Dark Receiver

He laughed and motioned their waiter over,

"I'll have another of those bottles thank you."

He hooked in with her and led her to the entrance, where he paid when the waiter turned up with the second bottle. As they departed his car got brought to the front and he tipped the valet, the door was held open for her and he escorted her to the open door. He got in on his side, shifted the car into gear and drove off,

"There is this very nice little spot, I think you know it very well, you met Elron there. I know for a fact that if you bend the rules a bit, you can actually park on the grass and look up at the sky with very little ambient light to restrict your view."
 
Yet again he surprised her!
Claire watched wordlessly as he ordered another bottle of wine for them to take away.
Not for him popping into an off licence; the man truly had class!

She giggled as he drew her with him to the entrance of the restaurant and watched as he paid and was duly given the bottle he had requested.
This was a different Glen, a Glen who was suave and confident and so at ease and in control. And yet as he turned and smiled at her, he was still one and the same Glen that she found fascinating, mesmerising and so much fun to be with.

The car was brought round for them and she slid into the passenger seat. Soon they were on their way, but where to, she could not guess.

"There is this very nice little spot, I think you know it very well, you met Elron there."

They were going to the park, a place she loved and had often spent time in.

"I know for a fact that if you bend the rules a bit, you can actually park on the grass and look up at the sky with very little ambient light to restrict your view."

She chuckled.

" ... bend the rules a bit?"

She echoed.

"Don't tell me you know someone there as well who will turn a blind eye no matter what you do the grass verges?"

She queried.

"You are really amazing Glen ... "

The compliment fell from her lips before she could stop it. Blushing she laughed, but did not attempt to retract her statement.

" ... consider this girl more than impressed."

She clarified softly.
 
He smiled,

"No I do not know anybody, that is why I'll be bending rules by driving on to the grass and to the secure spot where we could sit and not be disturbed by anybody...well kind of."

He grinned,

"It's all the illicit fun that will make it so much fun, of course that is just the basis of it all."
 
"No I do not know anybody, that is why I'll be bending rules by driving on to the grass and to the secure spot where we could sit and not be disturbed by anybody...well kind of."

She laughed at his sense of mischief.

"It's all the illicit fun that will make it so much fun, of course that is just the basis of it all."

The idea of rule breaking did appeal to her as did the prospect of 'illicit fun'.

"Maybe you should text Elron just in case we both get arrested?"

She suggested.

"Not that he'd approve of us defiling his precious park..."

She laughed carried along by the sheer fun of it.
 
He laughed,

"Oh there will be very little defiling, only a few crushed blades of grass..."

He looked slyly at her,

"Of course you do tend to place ideas in my head, that could become dangerous."

He winked at her, then he focused back on the road,

"Of course there is just one little problem, I have no problem with opening the bottle, the slight problem is that we will have to share the bottle as I have no cup nor glass in the car."
 
"Oh there will be very little defiling, only a few crushed blades of grass..."

His haste to reassure her amused Claire.

"Of course you do tend to place ideas in my head, that could become dangerous."

She laughed at his suggestive wink.

" ... but you always knew I was dangerous... "

She bantered, though did not give head space to thinking about the real danger which her circumstances brought with her. That was not a concern for tonight.

"Of course there is just one little problem, I have no problem with opening the bottle, the slight problem is that we will have to share the bottle as I have no cup nor glass in the car."

She laughed.

" ... classy ... but I have no problems sharing ... do you?"

She challenged.
 
He chuckled as he maneuvered the night traffic,

"Not at all, I have no problem sharing a bottle, fact is there is not much that I would not like to share with you."

He gave her a smile,

"You remember that sword I joked to bring along to prevent amorous men to swamp you?"

He reached down beside his seat and withdrew a rather wicked looking bola machete,

"There were a few times that I did think to come get it, especially when we danced."

He slipped the machete back into place,

"You really attracted a lot of attention of some very powerful people tonight."

He chuckled,

"I am just glad that you're with me, I know it might sound silly as we barely know each other, but it means a lot to me that I can be myself with somebody."

He pulled a face,

"Other than Elron that is, he is not exactly my type."
 
"Not at all, I have no problem sharing a bottle, fact is there is not much that I would not like to share with you."

