Continental Privateer (Open PM First)

guyloveshotstories

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Posts
6,552
Privateer Captain Edgar M. Allen
Age 29
Height 5’10”
Weight 140 pounds
Short brown hair and eyes with smooth, sun kissed skin. Well educated and able sailor, son of a wealthy merchant. Not married and no children


It was cold morning in Boston of August 1776. A thick layer of cloud hung over the harbor and was drizzling rain onto our heads. As I stood on the one of the docks next to my ship, the three masted merchant ship, the Dolphin, listening as the young ship rose and fell with the gentle waves, the hemp ropes stretched and the oak beams would moan with the movements as men on deck would shout orders to those on the rigging and around me dock workers would ferry barrels and boxes to and from the ships. In my hand was the Letter of Marque and Reprisal given to me by the Continental Congress permitting the Dolphin to hunt down merchant ships of King George. She would mount twelve 6-pound guns as well as four swivels and had a crew of sixty-five men: most were able seamen but also deserters from the British Navy and even a couple of escaped black men. I cared not for their past, all were fine sailors and very well disciplined, thus, they were welcomed aboard my ship.

Life of a privateer was similar to that of a pirate, in fact, the English viewed us as such and if captured we would be imprisoned and in worst cases; hanged. However what set us apart from the likes of pirates was the Dolphin was my ship and we were serving the newly formed Continental Congress whereas pirates, though a democracy, would go to wherever they pleased, hunted anything that caught their fancy, and were loyal to no flag.

I have heard many stories of the likes of Calico Jack, Blackbeard, and Captain Kidd; the scourge of the seas, but they were were long gone. It would seem the life of the pirate; the piles of gold, silver, jewels and other booty and hunting down ships and ransoming whole towns and the women; Dutch from Sinte Martin, English from Sainte Kitt, and French in Dominica and Spanish from everywhere else had died with them. Yet, despite the tempting allure of the 'free life' I was not drawn to the rather cut throat lifestyle they lived by where crew could mutiny and cast out a captain if they did not like him and I did not want to carry a title such as Captain Lowe whom tortured his captives out of cruelty. Life like that was simply barbaric.

Despite this, some viewed our profession it as a form of honorable service whereas others would refer to it as 'legalized piracy'. either way I took this position after seeing the English blockading our ports and seizing our ships. My father operated a large trade business with thirty small ships that ferried fur, cotton, timber, rice, and indigo to France and in return we received sugar, spices, and rum from French colonies in the Caribbean, but with the English blockade almost all of our ships had been seized thus with the Dolphin one of the few left I begged my father the chance to find a way to break out of the siege and find a way to fight this enemy and keep our family afloat. It took two days for him to give in. I was his only son and when mother learned of this she wished me the best of luck but would not see me off. Instead she stayed in their bedroom and wept.

There was not a personal vendetta against the English or towards King George though the sentiment in Boston was strong; crowds would gather and lynch dummies resembling he King and there were tax collectors that had been tarred and feathered for they would collect the money that would go to the King and I had been enquired many times about my sentiments but chose not to disclose them publicly. In truth the reason I chose the life of a privateer was simply to keep my family alive. Once this conflict was over I hoped to go back into trading with my father, but if we were destitude and what would become of us then? I dared not to think of it this morning as I stood on the damp docks with our purser, Mister Roberts and our sailing master, Mister Coxwain. Both were my senior but took to their positions as diligent seamen and when they greeted me showed me the books and charts showing that everything was correct for the Dolphin to depart. All of the crew were present as were the provisions and the cannon. The Dolphin had to be fitted with gun ports on the gun deck fo r them, but once that was complete we were ready to sail.

As we talked a tall, stocky, man wearing white trousers and a blue jacket and a black cocked hat sitting on long, braided blonde hair and piercing blue eyes approached us.

The way he walked; the long, deliberate stride and smug grin on half purse lips, I knew immediately whom it was; Martin Humphreys a man born into privilege in Massachusetts Bay and was seven years my senior. We had a couple years schooling together but were not friends as we hardly spoke to one another. What I did know about the man was subject of speculation and rumors. Apparently he had not lived up to the expectations of his wealthy father, a slave trader, and was cut from his heritance when his father died and several years ago he shot a man, so I had heard, in a tavern over a quarrel with a man accusing his mother of being a mattress and ran to England to escape prosecution. However, when he returned to Boston earlier this year he decided that life on the sea was better than life on land and purchased a ship. It struck me as odd as Humphreys, to my recollection, was not as experienced as I was in the sea.

