The Clinic ~ Ask me anything, I'm a nurse.

fuckmeat

That all you got?
Update 20th Oct 2010

So... basically I'm not actually a nurse any more. In short, I had health issues that made my Occupational Health dept squeal. I dealt badly with those issues and now have no nursing registration. I could maybe go back in years to come but I've basically sabotaged my career. Losing my Mistress to leukaemia this year was really hard and I now have no house or job either. Had something of a nervous breakdown.

But hey, only way is up right?

So yeah, if anybody still wants advice from me, please note the following: -

I've been receiving LOADS of pms from people seeking advice, so much so that I feel overwhelmed. It's making me reluctant to keep going with this clinic thread, which would be a shame (I hope). So I am hereby decreeing that if you want my advice you should post on this thread. Anything I have no insight on someone else will no doubt be able to help with. Anyone who's that paranoid about their privacy or how their (um... anonymous) Lit persona is perceived can just create a temporary alternate account. Sorry guys but that's the way it has to be now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It strikes me that there are a lot of threads posted here about problems that are more medical than sexual. People don't like to discuss sexual issues with healthcare professionals and I feel I could help with that. I'm bisexual, kinky, wired for polygamy and if you combine that life experience with my professional training, I feel that I could be useful to people around here.

So if you have a medical issue that you don't feel merits a whole thread topic, feel free to ask me here. Perhaps you just want reassurance that something's not a serious problem, or confirmation that you need to bite the bullet and talk to your doctor. I can also answer queries about pretty much all the stuff listed below and more besides.

Obviously, I'm a nurse, not a doctor. I will advise you to the best of my ability but there is a real limit to how much insight I can offer via an anonymous forum like this. if you have any serious health concern, you should talk directly to a doctor or medical professional.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to PM me rather than post here, that's also fine.

Information Resource Categories Click on a category to view a more specific list of topics.

Contraception

Women's Health

Men's Health

Teenage Health

Infections and STDs

Genito-urinary/Kidney

Gut/Stomach/Bowel

Diabetes and Hormones

A wider range of information leaflets can be found here.

Last edited:
THANK HEAVENS FOR THIS THREAD!!!!

Great idea Fuckmeat (lolll still love that name!). Sorry, though, I don't really have anything to report :S. Just thought it was a great idea!

Wow. Thanks guys. :eek:

I know I'm not really a HT regular or anything but hopefully that'll change. RL has been crap lately and I've stuck to SRPs for escapism but I enjoy hanging out here.

So, one of my first PM patients has given me kind permission to quote his problem here, to demonstrate the kind of advice I can give. Big thanks to him. :rose:

Confidential said:
I am a 30 year old guy in generally good health, in shape low blood pressure low BMI eat very healthy gym/yoga regularly. Unfortunately I got a nasty case of poison ivy a week ago mostly on my arms which sucks but is manageable. However not long after beginning to itch I noticed some bumps on other areas of my body worst my balls. Now a week after the initial poison ivy infection I still have large blisters on my arms but itches appearing other places. I have been on prednisone for nearly a week for this. So I am wondering is it possible that some other infection I know I have type 1 HSV is now taking over and shooting through my body either as response to poison ivy or the immunosuppression caused by the prednisone. Thanks I really hope you can help me I am nervous and haven't been able to touch my wife for a week in fear of transmitting something bad.

To which I was able to respond...

A week is a very long time to be affected like this by contact with a plant. I'd say that either an infection has been introduced because of your broken skin/blisters or something latent has reared its head. HSV1 sounds like a likely candidate to me but I'm not a doctor.

Prednisone is a steroid prescribed to combat the effects of allergic reactions. It will do nothing for your HSV1. It sounds to me like you may need a course of antivirals just to ensure you're not flaring up with the HSV1. If the antivirals have no effect, then you may just be having an extreme allergic response to the poison ivy.

