Molly's New Blog

Fried potatoes for Breakfast ?

A true country breakfast staple. A medium rare steak, two sunny-side eggs, toast from fresh-baked bread, jam made from the latest harvest, and a big ol' helpin' of fried taters. You eat all that and go work it off in the fields. ;)

Oh yeah! Very American. They're especially good with a fried egg on top.

Man, now I want it tomorrow.:mad:

So do I but if I had that I wouldn't be allowed any more carbohydrates for the rest of the day. :(

I understand. I've had entirely too much red meat this week. I bought a 6 lb rump roast. Joey put it on his smoker while we had a marathon canning session last weekend. We had 5 lunches and two suppers on it this week. Tonight was a tasty ragout of smoked beef, taters, carrots and onions served over Parmesan grits. That was the last of it.

We're on fish and greens for the rest of the month. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah! Very American. They're especially good with a fried egg on top.

You want good? How 'bout a mess of crispy hash browns, fried eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, biscuits (or toast) and coffee. Yeah, I know, a heart attack on a plate, but we all have to die of sumpin' and it might as well taste good. I'd hate to kick off with a mouth full of lettuce like a damn rabbit. :D

You want good? How 'bout a mess of crispy hash browns, fried eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, biscuits (or toast) and coffee. Yeah, I know, a heart attack on a plate, but we all have to die of sumpin' and it might as well taste good. I'd hate to kick off with a mouth full of lettuce like a damn rabbit. :D

To each his own. Me for steak and eggs with whole wheat pancakes and plenty of butter. It ain't the fat that I'm worried about, it's the refined carbs. Got to keep the blood sugar down, y'know.

I'd rather die with a mouthful of tree-ripened peach, with the juice dripping from my chin. I love peach season. Yum.

To each his own. Me for steak and eggs with whole wheat pancakes and plenty of butter. It ain't the fat that I'm worried about, it's the refined carbs. Got to keep the blood sugar down, y'know.

My blood sugar is fine. It's all the other blood chemistry that's out of whack.:rolleyes:

There is that. What you like sounds good too. All this talk about food's making me hungry. I think I'll check out that leftover enchilada casserole in the fridge. :D

A "Full English" breakfast (these days) generally features Bacon, Eggs, Sausages, fried bread, mushrooms and tomatoes (and, maybe, beans).
A true cholesterol feast.
Oh, but I wish I could eat it (I'm slowly getting there).

Courage, HP, you'll get there.

I had the traditional English breakfast in Zimbabwe every morning before dawn. Eleven days of it. Fortifying it was, I tell you. Gave me a taste for beans with breakfast I've never gotten over. Mmmm, white cannelini with onions, parsley, bacon under a pair of poached eggs and apple smoked bacon on the side. Yow!

A "Full English" breakfast (these days) generally features Bacon, Eggs, Sausages, fried bread, mushrooms and tomatoes (and, maybe, beans).
A true cholesterol feast.
Oh, but I wish I could eat it (I'm slowly getting there).

Ah, well. You're better off with oatmeal anyway.

Courage, HP, you'll get there.

I had the traditional English breakfast in Zimbabwe every morning before dawn. Eleven days of it. Fortifying it was, I tell you. Gave me a taste for beans with breakfast I've never gotten over. Mmmm, white cannelini with onions, parsley, bacon under a pair of poached eggs and apple smoked bacon on the side. Yow!

Dang. Now I want an English breakfast.

The French may rule the culinary roost at lunch and dinner but no one beats the Brits at breakfast.

I beg to differ. Breakfast on my grandmother's farm was a dream of cured ham steaks, jowl, biscuits and gravy, fresh eggs, fruit right off the trees and briars, country grits and taters. There's nothing better. Griddle cakes were strictly supper, with homemade maple syrup and fresh fruit, with a side of bacon or sausage.

I beg to differ. Breakfast on my grandmother's farm was a dream of cured ham steaks, jowl, biscuits and gravy, fresh eggs, fruit right off the trees and briars, country grits and taters. There's nothing better. Griddle cakes were strictly supper, with homemade maple syrup and fresh fruit, with a side of bacon or sausage.

Damnation! Now I'm hungry again and the casserole's all gone. I think there may be some leftover stir fry or maybe a grilled pork chop or two in the fridge. I think I'll mosey over there and see. :D

Damnation! Now I'm hungry again and the casserole's all gone. I think there may be some leftover stir fry or maybe a grilled pork chop or two in the fridge. I think I'll mosey over there and see. :D

Wow. I just realized I didn't eat today. Oops.

We had a big lunch at P F Chang's and I haven't been hungry this evening but a glass of red wine and this discussion is changing my mind. I wonder what there is I could make into a sandwich. I've got a 1/3 whole wheat baguette calling to me . . .

Hmm, no more sliced ham, the chicken is too old, there isn't any lettuce but maybe some bacon, mayo and sliced tomatoes with some red onion? I'll be back in a bit!

We had a big lunch at P F Chang's and I haven't been hungry this evening but a glass of red wine and this discussion is changing my mind. I wonder what there is I could make into a sandwich. I've got a 1/3 whole wheat baguette calling to me . . .

Hmm, no more sliced ham, the chicken is too old, there isn't any lettuce but maybe some bacon, mayo and sliced tomatoes with some red onion? I'll be back in a bit!

Fix one for me, too, will ya?

250 views! Pretty cool considering it only started on Aug. 8. :D

Now, if people would just leave a few comments...

Back