rape!

xxxpaulzzz

Literotica Guru
a bit controvercial maybe but i have just been reading some non consent stories.

what are readers opinions on whether such stories could increase the possibility of somebody going through with actual rape?

nearly all the stories have the woman enjoying the "rape".

i realise this is not the case in 99.9% of rape cases but is it the same as computer games and violence of whatever kind?

a bit controvercial maybe but i have just been reading some non consent stories.

what are readers opinions on whether such stories could increase the possibility of somebody going through with actual rape?

i realise this is not the case in 99.9% of rape cases but is it the same as computer games and violence of whatever kind?

Are you asking whether reading such stories makes someone more likely to commit rape? Because the way you phrase it, it just makes it sound like the stories' very existence could increase rape rates around the world.

well i would think they would have to be read before making any difference to a persons actions.

so the first line is what i was asking for an opinion.

Not much. Such a person doesn't need the prompting and will go looking for it anyway, seeing it just about anywhere, because the person wants to see the justification for it.

It's not just women who get raped, you know.

The act is enjoyed in the stories you read/videogames you play mostly because that enjoying is a technical requirement of the story content to qualify it for a nonconsent category rather than a rape category. It's pretty much an artificial construct.

When I write nonconsent stories, I try to build in the basic "want"--and therefore unspoken consent for--the act before it's committed.

In reality, the absolute vast majority of us girls wouldn't "enjoy" being raped. However, in my fantasies, I love it! Not that I let on to the rapists. But that's the difference, fantasy vs reality. It's my fantasy, I control what happens to me, and I bloody well enjoy it!

good point. i have heard of men getting raped but .....well i just dont really understand it. i know i will get some flack for that but its my thoughts.

In reality, the absolute vast majority of us girls wouldn't "enjoy" being raped. However, in my fantasies, I love it! Not that I let on to the rapists. But that's the difference, fantasy vs reality. It's my fantasy, I control what happens to me, and I bloody well enjoy it!

yes i would agree. in a relationship of some sort that works fine. you get him to treat you how you want treating.
i just wonder whether too much reading of such stories could blinker a vulnerarable mind?

yes i would agree. in a relationship of some sort that works fine. you get him to treat you how you want treating.
i just wonder whether too much reading of such stories could blinker a vulnerarable mind?

I wonder about that too. I have absolutely no issue with responsible adults enjoying NC fantasies if they're capable of drawing a clear line between fantasy and reality, but some folk are impressionable.

(I'm not advocating banning it, BTW, this is just something that I ponder without having a good idea how to solve it.)

Except for very rarely, literotica prefers that even rape stories include the victim enjoying it, or at least being ambiguous about it.

To answer the OP's question I think it's highly unlikely. Rape is a lot more about power and entitlement than it is about sex. Actual serial rapists seem to choose their victims based more on opportunity and whether they thought they could get away with it than their perceived attractive levels of the woman in question. (I assume the same goes for people that target males but I haven't read as much about them).

I have two consensual non-consent stories out there in the amazonian wilds and the reason I wrote them is because, like a lot of women, I have rape fantasies. And the fantasies are very different than what the real thing is like. I like being overpowered by men I trust. But I have to have a LOT of trust there so it doesn't get creepy.

I have rape fantasies. And the fantasies are very different than what the real thing is like. I like being overpowered by men I trust. But I have to have a LOT of trust there so it doesn't get creepy.

I read an article, a while back, discussing how popular this fantasy is amongst women. Curiosity killed the cat, and this turned into the inspiration for my seldom-read series The Rules of the Game, which explores the idea of a sexually-repressed woman that acts on her fantasies though a role-playing game with her new housemate.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:

http://www.literotica.com/s/the-rules-of-the-game-ch-01

There is no actual correlation between reading the so called rape stories on this site and going out and doing it. This is the same thing with playing violent games, in a young child yes it is possible it influences them to do things in real life that they may not have done anyway. See the problem is, the studies that have done so say there 'may' be a correlation but there was not enough of a study group to figure it out.

In other words, violent people may or may not be violent because of video games. But hell I remember when I was a kid, playing cops and robbers was pretty common. Bunch of little kids running around screaming bang bang I got you, no you didn't. Pretty darn violent game there and yet we don't have people running around shooting people all that often.

The stories are the same thing, if a person has a prediliction to doing that, then they will find enjoyment in the story and probably will go act it out. Not because of the story, but because they wanted to do that. If you pay attention most of the non consent stories on the site she enjoys it, she also gives up all control to the guy. That is the basis of a gals rape fantasy, also what most dominant personalities want out of a lover.

Basically that means read what you want. Doesn't do anything to you that you don't want it to. Hopefully you get off, the whole reason for the stories and the site in the first place. ;)

I wonder about that too. I have absolutely no issue with responsible adults enjoying NC fantasies if they're capable of drawing a clear line between fantasy and reality, but some folk are impressionable.

(I'm not advocating banning it, BTW, this is just something that I ponder without having a good idea how to solve it.)

thank you. was beginning to think that i was the only one that thought it could make a difference to the vulnerable/impressionable.

Except for very rarely, literotica prefers that even rape stories include the victim enjoying it, or at least being ambiguous about it.

how do you know tahts what lit prefers? why would they have that attitude?
should they not treat rape as the violation taht it is?

My goodness. Who would actually read the submissions guidelines posted to the Web site? :D

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=175666

"We generally do not accept submissions of nonconsensual sex in which the "victim" gets absolutely no sort of thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and /or permanently physically harmed/abused."

not sure of the thinking behind that statement. i am sure someone will let me know their opinion on it.

i think i have read one NC story on lit that had the woman still hating the guy and what had taken place. still a bloody good story.

