What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cupcakes, Stunt Falls and Paperbacks: A Life in Print and Pain

Former stuntwoman K recounts a rich life of lessons learned and bridges left unburned.

Contents:

The Early Years: Always Carry Bear Repellent
Life is a Stunt: Hollywood Calls and My Chiropractor Answers
Guerilla Battles in the Cupcake Wars
Hotel on the Rock: How I Learned to Love a Penguin from Afar
Good Fences Make Good Paydays
Warp Speed: Making the Jump from Blurts to Blurbs

This. :D

Also, Bruno was added to Netflix streaming! When I saw it in the theatre, my friend and I were laughing so hard we were crying and had to prop each other up in our seats. Completely and utterly perverse in every way, and sadistic, too.
 
This. :D

Also, Bruno was added to Netflix streaming! When I saw it in the theatre, my friend and I were laughing so hard we were crying and had to prop each other up in our seats. Completely and utterly perverse in every way, and sadistic, too.

Hehe I love Bruno too, well everything that Sacha Baron Cohen does really. I saw Bruno with my mum. Possibly one of the worst movies to see with your mum, that one. She laughed harder at the kink than I did :eek:

What made me smile today: it's Guy Fawkes day, one of the bestest events (not really a holiday coz it's a totally normal day till the evening) of the year. When it got dark we headed down to the beach and settled in to watch. The boy LOVED it! Kept pointing in all different directions trying to watch them all at once and making loud exploding sounds to echo the bangs. I just bet he's gonna be a pyro like me when he's older....
 
Hehe I love Bruno too, well everything that Sacha Baron Cohen does really. I saw Bruno with my mum. Possibly one of the worst movies to see with your mum, that one. She laughed harder at the kink than I did :eek:

Oh, god. Your mum? Nooooooooo!

I love his stuff. He's a pro at keeping his composure and poking the animals with a stick! The only problem now is he is so well known that it makes it more difficult to push people's buttons.
 
RM%2011%20Turken%20&%20Tampon%2048x72_675_450.jpg

Who came first...?

The man, obviously. Inside.

Then the chicken popped out. :eek:

LMAO!!
Is that why it's such a scraggly looking chicken?

Yup. It also explains the "WTF" expression the chicken has.

He's like, "holy shit!"

hahahaha

poor little chicken.

This conversation in the GB earlier. Was silly, but gave me a good smile and a great laugh today. :D

And, yes. I have quoted myself several times now. I admit, I am a bit of a narcissist. ;)
 
A huge accomplishment getting 2 kids under the age of 3 that are not mine asleep at the same time. I'm freakin awesome!!:D
 
Feeling myself check off a few more things from a list that has been way too overwhelming for far too long. Finally.

You know, this momentum thing feels really, really good and I am starting to think that I could totally get used to it. :)
 
The turkey was good, so thanks everyone for your tips! It wasn't the absolute best thing I've ever had or cooked, but it definitely wasn't bad and no take out was needed. :)

I think I just need more practice. Next time I'm gonna try the whisky marinade LK mentioned!

What's making me smile today are juicy, achingly ripe pears. Succulant. The only way to make them more perfect is to add blue cheese.
 
Realizing how my headphones actually feel like a hydrating and nutritious IV drip line. I am really enjoying an incredible new Pandora station that was given to me. So grateful.
 
My new business website, which looks ever so much better than I could do because of help from one of our own: Stella.
 
I really want to see the follow-up article(s) on this one.

Piedmont Mom Gets $2,500 Ticket After Son, 3, Urinates In Front Yard

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma - A 3 year old gets his mom in trouble with the law when he gets a ticket from police. Now the little boy's mother will have to pay thousands of dollars for what the toddler did in their own front yard.

Dillan is being potty trained. His mother says he [was] playing outside and wasn't near the facilities, so he unzipped.

News 9 was told before he could pee, a Piedmont police officer stopped him. It's a bathroom break that [could] cost mom $2,500.​
 
I really want to see the follow-up article(s) on this one.

Piedmont Mom Gets $2,500 Ticket After Son, 3, Urinates In Front Yard

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma - A 3 year old gets his mom in trouble with the law when he gets a ticket from police. Now the little boy's mother will have to pay thousands of dollars for what the toddler did in their own front yard.

Dillan is being potty trained. His mother says he [was] playing outside and wasn't near the facilities, so he unzipped.

News 9 was told before he could pee, a Piedmont police officer stopped him. It's a bathroom break that [could] cost mom $2,500.​

This should be in the "what pissed you off" thread. What an asshole cop.

I have a related story, years ago, I was dropping off my niece at the airport for a red eye flight. My son really had to go so as I'm unloading the bags, he asked the security guy where the bathroom was and ran in. My niece ran for her flight and I waited in my car for my son. A cop drove up and told me I had to move. I said, "my son ran in to use the restroom, he'll be right out" he said he didn't care and I needed to circle around. Now it was almost midnight, there was hardly any traffic (so I wasn't holding people up) and this is a very large airport in a not great area.
He said, "move now or you get a ticket" I said "I'm not leaving my child alone in the middle of the night" The other security guy even came over to tell the cop guy that my kid did run in.
My son came out as he was writing the ticket. What a dickhead!
I wrote a complaint/dispute letter, which they "never received" and it ended up costing me a couple hundred dollars.
"Protect and serve", my ass!
 
My sister received the box of my books I sent for her, my dad and my nephew today. She said she cried when she opened the box. Cried again when she read the personal notes. Then cried again when she read the acknowledgments.

For those here that know me, indisputable proof that I am adopted. :D

(I love my mushy sister).
 
Being called an "inspiration to assholes everywhere" for a political comment on FB. I guess my work there is done. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top