Young Justice: Outsiders (OOC)

Interesting. I like the combining idea, its a very original spin on an old trope.

Thanks! I also meant to add that Veronika doesn't remember anything that happens during the combining, save perhaps for some vague images, while Nikoleta says she doesn't remember anything! ;)
 
Once again Gypsy, I find you quite impressive. We'll have to see what Jeff thinks, as it is his thread.

Speaking of Jeff, do you have a list of villains I should choose from? A specific villain I should use? Or do I have free reign to pick any villain I like? I want to do an origin story, start working on getting the voice right for Red Beetle, or the Scarlet Scareb.

I'm liking Scarlet Scareb more and more. People can call him Scar for short and make bad Lion King jokes.
 
I'll chime in for Jeff here. If he cared what villain you use he would have said something by now. Whatever you choose is going to be just fine assuming you don't go just pants on head crazy like Braniac and Darkseid were battling and dropped it crazy. Just have at it. Sorry for the confusion that I caused.

Criss Cross. I like the idea. However due to my age I am contractually obligated to say it'll make you Jump, jump.
 
Sorry, today was my birthday, so we were out and about and my sister and brother-in-law took me to lunch. Then by the time we got home, I had to go to bed pretty quickly because I am working tonight.

Batgirl looks fine, Criss-Cross looks fine (I too remember that band, ha-ha), and Plastique is fine for the Scarlet Scarab's villain. Though I will say, Gypsy, that I usually keep the Kryptonians and other uber-powerful characters toned down considerably -- Superman is waaaay to OP in the comics, lol.
 
There is a mystical connection between the two sisters which manifests itself in many mundane ways. For example, during a particularly heated make out situation, Veronika brought things to a screeching halt, stating that Nikoleta wasn't ready to go that far yet (on a side note, Nikoleta doesn't date). The two young woman share their own twin-like language, which combines English, their native tongue and something else entirely.
For clarification, who was making out with whom?
 
For clarification, who was making out with whom?


Woo! Lesbian sisters! LMAO!

I think she meant Veronika was making out with someone, but Nikoleta was also experiencing it to some degree as a result of their connection, and so Veronika was being considerate of her sister. But maybe you already knew that and just wanted to light our minds on fire with a hint towards lesbian sisters... Or maybe I'm just a perv ;).
 
Woo! Lesbian sisters! LMAO!

I think she meant Veronika was making out with someone, but Nikoleta was also experiencing it to some degree as a result of their connection, and so Veronika was being considerate of her sister. But maybe you already knew that and just wanted to light our minds on fire with a hint towards lesbian sisters... Or maybe I'm just a perv ;).

Happy belated birthday

No comment on the perv speculation!

But yeah, sorry guys, it was meant to convey that Veronika was making out with a third party, and that Nikoleta was experiencing it too. I even have in mind a little side story where Nikoleta creates an artifact that, if Veronika carried it, would suppress (but not eliminate) the level of emotions going through their "link," so that Veronika could "continue on" without worrying about the effect her activities were having on her sister. Veronikia would balk, though, as she would consider this suppression unnatural, and would instead continue to curtail her activities.

It's not a telepathic/empathetic link, per se, but more of a left hand/right hand relationship. Veronika doesn't understand it, but just lives it, like the proverbial fish in water. Nikoleta would tell you that if you didn't have the appropriate arcane knowledge, she couldn't explain it to you in normal language, and if you did have the appropriate arcane knowledge, she wouldn't have to explain it to you. I suspect if the denizens of the fourth planet were to scan either of the young ladies, they would find a pair of alpha waves constantly interchanging and interspersing with each other.

As to Intransigent, oh sure, tone her down. I just wanted somebody incredibly tough and incredibly strong...who just sat there. She could follow a simple order, complete it...and then just sit there. If the team got attacked, and if nobody shouted out, "Hey, attack that guy in red and yellow," as long as nobody took a swing at her, she'd just..sit there.
 
Happy belated birthday.

