Rejected story.

NinaCroc

Virgin
Joined
Sep 22, 2017
Posts
1
I need help understanding why my story was rejected twice for spelling errors, even when I checked to make sure everything was okay. I've read a few stories from here and some of the words we're mmispelled but they were published. I just have no clue what is going on.
 
The "spelling" rejection is a general "grammar" rejection. Unless things have changed, it also mentions other things.

The most common cause of this rejection is punctuation in dialogue. Check to make sure your punctuation marks are inside the quotation marks.
 
Can you post two or three paragraphs of your story so we can help find what the problem is?
 
I need help understanding why my story was rejected twice for spelling errors, even when I checked to make sure everything was okay. I've read a few stories from here and some of the words we're mmispelled but they were published. I just have no clue what is going on.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.
 
I agree with Darkniciad - it's probably punctuation grammar errors. I had similar problems on my last story. Whispersecret has a great "How To" post on punctuation grammar. While I encourage you to read the entire post here's a summary from Whispersecret's lesson that I use when writing as a quick reference for the most common issues:

Rule 1. Quotation marks bracket the exact words the character is saying.
Rule 2. If your quotation comes before the tag, the comma goes inside the quotation marks.
"Your cock can't possibly be nine inches long," the doctor said.
Rule 3. If your tag comes first, the comma is outside of the quotation marks and after the tag.
Rule 4. If your tag comes first, capitalize the first word that is uttered by the character.
Rule 5. If your tag comes first, the ending mark for the sentence goes inside the quotation marks.
Larry said, "Her tits were like cannonballs."
Rule 6. If your character is asking a question or exclaiming something, the ending mark goes inside the quotation marks. If the tag follows the quote, you need to add a period.
"How many shaved pussies have you licked?" he asked.
She asked him candidly, "Will you fuck me?"
Rule 7. If you put the tag in the middle of a quote, you can attach it to the first quote or the second. Follow the other rules for adding punctuation. Make sure each sentence has its own ending mark.
"I can't believe it," he said with a grin. "I actually saw her panties."
"I can't believe it." He said with a grin, “I actually saw her panties!"
Rule 8. Each time someone new speaks you start a new paragraph (double indent).
Rule 9. If one character has a long speech that stretches over more than one paragraph, you only need the closing quotation marks at the end of the last paragraph.

Good Luck!
 
Back
Top