Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks like a go.

WindSpd19_newjersey.png
windbarb_define.png

WaveHeight9_newjersey.png

Last edited:
Son-in-law and grandchildren are moving to a new house tomorrow.

It is a temporary fix for six months or longer but the grandchildren (5.5 years and 22 months) are going to love it. It is set in the grounds of a disused conference centre and they will have acres of space to play in. Both grandchildren will have their own bedrooms and there is a spare room for visiting grandparents.

They found one conker (horse chestnut) tree today when they visited it to see the house for the first time. They spent twenty minutes collecting conkers underneath that tree. I didn't tell them that they will have about 50 conker trees to choose from. ;)

Last edited:
I feel like I am closer now to getting a girlfriend than I have been in years (decades?), but it is still so far out of my grasp, and I can't seem to reach my goal...

I thought I'd escaped the awkward 50SOG conversation scourge, but no, today my mother mentioned that she and all her friends are reading the damn thing.

Given my mother's startling lack of recognition of boundaries when it comes to questions, I'm not looking forward to her upcoming visit. :eek:

Last edited:
My best friend gave me 50SOG and the sequels. This was the conversation:

"Here, read these, they're awful."
"So why am I reading them?"
"Because I'm hoping you'll go into rabid screaming bitch mode and write something better."

I'm 1500 words farther into Impossible Gifts, just submitted two Celeb cat pieces, rewrote and submitted Smile for publishing, rewrote and started compiling AMR and DID for publishing, and finished American Baby.

Rabid Bitch Mode- activated.

"Because I'm hoping you'll go into rabid screaming bitch mode and write something better."

I'm 1500 words farther into Impossible Gifts, just submitted two Celeb cat pieces, rewrote and submitted Smile for publishing, rewrote and started compiling AMR and DID for publishing, and finished American Baby.

Awesome!

I'm trying to write some things, but I am making a lot of mistakes that I don't remember making with earlier stories (but I don't read my old stories so I probably did make these mistakes and forgot ;) ).

Today was the best night in a long time. Love friends. :cattail:
Sounds like my Saturday night. Wine and giggles with three of the best friends ever.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was boring up until I got home and there was Mac&Cheese and cake.
Happy belated birthday!

I thought I'd escaped the awkward 50SOG conversation scourge, but no, today my mother mentioned that she and all her friends are reading the damn thing.

Given my mother's startling lack of recognition of boundaries when it comes to questions, I'm not looking forward to her upcoming visit. :eek:
One of the aforementioned besties sent me all three books in .pdf format, so I've read them. Ugh. I then came across one of the best/worst comments on the books yesterday in an op/ed piece.

"In fact, if I were a member of the Christian right, sitting on my front porch decrying the decadent morals of American working women, what would be most alarming to me about the 50SoG phenomenon, what gives it its true edge of desperation and end-of-the-world ambience, is that millions of otherwise intelligent women are willing to tolerate prose on this level. If you are willing to slog through sentences like, 'In spite of my poignant sadness, I 'augh,' or 'My world is crumbling around me into a sterile pile of ashes, all my hopes and dreams cruelly dashed,' you must really, really want to get to the submissive sex scene."

Complicated move finally completed.

Son-in-law and grandchildren are now in new temporary home. Eldest daughter (not married to son-in-law who is separated from number two daughter) has successfully terminated the lease on the house she was sub-letting to son-in-law and she/they/we are pleased to be out of it.

The house has multiple problems: electrical faults; plumbing and sewage defects; sagging walls; windows and doors that don't fit and let draughts and rain in; central heating boiler that the fitter can't make work correctly...

The house has been sold twice since my eldest daughter moved in. There were several failed sales because the buyers' surveyors advised against the purchase.

But now eldest daughter doesn't have a permanent home. She is living with friends in London and will look for somewhere closer to London next year.

Son-in-law has to sort out divorce and find somewhere more permanent within the next six months to a year when the 'new' house will be demolished for a major redevelopment (or not - last week the planning application was comprehensively trashed by City Hall :rolleyes:).

I can sit down and rest my aching muscles...

motivation comes from the strangest places?

One of the aforementioned besties sent me all three books in .pdf format, so I've read them. Ugh. I then came across one of the best/worst comments on the books yesterday in an op/ed piece.

"In fact, if I were a member of the Christian right, sitting on my front porch decrying the decadent morals of American working women, what would be most alarming to me about the 50SoG phenomenon, what gives it its true edge of desperation and end-of-the-world ambience, is that millions of otherwise intelligent women are willing to tolerate prose on this level. If you are willing to slog through sentences like, 'In spite of my poignant sadness, I 'augh,' or 'My world is crumbling around me into a sterile pile of ashes, all my hopes and dreams cruelly dashed,' you must really, really want to get to the submissive sex scene."

lol to that. I downloaded the sample to my kindle, and couldn't get through it.

I think the best piece of writing I've seen about 50 SOG so far is here.

If I loose connection in a minute it's probably because Samsung Update
is running in the background. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back