He was brash and arrogant, a hard drinker with a loose mouth but, perhaps the reason he showed my no aggression may be due that I never showed him malice, thus when he saw me the man was all smiles and shook my hand, “Ah, Mister Allen,” he said looking over at the Dolphin, “I see you have decided, as myself, to take to the sea. A good choice, I dare say. It means ample chance for prize money.” As he spoke he pointed to another, much larger ship, berthed ahead of the Dolphin, “Thar be my own. The Fusillade!” his face was beaming with pride as he explained that it carried about twice the size of the Dolphin in every way from ship size to crew to armament comprising of twenty four 9-pounders an impressive vessel that was once a merchant. How a man such as Humphreys that had no money, to my memory, was able to outfit such a ship of this size was beyond me, but I dared not to question a man that unstable to say the least.

After a few minutes of exchange Humphreys wished me good luck and said he was going to proceed to the ample hunting grounds of the Caribbean and after tipping his hat boarded his ship.

When he left I felt a sense of dread as the Fusillade departed ahead of us that something terrible would happen and that ship, and Humphreys would be responsible.

(I am looking for a woman to take part in this. If you are interested send me a private message and we will go over roles as with this being rather open ended allows for many possible roles; such as a female privateer, a victim of Humphreys, a governour's daughter, and so forth, or if you’re curious about anything else go ahead and send a message and I will answer.)
 
Last edited:
When the Fusiliade and Mister Humphreys departed Boston there was no fanfare as many other ships were leaving port for various destinations. Even when we slipped out there was no one to see us off. Humprheys ship, under full sail, could reach a speed of thirteen knots and would arrive in the Caribbean long before we did and that left the men somewhat anxious that someone else would sieze their prizes and wreep the bounty of its contents. No matter. Humphreys was bold but also wreckless and short fused. Whose to say that he might chase to one ship ad run into a Britsh Man of War.

Leaving Boston Harbor a strong North-North-West wind carried us at a brisk six knots along the coast heading South towards the Flordian peninsula. By then the sky had cleared and it warmed and sea traffic had remarkabl thinned. There were coastal barques heading North but nothing of great importance. Our Letter of Marque confined the Dolphin to the Carribean waters and I did not want to give chase to a ship not more than sixty tons. Standing on the forecastle Mister Coxwain joined me as the Dolphin sliced through a light sea he remarked that once you tasted the life of the sea, life on land loses all of its flavor. It was true. After one voyage on the sea with my father I wanted to spend the rest of my life here.

That evening at eight bells Mister Coxwain used the compass to gained our position and we were piped dor dinner. The men divided themselves into messes of six men apiece or more and went to Mister Roberts, our purser, after he divided up the rations. The food onboard was much much superior to that of the English Navy being as we just left port but also the products were of better quality, including the cheese. As a Monday it was a pound of salted pork with fourteen ounces of bread, a half pint of peas, and the beloved half pint of spirits. In this case the spirit ration was comprised of apple brandy as rum was hard for me to come by. The spirit ration was mixed with three parts of water, one part brandy, and a squeeze of lemon to help stave off scurvy. Even though captain of the ship I ate the same as the rest of the crew except I dined alone in my cabin, sitting behind a small table and going over the navigational charts for our route. If the wind and tide continued to play in our favor we could be in the warm waters within a month if we did not run into a British squadron. If we did the only hope we had was to flee as fast as possible, duking it out would only result in our deaths.
 
Governor's Daughter

Emma Lee
Age: 23
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110 pounds
Pitch black hair that is rather curly and almost touches her rear. It is very smooth hair, her skin is a little tan and smooth as well like baby skin. She isn't married and no children, though her father wants her to hurry up and get married so he can have a son in law and grand children.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Father always wanted to hurry me out of the door and to pound out lots of kids, he wanted ten before he died. But my father was also a real dick as well, he was always pissed that I was a girl not a boy. Dad wasn't the kind of man you bond with really, so I was forced to live under his tight rules. Though funny thing was I love him a lot, dad was a very good man when he wanted to be. And he did a lot for me really, got me into the best schools.

