does not meet our quality guidelines

Do we care what "other sites" do, think, accept or reject? This is Lit, post here and to hell with this other, more discerning site.

Not really.

I just thought it was an interesting experience worth a thread.

Not really.

I just thought it was an interesting experience worth a thread.

Moderating a site like that is a lot of work and the satisfaction of doing the job is the only reward. It tends to attract a strange kind of person and it's impossible to keep one's personality from coming out.

Sensible mods stick to enforcing the "You have to comment on three to post one" rule and leave it at that. Taking on quality control is a fool's mission.

I wrote a post this morning but apparently took too long to write it. So I will try again but this time with lessened learned - don't ramble.

The lesson is: always copy and paste your post to a local file before pressing "submit reply". :)

matryoshka - when you first log in, next to your name there's a small box that says 'remember me' - click on it to make the tick appear and you won't find yourself logged out between posts if you spend some time reading/replying.

DWM syndrome
I liked it, it does what it is supposed to do, perhaps it is missing a mollusk and vague reference to god. Although it is tough to get them on the court.

But this, this is really cool, can I use it?

Hi there, Thank you for your submission. I am returning your poem to you as it does not meet our quality guidelines. I have noticed that you have submitted a lot of poems today, maybe this is a back catalogue. I would recommend taking your time and adding quality to one piece. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you

Hi there, <classic informal greeting, let me practice this

Hi, there...

Thank you for your submission. < standard english for fuck off

I am returning your poem...with a set of instructions on how to insert it in your ass

blah, blah, blah

I have noticed that you have submitted a lot of poems today...have you consulted a medical professional recently, this is a may be symptom of logorrhea, do you have excess verbiage in the house?

I would recommend taking your time and adding quality to one piece...I know you are thinking this is me, quality is a foreign word to me, I would have phrased it differently...
Can you edit some of these motherfuckers down, one of my eyeballs done burnt, and I seen better graffiti on walls, sprayed with lots of class. Now how in the fuck can you text this much while holding a crack pipe in your hand?

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you < this I would keep as most people probably think "queries" are some sort of breakfast cereal, and while they're wondering why you are asking for their breakfast in the middle of the day, you gone.

This whole thing made me smile, but the excess verbiage line cracked me up. From now on instead of saying I'm a chatty Cathy when tired, I'm going to say I have excess verbiage. No more cute fucking annoying doll for me. Hand me that pipe!

matryoshka - when you first log in, next to your name there's a small box that says 'remember me' - click on it to make the tick appear and you won't find yourself logged out between posts if you spend some time reading/replying.

OMG, thank you! I could hug you! I get logged out more than I'm in. Hehehe
Thank you, thank you!

This whole thing made me smile, but the excess verbiage line cracked me up. From now on instead of saying I'm a chatty Cathy when tired, I'm going to say I have excess verbiage. No more cute fucking annoying doll for me. Hand me that pipe!
you must have missed the handout at the door, the one that warns against encouraging me

you must have missed the handout at the door, the one that warns against encouraging me

Ohhhh? Was that what they were supposed to say? Oops, I handed out1201 glossies, for your autograph right after the sold out show.

So ......... as it turns out, the poem was acceptable.

They just got flustered and overworked because I submitted more than one in a single day.

:rolleyes:

I hate sitting on a bunch of unsubmitted poems.

Makes me want to start chucking them like Chinese stars at random people.

I hate sitting on a bunch of unsubmitted poems.

Makes me want to start chucking them like Chinese stars at random people.

............ Glad you ain't sitting on the pile of crap I've got floating around then.

If I told you, I would have to kill you. Or I would be killed. I'm not quite sure which.

Apparently limbo low standards.

That's a really good fucking question. ............ I've got nothing.

I would have guessed Clean Sheets until I read the note they sent you. They offered me an editor for my story which I gladly accepted. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

:rose:

I would have guessed Clean Sheets until I read the note they sent you. They offered me an editor for my story which I gladly accepted. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

:rose:

It was Lush Stories.

And .... like their sister site Stories Space, there is just no consistency in what gets accepted and rejected. It all depends on the mod you get.

At least here at Lit you can resubmit poems with a note attached explaining your case as to why it should be published. Common sense usually prevails and everyone is happy.

Not at those places. Once a story is determined objectionable, it stays rejected unless you are extended the opportunity to submit a rewrite. You just get bitch slapped with warnings about potential suspension of your account if you attempt to resubmit it as is with an explanation attached.

I'm not going to rewrite anything that someone hurried through or is afraid of losing his mod job because the write could be perceived by a few readers as such and such.

Back