The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Yankee...so very sorry. You are always so supportive and loving in your posts, I wish I had some words to provide you the comfort you have provided to others. All I can say is that my thoughts are with you and I hope and pray you have the comfort of family and friends around you. Know that your Lit "family" is sending you positive thoughts, love, and hugs. :rose:

Best wishes for a speedy return home. Positive energy sent your way cmslt. Be well and stay strong. :heart:

Thanks Apple and please know I have been praying for you and your whole family as you help your brother transition from this life. I am so very sorry you are going through this and I think of you and pray for you often...

Please keep the prayers coming cmslt...they are most needed. I will keep you in mine also. Sending you the most positive thoughts for a quick return to health. Much love to you.:heart:

Please keep the prayers coming cmslt...they are most needed. I will keep you in mine also. Sending you the most positive thoughts for a quick return to health. Much love to you.:heart:

Apple you have really been on my heart and in my prayers lately...please know that I have lost a brother to this nasty disease and I am so sorry you are having to do all of this...

I am slowly improving and I appreciate your kind words...

I'm beyond sad to have to say that today cancer won a very long and hard fought war. My sweet, loving brother died this morning after an extremely long and painful fight with neuroendocrine cancer.

He suffered more than I can even attempt to imagine. While I'm heartbroken that we will not be together again on this life's plane, I'm happy that he is relieved from his pain and suffering. I loved him dearly and the loss is more than painful, but it would be selfish and cruel for me to have wished him one more day. I prayed he would be released from the body that was failing to protect him and from the ugly cells that were reeking havoc upon him.

Now, I pray that he is at peace and that once again he will be in the arms and care of our parents.

To say thank you to all of you who messaged or posted words of support, love, or encouragement would be to fall short. Sometimes, this thread and you were my only escape and were a lifesaver for me. I thank you from my heart and wish you all the best of health, happiness, and peace.

As I've said several times, the only words that matter are the "I love you's." I'm happy to say that those were said a hundred times in the past 24 hours and were the last words I said to my brother. :heart:

Peace and Love to you.
Apple:rose:

"FYC"...Find Your Cure!!!!
Cancer has taken too much from me. I refuse to give it anything more, including my hatred.

Oh Eden, my heart and thoughts are with you. He is free. You have been such an inspiration.

:heart:

Oh Eden, my heart and thoughts are with you. He is free. You have been such an inspiration.

:heart:

Apple - dear Apple. I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no words.
I am glad his pain is over.

You are an inspiration as both a sister and a nurse.
bless you.
Know that we hold you in our hearts as you grieve.

~c

I'm beyond sad to have to say that today cancer won a very long and hard fought war. My sweet, loving brother died this morning after an extremely long and painful fight with neuroendocrine cancer.

He suffered more than I can even attempt to imagine. While I'm heartbroken that we will not be together again on this life's plane, I'm happy that he is relieved from his pain and suffering. I loved him dearly and the loss is more than painful, but it would be selfish and cruel for me to have wished him one more day. I prayed he would be released from the body that was failing to protect him and from the ugly cells that were reeking havoc upon him.

Now, I pray that he is at peace and that once again he will be in the arms and care of our parents.

To say thank you to all of you who messaged or posted words of support, love, or encouragement would be to fall short. Sometimes, this thread and you were my only escape and were a lifesaver for me. I thank you from my heart and wish you all the best of health, happiness, and peace.

As I've said several times, the only words that matter are the "I love you's." I'm happy to say that those were said a hundred times in the past 24 hours and were the last words I said to my brother. :heart:

Peace and Love to you.

Cancer has taken too much from me. I refuse to give it anything more, including my hatred.

I am so sorry for your loss, Apple! Glad your brother has found a release from all of his pain. I'm glad you got to say all of your "I love you's", because they are indeed the most important words!! My hatred for cancer is still too strong and I so admire your refusal to surrender to that hatred! So in honor of your brother and in respect for you... FIND YOUR CURE!!!!!! :rose:

Apple, I'm sorry that you've lost your brother. If there is comfort in knowing that his pain has ended, then I hope you'll wrap yourself in that comfort and the love of friends who have shared your worries these last several months. You loved as well as one can. Peace.

Peace and Love to you.