But most importantly all I ever wanted was to be loved, but the guys wanted to be with her for the wrong damn reasons. I refuse to be with people who are in it for just the money. I would rather die single and a virgin then be with a man who only wanted the money, since I was much more then just a price tag. But that was besides the point, it was a nice day out. Sure it may not have been the best weather, but that was one thing about me.

I was always into the weather I loved grey stormy days, I love curling on a couch and looking into a good book. It was how I got along in life, it was a great thing really. And right now I was very happy to be single, part of me wasn't really but again. I wanted to be loved for me, my personality. I may not be the most beautiful thing, but many women love my eyes because they are grey and shaped like a cats eye so that was nice.

If girls could love me why couldn't a man? go figure, and I was a rather good cook as well, I enjoy showing off my talents to some ladies. Though I don't really have a true friend, I don't mind to much. But On this very day I decided to do something I normally do not, and it's go out for a walk without any kind of body guards. Perhaps it was very unwise but you know what? I don't really care, I am sick of my father telling me what to do.

I walked around for a little bit, my hands behind my back resting against each other. I had been wearing a light sky blue dress. Since I was always stuck in dresses they were custom made so they were very light, something about me when I am over heated doesn't work to well. Because I get very faint if I am under the sun, even if I have a little day time umbrella it just doesn't work. My mother was the same way as well, just could not take the heat.

I walked all over the place not really realizing the time, until the sun started to get lower. I headed for the docks since I lived close by and saw some ships docked, but one caught my eye. Looking at it I felt a sense of beauty within it, and I wondered what the ships name was. Though I didn't go really up closer, nor try to touch it since I knew some people don't like there boats being touched by lowly women.
 
Approaching the warm waters of the CAribbean we had not seen a single prize nor a ship for that matter in which to sink our teeths into. We could only hunt down British ships but there were Spanish and French colonies here and as we neared the British held Saint Kitts we hoped to see sails on the horizon as the sun set below the horizon and the bell was struck and the candles were extinguished for the off watch to climb into their hammocks and sleep for a few hours.

Retiring to my cabin and sleeping in my own hammock and gently swaying with the waves I drifted off. Just as I was beginning to dream a call from above jerked me awake, "Starboard bow, ahoy! Looks like a man-of-war."

"Damn!" cursing as I thrusted my feet into boots and grabbed my sword and ran for the gundeck as the crew stirred from below and rushed out of the hatchways to their stations. heading for the forecastle there was Mister Coxwain with one eye peering through spyglass looking towards a still dark sea.

"Where away?" I asked once i reached his side.

Pointing just off the larboard bow he explained, "I saw laterns, sir, less than a mile. I am certain I saw a man-of-war, a sloop."

"English?"

"Not sure, sir"

"Very well. What bell are we?"

"Four bells, sir" was Coxwain's response.

"Good. Keep the men at their stations. Have us turn two degrees to port and have all lights extinguished. If it is a man-of-war I don't want to give us away. Silence on deck. Convey the orders."

Tipping his hat Coxwain turned and ran back to carry out my orders and soon it was hushed as men waited by the cannons on the larboard side.
 
I had a deep feeling that something was going to happen, but I didn't know what it was. Right now she was just afraid that something was going to happen to this place. I looked down thinking about what was to come, but then I heard my father screaming for me. And I knew right off I pissed him off which wasn't hard to do. Thinking about what could possibly go wrong right now, so she did what she had to do. A big smile on her face as she began to think about what was to happen and she walked up.

"Where have you been?"

"I have been out you need to relax" I yelled.

"Don't talk back go to your room, something is coming"

I ran to my room and slammed my door I was horribly hurt and dived onto my bed and just didn't know what to do any more. Mother was dead so there was no lap I could cuddle in, sure I was almost twenty five but still. Daughters needed there mothers much like how sons needed there fathers. Looking outside the window I sighed softly and just watched the moon dangle across the window and a faint smile could be seen on my face as I closed my eyes wishing that my mother was around.
 
