Punhouse
Posts: 7,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collar_N_Cuffs View Post
*applauds*
As should we all, regardless of our situations
You are soooo right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC
Cancer is breathtakingly sucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenburg View Post
Hi all

My Dad has finished his radiotherapy and now we have a hellish 3 months to see if it's done anything, if not then it's chemotherapy.. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed him he does not know where he lives or his names of my sisters or animals it's truly heartbreaking 😢😢

Anyway hope everyone is still kicking cancer butt..

Much love to everyone going through it or been through it it's a fucker..

X

Pulling for your Dad!

FYC!
__________________
~ Save second base

~ some poems

"You never fail if you know in your heart that you did your best. 'I did my best: that is all I could do.' Are you going to make mistakes? Of course. But it is not failure if you made the full effort." ~ J. Wooden
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2016, 01:55 AM   #2444
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter
 
Apple_of_Eden's Avatar
 
Apple_of_Eden is offline
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 9,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasorrow View Post
I hate how it deprives you of your ability to do things even when you are 90 years old and subsequently little by little your humanity.
It has a way of taking a little piece of everything, doesn't it? It starts of with the physical, but slowly it works its way into your heart, your mind, your soul...and, of course, it also hurts those who love you most. Stay strong and fight hard. Don't let it win. Open your eyes every day and know you are stronger for having beat it one more day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC
I hope you are feeling better. Be well.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2016, 01:56 AM   #2445
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,831
*Subscribes*

Fuck cancer. Took away the one good person in my life. I got to watch her go by inches.....
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #2446
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru
 
scotluvsoral's Avatar
 
scotluvsoral is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
*Subscribes*

Fuck cancer. Took away the one good person in my life. I got to watch her go by inches.....
Sorry for your loss! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!
__________________
Experience your life fully & never use the autopilot function!!! Remember to bounce some every day!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #2447
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC
So sorry to hear this...hard to improve lungs after that kind of damage but I am sending you strength and all the positive vibes I can...

FYC
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #2448
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenburg View Post
Hi all

My Dad has finished his radiotherapy and now we have a hellish 3 months to see if it's done anything, if not then it's chemotherapy.. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed him he does not know where he lives or his names of my sisters or animals it's truly heartbreaking 😢😢

Anyway hope everyone is still kicking cancer butt..

Much love to everyone going through it or been through it it's a fucker..

X
Hoping that after all he has been through this treatment is successful...fingers and toes crossed...
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #2449
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 258
I Win

After all the testing I now know that the chemo damaged my liver, just about killed the pancreas, and damaged my heart...but it seems to have killed my cancer...

Saying that this is my BIG fuck you cancer...I WIN...YOU LOSE. My cancer is in remission and I am handling the new diabetes diagnosis pretty well so far...I am a bit worse for wear but my sex drive (the important stuff LOL) is back and I am going to work part time for now...

So cancer can just go suck an egg...lol

FYC

Last edited by cmslt2326 : 08-31-2016 at 05:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #2450
DeepGreenEyes
Whittled
 
DeepGreenEyes's Avatar
 
DeepGreenEyes is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Punhouse
Posts: 7,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
After all the testing I now know that the chemo damaged my liver, just about killed the pancreas, and damaged my heart...but it seems to have killed my cancer...

Saying that this is my BIG fuck you cancer...I WIN...YOU LOSE. My cancer is in remission and I am handling the new diabetes diagnosis pretty well so far...I am a bit worse for wear but my sex drive (the important stuff LOL) is back and I am going work part time for now...

So cancer can just go suck an egg...lol

FYC
Hell. Yeah.

I love this for you, and your attitude is amazing after all that friendly fire on your body. As long as cellfucker loses, YOU win.

FYC!
__________________
~ Save second base

~ some poems

"You never fail if you know in your heart that you did your best. 'I did my best: that is all I could do.' Are you going to make mistakes? Of course. But it is not failure if you made the full effort." ~ J. Wooden
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.