The Time of Her Life {Closed}

"I come here fairly frequently, jut alone so they don't spare a table for me. I wish I had someone to bring." He said before taking another another small bite. Also that would be a terrible gift I still haven't gotten over that entirely."
 
A short chuckle responded to his quip, sipping on her drink. "Well, I'm sure there are plenty women around here you could ask. Maybe at a bar, I hear there are sites... But a guy as... Attractive, as you are there's bound to be someone." Reina had not intended to hint to herself. Then again, a part of her was not against the idea either. Offering a light smile, she finished another swallow then continued. "Even if you're just looking for a... Friend.. type.. I'll come sit down with you when I'm available." There was some sincerity in her tone, possibly hope even, while coyly looked away from him.
 
Mike smirked slightly. "Well if you wouldn't mind too much it would be nice to have a friend, a lady friend to meet here on a regular basis." He shook his head slightly realizing that he was starting to become absorbed in her and not in capturing her and he still had a job to do.
 
"It sounds like a date.... A friend date.. Between friends." Reina averted her gaze from him and to her food, hoping her not so smooth recovery helped. Slowly she ate more, and washed down what she could with her tea. "So I think after this, I'll be heading home. If you want, I can pay a cab for you. I don't expect you to cover for my meal or anything like that, but just so you know the offer is there." A warm gaze looked to him, her hand idly toying the fork with her food.
 
"Oh what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't cover your tab. I did abduct you off the street with no warning and no invitation as it were. Really I've been terribly rude and I'm just thankful you've been so kind in return. I don't deserve it." He really didn't considering the things he was going to do to her later but for now he was enjoying himself and part of him hoped he might enjoy himself again someday. As for the cab it's a lovely offer but I'm not too far from here myself. I'll be fine but I appreciate your generous offer."
 
"It was hardly an abduction, I think I was quite willing.", Reina laughed, quenching her thirst for a brief moment. "I should be thanking you as well.. if it wasn't for you I would not be enjoying this delicious pasta salad." A grin shined, consuming another bite as he finished. "Alright, I just wanted to put it out there is all." About done with her plate, Reina set the fork down on the little remains left and pushed it aside. She slipped her phone back into her pocket, not bothering to check if she missed anything. "What do you hope to achieve in the future?", she blurted out, starting a new round of getting to know you. "I want to be a lawyer myself, possibly start a family. I have not thought about kids too much, however, sometimes it seems they are more of a handful than they're worth."
 
"I want to run my own business, be my own boss that sort of thing. I think that could make things run better than most places do today." Mike replied taking a quick bit and smiling at her. "As for kids I'm in the strong no category on that but that's what friends are for, I borrow brats when I need them, spoil them rotten so they love to be borrowed and give them back. Though I do wish my friends would pop out a new kid, the current one is old enough to be smart. I wanted to go see Lego Batman and she really didn't want to and somehow I ended up taking her to Applebees because my choices were taking her to Applebees and her mother agreeing to enforce her daughter's bedtime."
 
Reina giggled softly, finding it hard to picture him with a little girl. It was a cute notion, no doubt, eyes focusing onto him with a deep interest in his story. "That's so sweet. I don't think I've seen that one, but I've heard its really silly." Sweeping fingers idly on the side of her glass, she was the waiter approach them and take her plate then asked if they wanted anything else. Reina declined, veering attention back to Mike. "I had a nephew through my brother I spent a little time with when he was a toddler. It was a few years ago, before the family moved south a few states. He adored the water, and I bought him this little sprinkler thing he ran around and played in. Often I'd take him for a weekend here and there, but then they left. I talk on the phone with him and them on occasion, yet its not the same."
 
"Of course it's not the same. Talking to the kid on the phone isn't the same as that combined feeling of joy and annoyance when they tromp through your house with muddy shoes because you bought them a sprinkler." Mike said also declining any more food and paying the bill.

"Would you mind if I walked you home?"
 