The Fusiliade had bee sited approaching the mouth of the harbor and from its mizzen flew the flag of the united colonies. She was a privateer and every ship inside this place was subjct to be their prize and immediately all of their guns were run out and fired as they continued to enter the harbor, throwing solid and grape shot at the fort and nearby ships. From the forecaste Humphrey was prime in appearence wth a long blue coat, white breeches, and a black felt tricorner hat with a sword at his side.

When the ship was in the harbor Humphreys ordered his boats to be launched; onobard were hand picked men heading in every direction; one to the shore to raid the town another two towards the moored ships, and a furth towards the fort. It was bold as shot rained down on them but the privateers were undetered by this.
 
But by my window I could see a ship docking and it felt like something was very wrong here, looking down at myself I knew tonight something would happen. Standing up I got changed and looked more like a boy, I put up my hair in a bun and hid it under a hat. And slid out of the window and ran to the docks and didn't know what was going to happen. My eyes narrowed as my heart was almost in my mouth, I smirked a bit and slowly stood up. I wasn't afraid of anything and things would happen.

"Hello?" I called.
 
The party that went ashore were brandishing pistols and cutlasses and were fixated on the buildings lining the docks. There were people cowering inside when they burst in and demanded that everyone surrender which they did. The frigate continued to throw shot at the fort as the shore party searched the buildings for any more peopl and one found a man hiding behind a bush, "You. There! Stand up!" Brandishing a pistol and cocked the hammer. Three other privateer advanced forth to arrest this man and brung him in with the rest of the prisoners as the party sent to clamber onboard the docked ships. Thus far everything was moving according to Humphreys plan as the ships all capitulated to the privateers but the fort continued to hold out.

With the ships Humphreys could cut them out and sail away perhaps netting for himself over a hundred thousand pounds Sterling for such a feat, however, he was not content to just this, he wanted more and ordered that the fort be destroyed.
 
I heard voices as I got closer and she didn't realize that someone was behind her, my female form was hidden by the men clothing that I wore and sighed a bit. But something deep down made me slowly stand up my hands out to the sides so she didn't make any sudden movements. I closed my eyes hoping to god that I wouldn't be killed, sure my life sucked but I didn't want to die either. My Grey cat like eyes pierced the darkness. My heart beating in my throat just about and it was a rather nasty surprise.

"Don't kill me"
 
"Come with us!" the voice commanded. The privateers ushered the prisoner to a mess of others that were a mixture of sailors and citizens and one privateer was looking for someone, shining a latern in their faces but did not find one that satisfied his quest thus he moved on.

For those attempting to cut out the ships at the docks the privateers found that the British sailors were in no condition to fight, those few that were onboard were asleep when the privateers clambered onboard. Once the ships were secured the Fusiliade was still duking it out with the fort when the guns at last fell silent and a white flag was raised over the fort.

Humphreys ordered a boat to carry him ashore where he demanded to meet with the governor and demand his immediate surrender. The man was found hiding inside the fort and was perplexed that American privateers had managed to cause so much destruction to St. Kitts of all places but Humphreys merely smiled and said, "One hundred thousand pounds Sterling or this whole place goes up like a candle."

"You can't do this!" the governor exclaimed, "You are pirates!"

"One hundred thousand or the flames!"
 
I didn't do anything I just followed what she was told to do, thankfully no one was really paying attention to me. And that made it where I could get a closer look, but then I heard my father yelling and I looked over in a room seeing him. Hearing what the man said I growled a bit, I was really pissed that my father was selfish. Yes they maybe pirates but I would be damned if I was about to see my home burn. Not because of him or anyone else, Shrugging through the crowds I finally got in and saw them looking at me.

"Do it....father!"

Anger could be seen on my face, from the way they looked at me it was like I was a boy. But then I removed the hat exposing my long black hair, my cat like Grey eyes that cut through the burning candles in the room. And I marched right up to him and looked into my fathers eyes, the man I have been afraid of all my life. Always afraid of disappointing him, but you know what now was the time to stand up. Something had to be done and he wouldn't get away with this, not with me there.

"I will not let you destory what mothers hopes were!"

I yelled but then my father slapped me very hard and I stumbled back, but then I saw the leader of the "pirates" knife on the table and I grabbed it quickly and put it up to my fathers throat. The look of seriousness played over my face, and I noticed my father was swallowing very hard. For that moment I fed on that fear, but then again I was no murder either. But the abuse had happened for long enough, no more. NO more would I stay quite I would speak up, since I had the right to the money as well.