There is no actual correlation between reading the so called rape stories on this site and going out and doing it. This is the same thing with playing violent games, in a young child yes it is possible it influences them to do things in real life that they may not have done anyway. See the problem is, the studies that have done so say there 'may' be a correlation but there was not enough of a study group to figure it out.

In other words, violent people may or may not be violent because of video games. But hell I remember when I was a kid, playing cops and robbers was pretty common. Bunch of little kids running around screaming bang bang I got you, no you didn't. Pretty darn violent game there and yet we don't have people running around shooting people all that often.

The stories are the same thing, if a person has a prediliction to doing that, then they will find enjoyment in the story and probably will go act it out. Not because of the story, but because they wanted to do that. If you pay attention most of the non consent stories on the site she enjoys it, she also gives up all control to the guy. That is the basis of a gals rape fantasy, also what most dominant personalities want out of a lover.

Basically that means read what you want. Doesn't do anything to you that you don't want it to. Hopefully you get off, the whole reason for the stories and the site in the first place. ;)

you say cops and robbers did "you" no harm. but you may be normal! you also say "we don't have people running around shooting people all that often." it's the all that often thats the worrying part. we do have people running around shooting people. i am not saying that this is because they played cops and robbers. we all know that propoganda has an important role in polotics and in times of conflict. this is messing with minds. could reading stories that all have the same outcome do the same?

how do you know tahts what lit prefers? why would they have that attitude?
should they not treat rape as the violation taht it is?

Besides the terms of service, I had to rewrite one of my stories to get it past the lit censors when I had a few less stories to my name. Part of it really depends on how long you've been writing and how many stories you have up. Someone who has 100 posted stories is more likely to have stories just greenlit than someone who is publishing their first story--especially into the NC/R category.

you say cops and robbers did "you" no harm. but you may be normal! you also say "we don't have people running around shooting people all that often." it's the all that often thats the worrying part. we do have people running around shooting people. i am not saying that this is because they played cops and robbers. we all know that propoganda has an important role in polotics and in times of conflict. this is messing with minds. could reading stories that all have the same outcome do the same?

Two things to keep in mind. Normal isn't really much of anything except the middle line between the extremes where most are at.

Second thing is a bigger one, New York City for example, seen as one of the more violent cities of the nation. There are roughly 8,400,000 people living in the city total. Last year they had 1353 shootings and 414 homicides. Think about the numbers there for a second.

This isn't taking into consideration other things, like what the person they shot was doing. If violent TV and video games had a correlation with crime, wouldn't the percentages be higher than what they are in one of the more violent cities?

As I already said, there is no correlation between reading something and doing it. Watching violent TV, playing violent games doesn't make the nation a crime riddled cess pool. The people who say that are the ones who don't like it and want it to go away.

Two things to keep in mind. Normal isn't really much of anything except the middle line between the extremes where most are at.

Second thing is a bigger one, New York City for example, seen as one of the more violent cities of the nation. There are roughly 8,400,000 people living in the city total. Last year they had 1353 shootings and 414 homicides. Think about the numbers there for a second.

This isn't taking into consideration other things, like what the person they shot was doing. If violent TV and video games had a correlation with crime, wouldn't the percentages be higher than what they are in one of the more violent cities?

As I already said, there is no correlation between reading something and doing it. Watching violent TV, playing violent games doesn't make the nation a crime riddled cess pool. The people who say that are the ones who don't like it and want it to go away.

well if everyone was "middle of the road" wouldn't the world be a nice place to live?
wouldn't new york or any other city be happy to lower the violent crime numbers and if this was through preventing mind changing media then so be it.

if, as you say there is no correlation between reading something and doing it why did hitler drop all those propoganda leaflets? there must be some well documented reports on what people read to how they act.

well if everyone was "middle of the road" wouldn't the world be a nice place to live?
wouldn't new york or any other city be happy to lower the violent crime numbers and if this was through preventing mind changing media then so be it.

if, as you say there is no correlation between reading something and doing it why did hitler drop all those propoganda leaflets? there must be some well documented reports on what people read to how they act.

Nope, the only thing that people claim will spur you to act is video games and music. Books don't cause it, movies don't cause it, the news doesn't cause it, but listen to all the blame on violent music and violent videogames.

People twist things for their own excuses--always have and always will.

Nope, the only thing that people claim will spur you to act is video games and music. Books don't cause it, movies don't cause it, the news doesn't cause it, but listen to all the blame on violent music and violent videogames.

People twist things for their own excuses--always have and always will.

excuse me but that is hogwash.

where do you get your facts from? propoganda comes in many forms and was around well before video games. or did the old folk just misplace our ipods and segs maga drives in the 194o's and probably before. propoganda will have been around for centuries before taht some historian will no doubt tell us.

Apparently you've never seen the arguments about violent video games and how they incense politicians. Politicians bitch that there needs to be more restriction of the sale of M-rated games to minors, but a recent report by the government actually shoes the video game industry does a better job of age-restricting than the movie industry does.

Also, when it comes to obscenity (which many people would consider rape stories/movies/games/etc as), the written word is the only material that can never be deemed obscene.

Propoganda posters meant to enrage a group of people is far different than a written story. Propoganda is specifically targeted to get a certain response--whereas I doubt there's many people out there who write rape fantasy stories with the idea of incensing people to go out and rape.

Back