Thanks! :)

And I only mentioned Kryptonians being less powerful because, in the comics, Superman can travel at least eight times the speed of light, muster enough strength to move entire planets, and even survive an explosion several times greater than a supernova. Essentially, Superman is God, haha. I like to keep him a bit closer to reality in my RPs -- still incredibly strong and fast, but he cannot break the lightspeed barrier, and he cannot lift up a continent, lol. I'd say he'd probably meet his limit strength-wise if he tried to bench-press a skyscraper. He can run or fly fast enough to appear as a streak or a blur, but he will never get anywhere near the speed of light.

I am going to try and post the new character/plot-specific OOC tomorrow night and also get started on the IC. I am off the next two nights, but tonight I am going to spend the night at my friends house and game it up. I'll be back home Monday at some time, and so later that night I'll get the work on the threads. To prevent people coming back to pages of content after a single day away from the RP, we will use a posting order to make it easier for everyone. If two characters want to have a personal or romantic back and forth that does not involve the rest of the team, I would suggest doing that via PM, and then posting the entire scene as one post in the RP. That way if one player can't post for two days, they don't come back to five pages of story that don't even affect their character. We can have breaks inbetween missions to focus on the characters' personal lives or something like that.
 
Oh, and I read your SRP Profile, Gypsy -- I love The Dresden Files :). I haven't seen the show and have only read two of the books -- Proven Guilty and White Night. I love Harry Dresden's personality, though, and I thought Lash was awesome. Now I want a denarian coin too, haha.
 
Not to worry, Intransigent doesn't run. She plods. And she understands English perfectly, but only responds in grunted Russian. And since this is a covert operation, I suppose the young ladies need covert titles. Veronika's is Desnitsa, Nikoleta's is Sleva (Right and Left). The two are from a Russian enclave in one of the satellite countries that broke off after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. But not Kazakhstan. And they don't know Borat.
 
Not that it matters but I think we're a lot less covert than Young Justice was presented as being. And lets face it, they weren't really covert worth a damn. They were fairly public. They were just the B team while the A team did all the PR work. I always kinda laughed. Did Batman really think someone as smart as Amanda Waller was really going to buy it if YJ did something big and destructive and Batman responded. "Sorry. They aren't with us. That's correct, Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad, Superboy and KidBat. . .I mean Robin totally went rogue. Can't be held responsible for their actions. I don't even have a number to reach them? Oh and that green shapeshifting telepath is of no relation to Martian Manhunter." (That being true technically is entirely beside the point.)

Not that it has anything to do with code names. Mine don't have them because it never occured to Micheal "Star" Lee that he needed one. I was actually thinking that should be amongst the first conversations that Nightwing has with him is explaining that the mask isn't about protecting you it's about protecting your family. Depending on what if any prior meetings between him and Ben are agreed on he probably tried that talk with Ben but Ben's both a glory hound and if we have Vilgax active a bit before the Reach invasion and partially through it Ben may very well have been too far gone to bother. I mean hell by the third series he's a fairly high profile celeb complete with his own J. Jonah Jameson expy.
 
I love The Dresden Files :). I haven't seen the show and have only read two of the books -- Proven Guilty and White Night. I love Harry Dresden's personality, though, and I thought Lash was awesome. Now I want a denarian coin too, haha.

The truly bad thing about the show is that once you find out how good it is after watching a couple of episodes, you're depressed because you know it's going to be cancelled! :(:(:(

You really need to start with Storm Front then. And the cool thing about the show is that you see where they've had to adapt for the medium, but kept things the same, in the spirit if not the letter.

Also, sometimes Intransigent trots. Possibly even a gait. But nothing that fast.

And lastly, since I've roughed out (but never roughed up) Veronika and Nikoleta, should I post their profiles here, or wait until you get the Character Profile OOC thread up and running?
 
The truly bad thing about the show is that once you find out how good it is after watching a couple of episodes, you're depressed because you know it's going to be cancelled!*

I thought you meant Young Justice :cool:

I'd like to read it now, I say post it here. You can always delete a post or just recopy it.
 