"I have been afraid of you all my life! you abused me and mother long enough, now I am my voice and mothers. She died because of you, you son of a bitch and I will not let this place burn. I would rather see you hung. If you can keep him here I can give you what you want, and another thousand if you take me with you" I said and looked at the leader.
 
When this 'boy' first stepped out of the crowd no one paid attention but when 'she' now had a knife trained on tha man's throat no one dared move. It was one to have the knife at Humphrey's throat but this woman was putting the blade against her own father and when she completed her offer to Humphreys he was looking with wide eyes and then laughed as did the rest of his crew.

"Tell me, sir, are the rest of your daughters possessing this much spunk?"

The man was humiliated and indimidating into submission. No one else dare resist or step in to come to the aid of their governor. "One hundred thousand pounds Sterling," he said again, "Nay, make that "One hundred and one thousand," giving his daughter with the long flowing, rave black hair, and piercing eyes an affirming nod and then asked that she return my knife and step aside so we can complete this transaction.
 
I saw the reaction that they gave me and I noticed what he said and nodded to me. Thinking for a moment, I looked into my fathers eyes and slowly backed up the knife slowly resting to my side. I put the blade in my hand carefully as I offered the handle to the leader and slowly released it. Looking at father. I kinda regretted what I did, but it was time to leave I had a great responsibility to this place. And if my father wouldn't do anything? I wouldn't stand for it but then I answered the mans answer.

"No sir....I am his only child....I have been under this mans rule long enough, you will have what you wish and I can pull my own weight. I maybe a woman but I am stronger then most, you have to be to be a child of this son of a bitch. But it ends tonight father, may you slowly die of a broken heart. Maybe one day we will come to an understanding and forgive one another, but this place comes before you" I said simply and sighed. I didn't want to kill my only blood relation so I walked with the leader.

I did what I had to do and what he wanted I managed to get very quickly. Only making the leader wait ten minutes tops, I sighed a little bit. I had a very small bag since there were two things of mothers I needed, which were very small so they shouldn't be a problem. And she wore them, plus some guys clothing as I looked at the man and smiled at him. Nodding to him, I figured he would most likely count every one. "I hope that you keep to your word, I do not care for my father but this town? Is all I have" I bowed my head in respect.
 
"We are men of our word," Humphreys smiled and turned to two of his subordinates, "You two, escort this woman onboard the ship. She will bed in my cabin. And do not let a pervert thought slip into your minds for if I have found that you have tarnished her there will be your heads on the mizzen."

Nodding the two accompnied the daughter back to the docks where a boat, already loaded down with 'aquired' possessions was already waiting. They rowed back to the ship but there was still much that needed to be done on land.

Humphreys said to the governor that he has one hour to turn over the demand. The old man was flabbergasted by a ransom this high. It did not seem possible, but Humphreys would not budge from his pedistal and several men took him back to the governor's house to help him aquire the necessary monies as the rest of the landing party continued to keep the prisoners under guard. Al of the ships they aquired would require crew thus Humphreys iummediately ordered those that were within the group to return to their respective ships and prepare to cast off, the rest of the civilians and soldiers were at their mercy but Humphreys was going to keep his word unless the old man failed to meet his demand and said to his men, "Not a hair out of place and not one inch of skin touched."
 
If father would let this place burn I would destroy my father, no one would do it for me. I would chock the life out of him. And when I heard the commands come from his lips, I just nodded and walked silently with his two men. And I sat down and watched the men start to row back to the main ship, the whole time my eyes didn't leave town. I prayed silently to myself that my father fork over the money, it wouldn't even put a dent in his fucking pocket. God it pissed me off he was willing to let the place go.

But now I needed to relax and let everything flow over me, I began to meditate and allowed all the hate and hurt flow from my body. And the moment they stopped I opened up my eyes and I got up from the small boat onto the main one, and then I followed one of the men to the captains cabin and I could protect myself if need be. I just hoped his men honored the captain like I would be. I figured he would want to take me, rather it be tonight, tomorrow or some other night in the future.

