Adopt-a-story program

And there's the unearned sense of entitlement we are unfortunately all too familiar with

It's not a sense of entitlement; It's asking for action that should & could have been taken LONG ago!

I was editor on many stories, & a darn good one, until Torg decided he wanted them all for himself!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a sense of entitlement; It's asking for action that should & could have been taken LONG ago!

"Asking"?

Any day now; Just tell me when it happens.

It's FAR beyond time I get control of some of those stories!

The list gets longer almost daily, so some of them should be handed-over to me now!!

What part of these would be "asking"? All you've done is demand.

Among other things, I was editor on many stories, & a darn good one

You added ampersands and Hindo-Arabic numerals when spelling them out would have been proper. You misplaced commas every chance you got. These do not make your editing "darn good," they make it so bad we all go, "Oh hell no!"

until Torg decided he wanted them all for himself!

Right, that's why people signed up to adopt some of them and he handed them over without any complaint.

I love this logic: these editors are inactive, so their stories must be adopted by you; your account is banned, but those stories should have stayed on your account. Should we also pretend you aren't the lowest rated writer on CHYOO (or would be if you weren't using your extra accounts to give them 5 ratings) and that you haven't made threads that bash other users?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Since you people still can't take the hint, let's get it out of the way now.

tnadnuder, your own insistence that these stories are for you is noted as the cause of this discussion, and the first genuinely off-topic post came from you. Furthermore, you continued to drag this off-topic with subsequent posts riddled with personal attacks that have nothing to do with whether or not you should be made an adoptive editor. After all that forum flooding and spam you left on these forums, count your lucky stars you're account hasn't been disabled and I'm willing to let you post at all. When you're done clean up your own act or kiss CHYOO good-bye.

I know I'm overstepping my bounds at this point, but there are no such Forbidden 403 images anywhere on this forum; I have to check all images to ensure users are following the rules with images. Likewise, learning to post screenshots is as simple as searching the web. Next, you're in no position to claim your threads are high quality and that there's any reason anyone should make you an editor. Most of the poor editors you've described also happen to be the creators of those stories, not adoptive editors, meaning there is no equation between the two types and results in much higher standards for adoptive editors. Finally, know that we've all seen quite clearly that you can only argue a case by muddling logic (usually stemming from what appears to be poor literacy), and if you want I'll take some screenshots from the forum's incinerator to prove it.

hell_kaiserV2 and Black_Frost, I've already requested tnadnuder should be banned for the constant flooding of the forums, his habitual off-topic posts, his confessions to ban evasion and hacking, and much more. I don't know why the folks above me who disable accounts haven't done anything, but that doesn't mean you two get the right to drag a topic off-topic just to comment about the troll on this forum outside of the CHYOO Authors Forum. I agree that he's an asshole and the biggest problem on CHYOO, but that doesn't change forum rules.

24ward, I'm going to give you a pass, predominantly because I haven't had to address you at all as a moderator. Your post lacks the substance to never be misconstrued as ordinary flaming, but it's also the start of this evidence war to prove that tnadnuder is an unfit editor and he did provide most of the evidence for you; making up the remainder of why I give you a pass. Therefore, I'll leave you a warning to be careful.

Off-topic portions have been removed. This ends now, or I'll delete every one of your posts on sight until the powers above me disable your accounts, and that applies to all three of you.
 
Last edited:
24ward, I'm going to give you a pass, predominantly because I haven't had to address you at all as a moderator. Your post lacks the substance to never be misconstrued as ordinary flaming, but it's also the start of this evidence war to prove that tnadnuder is an unfit editor and he did provide most of the evidence for you; making up the remainder of why I give you a pass. Therefore, I'll leave you a warning to be careful.

Hi. I don't fully understand. Am I getting a pass, or a warning?


Off-topic portions have been removed. This ends now, or I'll delete every one of your posts on sight until the powers above me disable your accounts, and that applies to all three of you.

Am I one of these three?
 
Hi. I don't fully understand. Am I getting a pass, or a warning?

In my book, they're basically the same thing. I'm not taking any formal action and gave you the benefit of the doubt by considering it a legitimate argument concerning why someone is unfit to be adoptive editor. Therefore, it's a pass. Simultaneously, I'm addressing the fact that it can be seen as an off-topic post and warning you - as a user, not a moderator - to be careful with such posts.

Am I one of these three?

No, you're off the hook in this case, friendly reminder aside. Forgive me, but I believed that and the fact that your post escaped unscathed would be indication enough that the ultamatum was for tnadnuder, hell_kaiserV2, and Black_Frost, not you in any way.

Now, I make this next warning to you as a moderator. This is something that should have been discussed in a PM, not in this topic; which is also a request that you enable PMs through your "User CP" so that we can avoid adding to the topicality problems (and if you're worried about tnadnuder's contact problems getting worse, just add him to your Ignore List and his PMs will be automatically deleted). I'll ignore this as well since it's my mistake that whole thing, but let's make this the last off-topic post.
 
Last edited:
It's been some time and as this thread is back to its purpose, I was wondering about these four stories:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.cover/2542
http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.cover/792
http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.cover/7601
http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.cover/3836

I have still have had no response from the current owners about updating or whether they are still active, so unless otherwise is known, I am still willing to take over as editor for them. Many thanks, Z.
 
Listen I dont want to get between any war that going on

But clearly moderators are reading this topic. Can some just click what ever button that makes the story go into the lilguy31 name
 
"Everyone's Mine"

The story "Everyone's Mine" appears to have been abandoned by its creator. I've had a thread awaiting approval for weeks now.

I'd be willing to adopt the story.

Let me know.

-Martin
 
Anyone know if there's a way to contact The Bully?

The story "Vacation in Aruba" currently has two unapproved threads - one of them mine, for a few months now. Tried sending a message through the site, but still no approval.
 
Back
Top