What's the hottest occupation for a female?

You aren't writing the next sequel to "Little House on the Prairie?"

Probably not. Unless Laura Ingalls snaps and starts plotting ways to take over her whole town - one farm accident at a time.
 
Let's check my WIPs

1. Rebel Leader
2. Assassin
3. Hacker/Hacktivist
4. Mob Boss
5. Tyrannical Dictator (this story is the one I'm most excited about)
6. Serial Killer

Does anybody else see a pattern here?

I missed saying this, but my stories explore the humanity of these characters and the circumstances that led them on this path. They are the protagonists, going so far as to be twisted anti-heroes.
 
Og mentioned at Post 25 female engineers. Have you ever noticed how very rarely female engineers (or male ) are the heroines/(heroes) of a story. Is it because most people who write don't know anything about engineering?


There are: two kinds of engineers: one can build a road from Point A to Point B, the other kind can build whatever you want. Brit Edward de Bono, MD and PhD is the best engineer I know of.
 
I'm sorry, but I think extrapolating Chyna's tragic story to all of WWE and then transplanting the same analogy to the horrendous number of tragedies amongst sex workers is pretty well off the mark.

If you think I'm extrapolating from one person, then you didn't read my post. I pointed out that there were plenty more stories like hers. I don't even follow wrestling, but I thought pretty much everybody these days was aware that pro wrestlers have a tendency to die young.
 
It isn’t necessarily the work she does, but the passion she shows; she can be a musician being absorbed in her music, or a visual artist making her work, but she can also be a technician tweaking her instrument, a cook, carefully adding the ingredients to her food, smelling and tasting, her face showing her opinion on the result, a geologist describing the landscape around us, but also a waitress, radiating joy in pacing between the tables and interacting with the guests. When everything is right, such passion pushes all of the physical appearances to the background, and I’ll be at the risk of falling in love.
Absolutely. Passion and intensity, just... yes!
 
The reality, though is this: The best women almost always fall far below the best males at virtually everything but lying on the back and spredading legs. Howard Hughes warned DONT TRUST FEMALS WITH BIG IDEAS. And that's what history says. Girls are mascots and camp followers.
 
It certainly did. Fully stringed equipment porn ;).

Have you heard Zoe Keating? She's the sexiest cello femme I've come across.

I probably should rephrase that.

I've liked what I've heard of her work. Despite what that story might suggest, I don't follow classical very closely (give or take the years when I dated an aspiring opera singer). I got too much of it as a kid and burned out on it, but I really love modern genres that incorporate classical elements - give me a metal band that knows how to use cello and violin, and I'm in heaven.

This performance by Jacqueline Du Pre has other associations for me personally, but it shows how passionate and how sensual the cello can get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgdbqt2ON0
 
It isn’t necessarily the work she does, but the passion she shows; she can be a musician being absorbed in her music, or a visual artist making her work, but she can also be a technician tweaking her instrument, a cook, carefully adding the ingredients to her food, smelling and tasting, her face showing her opinion on the result, a geologist describing the landscape around us, but also a waitress, radiating joy in pacing between the tables and interacting with the guests. When everything is right, such passion pushes all of the physical appearances to the background, and I’ll be at the risk of falling in love.

Exactly this.
 
Just wonder what occupation does everyone fantasize about and why. And for the writers how do you come up with inspirations for characters


Sometimes the occupation of the characters is central to the story.

For example, my most recent story posted to the site was an Erotic Couplings story called 'The Mystery of Melissa'. The narrator was a high school teacher called Nathan, who as a boy growing up in the early 1990s had a huge crush on a pretty TV presenter named Melissa (Missy for short) on a kids' show he watched, only for her to vanish completely into obscurity after leaving the show in 1995 with no amount of internet research by Nathan in subsequent years able to find out any clue what had happened to her. Then in 2018 Nathan gets a particularly bad student in his class at school, the boy's mother arranges a conference and it turns out that she is his childhood crush Melissa, now working a completely different job in geoscience.

So Melissa's first job as a kids' TV presenter and Nathan's job as a high school teacher are essential to the plot. Nathan seeing Melissa on TV years earlier caused him to get a crush on her, and Nathan's job as a teacher allows the chance meeting with Melissa, now the mother of a teenage son and daughter.
 
My daughter complained today about modern men are all sissy snowflakes. Its true. Modern guys get more black cock than Brit girls.
 
It isn’t necessarily the work she does, but the passion she shows; she can be a musician being absorbed in her music, or a visual artist making her work, but she can also be a technician tweaking her instrument, a cook, carefully adding the ingredients to her food, smelling and tasting, her face showing her opinion on the result, a geologist describing the landscape around us, but also a waitress, radiating joy in pacing between the tables and interacting with the guests. When everything is right, such passion pushes all of the physical appearances to the background, and I’ll be at the risk of falling in love.

I wonder if it should also be considered a hot occupation for the person involved; to me, sometimes when my work completely absorbs me and time loses its dimension, it feels better than sex.

This says it really well. The key is for the author to use words skillfully to convey the character's passion to the reader. If the author can do that, then the author can turn a seemingly mundane job into a sexy job, and heighten the sexiness of the character and the story.
 
Can the cello be made to be sexy, yes, but inherently sexy, no. "Sexiness" is not a prerequisite to playing the cello NOR does the cello make people sexy over time (that second part is very important to anyone who wants to use that against my yoga statement).

For those of us who find grace and talent sexy, yes, it really does.

Even for those who are defining "sexy" by body shape, a professional cellist is spending hours every day working out their upper body.

For instance (this is not some pornographic cello playing either) and even the instrument has been streamlined to give it some sensuality.