A soft melody escaped my lips as I brushed my hair, I braided it and then put it on the top of my head. So it was out of my face, I may cut it unless the captain wanted my long hair for only god knows what. But hey everyone each there own I figured and I sat on the foot of the bed. But then I heard foot steps coming and I figured it was him. Though they didn't know first names, something told me I knew his name already. I don't know why but something about this ship sounded like that of a story I once heard.
 
Looking at my watch as the minutes slowly crawled by Humphreys continued to wait with the civilian and soldiers by the shore. There was fifteen minutes left and still not one coin had been dropped onto his feet but he was not becoming inpatient, but the crew were. Those not watching over the prisoners were allowed to venture into the town and to take anything that sought their fancy but they were not allowed to break or burn anything, just take. Everything that they took would be considered, at least in their minds, would be condemned as a prize and sold at auction or just kept for their own.

In with the prisoners there were plenty of women that caught their eye annd though sailors desired women and being superstitious detested having them onboard their ship but once the captain conveyed his order they would do what he asked after all he was filling their purse with coin as well as other lovely luxuries.

At last the governor returned with what the demands were. Several boxes and opening each and every one of them Humphreys shoved one hand in to feel the coins. All of them were real sterling, a hard item to find as most were given in promisary notes or other coin but the governor fullfilled the promise and Humphreys ordered that the town be spared and the people were letting out great sighs of relief and the governor now asked for the privateer to leave.

"We will, and we take the ships with us" laughing and looking at the people in the crowd asked if any other folks wished to join them. It was baffling to say the least when the governor saw the flag on the mizzen by the glow of the half moon of the Fusiliade and reconized it as from the rebellious colonies, "You are rebels?!" he gasped.

"Rebels?" Humphreys scoffed, "We may be rebels but you are prisoners. We have what we want now we shove us. To the boats and take what plunder we wish. I wish you the joy of the evening," tipping his tricorner hat to the now furious governor.
 
I had no idea what was truly going to happen to me, not that it really mattered really. Right now what mattered was getting away from the abuse, I heard some talking outside the window and noticed that there was another small little ship coming to dock and figured it was the rest of them. For the first time in a long time I smiled happily and ran my fingers over my cheek that my father hit before I left. He had lost mother now his only child, he lost much because of how he treated women really.

"Bastard..." I grumbled.
 
Keeping his word to leave the town intact Humphreys and his men shoved off from the land taking with them much of the way of plunger. Not only the one hundred and one thousand sterling but also other valuables including food, drink, trinkets, and a few other women that were to become 'brides.' None of it was against their will, they simply perfered life away from here as much as the governor's daughter did and Humphreys could afford to have the extra people as they boarded the fusiliade the eight other ships that were caught in port also began to slip out of their berths and the privateers, once they boarded the frigate, were cheering and laughing to their heart's content over their overwhelming victory.

"Books! Books. We will be in books!" one of them shouted.

As Humphreys came aboard he immediately ordered the cheering to cease as there was much work that needed to be done. Still sitting in the harbor they must escape and make their way west becfore a English squadron found them and be made mince meat. "Trinidad" Humphreys ordered, "Set sail for Trinidad. The French would pay a good price for these goods," and proceeded to his cabin to meet the daughter of the governor.
 
I wouldn't fight if he wanted me, it was the least I could do for what he was willing to do. My back was to the window as I heard footsteps again, I noticed that we were moving and I had heard what he said so they were going to France, which was interesting. I had always wanted to go there, so when I heard the steps stop. I took a deep silent breath and heard the door knob slowly wiggle then the door opening up. I couldn't help but a small smile on my lips and decided to say something to him.

"Thank you for taking me with you, I blame my father what what he has done. But I doubt you care to hear about my father, so that kind of talk stops now. I will pull my weight as well, I will not be a burden to you Captain Allen. I have heard of you, stories kind of roll around the town. I am pleased father gave you what you wanted, if you had burned my home down because of father I would have asked for thirty minutes so I could kill him. But any way what ever you want from me you will have, but I must warn you Captain I am still a virgin"

Sitting down on his bed I smiled at him a little bit, and just relaxed a little bit. Closing her eyes as she yawned a little bit. It was such a lonely time right now, but in a way I was hoping to get something out of this. Rather it be a husband, or a friend it didn't matter. All I wanted was to belong, I was never the girlie girl that father wanted me to be. I didn't have patience for it to be honestly. But we would see how it would go, one leg over the other as I didn't try and seduce him. Hell id never even seen a naked man, would he laugh at that I wonder?
 
