Violence in our stories

No means no, enforced brutally.

Description in story ideas:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=89505702#post89505702

In short, a could be hot night with 3 guys and a girl ends with badly beaten guys in hospital and girl going away in the night.

I wonder would that get try. Probably if violence is not described directly, only action until the girl snaps, and then the consequences?

I imagine it to collect quite a few down votes though, the end is hardly sexy.

Well, I resubmitted the story with a little note attached, and it's now been posted! Guess I really only did need the note.

Well, I'm working on my Halloween story and it ends with a sex and human sacrifice scene where I'm not sure if I've exceeded the limits of what will pass or not. It's the penultimate scene in a long and graphic night of sex but in itself it's not that long. Would anyone who's written death scenes be willing to take a quick look and let me know if you think it's okay? Or do I need to tone it down?

I dunno, one of my stories is incredibly violent, but it's a historical fiction work about the Mongol Empire. There's battles, gore, grisly deaths, and I've had scenes with brutal rape in them. It was not sent back, but I guess it's all context?

I clearly labeled strong violence in the tags, and had a disclaimer at the beginning of the story. I don't know exactly what to say, about what happened with yours, but to my mind, I would have allowed it based on what you've said.

Maybe it WAS a knee-jerk reaction. I included the song 'Lake Shore Drive' in one of my stories, the song being some 46 years old, and therefore beyond the 25 year proviso. My story was sent back for correcting of the lyrics, I'm assuming because I mentioned the song as being part of the 'Guardians of the Galaxy II' soundtrack that it was a knee-jerk reaction to the recent movie. I've included lots of full lyrics of older songs before.

I'm sorry it happened. I'd resubmit but that's me. My stories get very violent. I hope to read yours soon.

Well, I'm working on my Halloween story and it ends with a sex and human sacrifice scene where I'm not sure if I've exceeded the limits of what will pass or not. It's the penultimate scene in a long and graphic night of sex but in itself it's not that long. Would anyone who's written death scenes be willing to take a quick look and let me know if you think it's okay? Or do I need to tone it down?

Whether it would be considered snuff or not might be the standard but only Laurel could determine, no matter what anyone else thinks. Erotic horror does allow lots more leeway in this regard I think. I have a story that has a human sacrifice in it which takes place concurrently with human/human sex as well as human/Lovecraftian monster sex but the sacrifice itself while not 'off camera' is more alluded to than graphically shown. But I've read stories (in EH) here that to me are snuff and graphic and they've been published so who knows.

Haven't actually submitted it yet but I thought I'd ask about the death part. The rest, I'm okay with. Guess I can submit and see what happens when it's done.

Gee, I wrote a story a while ago... years ago... where the husband kills his wife, her lover and her lover's wife. Then sits down to await the police. - Reality

I have written stories where people die, because that was part of the story. Besides they were probably being rude and needed to die.

Then I have two stories in non-erotic that are about snipers in the military and people are being killed in both. But that's war. (Sniper & Sniper Ch. 02)

Assassination edit accepted.

My fifth story (I’ve only got five so far) contained two murders. The first was the murder of a hooker so she couldn’t identify the protagonist. I changed it to her being chloroformed because it wasn’t important to the story.

The second murder was of the despicable and murderous man who happened to be the father she had never met who had abused his wife to the extent that she ran away with her unborn child because she was afraid he would kill her. He deserved to die and his daughter received no sexual satisfaction from the act just the satisfaction of avenging her dead mother.

I changed the ending so he didn’t die although, in my opinion, it ruined the story.

However, I’ve been thinking recently that perhaps it was just the murder of the hooker that got it refused because Laurel thought it was pointless. So I’m going to reinstate the original ending and submit as an edit. But this time I’ll put a detailed explanation in the box of why I wrote the ending as I did.

I think if, in the future, there’s anything debatable I’ll write an explanation in the box when I submit. I think it’s quite likely that Laurel will read the box even if she skims the story.

https://www.literotica.com/s/hela-ch-1-retribution

So, as I say, try writing an explanation when you first submit or write one if it’s rejected and you decide to resubmit.

x

My edit and explanation was accepted and now, quite rightly, the story concludes with Hela disposing of her father in her own unique way.

I’m regret that I originally put 2 and 2 together and apparently got 3. I wonder now, for the length of time the replacement ending was seen, how it affected the voting. How many people got to the end of the story and thought the ending was crap. How many people thought the logical conclusion was that, because of what he had done to her mother, the ending of her killing him was the rightful retribution?

How many votes were downgraded because of the temporary crap ending? If you submit an edit the story doesn’t go back in the front page.

I'm also working on a story that involves ritualized sex and death at the end and have wondered the same thing. I do not at all understand this site's rules on this subject. I've read plenty of stories on this site with murder and sex combined in various ways, so I can't tell what goes and what doesn't. Your Nockatunga story, for example, was pretty darn gruesome, but I can't imagine a reasonable site banning it. I'm not going to get overly gruesome with the death in my story so I think it will be O.K., but I can't tease out a clear, working principle from all the comments I've read on this subject.

Laurel's objection usually, is to gratuitous violence rather than just violence. I remember reading a story probably 10 years ago where the author explained in a foreword that the violence in the first page or two was essential to the plot development. It was, and Laurel allowed a very lurid scene through.

Sorry but I cannot remember the author.

Maybe it WAS a knee-jerk reaction. I included the song 'Lake Shore Drive' in one of my stories, the song being some 46 years old, and therefore beyond the 25 year proviso. My story was sent back for correcting of the lyrics, I'm assuming because I mentioned the song as being part of the 'Guardians of the Galaxy II' soundtrack that it was a knee-jerk reaction to the recent movie. I've included lots of full lyrics of older songs before.

