HumanKind.. Be Both

:rose:

A beautiful thread, Giggles. After this month, this helped me restore my faith in humanity :rose:
 
:rose:

A beautiful thread, Giggles. After this month, this helped me restore my faith in humanity :rose:

May your June be brighter.

I was in a master class with an anatomical physicist who was using dance as his method of study. He lined us up, each with a partner and our task was this:
Person one, come into Passe' Releve' (tree pose on your toes if you don't speak dance)
Person two, gently push Person one until she falls out of the position.

After many minutes of the challenge, he asked us what kept us from falling.. and then we discussed our relationship with the ground.
The only way to dance, to leap, to turn.. is to create a relationship with the ground. Being grounded is the one essential component of balance.
 
Mr Rocket -

I don't think your ex-wife deserves all the credit. I think you need to own the great things you do as well..
and if you can't tell us right now what at least one of those things is, you have one week to go do something totally great and report back

The only thing I do great is being me. It's a developed sense of self and a disregard for the opinions of others that let's me care about people and things, without worrying if they're the hip or politically correct ones. I've done my best to pass that along to the kids. That and a love of music may be the two best gifts I've given them.
 
thanks yellow

I would take out the "only" in your description.

Being present for others with such authenticity gives them permission to respond in the same way.. and I think it's one of the hardest challenges with parenting.
 
Keep it going Gig, you're on the right track :)

:rose:.. this one is for you, Mr Tenant

rain-boots.jpg
 
Giggles, this new thread that you created is awesome!
I am not surprised tho, because it paralells your empathetic and compassionate self .:heart:

Here is my contribution for today


"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance"
Robert F. Kennedy

of course in today's world...insert the words " woman" and " she " because it applies to men AND women.
 
Capetown.. thank you

I have to work today.
I have a great opportunity today to walk in the light of humanity. As strange as it sounds, this brings me great joy.

What brings you joy in your work? in your life?
 
Capetown.. thank you

I have to work today.
I have a great opportunity today to walk in the light of humanity. As strange as it sounds, this brings me great joy.

What brings you joy in your work? in your life?

When I can make someone smile who was crying only moments before.
When I can make someone feel safe again.
When I can bring the pain to someone who hurts others.
When I can keep someone from doing something stupid that they'd regret.
 
Laughter is the best medicine ~ Lord Byron

tell me a joke. I've had a draining day.
 
Laughter is the best medicine ~ Lord Byron

tell me a joke. I've had a draining day.

Better late than never . . .

There's an old couple, both in their 70's, on a sentimental holiday back to the place where they first met. They're sitting in a pub and he says to her, "Do you remember the first time we had sex together over fifty years ago? We went behind the barn. You leaned against the fence and I made love to you from behind."

"Yes, she says, I remember it well." she replies.

"OK, he says, How about taking a stroll round there again and we can do it for old times sake?"

Smiling his wife responds, "Oh Henry, you devil, that sounds like a good idea, she answers."

There's a man sitting at the next table listening to all this, having a chuckle to himself. He thinks, I've got to see this, two old timers having sex against a fence. So he follows them.

They walk haltingly along, leaning on each other for support, aided by walking sticks. Finally they get to the back of the barn and make their way to the fence. The old lady lifts her skirt, takes her knickers down and the old man drops his trousers. She turns around and hangs on to the fence and the old man moves in. Suddenly they erupt into the most furious sex the watching man has ever seen. They are bucking and jumping like eighteen-year-olds. This goes on for about forty minutes. She's yelling Ohhh God! He's hanging on to her hips for dear life.

This is the most athletic sex imaginable. Finally, they both collapse panting on the ground. The guy watching is amazed. He thinks he has learned something about life that he didn't know. He starts to think about his own aged parents and wonders whether they still have sex like this.

After about half an hour of lying on the ground recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their clothes back on. The guy, still watching thinks, That was truly amazing, he was going like a train. I've got to ask him what his secret is.

As the couple pass, the guy says to them, "That was something else, you must have been shagging for about forty minutes. How do you manage it? Is there some sort of secret?"

"No, there's no secret, the old man says, except fifty years ago that fucking fence wasn't electrified."
 
hahahaha.. this is why we're friends.

ok.. I have one too..

A woman goes to her husband and says, "I just looked in the mirror. My arms are flabby. My tits are sagging. I couldn't even see my pussy 'cause my belly was in the way."

He stares at her.

"I need you to tell me something good about myself," she directs.

"you have perfect vision."
 
hahahaha.. this is why we're friends.

ok.. I have one too..

A woman goes to her husband and says, "I just looked in the mirror. My arms are flabby. My tits are sagging. I couldn't even see my pussy 'cause my belly was in the way."

He stares at her.

"I need you to tell me something good about myself," she directs.

"you have perfect vision."


Hahaaaa - OMG, that's hilarious. :D
 
Thank you CJ for sharing.
And ToungeLust, that is unexpectedly lovely. Thank you,

I'm staying with my aunt for a couple of days and she started talking about the nicest things that have happened to her lately. As I listen, I realize that every one of them involves touch..
A person held her hand
A person settled her with an embrace
A person let her hold a child

My aunt has recently learned that her cancer is terminal and has suggested that it is the reason she craves simple human contact. I don't know though.
What would happen if you made it a point to touch someone everyday? Not that Pervy touch that we also like.. But a sincere act of human connection.

I'm going to do it.. And not just at work. I think each of us should.
 
Thank you CJ for sharing.
And ToungeLust, that is unexpectedly lovely. Thank you,

I'm staying with my aunt for a couple of days and she started talking about the nicest things that have happened to her lately. As I listen, I realize that every one of them involves touch..
A person held her hand
A person settled her with an embrace
A person let her hold a child

My aunt has recently learned that her cancer is terminal and has suggested that it is the reason she craves simple human contact. I don't know though.
What would happen if you made it a point to touch someone everyday? Not that Pervy touch that we also like.. But a sincere act of human connection.

I'm going to do it.. And not just at work. I think each of us should.

Great idea, you never know how long it has been for that other person since the last time anyone gave them any kind touch.
 
Back
Top