"Trinidad is a French colony in the caribbean," Humphreys laughed but then scartched his chin and pondered, perhaps taking the fight to the Egnlish all the way into their home waters was not a terrible idea, the only item in their way was their Letter of Marque that confined them to the Caribbean, but when she refered to him as Allen, Allen was in command of another privateer, but he did not bother to correct her of this error. They were sailing out now, leaving the port behind with a seven merchant ships, their cargo hold bursting with goods. They were to make all due speed to Trinidad and be within its solace in a few days. As the crew went about their task Humphreys shucked his coat and then his boots and sat on the foot of his bed as he glanced over at Chloe, "Nervous? Do not be. I have kept my word to your father but I do not ravage a woman. Yet we do have a long journey before us. If you decide to pull your weight then our sailing master will teach you the ropes on the morrow."
 
I smiled at him and something made me wonder if I got his name wrong, which made me a bit nervous. But knew he was the leader so I grew a little bit relaxed, and thought about so many things for a moment. Looking out the window I smiled a little bit, and looked back at him. Was I nervous? What a question to ask a virgin. But I certainly didn't tell him that, I felt he wouldn't find it funny or as the joke I would want it to be. So watching him getting comfortable it made me feel a bit happy.

"Well I am not really, and my name is Emily Chloe Lee, you may call me what ever you like just don't call me governess or governess lee or what ever. Since I am not the kind of girl that holds onto a title like it means anything, since I know it means nothing out here. You have freed me and I thank you Captain" I said softly and the nervous feeling in my stomach kinda vanished after a little while right now.
 
"Very well, because we sailors are a bit superstiious and having women onboard, but as you can see that is a bit tossed overboard. We shall call you Lee and if anyone asks, you are my guest until we reach Trinidad and then we will find out what will become of all of our plunder. Are you hungry? I can summon the cook to prepare a fine meal."

Outside of the cabin the men were bustling about and the cook was going to be busy in preparing all of the men's dinners but as captain I had standing in this and after all of the provisions were stowed the men settled down to their regular duties and the off watch went down below where they were singing and drinking portions of their drink that they aquired on land.
 
I nodded to him I agreed that it was good enough and was grateful that he would treat me as everyone else. At least I hope, but then he asked if she was hungry. I would be crazy I thought if I said no, and my stomach pretty much answered for me. I chuckled a bit "Forgive my stomach, if it's not to much trouble I am starving thank you" I said happily and felt very relaxed with him, I wondered how he did it. Perhaps because he could charm the pants of women without even trying, which was cool.

I felt like this would be a good chapter in my life and hopefully that everything will come out in the long run. "I have heard some people think women are a curse on a ship, I always wondered if it was true. I mean I know you have a ship full of men and only one woman for the captain, I could see why women would be considered a curse. And because women also lack the strength men have. But I thank you anyway for taking a chance, I know I had no right to ask anything of you but I am glad to be away"
 
"We be on the sea for so long, just a small group of men on a small ship and well isolated and it can play tricks on the mind and leave men feeling very different than those on land," he said then went to the door and summoned a man that was close and said to convey an order to the cook to prepare a meal for our guest and closed the door when he hustled off.

"hen you learn the men may treat you different but rest assure they will not try anything such as ravaging but if they test you inform me immediately and I will administer punishment. There are other women on board, they are below and will not be of a bother. Chances are, they will disembark in Trinidad."
 
I watched him get up and was taken back when I realized the man wasn't very happy about the new order, but then I heard what he said to me and I was taken back again by how sweet he was to me. And he didn't have to be, looking down for a moment I nodded. "I hope that doesn't happen, but I promise if it happens I will let you know." I said with a happy smile on my face, and crossed one leg over the other. Looking at him as he sat back down I watched him very closely so I didn't say something stupid.

"May I ask Captain what makes me so special? Why do you want me when you have some more women. I mean I am honored and do not mean to question you, but curiosity killed the cat" I said a bit and chuckled a little bit. And silently sighed thinking about what was going to happen, right now as it was it was rather interesting. What was it about me he liked? Perhaps I was prettier, I was selfless or maybe just because he liked younger women? I shrugged trying to not think about it.
 
Back
Top