ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celestiale said:

Thank you...I love it, and I'm an anime cel junkie, so it works for me!

id love to collect them, but they are just too expensive most of the time. so i stick with action figures :D

Elbryan said:

id love to collect them, but they are just too expensive most of the time. so i stick with action figures :D

*grins* well actually...that's sort of why I'm back here! I was spending WAY too much time and money on locating and purchasing cels. Lit keeps me away from those cel sites!! I collect action figures too, but not like I used to. I have a lot of old ones boxed up...only Vash, Wolfwood, Laguna, and Asuka are on display these days! :D

hehehe.... those cute little moombas

munba.gif

Celestiale said:
Hey! I've been meaning to ask you...where does your name come from?

well... id love to say its original, but its not. i got it from a series of books written by R.A. Salvatore, one of my current fave authors (the other 2 being robert jordan and terry goodkind). its called the demon cronicles, or something like that (id have to dig the books out of storage to make sure, its been a while since i last read them). the main characters name is elbryan, and i thought it was damn cool. (that and no one else knew what it was, so i wasnt worried about repeats) :D

Elbryan said:

well... id love to say its original, but its not. i got it from a series of books written by R.A. Salvatore, one of my current fave authors (the other 2 being robert jordan and terry goodkind). its called the demon cronicles, or something like that (id have to dig the books out of storage to make sure, its been a while since i last read them). the main characters name is elbryan, and i thought it was damn cool. (that and no one else knew what it was, so i wasnt worried about repeats) :D

R.A. Salvatore, huh...I'll have to check him out! I've heard of him, how many books are in the series?

edited for poor html... again... this is starting to get pathetic

carban.gif

carban2.gif

;)

Celestiale said:

R.A. Salvatore, huh...I'll have to check him out! I've heard of him, how many books are in the series?

three in the original trilogy (which is called the demon wars trilogy, i dug the books out) and then i know he wrote at least one more in that series, but i stopped reading it. (he did something i did not like :( )
but... a better series by salvatore is the books about the dark elf, Drizzit. its actually like 15 books by now (dark elf trilogy, icewind dale trilogy, then about 8 books after that). that is a great series. i put it right up there with the wheel of time books

Re: Re: edited for poor html... again... this is starting to get pathetic

Celestiale said:

ooo ooooo!!! What are those again?? Carbuncles?

yeppers :D

you have great taste in anime ;)

I'm off to bed...back spasming...owie!

I'll see you tomorrow! :)

Celestiale said:
you have great taste in anime ;)

I'm off to bed...back spasming...owie!

I'll see you tomorrow! :)

night!! if you ever need a massage for that back... or for anything else :eek: :eek: you know who to call ;)

Jeez, so much to respond to, so little time...
Let's see...
Just to hit the recent ones, because I already read back through 8 damn pages and I'm not going back through them again just to get the quotes...
R.A. Salvatore rocks, I have everything he's ever written, and he's the third best writer I've ever seen, surpassed only by Terry Goodkind (2nd) and Robert Jordan (1st).

As for Firesprite...
Try this, it's called the Playa, and I've found that it plays nearly all forms of divx files. (And a few others, too.) I've only run across 3 files ever that it couldn't handle, and the Windows Media Player was able to handle them, so between the two you should be set.
Playa

Blaze

damn.... i'll go the lazy route and judst not read them... thats like.... at least 10 pages.

Tell me about it.
Seems like every time I turn around, they post madly.
Figures.
On the plus side, I just finished watching the new Spider-Man movie on DVD.
It's pretty good, though I was disappointed that he didn't hook up with Mary-Jane at the end of the movie.
Dumbass.

Blaze

oKies can someone tell me, what version of Kazaa I should download?

*sigh*

I don't think Duran Duran is ever gonna put their stuff out on DVD. Also there are two groups that I discovered on Napster that I can't seem to find thier CDs anywhere.

:( :( :(

edit: I am getting tired of seeing prices for CDs go ... up, up, up. At work every month.

Last edited:
lol yeah? i haven't seen the movie yet.... hmm.... thgats kind of crappy, who does he go for?

Blaze ~
where did you see the DVD? I know its not coming out til later in the year for sale.

Arc da Rat said:
oKies can someone tell me, what version of Kazaa I should download?

*sigh*

I don't think Duran Duran is ever gonna put their stuff out on DVD. Also there are two groups that I discovered on Napster that I can't seem to find thier CDs anywhere.

:( :( :(

edit: I am getting tired of seeing prices for CDs go ... up, up, up. At work every month.

I use version 1.7.2, its pretty good, though in all fairness my version isn't exactly normal, since I've modified the hell out of it the get rid of all the little annoyances like pop-ups, supernoding, spyware, etc.

Blaze

Khadgar said:
lol yeah? i haven't seen the movie yet.... hmm.... thgats kind of crappy, who does he go for?

Nobody. He loves her, but refuses to get close.
Near the end, the Green Goblin figures out who he is, figures out that he loves her, and uses her as bait to trap Spiderman. Peter refuses to ever allow those he loves to be hurt because of him again, so he apparently decides not to allow anyone to get close to him. That's my take on it, anyway.

Blaze

Arc da Rat said:
Blaze ~
where did you see the DVD? I know its not coming out til later in the year for sale.

I burned it to DVD.
I have a... friend, lets call him... who owns a tripod mounted camera, special lenses, etc. I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the setup.
Anyway, I've been known to periodically engage his services to obtain copies of movies from theatres before they come out anywhere else.
He's really quite good, aside from a slight degree of loss of contrast in the image, its a perfect copy. Best I've evern seen from a bootleg, though it helps that I filtered it to clear it up quite a bit.
(I need to redo it, though, I watched it and noticed that I forgot to shut down MSN, and I had pop-ups appear 6 times throughout the movie. Somewhat disconcerting, to say the least.)

Blaze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back