2014 Survivor News & Views: Announcements and Discussions for the Survivorphile

I have just finished updating the scoreboard as I do every Saturday morning. For the rest of the month, I will be doing this more often, and for the last few days, I will do it daily.

The top five scorers still are, or claim to be, women.

For any submissions to either illustrated or audible categories, I recommend including in the "notes" field that the entry is a part of the Survivors Contest. Otherwise, it might not get posted in time. Anything submitted after Christmas should have the same notation for the same reason.
 
Last edited:
4 out of 5 are women, one of them is guy whose name starts with F.

My only real complaint about my first time doing this is the sand bagging annoys me.

I think sand bagging should be a 20 point deduction at the end.

Just saying....
 
I may write and post more stories but for the time being, I just completed my scorecard.

The only way I can lose this contest is if Tara Neale writes 30 more shitty little 1,200 word stories that have no beginning, no middle, no end, no dialogue, no description, no imagery, no tension, no character development, and no plot. Good luck to her. I sincerely hope she does to end this lunacy.

The only other possible way that I can lose this contest is if I'm cheated out of winning this contest as I was in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Sadly, without an explanation, Laurel has stopped posting my stories. I have 7 new stories waiting to post that have been pending since December 8th. That's not fair. That's not right. I don't know why she's not posting my stories. I don't know why she's not responding to my e-mails.

Perhaps she's not there. Perhaps she's on Christmas vacation somewhere tropical. Perhaps she's been kidnapped and someone else is running Literotica, someone diabolical who doesn't want me to win the Survivor contest again and the reason why my stories suddenly stopped posting. I don't know. I have no idea.

Yet, I expected something like this to happen. Every year, it's something, such as dumping my stories in Non-Erotic or Reviews and Essays because it's arbitrarily claimed that there's not enough sex in the story.

In 2009 they deleted my stories from my scorecard (lol) after the close of the contest and called them boiler plate stories, whatever that is because even if they were boiler plate stories, there is nothing in the contest rules that state that boiler plate stories are not allowed.

I have a degree in English from Northeastern University in Boston with English Literature and Creative Writing minors and graduated magna cum laude with a 3.65 gpa. Even if there is such a thing as boiler plate stories, I don't write boiler plate stories. All of my stories are new, fresh, imaginative, and creative. All of my stories are the best stories that I can write and not 1,200 words thrown at a piece of paper and called a story.

Routinely in the course of the year, after my stories were approved by Literotica, they were unceremoniously moved to other categories without my permission and without my knowledge. Had I not been vigilant in checking my score card, I'd never would have caught the reposting of my stories.

Suffice to say Tara, I hope you win this fucking contest because no matter how many stories I write and points that I should have, it's never enough when there is someone behind the scenes pulling strings against me winning.

I don't know why they just didn't write a rule that states that previous winners cannot win the contest again. Why not do that instead of waiting until the eleventh hour to make the dirty, nasty decision to no longer post my stories?

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.
 
Hurray! After languishing in the pending zone for 10 days, since Monday, December 8th, my cross dressing story, Hot Sex Instead of Dancing chapter 12 is scheduled to post tomorrow.

What do you know? Ain't that a kick in the head? Maybe my ranting helped my dismal situation.

Yet, in the 7 years I've been posting stories here, I've never had a story not post for 11 days. Typically stories take 3 - 5 days to go from pending to posting.

I've grown accustomed to having my stories shit canned to the bottom of the new story board just as I've grown accustomed to begging Laurel to post my story.

Not ever expecting to win a theme or monthly contest even though I've written 1,500 stories of more than 10 million words that have garnered over 250 million hits, this is my last contest. I'm done wasting my time.

I'll still write my stories while hoping they'll be posted and the bashing 1 votes will be removed as they are with everyone else's stories, not usually the case with my stories.

I'm just glad one of my stories is posting tomorrow after 11 days. Now I only have 6 more stories waiting to post in the dreaded pending zone.

"Thank you Laurel!"
 
Come what may, it is all in the hands of the Lit gods (goddesses too) now. But the most important thing is that...I did it. I met the goal that I sat for myself. I competed against myself and won. And that is the best feeling of all after writing at least three stories with an average length approaching 3000 words in all 35 categories plus contest ones too...I know that I did my best and that is all anyone can ask of themselves or others.