Sweet one I m so sorry to hear about your brothers passing.
I m crying reading this, to many this year that passed with that evil Fucking disease.
My heart goes out to you and all of your family, loved ones.
And BIG YESS FOR FYC.
:kiss::kiss::kiss::rose::heart:

A Better Place

He’s in a better place right now
Than he’s ever been before;
in ages.
All pain is gone; he’s now at rest;
Nothing troubles him anymore.

It’s we who feel the burden of
Our sadness and our grief;.
We have to cry, to mourn the loss,
Before we get relief.

YOU know you’ll reconnect with him
At the end of each life’s road;
We’ll see his cherished face again
When we release our earthly load.

Peace and Love to you.

Sweet Apple...please know you have been and continue to be in my prayers. I am praying for you and your family (including any family your brother may have). I love to hear that the last words you spoke to him were "I love you" because in the end love is all that matters...May he rest now and be comforted by the angels and those that have passed before him. Please know my heart breaks for you and I wish you rest and peace in the knowledge that he hurts no more. Lots of Love back at you...

FUCK YOU CANSER, RIGHT UP THE FUCKING NOSE!!!!!

A dear friend of mine lost her first husband to lung CA 7 years ago. She met and married a wonderful new man 4 years ago, and they've been very happy.

Several months ago he was diagnosed with leukemia (AML). He has fought HARD, but he is now losing the battle. She nearly lost him a few weeks ago, but he rallied (despite a significant stoke). She thought she would be able to bring him home and start rehab, but his latest bloodwork shows that he is fading. He is being placed on palliative care, and the oncologist suspects that he will transition to hospice in @3 weeks.

Dammit!!!! She is bearing up, but I just hate the Universe for making her go through this not once, but twice!!!! I hurt so much for her.

FUCK YOU CANCER, RIGHT UP THE FUCKING NOSE!!!!!

. . . .

Dammit!!!! She is bearing up, but I just hate the Universe for making her go through this not once, but twice!!!! I hurt so much for her.

Damn, we are all so fucking sorry!

A dear friend of mine lost her first husband to lung CA 7 years ago. She met and married a wonderful new man 4 years ago, and they've been very happy.

Several months ago he was diagnosed with leukemia (AML). He has fought HARD, but he is now losing the battle. She nearly lost him a few weeks ago, but he rallied (despite a significant stoke). She thought she would be able to bring him home and start rehab, but his latest bloodwork shows that he is fading. He is being placed on palliative care, and the oncologist suspects that he will transition to hospice in @3 weeks.

My own experience tells me that cancer is often far harder on the care-givers than the patient. When I was in treatment two years ago, I had many long conversations with my mother, who was having her second round of treatments for breast cancer at the same time. She saw the same thing, that my siblings and her friends had a harder time accepting her illness than she did, and they seemed less able to deal with the general unfairness of getting cancer. Your friend has been through hell twice, and my heart aches for her. Please try to sneak in an extra hug for her from all of us here.

So sorry for what your friend is going through. There is nothing fair about cancer. I agree with MWY, being a caretaker or a friend of a caretaker is so hard. You have no power to change things for the people we love...and that is so frustrating. I hope your friend finds her path through this incredible pain. She needs friends like you to share your love and sometimes, just be around. :rose:

Just in case there aren't enough of them here: My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early '90s. After treatments, surgery and a lot of support from family, she went into remission without even losing her hair. The cancer hasn't come back, and she will turn 70 on the 24th of this month. Fuck cancer, you lost that battle.

Last edited:
Just in case there aren't enough of them here: My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early '90s. After treatments, surgery and a lot of support from family, she went into remission without even losing her hair. The cancer hasn't hasn't come back, and she will turn 70 on the 24th of this month. Fuck cancer, you lost that battle.

It's great to hear the success stories!!! Glad your mom did so well!!! FUCK YOU CANCER!:)

Much thanks and love cookie. His peace and freedom from pain is the comfort I hold on to daily. :heart:

Apple - dear Apple. I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no words.
I am glad his pain is over.

You are an inspiration as both a sister and a nurse.
bless you.
Know that we hold you in our hearts as you grieve.

~c
cb...Thank you for everything. The sadness at his loss is so great. As I said, I am only comforted by knowing he is freed from his pain and suffering.

