How Many Days Until Spring

Winter has yet to arrive here at 4000ft / 1200m in California's central Sierra Nevada range. No blizzards or hard freezes; nothing much more than warm rain so far. Heavier weather may descend in a few weeks. Deer in our little meadow are getting frisky, thinking spring approaches. Bears are apparently seeking easier targets downhill.

Spring? Maybe in a couple months.

I just want it to be consistent. 60 today, going down to 20 tonight. Makes it difficult to plan a wardrobe, yanno?

Too many...

61d11b0bd0e9a481e305cc796270b9a3f48dce988b2080b51db8ebfa1799c951_1.gif

LIG is still under the weather, but he assures me that in 64 days, it will be spring.

We're supposed to get the season's first snow tomorrow, just a smattering, but I'll mark that as the start of winter in these mountains. Spring starts in a couple months maybe.

60 days to go.

Thanks for checking in on the thread as I recuperated. The flu is no joke. I've resisted getting flu shots, but it looks like its going to be an annual tradition, starting next year.

59 days to go.

And it may actually get up to 59 degrees around these parts today....not that it wont drop back to the 20s and 30s within 24-48 hours. But hey, we take what we can get.

54 days to go....

The Super Bowl is usually in a warm weather city so that all the build up the week before can happen in tropical temps.

This year the Super Bowl is in Minnesota. I doubt if many people will enjoy the game in their shiny new stadium if they all freeze to death the week before.

:rolleyes:

53 days....

My morning radio weather woman said this weekend will be mild, but she's watching out for a chance of snow next Tuesday.

Gonna work on whipping up my 'no snow' magic spell.

52 days.....

Spring like conditions here in my part of the Eastern USA today....we'll see how long that lasts.

Back