Have you tried a topical hydrocortisone/steroid cream? You should go easy on it as you're taking steroids orally but if you put some on a small patch and your itches/blisters improve there, that would suggest that your problems are purely allergic. If that's the case, you might need some antihistamines to calm down your allergic reaction. Don't just buy over the counter though, go back to your Dr, raise your concerns about HSV1 and explain that the steroids aren't working.

So either way, looks like you're going to need to go back to your doctor. As you say, you have your wife to consider. I am afraid I strongly agree that you should avoid sexual contact with her until this is straightened out. If the doctor has any doubt about whether your HSV1 is active or not a diagnostic swab taken from a lanced blister should clear up any ambiguity, so don't be afraid to ask for one to set your mind at rest.

In the meantime you could use some calamine lotion. It's not a curative treatment but it will help ease your itching and keep you from spreading this around your body by scratching. It's also a mild antiseptic, which couldn't hurt. Incidentally, if you must scratch, try to wash your hands afterwards until an infection has been ruled out. That way you'll help avoid passing it on. If you must drain blisters, use a disinfected pin to lance the blister and then press some cotton wool/gauze on it to drain it slowly and gently through the pinpricked hole. That way the blister remains covered by skin, is less infectious and will heal faster.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I hope you're better soon.

How safe are enemas? Any precautions?

I'm going to assume you're talking about an anal douche here, rather than the more invasive enemas used for colonic irrigation. A douche should be more than sufficient to prepare for anal play. You can also buy laxative suppositories, which are far less invasive. They won't cleanse in the way that a douche will but they will stimulate bowel movement and excretion, clearing the path for anal play if you're fluid bonded, not too fastidious and planning to wear a condom.

Enemas/douches are fairly safe if you're strict about hygiene and don't use them too often. I would suggest that once or twice a month is about as regularly as you can use one and expect your bowel's health to remain balanced. Frequent use can cause electrolyte imbalance and irritate the delicate bowel tissue, causing unpleasant symptoms. In rare cases the bowel can be ruptured, causing internal bleeding. Internal bleeding will leave you at far greater risk of infections from intestinal bacteria and faecal matter, not to mention contracting STDs from a sexual partner. If you have significantly darker stool than usual after using an enema, this can indicate internal rupture/bleeding and you should seek medical attention immediately.

Most pre-filled home enemas/douches contain a saline solution, which is basically salt water. I would strongly advise against buying a refillable kit because there is no way you can ensure the sterility of the kit or its contents. You should never add any kind of cleansing product to an enema solution. Wash your hands carefully and also the backside receiving the enema. You should lie on your back or your right side. The solution should be room temperature when administered. Do not allow the nozzle or tubing to touch anything before being inserted. I would advise against using a lubricant with a local anaesthetic because if you damage yourself, you need to know about it. You should hang/raise the solution above waist height and let gravity gently administer the enema, don't ever squeeze the bag. Give yourself time to void your bowel in the bathroom, don't try to force excretion and wait two hours before engaging in sexual activity.

It is important to keep in mind that using an enema will void the food you ate 48hours ago, so fasting on the day you plan to use one will avail you nothing. When you use an enema not only do you clean out the faeces, but you also clean out necessary bacteria and secretions that facilitate peristalsis (the back and forth movement of the gut that maximises nutrient absorption). If you habitually use enemas/douches with an unhealthy frequency it becomes harder for the bacteria to grow back and for the secretions to be produced. This means that in the long term, your body can end up depending on enema use to facilitate excretion. If you feel washed out after using an enema take some diarrhoea salts and drink plenty of water. You should also consider taking probiotics to replace your intestinal bacteria.

For obvious reasons, recreational enemas should not be used by people with diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, haemorrhoids or irritable bowel syndrome.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume you're talking about an anal douche here, rather than the more invasive enemas used for colonic irrigation. A douche should be more than sufficient to prepare for anal play. You can also buy laxative suppositories, which are far less invasive. They won't cleanse in the way that a douche will but they will stimulate bowel movement and excretion, clearing the path for anal play if you're fluid bonded, not too fastidious and planning to wear a condom.

