What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished putting together the two cots my darling daughters will sleep in, when they arrive. They aren't due to be born for another four months or so, but I found that I couldn't wait, for whatever reason. :)

Next up? Painting the nursery. I know girls are traditionally supposed to get pink, but I'm thinking blue. Or purple.

Just finished putting together the two cots my darling daughters will sleep in, when they arrive. They aren't due to be born for another four months or so, but I found that I couldn't wait, for whatever reason. :)

Next up? Painting the nursery. I know girls are traditionally supposed to get pink, but I'm thinking blue. Or purple.

PUR.PLE.

Favorite color! :D

and you should totally avoid red/pink, Kuro

In my wife's words: Pink? Fuck pink.

I got a suggestion of green from a friend, which is interesting, but we're probably going to go with purple, because it's impossible to dislike purple. Also, it'd be kind of cool to have a room in the house which is candy-coloured, because the rest of the place is white, and that's boring.

my lazy bitch of an ex-sistr in law who is bringing her 'au pair' with her from interstate to visit her father

why?

because his dish washer is broken I shit you not
what a fucking lazy cow

Making someone smile. Really smile, at a cellular level that expands and takes over their whole face.

Not a bad feeling, you know?

Last night's activities have me smiling still. Mostly it's the fact that at the perfect moment, he knew, naturally it seems, to draw me to his chest, to hold me close and tight, to tell me repeatedly that I was safe. He knew to tell me later that I shouldn't "feel safe" because "I am safe."

It's sad, but happy, too, that he is the first man to hold me and tell me I am safe. At least I had that before I died...even if I had to wait until 42 to get it.

In my wife's words: Pink? Fuck pink.

I got a suggestion of green from a friend, which is interesting, but we're probably going to go with purple, because it's impossible to dislike purple. Also, it'd be kind of cool to have a room in the house which is candy-coloured, because the rest of the place is white, and that's boring.

My girls wore mostly bright red. Not that they didn't wear pink, but whenever I found baby girls clothes in red, I'd pick them up. Why? Cause they were born with tons of dark hair, bright blue eyes, and white white skin - THEY LOOK AWESOME IN RED!

Plus, it's my favorite color, and I hate pink.

As a member of the Grammar "Nazis," this was sent to me to give me a grin:

your.jpg

Making someone smile. Really smile, at a cellular level that expands and takes over their whole face.

Not a bad feeling, you know?

You know, reading this reminded me of that warm feeling of making someone smile and it made me smile too. It also makes me wonder if its even possible to make someone smile without smiling at least on some level yourself? Seems smiles were made to be shared given their contagious nature. :)

Taking my niece out for her birthday and her saying, "I can't believe that I am 5 years old already." Ha, like it took that long to get to be that age. Actually, she makes me smile every day!

You know, reading this reminded me of that warm feeling of making someone smile and it made me smile too. It also makes me wonder if its even possible to make someone smile without smiling at least on some level yourself? Seems smiles were made to be shared given their contagious nature. :)

So true! It is such a great feeling when you make someone smile or make them laugh! I have a friend who tells me all the time that no matter how bad things are, they know that when they talk to me, they will laugh. It brings me great pleasure that I can do that for someone.

My girls wore mostly bright red. Not that they didn't wear pink, but whenever I found baby girls clothes in red, I'd pick them up. Why? Cause they were born with tons of dark hair, bright blue eyes, and white white skin - THEY LOOK AWESOME IN RED!

Plus, it's my favorite color, and I hate pink.

Everytime I think of my girls as being born, imagine them as flesh and blood people, I get a serious full-body smile going on, I swear... :)

Now that I think about it, any child of mine is going to be dark haired and pale too, or they'll be a redhead, because of the wife... Red doesn't sound too bad, although I'm a fan of blue, personally.

So, we finally got around to having our housewarming party last night. I had my entire family- at least, the members who I can still bear to talk to- all in the one place, and I'd like to emphasize just how unthinkable it would have been at the beginning of the year for this to happen, for various reasons. It was a great time, and I got to try out the barbeque pit that's been out in my new yard the whole time. Goddamn does meat ever taste good grilled on that thing. :)

So true! It is such a great feeling when you make someone smile or make them laugh! I have a friend who tells me all the time that no matter how bad things are, they know that when they talk to me, they will laugh. It brings me great pleasure that I can do that for someone.

There is nothing better.

Well, except when you make someone smile, laugh and orgasm at the same time. That's a good feeling, too. :D

Delicious Dominos Lava Cake goodness.

And also Portal 2 :D it is proving to be MOST amusing ^_^

Last edited:
And also Portal 2 :D it is proving to be MOST amusing ^_^

You're damn right it is. See, I want to talk about it now, make some kind of reference, but I don't want to spoil even a single thing about the game. For anyone.

Quandaries, quandaries... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back