"Exactly, or how they strip down and run around screaming with glee for the hell of it, while trailing water everywhere." Reina added, humorously smiling as Mike took out the money for their meal. She thought to defy him on this, even momentarily reaching for her purse. Instead she let it go, nodding to the waiter as he went off to take their plates and the payment. "I...", she started to answer, debating on what to say. "Yes, I'd like that. These streets can be intimidating after dark. You never know what creep lurks in the corners." Completely unaware of the irony she just spoke, Reina rose from the table with him and started walking to the exit. "Luckily we don't have very far to go."
 
"Oh I'd fly you to the moon if you needed it." Mike said. He noticed that she had an independent streak, she really did want to pay and not just because she wanted to appear strong. That was just who she was, it actually had taken her a bit of effort to just let him be the 'man' in the situation. It was her kindness in what she assumed would be a one time encounter.

"Thank you by the way since we both know you'd get home just fine." He offered her a hand to get up.
 
"Thanks...", she said, taking his hand when he helped her up. Did she want to let it go? Reina thought she felt a light spark, but could not fully admit to the fact. Slowly she managed to retract her hand as they moved forward, a hint of a smile on her lips. "I know I seem tough, really I don't think I could be.", she carried on as the two left the establishment. "I've never really gotten into a fight, or have had any training. I think I smacked a guy once, because he grabbed my ass. But that was in the office, and everyone pretty much sided with me at the time." Shoulders shrugged, walking on the sidewalk toward the complex she lived at. "Surely you could handle your own, being a bouncer and all, I wouldn't be shocked to hear you've taken down a few brutes."
 
"Yes, I've taken down a few brutes. I'm not going to lie and pretend I've won every fight I've been in but between you and me every truly spectacular whooping of my ass has been at the hands of a woman." Mike said walking her out of the restaurant and back towards her place. "Men are easy, we've been play fighting with our fathers since we were toddlers, we understand that fights have rules. You don't bite, claw, pull hair go beneath the belt. Ladies on the other hand have none of that experience and every bit of their instinct is that fights only have one rule. The winner walks out. They don't hesistate to pick up a brick where a man as sexist as this sounds have been trained not to hit a woman. And in that moment where we blink. . .it's all bad."

They were nearly to her place when he finished speaking he had to intentionally veer off course a tiny bit since he wasn't supposed to know where she lived, not her exact address anyway.
 
"A fair point, if I've ever heard any. But I've known women in my time that fight dirty just to do so. One in particular loved punching men in the balls and watching them keel over." Reina mildly cringed at the recollection, slipping her hands behind her back as they walked she noticed he was going to turn down the upcoming intersection, thus she spoke up. "Oh, no. Not that way. Over there." Her finger pointed straight ahead to the complex on the corner of the next block. Softly she laughed, "Sorry I should've said something earlier." Reina walked with him across the street, drawing close to the entrance of the building. "You don't have to walk me up the stairs, I mean if you want to you can. Its not necessary but I'm not against the idea.", nervously rambling, she laughed a little while shaking her head at herself.
 
"I'll happily enjoy your presence for a few more minutes. I mean since I'm about as likely to get hit by lightning twice than I am to see you twice might as well stretch it out." Mike replied watching the way she fidgeted slightly.

Of course this was always the hardest part of getting a new girl, having either the patience to wait her out or the skill to make her think that the first move was made by her. That it wasn't the way his fingers grazed her arm once on the way up the stairs, that he really had gotten a bit distracted by that cat and bumped into her just a big before over apologizing.
 
"It's not that unlikely. You were standing in a normal path I take daily, after all." Reina walked with him as they entered the building, now headed for the stairwell. Once inside the cramped space, she began to realize how close they were. His scent was welcoming, the hint of manliness mixed with a crisp freshness. Subtle sparks emerged from the light touch on her arm, Reina casting a side gaze to the gesture. She felt the blush return with the light smile, continuing to walk up the stairs. Suddenly she took a stumble, her body losing balance for a moment but easily catching herself with the railing. Back pressed against it, now at stop with her hand having reached out to take his in an attempt to help him regain footing. "Are you.. Alright?", she softly spoke, her hand still held onto his with their bodies given little space between one another. Reina could hear her pulse thudding in her ears, with eyes locked onto his own.
 