Well, Amanda Waller was just a prison warden in YJ. And the JL operates by means of a UN charter, meaning they have no legal rights in countries that have not signed the charter, such as Bialya. That's why the YJ team were sent there in the show -- they can say they are acting on their own and they are not members of the JL.

Yeah Gypsy, it was the same with Firefly and Freaks & Geeks. As for your character profiles, post them here now if you want, but we will all need to repost them in the new thread so that all the characters are on the first page.
 
First Amanda Waller was just the first name that came to mind. I can't see anybody actually buying that story. It doesn't even have plausible deniability. "Yes Mr.PResident all our sidekicks are teamed up and in no way under our control!"

Second, I suspect that the Warden of Belle Reve has a bit more clout than you're giving credit for here. I mean in the DC Universe (especially the YJ variant) Belle Reve seems to be the highest prison before you get sent to the Phantom Zone. With the debatable exception of Arkham but it's flat out stated that the writers of YJ knew that Arkham is an insane asylum not a prison. Which I know duh! But if you read enough comics and watch enough cartoons it's clear that the writers often times forget that Black Gate exists and just throw everybody into Arkham.
 
I think it's less about plausible deniability than legal technicalities. The UN had no authority in these countries, but if the kids got caught it gave the Justice League reason to intervene, like Bane said on Santa Prisca. If you don't want the League to intervene you have to let the kids go. It's a catch 22.

I've got the Scarlet Scarab's origin story done. You guys want to read it?
 
In most cases, the only ones who witness the kids are the villains, who don't want media attention on their doings, and so there is no media attention on the kids. In order for the kids to be held accountable, the villains must basically file a complaint with the UN Security Council. But since the kids claim no connection to the JL, this would be pointless for the villains.

And yeah, Guy, go ahead and post your stuff :).
 
Ii wrote this up to get a feel for Rick's character. I may write another one because I don't think I have it yet, plus he's had yhe scarab about a year by the time of the party, things will be different by then.

---------

Looking up from his computer screen Rick rubbed his eyes. He looked down at his notebook, trying to bring his scribbling back into focus. He was trying to decipher various alien languages. The remains from the Reach's attempted invasion of earth had left STAR labs with an overabundance of information on hundreds of alien species. Rick's job was to catalogue the unknown technology. As an after hours, off book project he was trying to translate the various alien languages.

Rick glanced at his watch. Shit, it was a quarter to midnight. He had a meeting at seven o'clock. RIck took a deep breath and let it out slow. Time to call it quits for the night. He saved his work, started the shutdown process on his computer and gathered up his notes. He turned off the lights and started walking across the building toward the elevators to head up to ground level.

Rick worked alot of night hours. While he loved his work and was constantly challenged by understanding alien technology, the truth was he wasn't prepared for this job. It wasn't the work itself, rather it was what everyone called office politics. The maneuvering for promotion, the backstabbing and the social climbing were outside Rick's experience.

It was during middle school placement that his genius came out. He destroyed his placement exam after placement exam until they gave him an IQ test. After that his life was a blur, pulled from his home on Lake Michigan in the Upper Penninsula and sent to a series of schools between Boston and New York. Eventually, at 17, he had a couple doctorates in xenotechnology and STAR labs hired him for a considerable salary. In school he was always the youngest person in the room and the smartest person in the room. Everyone was always polite to him, and a little condescending, but he never worried about maneuvering or bucking for promotions.

Rick actually offended someone by helping them with their project. Rick had a strong general knowledge of xenotechnology while most of the other scientists in his department specialized in one or two things. An expert on the superluminal drive used by the Reach may not know anything about the superluminal drive used by Thanagarians, which is a completely different design, or Raanian zeta beams. Rick's job let him study a little bit about all of these things. So the first time he gets asked to consult on a project within the department he had embarrassed the lead scientist. Their team had been stuck on a problem for months, Rick offered a suggestion from a different alien technology and solved their problem after considering it for less than a minute. Rick had systematically earned the antipathy of most of his department by just being good at his job.