Enemas/douches are fairly safe if you're strict about hygiene and don't use them too often. I would suggest that once or twice a month is about as regularly as you can use one and expect your bowel's health to remain balanced. Frequent use can cause electrolyte imbalance and irritate the delicate bowel tissue, causing unpleasant symptoms. In rare cases the bowel can be ruptured, causing internal bleeding. Internal bleeding will leave you at far greater risk of infections from intestinal bacteria and faecal matter, not to mention contracting STDs from a sexual partner. If you have significantly darker stool than usual after using an enema, this can indicate internal rupture/bleeding and you should seek medical attention immediately.

Most pre-filled home enemas/douches contain a saline solution, which is basically salt water. I would strongly advise against buying a refillable kit because there is no way you can ensure the sterility of the kit or its contents. You should never add any kind of cleansing product to an enema solution. Wash your hands carefully and also the backside receiving the enema. You should lie on your back or your right side. The solution should be room temperature when administered. Do not allow the nozzle or tubing to touch anything before being inserted. I would advise against using a lubricant with a local anaesthetic because if you damage yourself, you need to know about it. You should hang/raise the solution above waist height and let gravity gently administer the enema, don't ever squeeze the bag. Give yourself time to void your bowel in the bathroom, don't try to force excretion and wait two hours before engaging in sexual activity.

It is important to keep in mind that using an enema will void the food you ate 48hours ago, so fasting on the day you plan to use one will avail you nothing. When you use an enema not only do you clean out the faeces, but you also clean out necessary bacteria and secretions that facilitate peristalsis (the back and forth movement of the gut that maximises nutrient absorption). If you habitually use enemas/douches with an unhealthy frequency it becomes harder for the bacteria to grow back and for the secretions to be produced. This means that in the long term, your body can end up depending on enema use to facilitate excretion. If you feel washed out after using an enema take some diarrhoea salts and drink plenty of water. You should also consider taking probiotics to replace your intestinal bacteria.

For obvious reasons, recreational enemas should not be used by people with diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, haemorrhoids or irritable bowel syndrome.

After giving myself an anal douch recently (and in the past during anal play) I've noticed some gooey substance has come out (not semen). What is that? Is it a sign somethings wrong?

And is tap water safe to use? I feel some discomfort in my butt for the rest of the day, but it's gone the next day. Is that to be expected?

Thanks very much. This is really great that you've done this.

After giving myself an anal douch recently (and in the past during anal play) I've noticed some gooey substance has come out (not semen). What is that? Is it a sign somethings wrong?

And is tap water safe to use? I feel some discomfort in my butt for the rest of the day, but it's gone the next day. Is that to be expected?

Thanks very much. This is really great that you've done this.

I would imagine it's residual water mixed with your bowel's own natural lubrication. It is possible to get thrush in the bowel from anal play, so if it looks similar to that you should maybe see a doctor.

You should use tap water that has been boiled and then left to cool, which kills most micro-organisms. You should also boil water in a clean pan on the hob or give some thought to when you last thoroughly cleaned and de-scaled your kettle. You should add just a little salt to it, to make it isotonic. Because the douche flushes out your bowel's secretions, after play your rectum is left dry and unlubricated. Faecal matter is still moved through it though, which causes the discomfort you describe.

And thanks for the props. I've had a few prank/stupid PMs but most people seem to like the idea of this thread.

Last edited:
Can I first just say

HelloNurse.jpg

Is ball stretching safe, and are there better ways to do it?
There are plenty of websites with info on it, and plenty of people relating their experiences, but none seem to be backed up by any medical knowledge.

(PS Love the AV. I so hope that's you in rubber. I know it's inappropriate to talk to your medical advisor in that way, but it's the voices in my head you know, they made me say it. ;) Now where did I leave my blazer with the extra long buckled sleeves?)

