How to describe the female body.

You are very smart.
I want an opinion of someone less enlightened though =)
 
So then how would you describe breasts then? That they are full and round - kinda like that? What if I don't want her to have a very big breasts but not completely flat chested? Like B-cup size or somewhere between A and B - how would you describe that with words?

This is an excerpt from one of the stories I was beta-reading.

I think her breasts were perfect, somewhere between a handful and being a bit too big for her petite frame. I try hard but it takes a lot of willpower to not stare at those twin pale globes of perfection. All I want to do was hold them, feel them and just marvel how soft they'd feel in my hands.

Now, this scene is between two twenty-something strangers stuck naked in the same room. I like the way he includes awkwardness, the urge to touch the woman and, of course, the description of the woman's breast. There's more to it, but I wanted to highlight specifically what this thread's discussion is based on.

I'm not saying writing B-cups or C-cups is bad, but once you read something that describes it better, you wouldn't want to go back to something subpar. Also, as a woman who's experienced in buying wrong cup sizes for most of her teenage life, I find it weird that someone can immediately describe someone else's cup size by just looking at it.

Of course, my arguments were for First Person narrative, not third person. The third person narrative gives a lot of freedom in story-telling and description. It's like God mode of story telling. =P
 
I think you should read some lesbian stories. If you want suggestions, I have a few authors to name. You can find most of them on my favourites list.

You can also wade through the Literotica Top Lists and see if you can find something you like. I have no idea about your likes or dislikes, so my option is pretty limited here.
 
Great ideas and comments on here. I especially like describing what is different about her, a smile, a walk, posture etc. There are certain body parts that are a major turn on for me, (a woman's ass) but I see now how a description of how it feels is more important than actual inches.

ES
 
Back
Top