It didn't help that the Justice League kept asking him to consult. It started with the head of his department bringing Rick with her when the Justice League had asked for a consultation. Rick had helped significantly. Being the junior man in the department he didn't have major projects yet, so he was available to send. And now the Justice League asked for him by name. Usually no one in the department wanted to do most consults, but this was the Justice League! Who didn't want to meet Superman or Wonder Woman?

Rick found himself simultaneously very happy with his work, but also quite lonely and unwelcomed by his coworkers. It was not pleasant. Sure, Batman knew his by name, but Batman wasn't someone he would consider a friend. He knew he should take up a hobby or do some volunteer work so he could meet new people, but it was during his off hours that he got to work on projects that really interested him and made him feel fulfilled, like the translating work he had been doing that night.

"Dr. Romanov?"

Rick snapped out of his introspection when someone called his name. He turned to find Dr. Eastman pushing a cart with a sheet over it toward the elevators. That struck him as odd. Dr. Eastman was project lead in the weapons labs on the twentieth floor, trying to reverse engineer Reach energy cannons. He wasn't a junior scientist stuck with an office in the basement vaults like Rick. Why was he down here? Especially after hours? All the vaults were closed outside of business hours. Hell, most of them were closed during business hours unless you had special permission, usually from a government agency.

"What are you doing here?" Dr. Eastman demanded.

"I usually work this late," Rick answered truthfully. "And my office is on this floor. What are you doing here?"

Dr. Eastman nodded knowingly. "I understand, trying to get ahead already?" He smiled at Rick. "Planning on running this department before you turn 25?" There was humor in his voice, but Rick could tell he was nervous too.

Rick shook his head. "No Dr. Eastman, I'm trying to translate Kryptonian from the Reach archives. And you avoided my question. What's under that sheet?"

"Kryptonian? I didn't think there was enough of the language extant to work with." Dr. Eastman hedged, sweat obvious on his brow.

"That's why I'm using the Reach archives, I found a large archive of transcripts last week." Rick forced a smile and closed the distance between them. "It's all in my daily logs, which you have read only access to, and I've submitted the find to the department head."

Without warning Rick grabbed the sheet and ripped it off the cart. Underneath lay a red Read scarab, the only fully intact scarab left from the Reach War. Rick stared at it for a moment.

"Dr. Eastman! You're not allowed to take this out of the restricted vaults! Why would you do this?"

Dr. Eastman was sweating profusely. "Um, well Dr. Romanov, for money. Half a billion dollars. And if you stay quiet, I'll give you 50 million."

Rick blinked. Was he being offered a bribe? "Are you offering me a bribe? No, this could give someone enough power to challenge Superman, or a Green Lantern! We can't let it fall into the wrong hands! Imagine what they could do with that kind of power!"

"Imagine what you could do with 50 million dollars!" Dr. Eastman countered. "You could quit this horrible place and spend your life on the beach chasing bikinis and margaritas!"

Rick drew himself up, puffing out his chest. "I can't let you do this."

After a pause, Dr. Eastman nodded. "No, your right." He moved over to Rick and offered his hand. "I'm sorry, you're right, of course."

Rick grinned. That had been a lot easier than he expected. He shook Dr. Eastman's hand.

Dr. Eastman punched Rick in the throat. Rick fell to the ground, gasping for breath. Rick couldn't move, he could barely breath.

"Idiot," Eastman spat out. He hit the button for the elevator, then put the sheet back on the cart and picked Rick up in a fireman's carry. Rick was athletically built, like a runner or a swimmer, slender. Dr. Eastman was fat, but sturdy. He carried Rick with no problem, gasping and all.

They traveled out to the loading docks where Dr. Eastman dropped Rick to the ground and leaned himself against a wall, waiting. They didn't have to wait long.

The lady who approached was wearing an overcoat that did a horrible job concealing the exaggerated curves of her figure. She wore a hat with a large brim and in the darkness of the night she reminded Rick of Carmen Sandiego.

"Eastman?" she asked.

He nodded. "Plastique?"

She nodded. "Why are we meeting out in the open, I can see the security cameras."