Claire met his smile. He had shared so much with her already, not least his own home which he had generously offered up to her.

"You remember that sword I joked to bring along to prevent amorous men to swamp you?"

She looked shocked as he reached down and showed her the machete.

"God, Glen, is that real!?"

She exclaimed as he held the lethal looking weapon.

"There were a few times that I did think to come get it, especially when we danced."

She laughed at his outrageous compliment, though was glad to see it being stowed safely once more.

"You really attracted a lot of attention of some very powerful people tonight."

She laughed with him, but shrugged dismissively.

"I wasn't out to impress powerful people, Glen,"

She told him.

" ... just you ... "

And in his way, Glen was 'powerful' at least as far as their little part of theatre world was concerned and besides, it wasn't his 'power' she was attracted to.

"I am just glad that you're with me, I know it might sound silly as we barely know each other, but it means a lot to me that I can be myself with somebody."

"Other than Elron that is, he is not exactly my type."


She burst out laughing at that.

" ... and we were so close to having a maison a trois!"

She feigned disappointment.

"My dad always spoke disparagingly about 'theatre types'.
It's a real disappointment to find out that the stereotypes are pure myth."


She gave a dramatic sigh, then could not resist turning a soft smile in his direction.

"Though for my part ... 'theatre types' have far exceeded my expectations, especially present company included ... "

Her eyes locked with his as he drove. She couldn't remember when she had ever had such a good time.

" ... and it works both ways Glen. I love that I can be me with you ... "
 
"Oh yes it's a very real machete, well to be honest it's a real prop, it doesn't have a steel blade, more a light aluminum, swung hard enough it should leave a nice dent to the scalp, but otherwise it's pretty harmless and will be pretty useless afterwards."

He took her hand in his own and gave it a squeeze,

"At least we feel the same about eachother, that is a good thing, a very good basis to start any relationship on."

He winked at her,

"Now let's see if we can get this car over the curb."

And strangely enough the car did get over the curb, it even drove through the trees and over the grass like it was made for it. He parked the car in the open space between the trees and looked around,

"Looks like we will be all alone out here."
 
"Oh yes it's a very real machete, well to be honest it's a real prop,..."

She laughed at how quickly he changed his story.

" ... it doesn't have a steel blade, more a light aluminum, swung hard enough it should leave a nice dent to the scalp, but otherwise it's pretty harmless and will be pretty useless afterwards."

Only Glen could carry around a prop in his car! His hand found hers, the light squeeze touchingly affectionate. She turned her head towards him and met his smile with one of her own.

"At least we feel the same about each other, that is a good thing, a very good basis to start any relationship on."

She nodded, beneath all the play and banter, it had become clear that evening that they did share the same feelings and the prospect of a relationship with him thrilled her.

"The best basis for us,"

She confirmed softly.

"Now let's see if we can get this car over the curb."

Sincere and intense to playful and provoking, Claire exclaimed as the car mounted the curb and headed over grass and through trees.

"I can't believe you're really doing this.... "

She laughed as he steered the car carefully and drew to a halt.

"Looks like we will be all alone out here."

She giggled.

"Well, we would be,"

She responded. It was highly unlikely anyone else had taken it upon themselves to do the same in the same place at the same time.

"It's nice to be alone, though,"

She told him, though of course they spent much time with just the two of them 'at home', but this was still different. It was so dark, so still and somehow so intimate ...
 
He gave her a smile,

"Let's go stargazing, I can't be sitting her looking the whole night at a pretty lady."

He got out, taking the bottle of wine with him and looked back into the car,

"And do take off those shoes, time for you to feel some fresh grass under them toes."

He grinned as he reached into the back and withdrew a light knee blanket. Opening the blanket he spread it out on the bonnet of the car and then taking his own advice, he slipped out of his shoes and socks. He moved around the car to where Claire stood and gave her a mischievous grin,

"I think now would be the opportune moment to see if you can run fair maiden."
 
"Let's go stargazing, I can't be sitting her looking the whole night at a pretty lady."

Claire smiled and responded playfully.

" ... can't you ...?"

But she moved happily along with him as Glen grabbed the wine and carried it with him as they left the car.