I don't know that the classical cello shape is entirely lacking in sensuality, TBH. With apologies for the picspam...

cd_99Sensual.jpg


06124001.jpg


3629407768_2faecb26ab_z.jpg


27237670_800_800.jpg


4bea0ed3891c111435e67ffdc468418d.jpg


https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmVAnnB5z5kGRzzpVKxI8Vh3YGlj_HTPGncfTvyZsjL9MLwMkb

193656.jpg


MI0001549759.jpg


ClHYe0bF7lkqmaX0srxMaO3_pZKBVAI-vrXIBl4YlhjwGYwMjV2Y_82irnKiBOGJu_q7G6yJRmy80b-oj27HQwca=s285-cp


https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYg-lMWjcVabCgz1ANLl-FknTjrN8JmRxixCa_hvdya70lu8ID1w

The classical cello shape is famous for resembling the curves of a woman's body. Combine that with the way it's usually played - held between the knees, with one's hands roving over the "torso" and throat - and there's probably more cello-based sexual imagery out there than for the rest of the orchestra combined. A quick Google Images search will find plenty more in the same vein.

(Strictly speaking, what Tina Guo's playing in that video isn't a stripped-down cello, it's an electric cello, built on the same principle as an electric guitar. Like an electric guitar, it can make a wide range of sounds depending on how it's set; to me that doesn't sound quite like a true cello, but I'll leave it to the audio buffs to confirm or rebut that.)

YMMV, but for me that video is trying a bit too hard to be sexy and actually ends up less sexy as a result.
 
A cello only looks like a woman when you draw tits on it or you play a woman like one, like in your picture.

Doesn't matter what kind of cello she is playing, because she's the one living her life playing it and doing a good job at too and what are you doing? Trying to figure out what cellists you can get wet to.

Now, it doesn't matter what I post or even if I find things that I can agree with you about, you and Ruben and maybe even Notwise are going to want to bicker with me.

All my posts when speaking to you guys speak for themselves, are easy to understand and address your misunderstandings of the topics, everything else you've decided to throw out is pettiness.

Enjoy yourselves, and if you have anything else to add, re-read my previous posts.

KindofHere, I enjoy your comments and participation but you take disagreement way too personally. They're offering thoughtful alternative viewpoints on the subject. They're not bickering with you. They're not demeaning your viewpoint.

It's possible to appreciate everyone's different perspective without either wholly agreeing or disagreeing with them, and there's no need to take anything personally here.

There definitely is something "womanly" about the shape of a cello, and the way it is played is sexy in a way, but for me the chief sexiness of an instrument is the sound that comes out of it. For me, personally, performances that exaggerate the sensuality of the musician's movements usually come across as somewhat contrived, and not sexy. A visually sexy performance of a musical instrument would be one where the musician is completely focused on the playing of the instrument and its sound, rather than on swaying about in a sensual manner. I liked the sound of the Tina Guo performance in that video a lot, and I find the sound of a well-played cello to have a sexy quality, but the visual performance was less "sexy" to me, even though she's very pretty and has an attractive figure.

It's all a matter of taste. It's part of what makes the erotic interesting but sometimes frustrating to talk about.
 
Determined opposition.

Bramblethorn disagreed with me from the start, and it started with her eye-rolling initialism to dismiss my attempt to get people on topic. Her use of Chyna and WWE deaths was absurd in the fact that their drug use were their own life choices and comparing a WWE Diva to a Prostitute is like comparing a musician to prostitute or an actress or a model, or any professions where drug/alcohol induced death is sensationalized and then romanticized.

Somehow, whenever something goes bad in a sex worker's life, that's held up as proof that the entire industry is rotten. But when a long long list of WWF/WWE veterans are dying extraordinarily young by ODs, painkillers, and heart attacks, that's just several dozen individuals who all happen to be making the same "bad life choices".

Every post she made had at least one contrary point, however small, just so she could remain behind her line in the sand. She even pulled at threads in my cellist link because it was mine—

Nope. I would have made pretty much the same comment had anybody posted that link. I don't have any particular beef with you. In fact, if you check other recent threads, you'll probably find me arguing more often with Simon than with you.

I would also remind you that you have repeatedly PMed me asking for maths help in interpreting voting patterns on your stories, and I have done my best to help with those queries. Does that seem like the behaviour of somebody who's carrying a grudge against you?

You seem to have a lot of difficulty here accepting the possibility that people simply don't agree with the opinions you're posting, that the things you consider "inherent" and universal don't look that way to others.

that cellist is highly accomplished, but because it was not the classical sit in a chair and move your head and not your body, there had to be something off about it. She critiqued a persons means of expression when that was one of her points on agree with Ruben. (How do they know what is overacted?)

What I actually said was: "YMMV, but for me that video is trying a bit too hard to be sexy and actually ends up less sexy as a result." Clearly qualified as a personal opinion, with acknowledgement that you might not see it that way.

Contrast to your posts where you assume that anybody who disagrees with the idea that yoga is "inherently sexy" must be falsifying their own beliefs for the sake of argument.

Long enough story shorter: Bramble and Notwise decided to oppose me (which is fine) at every turn (which is not due to the arguments they presented) which made ending this conversation with them in a nice way almost impossible. They needed to be adversarial even when it became silly to do so (and that's what bothers me most about those two, not that they disagreed, but the lengths that they went to to continue disagreeing).

FWIW, I have no time for people who falsely ascribe motivations to me. It's the fastest way to get on my ignore list, which I will now be activating. Next time you want assistance with the stuff you've been PMing me about, you will need to find somebody else.
 
Back
Top