Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarojaede said:
ouch...okay that makes my ankle hurt just from reading that.

i do hope you put ice on it and elevated it.

:(

[hugs EJ gingerly avoiding being anywhere near said ankle]

i'll keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.
thanks SJ. i appreciate the hug... sadly, if you're avoiding my ankle you're also avoiding the tip of another part that would enjoy a hug. ;)

i did some ice at first to arrest the swelling but am all about heat now. that's the only thing that keeps the pain tolerable. :) it'll be ok though. a sprain isn't anything to get too bent out of shape over.

EJFan said:
twisted my ankle playing tennis today. it hurts like a bitch and i'm not looking forward to what the morning holds for me after it's been immobile for 6 hours or so. :(

:kiss: For your speedy recovery.

Is this considered a handicap in tennis? I might be able to beat you now!!! ;)

Scalywag said:
EJ, you said you hurt it playing tennis. what happened?
nothing special... just turned it when running. one o' those freakish things. made me feel like a real athlete though. lol.

EJFan said:
actually... was kind of hoping you'd do this anyway. ;)

I thought you were competative too... Two competative people, one with a sprained ankle... Hmmmm, you wouldn't just be letting me win, would you?

:)

EJFan said:
thanks SJ. i appreciate the hug... sadly, if you're avoiding my ankle you're also avoiding the tip of another part that would enjoy a hug. ;)

i did some ice at first to arrest the swelling but am all about heat now. that's the only thing that keeps the pain tolerable. :) it'll be ok though. a sprain isn't anything to get too bent out of shape over.

LOL. EJ!

While heat may be the only thing that makes the pain tolerable, it's actually best to avoid heat for the first 24 hours--my sister-in-law is an athletic trainer for a university out west.

R.I.C.E

Rest

Ice for the first 24 hours

Compression after the first 24 hours--earlier if you must move about

Elevation.

Sarojaede said:
LOL. EJ!

While heat may be the only thing that makes the pain tolerable, it's actually best to avoid heat for the first 24 hours--my sister-in-law is an athletic trainer for a university out west.

R.I.C.E

Rest

Ice for the first 24 hours

Compression after the first 24 hours--earlier if you must move about

Elevation.
thanks SJ. this is one of those things that we know to be true but is hard to follow. :D that ice just makes everything stiff and painful. :(

should i wrap it while i'm sleeping tonight ya think?

EJFan said:
yay erika! more importantly, all 5000 of those posts counted. not a wasted word from you in my memory. :)

injecting my blurt here:
twisted my ankle playing tennis today. it hurts like a bitch and i'm not looking forward to what the morning holds for me after it's been immobile for 6 hours or so. :(

*contemplates doing an impression of carey elwes' character in "saw"*

:kiss: :kiss: for the owie.

This is where those bags of frozen vegetables come in handy.

EJFan said:
thanks SJ. this is one of those things that we know to be true but is hard to follow. :D that ice just makes everything stiff and painful. :(

should i wrap it while i'm sleeping tonight ya think?

i know how hard it is to follow; i have sprained my ankle far too many times. but trust me when i tell you my sister-in-law yells at me...not unkindly, mind you...when i don't follow the RICE thing.

no, do not wrap it while you are sleeping because it can swell while you are sleeping thus cutting off circulation. and that's a bad thing.

yeah, i know, the ice makes it siff and painful. :( the only thing you can do for that is some ibuprofen.

the heat, btw, can actually cause it to swell more. ice reduces the swelling, as does the elevation. so, prop it up on a couple of pillows tonight while you sleep.

Eilan said:
They're not just for vasectomies anymore.

Yes, one of my fondest memories is how cute MrB looked holding a bag of mixed vegetables on his poor swollen little guys. :heart: He was NOT a happy camper.

Sarojaede said:
the heat, btw, can actually cause it to swell more. ice reduces the swelling, as does the elevation. so, prop it up on a couple of pillows tonight while you sleep.
yeah... this is one of those things that just sucks... now where's my hacksaw again?

Wow ice makes it stiff, heat increases the swelling, either you changed your av to early or IKWIBSTMTAL. :D

Last edited:
SweetErika said:
And this makes 5,000. In a little over two years. I just might be addicted, after all. :eek:
:rose: Congrats Erika, you could always come over to the dark side and post more fluff. :D

i hate being awoken my my drunk, booze-induced coma by my otherwise perfectly charming wife snoring. and having stolen the covers.

[sigh]

ed

the scrape of a goatee on skin first thing very early in the morning is delicious. :D

uh huh...you did something in the span of those three hours, didn't you. i just know it.

o, good: now i'm getting the error msg that means the server's rebooting!

:>

SJ: ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies... :>

ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back