Love, Apple

((:)heart:)))
:heart: ((hugs))

I am so sorry for your loss, Apple! Glad your brother has found a release from all of his pain. I'm glad you got to say all of your "I love you's", because they are indeed the most important words!! My hatred for cancer is still too strong and I so admire your refusal to surrender to that hatred! So in honor of your brother and in respect for you... FIND YOUR CURE!!!!!! :rose:

Thanks scot. The "I love you's" mean more than anything. I'm thankful we were able to share so much time and so much love throughout our lives. The special time we spent together during his treatments and our travels gave me a new appreciation for the man he was. He was strong, loving, and unbelievably brave.

Apple, I'm sorry that you've lost your brother. If there is comfort in knowing that his pain has ended, then I hope you'll wrap yourself in that comfort and the love of friends who have shared your worries these last several months. You loved as well as one can. Peace.

Thank you mwy...your words and support have brought me comfort, even when they were for others, I took peace from them. God bless you and be well.

Sweet one I m so sorry to hear about your brothers passing.
I m crying reading this, to many this year that passed with that evil Fucking disease.
My heart goes out to you and all of your family, loved ones.
And BIG YESS FOR FYC.
:kiss:::rose::heart:

A Better Place

He’s in a better place right now
Than he’s ever been before;
in ages.
All pain is gone; he’s now at rest;
Nothing troubles him anymore.

It’s we who feel the burden of
Our sadness and our grief;.
We have to cry, to mourn the loss,
Before we get relief.

YOU know you’ll reconnect with him
At the end of each life’s road;
We’ll see his cherished face again
When we release our earthly load.

emmy...thank you so much. Your words are like a big hug ...and it is needed. My peace comes from his freedom. He suffered in pain up to and including the last minute of his life. I pray he now has peace and comfort in our parents arms.

Until well meet again my brother :heart: ...all my love.

Sweet Apple...please know you have been and continue to be in my prayers. I am praying for you and your family (including any family your brother may have). I love to hear that the last words you spoke to him were "I love you" because in the end love is all that matters...May he rest now and be comforted by the angels and those that have passed before him. Please know my heart breaks for you and I wish you rest and peace in the knowledge that he hurts no more. Lots of Love back at you...

Your thoughts and prayers were felt and appreciated cmslt. He is at rest and free from his earthly pain. I pray for your recovery and your return to the best health possible.

If you need anything, please let me know. Much love sent to you. :heart:

My deepest thanks to everyone for your support and positive thoughts, words, and prayers. My brother's service was this weekend and the church was packed with family and friends. More importantly, it was filled with love. My sweet brother loved and was loved. He was a good man, a great brother and friend, and an even greater father and Pop-pop. He leaves a lot of people with loving and fun memories of his life before cancer. That is how he will be remembered...smiling, having fun, and sharing love. :heart:

Peace and love to all.
Apple

Just in case there aren't enough of them here: My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early '90s. After treatments, surgery and a lot of support from family, she went into remission without even losing her hair. The cancer hasn't hasn't come back, and she will turn 70 on the 24th of this month. Fuck cancer, you lost that battle.

:heart::heart:Never enough of these. Thank you for sharing and for reminding us. :heart:

Another yell at the universe. Monday I learned that my 'initial twin' (another friend from the glass world) had lost her battle. She had been in a coma for a few weeks after bravely submitting to a potentially life-saving surgery with huge risks. Yesterday, I learned that another 'glassy' friend with late-discovered, metastatic breast cancer has chosen hospice.

I thought 2014 sucked. Clearly I was being optimistic. Fuck you cancer!

As 2016 closes and we look to a new year, I wish peace and love for all who post here.

In the dark moments of the past few months, I found the following, which calmed my heart for an instant.

Warren Zevon - Keep me in your heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UotS7F0Orks

Death is nothing at all...

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away
into the next room.

I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way you always used.
Put no difference in your tone,
wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we shared together.
Let my name be ever
the household word it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort,
without a trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant,
It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you for an interval,
somewhere very near, just around a corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)

Peace and Love to you.

Sorry to hear of your loss

As 2016 closes and we look to a new year, I wish peace and love for all who post here.

In the dark moments of the past few months, I found the following, which calmed my heart for an instant.

Warren Zevon - Keep me in your heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UotS7F0Orks

Death is nothing at all...

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away
into the next room.

I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way you always used.
Put no difference in your tone,
wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we shared together.
Let my name be ever
the household word it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort,
without a trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant,
It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you for an interval,
somewhere very near, just around a corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)

This is true. So vey true. :rose:

Back