"They're on a loop," Dr. Eastman said casually. "I have what I promised, do you have my payment?"

The lady held up a thumb drive. "I've shown you mine, now you show me yours."

With a flourish Dr. Eastman removed the sheet. "One Reach scarab, red, just like we agreed." He held out his hand for the thumb drive.

Plastique shook her head. "It is my understanding I can't touch that thing with my hands. Please tell me you brought something for me to carry it with. Preferably a briefcase so as to not arouse suspicion."

Dr. Eastman stared blankly at her. "No one told me I needed to do that."

Plastique sighed. "Amateurs. If I told you to put on your shoes would I need to tell you to lace them too?"

"Well no, but I..." Dr. Eastman stammered.

"And what about this wheezing mert?" Plastique demanded. "He's kind of cute, but why is he here?"

"He caught me. I stopped him but I thought maybe you could, you know..." Dr. Eastman drew his thumb across his throat indicating he wanted Rick dead.

"I'm not a murderer," Plastique said, "If you want him dead, kill him yourself."

At that comment Rick kicked out his leg, catching Dr. Eastman in the knee. He'd been recovering for a bit now, and while he wasn't ready to recite Shakespeare, he couldn't let this go any further. Eastman fell forward, knocking over the cart and dropping the scarab on top of Rick.

"You stupid shit!" Plastique yelled as she threw her hands in front of her. With a flash of light kinetic energy erupted from her hands and consumed both Dr. Eastman and Dr. Romanov. When the smoke cleared all that remained were pieces of human scattered across the floor.

Plastique stood there, shocked. She took a few breaths and then straightened up, bringing her hands down to her side.

"Fuck," she said softly, shaking her head slowly, "I did it again. Two more deaths on my head, these two weren't even on purpose. Dr. Idiot knew the risks, but the cute one probably had a family. Damn it."

Plastique closed her eyes, a teardrop or two escaping as she took a breath to get herself under control. "I can beat myself up about that later. Focus time Bette. Where the hell is the scarab?"

"I am here."

Plastique looked up to see a man in black and red armor limp through a hole in the wall.

"No!" she shouted, firing off another blast of explosive force.

The Red Beetle lifted his right hand as it reformed into a shield, shrugging off the explosive blast. His left hand, now transformed into some kind of energy cannon, was brought to bear as he continued his unsteady limp forward, and a shot was fired off at Plastique. It missed wildly.

"I'm not paid enough to fight a superhero. See you in the funny pages, cutie!"

Plastique gave a jaunty wave and took off running. Rick felt an outside presence longing to chase after her, hunt her down and eliminate the threat she posed. That had to be the scarab's AI. She had done them a great deal of damage, her explosive catching them just as the symbiosis had started. Once the adrenaline wore off Rick knew he was going to collapse.
 
Last edited:
I must have missed that line from Bane. I guess that makes more sense than the other, though still if you're going to ignore teh rules you might as well send Batman from the word go but still

Yes post, both of you. We very rarely have a separate thread for Profiles. The sooner everybody is up the sooner we can kick things off. Actually I think we might as well kick things off now, it seems we all know enough of our characters to get started. It's not like every single detail need be worked out in advance. Me and Jeff are a bit of an advantage there since we tend towards our favorites I just copy and pasted mine from before with some minor tweeks. Took out Star's Nth Metal, defined which initial ten aliens Ben has access to, found a worthwhile excuse why he can't copy the main aliens of DC. And yes he can copy Thanagarians but why would he. They fly and are implied to have minor super strength. Big Chill can fly, breath ice and go intangible. He's simply superior so even if he did scan one he'd never use it. On purpose. The Omnitrix often gives him whatever the fuck it feels like.
 
As for your character profiles, post them here now if you want, but we will all need to repost them in the new thread so that all the characters are on the first page.

Yessir! Also, good read Guy!