Goddess bless you all...I wish you the best as you too meet your personal and professional goals.

Happy New Year,
Tara
 
I have several last minute stories showing as pending. I did write in the comments while posting "Survivor 2014 Entry" in hopes of expediting, but I'm unsure when they will show up. (They were submitted either yesterday or two days ago, depending on which one we're talking about.)

Am I correct to assume that if the stories do not post this calendar year, they don't count towards my total? I realize these additional stories will make little difference to my overall ranking, but there is the matter of pride, too.
 
I have several last minute stories showing as pending. I did write in the comments while posting "Survivor 2014 Entry" in hopes of expediting, but I'm unsure when they will show up. (They were submitted either yesterday or two days ago, depending on which one we're talking about.)

Am I correct to assume that if the stories do not post this calendar year, they don't count towards my total? I realize these additional stories will make little difference to my overall ranking, but there is the matter of pride, too.

You actually have through Jan. 1, so that is still 48 hours. In the past, stories have been accepted that were submitted on time but took too long to post. If I have the say, that will be the case this year too, but the grace time is limited.
 
You actually have through Jan. 1, so that is still 48 hours. In the past, stories have been accepted that were submitted on time but took too long to post. If I have the say, that will be the case this year too, but the grace time is limited.

Good to know. I have one pending and one furiously rushing out of my fingertips. Probably won't finish in time, but I'm more likely to finish the story if I think I still have time.
 
2015

What happens to the competitions next year? I will contact Laurel for my price.
 
What happens to the competitions next year? I will contact Laurel for my price.

I suppose you mean prize. On Friday, I will start verifying the scorecards and PM Laurel with a list of the winners. Once that is done and she has acknowledged it, send her a PM telling her your name and address and she will send you a check.

Unless she changes her mind, there will be no Survivors' Contest next year. :(
 
I have made the final changes to the scorecards and the results are on the Scoreboard. If I made changes to anybody's score, I did so by copying his or her scorecard and including the changes on that copy. If I made no changes to the scorecard, I added a new post which includes the final score.

This are not yet the official results. I will PM Laurel and she will, hopefully, post the final results and include directions on how to claim prizes.

It has been quite a lot of work verifying every scorecard, but I have enjoyed being a moderator, either officially or unofficially. :)
 
I have made the final changes to the scorecards and the results are on the Scoreboard. If I made changes to anybody's score, I did so by copying his or her scorecard and including the changes on that copy. If I made no changes to the scorecard, I added a new post which includes the final score.

This are not yet the official results. I will PM Laurel and she will, hopefully, post the final results and include directions on how to claim prizes.

It has been quite a lot of work verifying every scorecard, but I have enjoyed being a moderator, either officially or unofficially. :)

Thank you for your time and effort. I'm glad I jumped in halfway through. I'd be bummed if I'd missed it. It was fun.

Happy New Year!

Patientlee
 
Thanks for all your hard work Box. I don't even want to guess how many hours you devoted to tallying things up, so I'll just say it again: Thanks!
 
Thanks Box for all your time! Author's Survivor would've surely failed without you.

And since this is the last year, thanks to Lauren and CrimsonMaiden for their work as well over the contest years. (If there is anyone else, I apologize for not including you in the thanks)
 
Thanks

Thanks Box for all your hard work and being so approachable if we had any concerns. I appreciate you and your hard work.

Congrats to all the winners :)

Happy 2015
 
Thank you, Box, fr all your work on the contest. You were the one who made it work.

I was a little disappointed when I saw I wasn't going to win any money but my original goal was to win any kind of prize and I did that. The competition is the thing anyhow and I like to think I improved my writing. I have a few more stories I want to submit and intend to enter all the contests this year.
 
Thanks for all your hard work at tallying up the scores and moderating this contest Box! It's certainly been a fun two years competing!
 
You're welcome, everybody.

This is an email I got from Laurel after I sent in the contest results:

Thank you very much for your help! If you're still keen to moderate and there are folks who are interested in continuing the contest unofficially. We won't be supplying prizes, but we can supply the Survivor forum for you all to use.


I would be willing to moderate, if we get enough people to sign up. The blank score cards are intact and I can easily open a new scoreboard. However, if there are only a few interested, I wouldn't want to do it. :)
 
Back
Top