"I'm fine, not as fine as yo. . ." He cut himself off at that stammering slightly. She was an enchanting lady. Part of him was worried about getting lost in her. They were at her door though by that point and either she was going to make a move or he was going to have to arrange another date in a few days and he honestly wasn't sure which. It wasn't like he was on a timeline.
 
The remark made her ears burn. Reina froze and could only stare up to him in silence while her mind raced. Was her really coming into her? Maybe it was a joke? She could not tell, unless there was a way to test it at least. Instinctively she went with the attraction, slowly leaning in to take the risk. Lips parted slightly and her breath gently shook, then gracing his lips with a soft kiss. Her eyes had closed to enjoy the moment, yet still checking to see if he would return it or brush her off.
 
For a moment Mike genuinely froze, it wasn't always. . .she was so soft. But the moment she started to pull away he put one arm around her waist and pulled her gently towards him as he leaned into the kiss, his own lips parting and his tongue gently grazing her lips.
 
Reina thought she had made a mistake, with no reaction initially from him. Just when she began to pull away, she felt the arm curl around her and pull her close. Her hands crept up his shoulders, circling around to the back of his head. Gently releasing a pleasant hum, her lips parted to slip her tongue out to meet his. Head tilted to deepen the kiss, the pace of her breaths quickened from the taste of him. In the process her body nestled against his, her mind swimming from the enjoyment while they made out in the hallway. Silently she cursed herself for not figuring out a way to extend the night, even though she could not see herself sleeping with him so quickly.
 
Mike let his other hand move to her shoulder, but then slowly, lazily it traveled down her side, gently tracing her curves. Everything about this woman was just fantastic like she'd been sculpted specifically for him. He was careful not to be rough, but to be forceful as he sandwiched her between his firm masculine form and her door. His tongue had slipped against hers and his eyes at some point had slid shut. It was almost a full minute before he broke away and only then because one of them needed to breathe even if he had no clue which of them.
 
His touch made her skin tingle, goosebumps forming upon her arms as he ran his hand along her body. A part of her felt conflicted by it, as if the gesture was partially too fast but the delight from it was hard to battle. Softly whimpering when he pressed her against the door, lips only dove hungrily into their kiss instead of stopping him. Tongue slid along his and danced with the motions of it, completely swept up in the moment. When he pulled free of the lock, her eyes slowly opened to peer at him with a blushing face. "I.. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.", she chuckled lightly, catching deep breaths that sent her chest heaving slightly onto his own. Her fingers stayed entwined with the back of his hair, not even shifting from the hold he had on her. "Do we... I mean should we... Call it a night?"
 
Mike gazed into her eyes noticing the conflict in them but also that genuine desire. He didn't want to wast weeks slowly burning the candle, he wanted to get started on her right away. "We can." He said making the bare minimum effort to pull away. "Of course you seem to have a powerful grip." He said and leaned in for a quick kiss. "So I guess it's up to you which direction I end up going after this."
 
Reina laughed softly, eagerly returning the peck. "I have a powerful grip? You have me pinned against the door.", she jested, leaning in to nip at his lower lip. "Hmm.. Well my roommate is... In there so.." she grimaced lightly at the awkward mention of the company inside, grazing her nails gently through his hair in the process. "I suddenly regret not living alone.." leaning in again after her remark, she took the liberty of stealing a few more deep kisses from him. "You wouldn't happen to have a place nearby, would you?"
 
"I'm not too far off actually. Just a few blocks. Are you offering to walk me home so I don't have to do it alone cus we'll end up spending an obscene amount of time together if neither of us are willing to let the other walk home alone." Mike said playfully letting his hand drift down to her very grippable bottom and lifting her up just slightly.
 
Back
Top