Flea Infestations >.<

Just an update.

Switching the treatment worked. That and I did one major cleaning yesterday that seems to have had a big impact. I'll keep going over the floors now, but I think the war is coming to an end.

Thanks for all the help. ^_^
 
This is the worst trouble I've ever had with fleas, EVER.

We discovered our cats were starting to itch and made arrangements to treat them. I purchased Frontline (it worked for us in the past) and we treated them. I cleaned surfaces, vacuumed, changed and washed bedding and rugs. I kept cleaning daily. I purchased a carpet spray and have treated all the carpets, as well.

2 weeks now and the cats are itching more than ever! I've been continuing to clean and vacuum and wash but it's not working. Hot water for washing, salt/baking soda (and then a pesticide spray when that didn't seem to work) for carpets, mopping, wiping everything down with vinegar. I've been cleaning beyond the normal and I'm a little run down from it all.

I've read a few boards that claim Frontline no longer works on fleas. >.< So I guess no matter how much I've been washing and treating, the problem has been getting worse.

I'm going nuts looking for solutions that are inexpensive and safe for humans and animals. Any suggestions?

The cats are also indoors only so they aren't going outside and getting re-infested. Maybe we are? I don't know...

How do you treat a flea problem? @_@

I feel your itch!

Having hell getting rid of fleas on cats and dog.

Same problem as you have.


I see one flea and my head itches for a week! Even if it's on TV!
 
.......

Bombing and foggers aren't a good option. We live in a condo and I'm positive the neighbors would not be happy. I can smell my downstairs neighbors perfume in the bathrooms. :rolleyes:
.......


I'm for the pet rocks too!

Basically, cats are nothing less than the vehicle of choice for the classy flea of the 21st century!


I once rented a house, that had previously been rented by a woman with a couple of cats.
The fleas are that smart, that the eggs (or is it pupae?) can sit dormant in cracks and crevices for a loooong time.
The vibration of someone walking around near them, will make them hatch.
For the first two weeks, I had glasses with soapy water standing here and there. I could feel the little bastards crawling up my legs, caught them and dropped them in the glass.

And yes, anybody who do not believe in evolution, has never tried battling rats, lice and fleas.
 
For strays we have rescued, the vet always gave them Revolution. It's in a little vial thing you snap open and place the around 1/2 teaspoon of liquid on the back of the scruff of their neck. It works from the inside out after being absorbed via their skin. Their skin gives off something around a half hr later that kills all the fleas. Luckly the strays we all rescued were kept in large isolation crates, so the fleas never spread beyond the sheets and towels as their bedding in there which was washed in hot water with bleach. Sounds like you may need an exterminator. Sounds dreadful, sorry!

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Revolution-prod10265.html
 
Last edited:
Back
Top