I have no interest in male authors. Am I alone?

I hear where you're coming from but don't agree. For me a good written story is as if you were being told the story face to face by the author and a male simply wouldn't do it for me. How that makes me homophobic I've no idea.

I don't know as how it makes you homophobic, but, if you follow it to its shaky conclusion in logic, you deny yourself a whole hell of a lot of classic literature, which is written by males. One wonders also why it's so important to you to tell everyone about your quirk--especially to want to reopen a two-month-old thread. Having trouble justifying it to yourself maybe? Just enjoying being shirty and provocative?

Last edited:
I don't know as how it makes you homophobic, but, if you follow it to it's shaky conclusion in logic, you deny yourself a whole hell of a lot of classic literature, which is written by males. One wonders also why it's so important to you to tell everyone about your quirk--especially to want to reopen a two-month-old thread. Having trouble justifying it to yourself maybe? Just enjoying being shirty and provocative?

meh thats a bit harsh IMO,

personally I have a lot of trouble reading female authors, there are some things i will read but in general I just can't really bring myself to enjoy it. So I avoid it.

meh thats a bit harsh IMO,

personally I have a lot of trouble reading female authors, there are some things i will read but in general I just can't really bring myself to enjoy it. So I avoid it.

Have you bothered to read this thread? You saying you have trouble reading female authors on Literotica is really just as idiotic as anyone saying they have trouble reading male authors here. Bet you don't even know the real gender of the author of at least a third of the stories you read here. There's nothing at Literotica forcing authors to reveal their true gender.

Have you bothered to read this thread? You saying you have trouble reading female authors on Literotica is really just as idiotic as anyone saying they have trouble reading male authors here. Bet you don't even know the real gender of the author of at least a third of the stories you read here. There's nothing at Literotica forcing authors to reveal their true gender.

I was speaking authors in general. Published not published, it doesn't matter. I have problems reading female authors, there are without question a few I like and read upon occasion, but they are the exception to the rule.

Then I'm afraid you're the one posting out of context on this thread. (And I'll bet you've read some stuff in the mainstream that wasn't written by the gender you thought it was.) But this has already been discussed to death on this thread. I recommend reading it before reinventing that wheel.

I think what you and the OP are thinking that you're saying is that you don't like writing styles that have been identified as feminine or masculine styles, but that's not the same thing as saying you are avoiding by gender. There are authors who write (or can write) in styles that aren't identified with their true gender. In many categories here, there's no real way of you finding a writing style you don't like without at least starting to read the story--or becoming well versed in the styles specific authors usually write in (although they can fool you by writing something in a style that is atypical for them).

Yep, it was moved to here some time ago, from Story Discussion or some such.

And nothing's done, but when Soulful bard kicked a couple of threads into the GB they were put back immediately :rolleyes:

And nothing's done, but when Soulful bard kicked a couple of threads into the GB they were put back immediately :rolleyes:

The last couple of times, when I've posted a question on what the relocated thread had to do with a posted Literotica story and whether the Mod from Story Discussions had ever read the explanatory blurb on the Story Feedback forum, the threads went away. I have no idea where, but both seemed to be legitimate discussions of storywriting, I thought.

Personally I will read erotica written by males or females, however I admit that reading a "real" account of an encounter by a "female" author packs a lot more of an erotic kick for me. Of course I realize on a conscious level that many of these stories are completely made up and many of the authors are actually male. But I still enjoy them more than other types of stories as a whole.

The only stories that interest me are those penned by females. I have no interest in the thoughts or fantasies of males at all. I wonder if others agree? Or am I being a philistine? Also, is there a way of filtering the search engine so it only finds female authors?

Cheers

Duranman

Sorry, but I have come late to this thread.

I suspect that you imagine:-
[a] the name of the author really indicates their sex in all cases,
the author is not competant to write 'inclusively'.

Sorry, but I have come late to this thread.

I suspect that you imagine:-
[a] the name of the author really indicates their sex in all cases,
the author is not competant to write 'inclusively'.

I imagine this author is not competent to write... Well, "competent".

I imagine this author is not competent to write... Well, "competent".

Well, my spell-check seems to have failed. :eek:

Either that or it's the Old English spelling. . .

PS. I've re-installed the latest English Dictionary

Last edited:
Well, my spell-check seems to have failed. :eek:

Either that or it's the Old English spelling. . .

PS. I've re-installed the latest English Dictionary

Ignore the ripshit, he only trolls the site to make himself feel competent, when he's anything but.

Ignore the ripshit, he only trolls the site to make himself feel competent, when he's anything but.

You... No, you don't think at all, or you'd know the 12-year-old boys you troll the site for are smarter than you.

Oh, & it is the Old English... So old it's long been outdated, retired, & corrected.

Beware of your bias

A number of years ago, right after my divorce, a good friend of mine, a female got me reading again. She got me hooked on historical fiction then sci-fi and fantasy. One author of sci-fi and fantasy she introduced me to was Andre Norton. It was not until years later that I discovered Andre Norton was in fact a female. It seems she started writing sci-fi and fantasy when the only accepted writers for sci-fi and fantasy were men. It was not until after she received several awards for her writing that she came out of the closet.

One famous trashy novelist, Jacqueline Suzanne, wrote a sci-fi/fantasy novel back in the fifties I think. Her publisher told her the book would never do well at that time. It was not until she died, when her publisher was cleaning out her things that he came across the unpublished manuscript, Yargo. I read this book and found it to be quite good.

The lesson here is simple, don't let your bias get in your way. I have read stories on Lit that the authors name did not tell the reader if they were male or female.

I read damned few female writers. Oddly, the 2 or 3 females I like are lesbians, but lesbians aren't, as a rule, good writers. Florence King (lesbian) was marvelous always, Camille Paglia (lesbian) is usually excellent, Patricia Highsmith (lesbian) was occasionally good. Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was genius.

The lesson here is simple, don't let your bias get in your way. I have read stories on Lit that the authors name did not tell the reader if they were male or female.

Name often tells nothing or (in fact) opposite of truth... But person story is written affects ability to read &/or enjoy.

Is no bias to get in way... It's just a fact. (Writers using "I", "they", etc. can be sure to get more readers than gender-obvious pronouns/names.)

Back