I have a diagnosed Hydrocell on my right testical.... can it turn into anything nasty?

One more

Last one I promise, I don't want to hijack this thread.

Is sounding safe? As a form of play I mean.

Last one I promise, I don't want to hijack this thread.

Is sounding safe? As a form of play I mean.

Sounding is a form of insertion so your main issues are hygiene/infection and trauma. Deciding how risky it is should therefore be common sense. I don't know enough about it myself to give an opinion on how best to mitigate the risk. There's a recent thread on it in the BDSM forum here. Although there's some dissent and bickering, the OP seems to know what he's talking about. You might want to contact radepor, as he's an enthusiast who has apparently survived such play.

Last edited:
I have a diagnosed Hydrocell on my right testical.... can it turn into anything nasty?

Ok, info leaflet on Hydrocele.

306.gif

If a hydrocele causes no symptoms, it's left alone. If however it becomes large enough to be a nuisance, treatment may be needed. It can be drained but will refill within a few months. Draining is obviously cheaper than surgery, and not everyone is willing to go under the knife. Surgery involves making a very small incision into the scrotum or lower abdominal wall. The passage between the abdomen and scrotum will be sealed off, preventing the hydrocele from refilling. This is a minor procedure and can be performed as a day case, requiring no overnight stay in hospital.

So basically, it depends on how much the inconvenience of having a hydrocele weighs up against the cost, risk and discomfort of surgery.

DO NOT EVER get tempted to try draining it yourself though, as that's a great way to get an infection or cause damage to your testicle and the last place you want complications to occur is your manhood. Even as a trained nurse I wouldn't touch something like that, it's too delicate an area to go poking with needles unless you're a specially trained doctor or surgeon.

Can I first just say

HelloNurse.jpg

Is ball stretching safe, and are there better ways to do it?
There are plenty of websites with info on it, and plenty of people relating their experiences, but none seem to be backed up by any medical knowledge.

(PS Love the AV. I so hope that's you in rubber. I know it's inappropriate to talk to your medical advisor in that way, but it's the voices in my head you know, they made me say it. ;) Now where did I leave my blazer with the extra long buckled sleeves?)

buckles him into his blazer and gives him a tranq shot

Thanks for the pic and the welcome. :rose:

I'm afraid I don't know anything about ball stretching. It would depend a lot on what you use, how much force is applied, how you go about it and how long they're stretched for. There are too many variables that I know nothing about. There are lots of threads about this over on BDSM Talk though, plus lifestylers who could answer a question like yours with medical risk in mind if you started a thread over there.

Last edited:
Ok, info leaflet on Hydrocele.

306.gif

If a hydrocele causes no symptoms, it's left alone. If however it becomes large enough to be a nuisance, treatment may be needed. It can be drained but will refill within a few months. Draining is obviously cheaper than surgery, and not everyone is willing to go under the knife. Surgery involves making a very small incision into the scrotum or lower abdominal wall. The passage between the abdomen and scrotum will be sealed off, preventing the hydrocele from refilling. This is a minor procedure and can be performed as a day case, requiring no overnight stay in hospital.

So basically, it depends on how much the inconvenience of having a hydrocele weighs up against the cost, risk and discomfort of surgery.

DO NOT EVER get tempted to try draining it yourself though, as that's a great way to get an infection or cause damage to your testicle and the last place you want complications to occur is your manhood. Even as a trained nurse I wouldn't touch something like that, it's too delicate an area to go poking with needles unless you're a specially trained doctor or surgeon.

Thanks for the info.... Do you know that is the bes tinformation I have received.

Thanks Again

Thanks for the info.... Do you know that is the bes tinformation I have received.

