Question

Short answer: No

I understand that "no response" can be an issue when using the VE site for various reasons.

My answer to your question is "No". I've been fortunate enough to have a VE contact me first and she's been great w responses, edits, etc. In the past, I've contacted the VEs who have been thanked by Lit writers...especially those writers who have the big, red H by most of their titles. Those VEs are pretty damn awesome.

This forum is still my "go to" place for quick answers and I've noticed several offers to edit posted here.

Just this morning, my editor told me that I tend to ramble. I had to laugh just now as I realized that I probably should have responded to your post with just a "No."
 
Last edited:
I wrote to a few, never heard back. I am thinking that sometimes, they probably get burnt out from reading too much about sex (I know, hard to believe...lol).

I am trying a different route and "fishing" for one through a thread on here *grins*.
 
I wrote to a few, never heard back. I am thinking that sometimes, they probably get burnt out from reading too much about sex (I know, hard to believe...lol).

I am trying a different route and "fishing" for one through a thread on here *grins*.

If you're talking about using the site's volunteer editor page--where you fill out a form--then lots of people have had trouble with it. I'm surprised when I hear that it worked for someone.

You are probably going to get a better response here. When you ask here for an editor (or contact people on the "Available to edit" sticky thread), at a minimum you need to provide the category that your story would post in and the size of the story in words.

You also need to have PM enabled so that you can receive messages from the general public because that's where most of your communications start.

And be friendly. Remember that you're asking someone to provide you with free labor.
 
Last edited:
I have had several contacts via the VE program, but I won't reply direct to them due to built in confidentiality issues. Mannu is aware of them and they will eventually get fixed during the rolling changes. I will always reply via the forum Private Messages, but it is surprising how many are not set up to receive.

The main reason why you don't get replies is the vast majority signed up to the VE system are no longer interested or changed emails and just can't be arsed to sign out of the system.

As already said by others in this post and earlier ones, the best method is to look through the Available sticky in this forum and PM them, or just post here with a request.
 
I've tried both.

Has anyone had any experiences with editors not responding back to you?

I've used the VE program successfully. It seems to be just the luck of the draw. I usually hit "browse full list" read through the preferences of the editors on the first three pages and pick two or three to send requests to.

I generally have a 25% success rate. Of the ones that reply probably half of them agree to edit but I never hear from them again after I've sent the story.

I now have three editors I've worked with and developed a trusted relationship with. They are my first call and then only if they are unavailable do I go looking.

I've used the forum once for my own work and I've actually helped two other authors straighten up their submissions to get them accepted.

My suggestion would be to just keep trying. If the editor doesn't get back to you move on and try to find another.

Charlie
 
Back
Top