Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #51
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist
 
KimGordon67's Avatar
 
KimGordon67 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: A little island in a big ocean
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
But how do you separate the lambs from the sheep and from the wolves when none of them have any proof of identity?

Those that are really 'genuine' are likely to have claimed refugee status. Some of them are waiting for a decision on their claim and are stuck until the decision. But they are likely to be in shelters provided by the French authorities, not in the camps.

There are ways out of the situation if the 'refugees' are prepared to cooperate even minimally with the French authorities.

There are no ways out for those on the Greek islands, in Lebanon, in Jordan. There even fewer chances in Yemen and for the Rohinja now in Bangladesh.
You don't separate them - you just feed them all.
Anything else is adhering to the same logic people use for dismantling welfare on the basis that some people are rorting the system.

Please stop schooling me on the global refugee crisis. I'm aware of that. Again, it's a flawed logic - basically you're saying don't help anyone until you locate the apex of need. If you want to start a thread seeking help for the Rohingya, by all means do. I'd totally support it.
__________________
They went down to the river on a warm summer night.
The air was thick with the smell of
temptation.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #52
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is online now
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 38,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
You don't separate them - you just feed them all.
Anything else is adhering to the same logic people use for dismantling welfare on the basis that some people are rorting the system.

Please stop schooling me on the global refugee crisis. I'm aware of that. Again, it's a flawed logic - basically you're saying don't help anyone until you locate the apex of need. If you want to start a thread seeking help for the Rohingya, by all means do. I'd totally support it.
I'm not saying don't help them but they don't need any more help. They get too much for their needs. What they want is to get to England. Anything else is irrelevant. They don't want any more media teams descending on them.

They do get fed - all of them. There are many charities active in Northern France working with these groups. Some are French, several are British.

Edited to add: So much clothing has been donated to the 'refugees' that tons of good stuff had to be thrown away. Some people driving from the UK to bring clothing, tents and food were turned away by the 'refugees' themselves.

PPS. I'm not schooling you except about your obvious misunderstandings of the situation in Northern France. The 'refugees' there are not short of help and assistance. They don't need money except to pay the people smugglers. They don't need food. They don't need clothing. They don't need medical attention. Even their pets get monitored by vets. They even get legal advice on how to change their status. All they want is to get to England - illegally.
__________________


My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Last edited by oggbashan : 01-16-2018 at 05:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #53
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist
 
KimGordon67's Avatar
 
KimGordon67 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: A little island in a big ocean
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
I'm not saying don't help them but they don't need any more help. They get too much for their needs. What they want is to get to England. Anything else is irrelevant. They don't want any more media teams descending on them.

They do get fed - all of them. There are many charities active in Northern France working with these groups. Some are French, several are British.

Edited to add: So much clothing has been donated to the 'refugees' that tons of good stuff had to be thrown away. Some people driving from the UK to bring clothing, tents and food were turned away by the 'refugees' themselves.
I know some of the people running this endeavour. They"ve been there something like three years. I think they probably know whether their vonuntary labour is needed or not. Possibly they're one of the charities you're talking about. I just happen to like their grass roots approach.

If people don't need clothes or tents, we can't force them to take them just so we feel better. If people want to help, they should check first to see what's actually helpful.
__________________
They went down to the river on a warm summer night.
The air was thick with the smell of
temptation.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #54
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is online now
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 38,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
...

If people want to help, they should check first to see what's actually helpful.
Exactly. And the only help that is really wanted is a journey to England.
__________________


My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2018, 07:00 PM   #55
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is online now
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 38,335
President Macron of France visited the Calais 'refugees' today. He emphasised the need for the 'refugees' to register as refugees.

But his main purpose was to ask for more money from the UK. The UK has already given France 100 million pounds for border controls, security at the port and Eurotunnel AND assistance to process the refugees. How much more should we pay?
__________________


My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.