Whispering Eye Tavern

Joe had listened with interest to the interchange with Marty, and had an internal smile. Thinking it was being made clear who was in charge.

He took an application, and filled it out, giving it to Hannah, then, almost as an afterthought said "boss, by the way, have you though of using social media to advertise that we are open under new management, say what is available, and build some hype up? I can help with that if you like?"

Joe then left to walk back to his car, and settle down for another uncomfortable nights sleep.
 
far too spoiled?

"Far too spoiled? And you don't think a night manager is needed? Fine your the boss! Your lookin' at 18 to 20 hour days then.

If your planning on a breakfast you need to be in at 5am. At least 2 hours prep and night receipts and all your paper work.

Then open at 7 till 10, You will want to greet every one coming in.

Then 10 to 11 to set up for lunch.

Lunch menu till 1pm, meet and greet.

that gives you 3 hours to get the music set up for the shows at night.

The early birders start to come in around 4pm to 5, meet and greet

Then 6-9 for dinner. You will need a new set of clothes for the night crowd. You will open the shows, they start at 10 to 1 am! Then say good night to every one.

Like I said your the boss!

Then again you can cut some of your schedule down. Not have breakfast cuts revenue stream 10-15 %.

Forget lunch cut 15-18 %

or open just at night no early birders 5-8% loss

Just some random thoughts. So at best you loss 30% of your revenue at worst 40% or more. But hey your the boss....I'm just the bar tender. oh by the way loss 1-3% at the bar in the mornings that includes soda. No lunch -3 drink specials 15-18% drop. Early birders- big drinkers bar loss-20-28%.
 
Last edited:
Sasha come down after a few minutes, forgetting about getting any rest and then heard that man again. She blinked, surprised he was still talking like he was but didn't say a word about it sitting down at the bar, wondering what she was going to do, because frankly she was bored at the moment but actually glad it was so peaceful, not worrying about where she was going to sleep, not having to wonder where she would get money, but still she was a little bored.
 
Joe couldn't settle, too much going through his mind, so he got out of the car, and went back to the bar. As he went in he saw Sasha sitting on her own by the bar. He went up and introduced himself. They smiled at each other, and recognized kindred spirits.
Joe started asking her about where she came from, and how come she was here, then told her about his travels to see America, and get some idea about what he wanted to do. He moved closer to her, so their legs were touching, and noticed that she didn't pull back, then his hand brushed hers on the bar.
 
Back
Top