-----

CrissCross

vec1.jpg


(Note on emblem: Initially Veronika wanted to use the Vesica Piscis as the sisters' logo, but Nikoleta explained the potential anatomical reference of the shape. Then Veronika really wanted to use it, but Nikoleta put her foot down, and so a sphere containing two intersecting great circles was used instead)

Name: Desnitsa
Real name: Veronika Cebotari
Age: 19
Height: 173 cm(5'8")
Birthplace: Tiraspol (country in which the city is located in? Depends on who you're asking)

Skills/Equipment: Veronika's bodysuit is lined with a thin padding and mesh that gives her limited protection against physical attacks (fists, arrows, bullets, etc). The sisters' logo over her left breast, though, has small glyphs and other markings that amplify this protection, as does the bracelet that Veronika wears on her right wrist. In addition, the bracelet gives Veronika protection against magical attacks and helps her "blend in" with the background. Veronica carries small balls and cubes on her belt and hooked on her person, some of her own creation, and some of her sister's, most of which are designed either to temporarily blind or disorient an opponent, or to short circuit an electrical/electronic/mechanical system.

Veronika is a first class athlete and adept at martial arts, though not to the level of the top echelon of fighters in the JLA. Her real passion is extreme sports, and she actually enjoys a certain amount of celebrity in that circle. She has climbed Everest, BASE jumped Angel Falls, hunted boars in Europe with a spear...the list goes on. She is an avid puzzle solver and has an eye that picks up the smallest detail, and prefers "thinking on her feet." She has a preternatural skill with repairing (and more than occasionally bypassing) almost any mechanical, electrical and electronic system. If the enemy were located at the top of a high tech skyscraper, Veronika wouldn't be anyone's first choice to go challenge the villain, but she'd be at the top of the list to sneak in, check the villain out, and possibly steal something from under their noses and come back undetected.

Powers/Abilities: See below

Background: See below

-----

Name: Sleva
Real name: Nikoleta Cebotari
Age: 18
Height: 162 cm(5'4")
Birthplace: Tiraspol (country in which the city is located in? Depends on who you're asking)

Skills/Equipment: At Veronika's insistence, Nikoleta doesn't wear a bodysuit. She wears jeans and a dark blouse with the sisters' logo on the right breast pocket..

Over this, Nikoleta wears a cloak and a hood. She casts a glamour on the hood so that her face always seems in shadow. The clasp that secures the cloak is shaped like the sisters' logo.

Nikoleta thinks she should have insisted she wear a bodysuit instead.

Nikoleta's cloak, clasp and emblem are lined with the same tiny glyphs and markings that Veronika's emblem is, and afford Nikoleta the same protection. In addition, Nikoleta keeps different charms and objects inside her various pockets in her clothes and her cloak. Most of these are defensive or divining in nature, but she also keeps six objects in one cloak pocket that look, smell and taste like giant malted balls. The balls are the base of what her sister calls "bad ass fireballs." If someone were actually to eat and swallow one of these malted balls, they would discover within five minutes, to their fatal misfortune, that they weren't actually malted balls. Nikoleta also keeps a wand made of willow. The only thing it does is glow for a few seconds if someone besides her touches it. Nikoleta has discovered that some people feel more comfortable talking to a "wizard" if they can disarm her first, and so she is happy to supply the placebo. Given the choice, Nikoleta prefers research to action.

Nikoleta is in good shape for an amateur athlete, but is in no way in the same league as her sister and many other potential members of the Outsiders. Her skill lies in her knowledge of the arcane. She has mastered more than a few spells, but prefers crafting artifacts and items, usually of limited scope and usage. She is also an excellent researcher, having an eclectic and encyclopedic wealth of knowledge and, despite her age, has a fairly wide ranging academic network.

Powers/Abilities: The two sisters share a strong link that is, not so much telepathy/empathy, but more like the right and left hands of the same body. They can generally know what the other is doing, and Veronika has actually curtailed her dating life because Nikoleta is still uncomfortable around boys. The two can "lend" their essence to the other, allowing the positive amplification of certain traits. It does not seem to have any detrimental effects on the lender, either short term or long. Veronika explains it like this: "It's like when you're arm wrestling. All your focus is on the hand you're using. Your other hand isn't weakened, it''s just that all your focus is on the hand you're using. Hey, you don't like that answer? Go talk to the brains of the outfit then."