"And do take off those shoes, time for you to feel some fresh grass under them toes."

She looked down at her pristine heels and back at him, her expression somewhat bemused as she watched him spread out a blanket on the top of the bonnet and then take off his own shoes and socks.

"I think now would be the opportune moment to see if you can run fair maiden."

She laughed and shook her head.

"Glen, you're crazy ... you do realise I'm wearing stockings...?!"

She questioned, blushing as soon as the words were out.

"Are you seriously expecting me to remove them just so's you can chase me around the grass?"

She was incredulous, but laughing. She knew well enough that nothing was beyond the realms of possibility when it came to Glen.
 
He grinned widely now,

"Well who said that was not my idea in the first place? Chase you around, catch you and tickle you until I am promised a kiss for compensation of catching you?"

He wiggled his fingers,

"Or we can just start now until you do get out of them shoes."
 

"Well who said that was not my idea in the first place? Chase you around, catch you and tickle you until I am promised a kiss for compensation of catching you?"


He seemed more than amused at her dilemma and set upon teasing her.

"Or we can just start now until you do get out of them shoes."

Claire giggled and stepped backwards, evading his grasp as she shook her head.

"Oh no Mr Cain. You do not want your Juliet with a turned ankle!"

She scolded.

"But neither am I going to ruin these stockings... "

She grinned at him and ducked past him towards the bonnet of the car as she attempted to hike herself up onto the bonnet.

"Ground rules ... you can do what you like to me, but the shoes and stockings go safely into the car first?"

She bartered, more than aware of the suggestive nature of her words ...
 
He followed her easily and as she attempted to get on to the bonnet and barter with him, he closed on her, his hands rested on her hips for a short moment as he helped her on to the bonnet and then he stepped close, stopping just an inch away from her. He looked her in the eyes and a slow smile spread over his lips,

"The shoes and stockings can go safely into the car. I have no problem with that at all."

His hands which was resting on the bonnet slid to her legs, he stepped away slowly, his hands sliding on the outside of her thighs, then at her knees he slid both hands to her left leg, sliding his hand slowly down her leg and with a smile up at her, he took her shoe off. Instead of repeating the motion he just waited for her to lift her foot and removed the shoe as well,

"I think I will leave the stockings in your capable hands."
 
Claire giggled and Glen helped her up onto the car bonnet. The action bringing them in close proximity to each other.

"The shoes and stockings can go safely into the car. I have no problem with that at all."

Claire smiled and nodded; terms had been agreed. Her eyes widened as Glen's hands slid downwards from her thighs, to her knee and then to her foot. His touch was light, but sent electric sparks through her body even so. His eyes met hers as he moved to her black heels and eased one of them off her foot. A pause as she raised the second shoe which he too assisted her with.

"I think I will leave the stockings in your capable hands."

She gave a mock pout, not certain herself is she was relieved or disappointed. Yet she gave him no time to change his mind. Easing back on the bonnet, her hands moved to her legs, easing up the skirt until she could capture the lace top which clung to the top of her thighs leaving just the smallest expanse of flesh between her stockings and panties. Sure not to expose herself indecently, she did offer Glen a glimpse of the clinging lace top before she captured it and slowly began to peel it down her leg, past her thighs, over her knees and then down to her foot. Carefully she eased it free of her foot and ensured that the fine fabric was carefully gathered and stowed it in one of her shoes.

"Sure you don't want to help me with the other one?"

She teased as her hands lifted to remove the second stocking ...
 
He smiled and gently caressed the naked skin of her leg with his fingertips,

"I am very certain."

The reason was plain, he knew himself and he knew how far his self-control could stretch and though he had no illusions as to how far this teasing would go and what the result would be in the end, he doubted that that result should be the end of their first date. Of course being male, he also did want their first date to end that way, but he also kept in mind who Claire was and he also kept his feelings for her in mind. The situation was not right, nor was the location, he waited for her to remove the other stocking and deposit it in her shoe, then without warning he moved close, capturing her lips with his own and kissed her soundly, he only relinquished the kiss when he could feel his own blood pounding in his ears. He managed a smile,

"I'll mark that down as collateral in the case I can't tickle you enough."
 
She shivered as Glen's fingers stroked her naked leg.

"I am very certain."