I'm sorry it happened. I'd resubmit but that's me. My stories get very violent. I hope to read yours soon.

What's the 25-year proviso? As I understand it, stuff published between 1964 and 1977 is under U.S. copyright for 95 years after publication, so a song released in 1971 won't be public domain until 2066.

What's the 25-year proviso? As I understand it, stuff published between 1964 and 1977 is under U.S. copyright for 95 years after publication, so a song released in 1971 won't be public domain until 2066.

It's my understanding from reading somewhere on the website that songs under 25 years old may not appear in a story in their full verse, only up to half the lyrics may be used.

I've used full songs from the 70s and 80s many times. I won't pretend to understand the how's and why's, just that it works.

Like Bumblebees.

It's my understanding from reading somewhere on the website that songs under 25 years old may not appear in a story in their full verse, only up to half the lyrics may be used.
Laurel applied the 50% rule when I tried to post a recent translation of a 1920's Russian poem, so it might just be a Lit copyright breach avoidance approach.

I've used full songs from the 70s and 80s many times. I won't pretend to understand the how's and why's, just that it works.

Oh, okay. That's interesting, I hadn't run across that one.

I had a lot of problems with my stories. They were all rejected for being nonconsent or too much physical harm. To be fair, one of them is fairly extreme CNC play within the context of a D/s relationship. But one of them contained no physical violence whatsoever, and no nonconsent. And it was tagged in BDSM. With the exception of the CNC story, all of the actions in my stories are things I personally have done or are well within my risk profile. So like, what are the guidelines for violence in the BDSM category? Impact play is incredibly common in the BDSM community, as is dacryphilia, so I am baffled as to why my stories were rejected. I'm genuinely feeling a little hurt and kinkshamed that the things I have allowed and encouraged my partners to do to me are considered serious physical harm.

[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt that you're being shamed. You have to remember that this is a fairly conservative site. Why? I have no idea, but I highly doubt that it's because Laurel finds your content morally objectionable. My best guess is that it has something to do with being a decent size (or big? I don't know) business.

Take the forums for example: anything, *anything* that includes someone under 18 is immediately removed. Sexual awakenings, dramatic, high school encounters, etc.--this is taken down, and you're now someone the mods might scrutinize a little bit more.

There are other forums, though, that allow this kind of discussion, and there is at least one site that lets you post stories involving characters as young as 16.

So, ya, by comparison, Lit is pretty conservative. Just chalk it up to the kind of site this is. It has nothing to do with you. It's just the nature of Lit.

Lit. is not a conservative site. You want to post on a conservative site...PM me.

There are some hard and fast rules here that is true.

For non-con the attackee must get some enjoyment out of what is being done.

Age is a factor, no under 18 sex, either having or describing.

As far as killing and death are concerned. If it's for sexual enjoyment then no, otherwise if it part of he plot then sure you can have people die.

I have a couple of stories with people dying in them...it part of the plot and in defense of one of the characters.

[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reading plenty of opinions of Rewnaissance, Elizabethan etc literary giants, and things aint changed much in 400 years. Its always the snow flakes vs the wild animals, and the pols love/hate them all.

But I believe I got a grip on the Shakespeare/ Edward DeVere issue. Shakespeare was Michael Jackson NOT Mozart. The Mozart fare came from DeVeere.

I highly doubt that you're being shamed. You have to remember that this is a fairly conservative site. Why? I have no idea, but I highly doubt that it's because Laurel finds your content morally objectionable. My best guess is that it has something to do with being a decent size (or big? I don't know) business.

Take the forums for example: anything, *anything* that includes someone under 18 is immediately removed. Sexual awakenings, dramatic, high school encounters, etc.--this is taken down, and you're now someone the mods might scrutinize a little bit more.

There are other forums, though, that allow this kind of discussion, and there is at least one site that lets you post stories involving characters as young as 16.

So, ya, by comparison, Lit is pretty conservative. Just chalk it up to the kind of site this is. It has nothing to do with you. It's just the nature of Lit.
Those sites are hard as fuck to get on. One of them is apparantly down and been down for longer than I knew.

I have yet to post any violent stories, except for one, years a ago that was rejected. It was probably rejected for being too short. Nobody died, it was just violent sex. I have a story I want to do for halloween that has ritualistic killings in it, that if I can get around to doing it, hopefully passess.

That's my exact point. I'm looking at it from the perspective of permissible content, and age, to me, is a pretty big piece of content. In this case, Lit allows less content in that category than other sites, which cuts out a massive amount of possible content. In that way, Lit is more conservative in the content it allows than other sites.

Now, it could very well be that we are looking at this from different perspectives--maybe even using different definitions of "conservative." I'm not going to debate our conclusions, since I think we're coming at this from directions that are too disparate to compare.

So... I'll just leave it at that :)

Well there are several site around the internet that allow under 18 content. They don't here. So move on, it ain't gonna change.

As far as age goes, this site is a little on the conservative side. But as far as non-con and violence go, not so much.

Three of my stories were accepted here where on another site they were rejected because the don't allow non-con at all. But they do allow sex with 16 year old and adults.

I completely understand the age thing here. They owners just don't want any conflicts with law enforcement or any of the pedophile crowd hanging around.

Well there are several site around the internet that allow under 18 content. They don't here. So move on, it ain't gonna change.

As far as age goes, this site is a little on the conservative side. But as far as non-con and violence go, not so much.

First part of your statement: Look around and then get back to me.

Second part-absolutely right, the site that doesn't allow 'actual non con' is full of it.

Full of it pretty much describes all the 'rules' here.

First part of your statement: Look around and then get back to me.

Second part-absolutely right, the site that doesn't allow 'actual non con' is full of it.

Full of it pretty much describes all the 'rules' here.

Head on over to Lush. And Smashwords. Good enough?

Back