The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unusual. Normally the lowest it gets around here is the low '40's though clear back in about the mid-80's Long Beach did get a light dusting of snow. However, it didn't snow at the airport so it was never officially recorded. I only know it happened because I drove by it on the way home from work!

He probably doesn't realize you can surf in the morning, drive a hundred miles, and be 6000' up in the mountains and snow ski in the afternoon.

Hey! Get out of the wall there! *Yanks out Tx*

Thanks. I wasn't supposed to be there but Molly jumped in at the last second and knocked me into it.

Don't ya just hate it when she gets sick while getting some. :eek:

:D

It's on the side for you, mate.
My colour printer's on the blink - again

I have a printer here at work that I may chunk in the reserve pit before it's all over with. On printing one page, it yells about a paper jam when there isn't one and on the next page it won't load the paper. :rolleyes:

My printer and I have regular arguments about how I want it to print and ink levels.

Ahh, two weeks of tennis ahead. I'm not going to get much done at all....

Windows 8 is on the fritz again and I'm resorting to my laptop until it's fixed. I think it must be about time to get a copy of 7 and install it. Stupid program=stupid company.

Windows 8 is on the fritz again and I'm resorting to my laptop until it's fixed. I think it must be about time to get a copy of 7 and install it. Stupid program=stupid company.

I've heard of several folk who feel the same way.
Several have gone back to XP!

I use Windows 7 and won't go to 8 until all the bugs and bullshit have been fixed.

7 is one giant step up from Vista (Me2) but don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix 8. 8 is Microshafts way of getting into the Apps market but they even changed the software to write for 8, so if you want your own Apps it'll cost you around 600 dollars more for the new compatible software.

More greed from Windblows

7 is one giant step up from Vista (Me2) but don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix 8. 8 is Microshafts way of getting into the Apps market but they even changed the software to write for 8, so if you want your own Apps it'll cost you around 600 dollars more for the new compatible software.

More greed from Windblows

They have this delusion that all the pad-addicted babies will want touch screen desktops, as well. Fat chance! Possibly when desktops become table tops it could happen but sitting in a chair with your finger stuck out whisking a screen back and forth has got to be uncomfortable and it makes you look like an idiot. That's on top of the demonstrable fact that MS can only produce one good product out of two. XP was great, Vista was a disaster. Seven is supposed to be really good, Eight is the new Vista. Wait until they get the bugs out? LOL! They'll keep telling everyone it's the Great New Thing until they give up and admit, just like they did with Vista, that their product is a turd and Nine should be a decent program. All this is assuming that Google doesn't get their OS up and running better and include 'Office' in it somewhere. If that happens, Microsoft is toast.

They have this delusion that all the pad-addicted babies will want touch screen desktops, as well. Fat chance! Possibly when desktops become table tops it could happen but sitting in a chair with your finger stuck out whisking a screen back and forth has got to be uncomfortable and it makes you look like an idiot. That's on top of the demonstrable fact that MS can only produce one good product out of two. XP was great, Vista was a disaster. Seven is supposed to be really good, Eight is the new Vista. Wait until they get the bugs out? LOL! They'll keep telling everyone it's the Great New Thing until they give up and admit, just like they did with Vista, that their product is a turd and Nine should be a decent program. All this is assuming that Google doesn't get their OS up and running better and include 'Office' in it somewhere. If that happens, Microsoft is toast.

They already have their own version of office based on open office.

Win8 is a bug infested PITA. I was invited to be a Beta Tester for 8 and wisely didn't accept. Win7 had problems in the beginning, but now it runs smoothly and I have it loaded on all my newer 'puters.

My favorite Geek said there was a possibility that it actually was a hard drive problem. If so that will be good news. 1. It's HP's problem, not mine, and I'll get a new drive out of the deal. 2. I'll insist on having Win 7 installed on it instead of 8 and be done with this crappy madness. Got my claws crossed. . .

My favorite Geek said there was a possibility that it actually was a hard drive problem. If so that will be good news. 1. It's HP's problem, not mine, and I'll get a new drive out of the deal. 2. I'll insist on having Win 7 installed on it instead of 8 and be done with this crappy madness. Got my claws crossed. . .

And if they don't?
Claws OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back