He told her with soft resolution. Undeterred, Claire eased the second stocking down and deposited it in her shoe as promised, yet his unexpected kiss took her totally by surprise. His lips captured hers, the shoe dropped somewhere, though she paid no heed to its fate. All she could think of was the firm and insistent press of his lips on hers and her own response as she returned the kiss with equal heat only to be left dazed when Glen eventually pulled away.

"I'll mark that down as collateral in the case I can't tickle you enough."


Claire gave a breathless laugh.

"That's one way of describing it ... "

She told him raggedly.

"So .. star gazing... grass walking ... or ...?"

She wondered if he truly intended to tickle her as he had threatened to ...
 
He retrieved her shoe from where it had dropped and deposited the shoes in the car, it gave him time to regain his composure,

"Well I take option E, all of the above."

He grinned and stepped closer to her, his hands seemingly unable to resist touching the velvety smooth skin of her legs,

"So shall I threaten you to make you run? You do know that the hunt has no thrill without a slight amount of chasing?"
 
He seemed to be considering her questions as he took her shoes with the stockings and put them in the car.

"Well I take option E, all of the above."

Claire watched Glen return to her, the casual way he touched her leg thrilling her.

"So shall I threaten you to make you run?
You do know that the hunt has no thrill without a slight amount of chasing?"


She laughed at his question and looked out into the darkness. There was plenty of grass, groups of bushes and clumps of trees, mentally already planning a possible route. The place seemed deserted and hopefully no hidden hazards, after all this was a park rather than wild woodland.

"If that's the game you want to play, then you can do your best to make me run ... but you have to give me a start ... and of course pay a forfeit if you fail to catch me ... "

She told him playfully.
 
He chuckled,

"Allright, if I do fail to catch you, what would the forfeit be?"

He rested his hands on the bonnet next to her exposed legs, the insides of his wrists resting against the silky skin, sending tiny prickles to his hands and up his arms. He kept close to her, only to look at her, making out her face in the soft light of the stars and sliver of moon.
 
"Allright, if I do fail to catch you, what would the forfeit be?"

He seemed amused by her terms and Claire considered seriously before responding.

"You teach me to ride your bike ... "

She told him with a sassy grin, then amended her demands to a more reasonable offer.

" ... one biking lesson ... so I can take you for a ride ... "

She quipped with a laugh.
 
He chuckled,

"I'll give you lessons until you can ride, I will then set you up for a license and we can see if I am a good teacher."

He stepped away from her and motioned to the open grass,

"I will give you ten seconds head start."

He grinned at her,

"Better make it count, I am a fiendish tickler, oh and now you have only eight seconds left."
 
"I'll give you lessons until you can ride, I will then set you up for a license and we can see if I am a good teacher."

His offer was beyond what she could have expected ... but she still had to evade him in order to get him to 'pay' that forfeit. And she had to admit to herself that she thought that unlikely, though she would give it her best shot.

She watched as he stepped away from her.

"I will give you ten seconds head start."

He gestured out across the grass. He obviously expected her to make a run for it!

"Better make it count, I am a fiendish tickler, oh and now you have only eight seconds left."

There was no time to reason as to how crazy this was. With a laugh she slid as carefully as she could from the bonnet of the car, almost landing in a heap as her bare feet hit the floor. A quick glance around and she tore off over the grass, trying to asses which direction would give her more cover, more opportunity to dodge and hide. She headed off towards the bushes. She did not want to ruin her dress by having the branches tearing at her, but biking lessons were at stake, so she would do what was needed to evade capture.
 
He counted and then when he got to three,

"Three...Two...One!"

By then she had reached the half-way mark to her destination and he set off after her, allowing the sound of her passage to guide him when he lost sight of her, making sure to allow her not into reckless running, but also giving her a good chase. He noticed that she seemed to follow a pattern and kept with it, how fun that was. He plunged out of the bushes, cut into her path and just as she came zagging back, he caught up with her and caught her up in his arms. They were both out of breath, but she did wriggle to escape him, such a good sport she was! To prevent her escape, he pushed her up against a tree, careful not to hurt her, but keeping her prisoner, after a few moments he started to tickle her sides,

"Gotcha!"
 
Back
Top