The two also use a process that Nikoleta calls "Channeling a Platonic Ideal." Nikolete initiates the process and the sisters merge. In their place emerges a unique individual with different powers and temperament. Veronika says neither sister has any memories of the actions of these 'Channelings,' while Nikoleta is usually evasive in her answers. So far, only two Channelings have been discovered. Nikoleta is not comfortable with the process, and usually only does it at Veronika's insistence. Veronika also wants her to try to discover more Channelings, but Nikoleta has been opposed to any further forays into the subject.

Their uniuue relationship makes them, singularly and together, highly resistant to any type of telepathy or mental attack.

Channelings: see below

Background: After the fall of the Soviet Union, their was a great deal of upheaval in both former Soviet republics as well as in their satellite countries. Veronika and Nikoleta were orphaned in one of these "political shiftings, and ended up coming to America, to live with their wealthy but eccentric grandaunt. Her eclectic set of friends ended up taking the two girls down two very different paths. Veronika discovered her inner "Victorian adventuress," learning how to do everything from windsurfing to zip-lining. Nikoleta learned the pleasure of a good book and an interesting idea about the nature of reality. Nikoleta also learned about how the well prepared mind could bend the nature of reality.

It was after their arrival into America that the girls discovered their unique interconnectedness. They began to experiment with it and, age 16 & 15, iith their grandaunt supervising, the two first summoned Intransigent. Hhen the too returned, Veronika had no memory of what had happened in the interim, but Nikoleta had a look of horror on her face, and swore never to repeat the experiment, and refused to talk about it. Veronika could never find out hhat Nikoleta had experienced, even through their link, but finally convinced Nikoleta to try it again. Eventually, Veronika convinced Nikoleta to find a second Channeling. Oddly enough, Veronika was going to go the superhero route solo, keeping Nikoleta in the role of Alfred, but Nikoleta has insisted of staying by her sister's side.

Veronika has no remnants of her homeland in her speech, although she can slip into blistering Russian when provoked. She is friendly without being extroverted. Nikoleta is not shy, but doesn't talk unless she feels she has something to say, and still speaks with a slight accent. Both girls are attractive, but Veronika has that all-American, I-wish-she-was the girl next door look about her, while Nikoleta sometimes has the "haunted beauty" air about her. The two share a sort of "twin language", but seem capable of conveying volumes merely by exchanging a glance.

-----

Platonic Channelings:

Name: Intransigent
Height: 203 cm(6'8")
Powers/Abilities: Super strength, super endurance, super ruggedness, unrelenting doggedness to assigned task
Temperament: Upon appearance, she will point at herself, state her name, then sit down and stare at nothing. She seems to instinctively know who she should be taking orders from. She can follow simple orders like "Attack that person" or "Destroy this wall", but not more complicated orders, such as "Do this then that" or "If this happens, do this" or "After one hour, do this."She will hit anyone touching her, but otherwise will not take any initiative of her own. If the group around her was attacked, and no one shouted out a specific order and she herself wasn't attacked, she wouldn't move. Never hesitates to end the Channeling
Appearance: Solidly built but still feminine, she always appears in heavy gray overalls with a gray shirt underneath, and wearing dull brown work boots.

Name: Temerarious
Height: 180 cm(5'11")
Powers/Abilities: Resilient, superhuman agility, ability to mimicry and counter-move any physical attack on her almost instantaneously.
Temperament: She is argumentative, sarcastic, hotheaded and more than once has acted on her own, spurning a coordinated plan. She is also usually reluctant to end her "channeling", allowing the sisters to return.
Appearance: Appears in some type of uniform, though it could be anything from that worn by an Ancient Greek warrior to a Fenian warrior.

(Note: A new channeling discovered in the future might make the source of a one-shot super-villain. The friend who helped you in one battle and then surprisingly but inevitably turned on you for the next.)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top