Thanks Again

Thanks hon, you're very welcome. Your hydrocele isn't going to turn into anything nasty. You should treat your tackle with a little more than the usual care and respect. And for goodness sake don't you get any ideas about ball stretching! But the only things that could possibly happen are trauma of some kind or an infection setting in for some reason, both of which are highly unlikely.

This has nothing to do with anything sexual or 'pubic', but I wanted to know, from a nurse's pov:

I've started smoking recently (marijuana... I Don't touch the cigarettes) and in the past 2 or 3 days, I've found I have difficulty breathing. I must add that I am REALLY out of shape (though I'm starting the gym again tomorrow, thank god!) and that I think I MAY be asthmatic.

What I want to know is: Would marijuana smoke really have that much of an impact in such little time? I thought cigarette smoke was supposed to be worse? Could it be that this might have to do with allergies (I know it's allergy season)

...thanks in advance! :D

This has nothing to do with anything sexual or 'pubic', but I wanted to know, from a nurse's pov:

I've started smoking recently (marijuana... I Don't touch the cigarettes) and in the past 2 or 3 days, I've found I have difficulty breathing. I must add that I am REALLY out of shape (though I'm starting the gym again tomorrow, thank god!) and that I think I MAY be asthmatic.

What I want to know is: Would marijuana smoke really have that much of an impact in such little time? I thought cigarette smoke was supposed to be worse? Could it be that this might have to do with allergies (I know it's allergy season)

...thanks in advance! :D

Hi Mac

If you suffer from hayfever then marijuana smoke is more likely to aggravate your lungs, mild asthma is also often triggered by allergies.

Some cardiovascular exercise couldn't hurt, obviously and pay attention to what you eat after smoking because you may be sabotaging your diet a bit. I'd suggest going to your Dr to have a peak flow meter reading taken, so that you can find out whether you have asthma. If you already take antihistamines and they aren't controlling your symptoms, ask your Dr about prescription only ones which are stronger.

But it basically comes down to common sense. If marijuana aggravates your lungs then you shouldn't smoke it. What's going to happen if you have an asthma attack when alone or among smokers who won't be in much of a state to help you? People often dismiss asthma as trivial but there's nothing trivial about asthma attacks, they're terrifying and without treatment any attack can prove fatal.

Lastly, do you have to smoke the stuff? How about baking some brownies or something instead?

Hi Mac

If you suffer from hayfever then marijuana smoke is more likely to aggravate your lungs, mild asthma is also often triggered by allergies.

Some cardiovascular exercise couldn't hurt, obviously and pay attention to what you eat after smoking because you may be sabotaging your diet a bit. I'd suggest going to your Dr to have a peak flow meter reading taken, so that you can find out whether you have asthma. If you already take antihistamines and they aren't controlling your symptoms, ask your Dr about prescription only ones which are stronger.

But it basically comes down to common sense. If marijuana aggravates your lungs then you shouldn't smoke it. What's going to happen if you have an asthma attack when alone or among smokers who won't be in much of a state to help you? People often dismiss asthma as trivial but there's nothing trivial about asthma attacks, they're terrifying and without treatment any attack can prove fatal.

Lastly, do you have to smoke the stuff? How about baking some brownies or something instead?

Baking brownies and muffins was my plan. I'm going up to my cottage this weekend and we're gonna' try that, only the preparations are long compared to just rolling a joint or smoking from the pipe. I know I used to have asthma as a toddler, then it went away. If it came back it's most probably due to lack of cardio-exercise.... which I'm gonna' start intensely starting today for at the very least a month.

And do I need to see a specialist to take a peak flow meter? Or can I just wake up a 6:30, stand in line outside for an hour and a half to get an appointment at 3 oclock and do it?

Here is a differant one.

What experiances have you had with insertions that have gone wrong, what excuses have you heard and how much do the Medical professionals laugh (as I know I would)

Thought I was going to have to go to A and E once myself in my younger years ( Girl friends at the time now wife) and I was experimenting with Prostate play! Lesson Learnt!

Back