Dress description : please help

I just want to get this straight..

you're writing a story..
but you want us to write all the descriptive parts?

Does this really surprise you.;)

I'm always very helpful Easternwindz, but you really do need to write your own prose.

Following are sites Exotic Dancers buy cloths, enjoy. If you want sluty, sultry or just provocative, you can find them here. Pick what you like than write your own descriptions but mind you even most strippers wouldn't be caught dead out in public wearing some of this clothing.

Wicked

Discount Stripper

I just want to get this straight..

you're writing a story..
but you want us to write all the descriptive parts?

All i wanted was the description of an outfit on a girl. What shes wearing, what kind of outfit, what style, colour, how short, what body parts are visible, etc... But looks like people can't do that without adding other things in the mix like describing a full scene. So, guess it sounds simple but not so easy to describe without adding a description of a scene... I did give some examples for everyone but guess most skipped over or did not understand...

Last edited:
All i wanted was the description of an outfit on a girl. What shes wearing, what kind of outfit, what style, colour, how short, what body parts are visible, etc... But looks like people can't do that without adding other things in the mix like describing a full scene. So, guess it sounds simple but not so easy to describe without adding a description of a scene... I did give some examples for everyone but guess most skipped over or did not understand...
You snipped just those passages out a complete story, keep in mind that the person who wrote that didn't write JUST the descriptions.
It really isn't that easy to describe a person without placing them as well. It isn't that people (well me at least) didn't understand. You could go to what I wrote and snip out just a description--

Her heels were high, six inches at least. ... The Mary Jane strap and shiny buckle on each mimicked far more innocent things than the rest of the design revealed. With them she wore white stockings with tiny pink hearts worked into them. They ended mid-thigh, each topped by a pink satin bow. A sheer baby-doll was the only thing covering her body...
Bare from just below her navel to mid-thigh, breasts pressing against the sheer top so that they were more visible than if they’d been uncovered

It's pretty easy to see her in that outfit I think but without a reason for her to be in it the picture isn't complete.
Maybe I could have snipped out just that part but I was trying to make a point--that the things surrounding the description are as important as the description itself. They do as much to paint the picture as the length of the skirt or the amount of bare skin. The WHY gives the reader an immediate template to build on based on things like Daddy/baby girl play (which I hinted at with the Mary Jane shoes and pink ribbons.) Without even saying it I'll bet most people thought that her hair is in in pig-tails and her lips were painted pink.
Use the cues the scene gives you, they are valuable and necessary if you don't want your character to seem like she dropped from the sky.
The where and why are the springboards to the what. Without them you might as well be writing for a catalog.

Take all of that for what it's worth--it's just how I do it whether it's straight fiction or erotica. Some of the others may do it differently. I'm guessing that it's why you aren't getting what you asked for though.

I don't know if it's a matter of understanding..

Who is the girl?
Where is she going?
Who is watching or waiting for her?

When a woman selects an outfit, these are the things that matter.

It's pretty easy to see her in that outfit I think but without a reason for her to be in it the picture isn't complete.

I understand what you are saying. But all I wanted was the 'outfit' part, the other part 'the reason for...' as you put it will come from me as it is my story. Thanks!

I don't know if it's a matter of understanding..

Who is the girl?
Where is she going?
Who is watching or waiting for her?

When a woman selects an outfit, these are the things that matter.

Hence I gave people the freedom to describe any outfit that they have in mind. If you have an Idea for a formal wear, evening wear, casual etc... then go ahead and describe it. Who,where,what, need not bother you much. I just want what you got...And If I like the outfit I will definitely try to fit it in my story no matter what it is.

I'm not so good at describing ladies outfits even though I have the picture in my head. So please share your description for the sluttiest, Skimpiest, no panties, high heels, pussy and butt hole revealing, transparent, shocking outfits etc... you can come up with so that I can use it in my story.

Hence I gave people the freedom to describe any outfit that they have in mind. If you have an Idea for a formal wear, evening wear, casual etc... then go ahead and describe it. Who,where,what, need not bother you much. I just want what you got

With all due respect, that is not what you asked for.

I'll add one more thing. When I read a story, part of what I like is seeing through that other person's eyes. I remember wearing a blouse once that was unbuttoned (almost) to the base of my sternum. When I put it on, I wondered if he would look in the side to peek at my bra or if he would take note of the curve of my breast.
When he commented on it, he commented on how the collar accentuated my throat and chest.. and his descriptions grew from there.
Part of my reluctance isn't that I think you should do your own work; but that, as a reader, I want to know what you see. I want to experience your point of view.
You said that you have the image in your head. Share it - with bold accuracy - and let people know how that vision fuels the story.

I understand what you are saying. But all I wanted was the 'outfit' part, the other part 'the reason for...' as you put it will come from me as it is my story. Thanks!

With all due respect, that is not what you asked for.

I'll add one more thing. When I read a story, part of what I like is seeing through that other person's eyes. I remember wearing a blouse once that was unbuttoned (almost) to the base of my sternum. When I put it on, I wondered if he would look in the side to peek at my bra or if he would take note of the curve of my breast.
When he commented on it, he commented on how the collar accentuated my throat and chest.. and his descriptions grew from there.
Part of my reluctance isn't that I think you should do your own work; but that, as a reader, I want to know what you see. I want to experience your point of view.
You said that you have the image in your head. Share it - with bold accuracy - and let people know how that vision fuels the story.

I do understand perfectly what you were asking. I was trying, as I said, to make a point.
If what you want are simply descriptions of garments then you need to go to catalogs. Someone even gave you links to a couple of very good ones (for very naughty things :D)
If you want to see a woman wearing those clothes honestly you don't have to work so hard as to describe every single little detail. Once you establish her character there are expectations that will fill in lots of blanks for you as long as you provide enough detail to give the reader a good picture of the way she's dressed. A leather clad Domme is a picture most people have already, you just need to provide sufficient details to establish that your character fits that mold and then how she varies from it.
I could give you a top down inventory of what someone is wearing but --
1. It won't do you any favors when you're writing about that person because you'll have wasted one of your best chances to tell the reader about her. Not just how she wears it but why she chose it and what is it about her that stands out. Character description is character development not just some throwaway moment of set dressing.
2. That description is coming from somewhere--either a narrator or from the mind of another character. Possibly even from more than one person--first the woman as she dresses and then when she presents herself to another person. Maybe even a third party as well. Each one will have a different point of view, a different take on what they see. Take advantage of that to show the sort of people all of those 'viewers' are. She may look at herself as dressed provocatively, the man she means to seduce may see her as foolish, a third person may see her as simply a cheap slut worth anything she gets.
As it's just been pointed out that point of view is as much a part of the story as the action. How she is seen tells the reader a lot about how is she judged. is she loved, will she be seen with appreciation and genuine passion as opposed to bare lust? is she a sympathetic character who others will see as a sort of victim? is she considered ridiculous? is she simply the kind of woman who people expect that sort of thing from?

To be perfectly honest--and with due respect to the person whoever wrote what you quoted (which you really should have given an attribution for) I thought as descriptive passages they were heavy handed.
Maybe, in context they made sense but standing alone as they did I couldn't see any reason for an inventory like that. Granted it's a snapshot of the clothing but not of the woman wearing them.
Which one are you really writing about?

I don't mean to come across as preachy but it's a point that seems to be escaping you.

Back