Rules for non-con submissions

bumpercars

Really Experienced
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this sort of question:

Have the rules for story submissions in the nonconsent/reluctance category changed within the past few months?

I just had a story sent back because one character was asleep and could not enjoy the experience. I've had stories published before involving sleeping characters which have been published without issue, and it seems like this sort of objection is misplaced in that particular category.

Am I off-base or missing something here?

I'd be curious to know this myself. I don't think it's realistic for every character in that category to enjoy what is essentially rape (not that enjoyment on the part of the victim excuses a rapist, just that it seems to be a common theme). In fact, I think it's a little sick to require the person who doesn't fully consent to experience pleasure. I know Literotica is about fantasy, but I'd rather potential rapists not be deluded into thinking that deep down it's what the victim wants, or if their victim orgasms they're off the hook somehow.

Reading the thread traffic this last year, I've sensed a tightening up of the non-con rules, clamping down on rape and rapist stories. Whenever it's raised, writers say they've been asked to make sure the "eventual satisfaction" reluctance angle is clear, as opposed to straight non-consent/rape. This is my observation only, mind you, not quantified in any way.

Same here. It's actually been happening in other categories for some time in varying degrees, up to the total ban in Celeb & Fanfic. The threads on the forum of late certainly indicate that these stories are being scrutinized more carefully, in order to adhere to the rape fantasy not rapist fantasy core of the non-con guideline.

It may not be believable, but then again, neither are incest fantasies or 18 year-old virgins. You have to learn to live within the boundaries set by the site. If your story goes outside those boundaries, you'll have to find another venue for it.

Fortunately, unlike some other sites, submitting prohibited content only results in a rejection of that story. You're not going to be banned or blackballed.

Reading the thread traffic this last year, I've sensed a tightening up of the non-con rules, clamping down on rape and rapist stories. Whenever it's raised, writers say they've been asked to make sure the "eventual satisfaction" reluctance angle is clear, as opposed to straight non-consent/rape. This is my observation only, mind you, not quantified in any way.

. . .

It may not be believable, but then again, neither are . . . 18 year-old virgins.

I had a story just published about an 18 year old virgin and I don't think it is unbelievable. I was one. It depends on the time period, the culture, and the religious background or moral values of the individual.
I debated whether to categorize it as non-con but ending up opting for first time. I find, much like LW, there are "stalker" anonymous comment makers in non-con who object to the very idea of non-consent in the first place and are going to comment as such.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-doctor-is-in-14

Last edited:
I find, much like LW, there are "stalker" anonymous comment makers in non-con who object to the very idea of non-consent in the first place and are going to comment as such.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-doctor-is-in-14

I've received those sorts of comments before, and shrugged them off. I'm one of the authors who puts a disclaimer at the beginning of each non-con story reminding people that it's just a fantasy, so I felt like the line was drawn pretty clearly.

It just seems strange to me. The site is meant to be for fantasies, including those that would be wrong in real life - that's why it has incest and non-con sections in the first place.

I can tweak my stories to make them more acceptable to the mods, I just think that the greater restrictiveness is missing the point.

Really.

Blue ribbon site.

Sensorship.

Hmmm I'm going to have to rethink my subscription!

I had a story just published about an 18 year old virgin and I don't think it is unbelievable. I was one. It depends on the time period, the culture, and the religious background or moral values of the individual.

I've seen a WHO study that mapped the average age of first sex. In most of the western world the average age is 18, so around half of the 18-year-olds are still virgins. The age is lower in northern Europe. If I remember right, it was higher in parts of South America.

I debated whether to categorize it as non-con but ending up opting for first time. I find, much like LW, there are "stalker" anonymous comment makers in non-con who object to the very idea of non-consent in the first place and are going to comment as such.

Some of those out-of-place comments can come from people who pick the story off the new list or from a contest list without realizing the category. I've seen that happen on Romance stories.

From what Laurel has said, there have been large numbers of complaints coming in about incest and non-con — especially when it appears outside those specific categories. The protest has been strong enough for her to scrutinize stories that contain those themes a little more closely than in the past.

The loosely-defined rule has always said the 'victim' had to enjoy the experience in the end. Stories passed where that wasn't the case, and many of them will likely remain, ( unless reported and Laurel decides that they do go a little too far ) but going forward, the farther you stray from that, the more likely it is the story will be rejected.

You have to decide for yourself whether a particular story can fit within those constraints on Lit, or whether you should take it to another venue to remain true to your concept. There are plenty of alternatives, and plenty of authors who could pass along those locations via PM. You won't get even close to Lit's readership elsewhere, but if you can't meet the content guidelines for Lit on a story, even a reduced readership beats none.

If you want to let all your plot bunnies run free and unrestricted, you more or less have to cultivate a presence in other venues, in order to have a place to post them when they hop outside the boundaries here.

If you can tweak it and be satisfied with the result, though... Lit is where the most eyes are.

I've received those sorts of comments before, and shrugged them off. I'm one of the authors who puts a disclaimer at the beginning of each non-con story reminding people that it's just a fantasy, so I felt like the line was drawn pretty clearly.

It just seems strange to me. The site is meant to be for fantasies, including those that would be wrong in real life - that's why it has incest and non-con sections in the first place.

I can tweak my stories to make them more acceptable to the mods, I just think that the greater restrictiveness is missing the point.

[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Going a little off topic here (and by little I mean a lot)-

Who owns lit? Laurel? How is it run? Is it a hobby for her? It seems like it should generate a decent profit, but based on how far behind some of the tech is on here it doesn't seem like anyone takes the business side seriously.

Oh well, I still show up soooooo good for them.

Who owns lit? Laurel? How is it run? Is it a hobby for her? It seems like it should generate a decent profit, but based on how far behind some of the tech is on here it doesn't seem like anyone takes the business side seriously.

For the purposes of this discussion, I think we can assume that Laurel owns it.
What she does with her 'toys', including Lit is entirely Her Business.
Personally, I do not see it being a function of the readership to "take the business side seriously"; all we have to do is 'mind our Ps & Qs ' and keep mindful of a few rules.

Just a thought. . . .

Lit is definitely a business (things for sale equals profit) and even websites for small businesses are run by teams. The stories/submissions, forum, cams, toys, etc are all separate domains for the same website, which indicates (to me as a web developer) there is at least one team for IT (tech side) and one for development (design/content). It's not uncommon for sites to have third party developers, database managers, marketing teams, etc. Laurel may be the final authority to see that the content on Lit complies with whatever standards are in place by herself and any third party vendors she's contracted with.
I don't consider the business side, though I understand that by adhering to Lit's content, formatting, forum rules, etc, I am making it "easier" for this business to run.

[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lit is definitely a business (things for sale equals profit) and even websites for small businesses are run by teams. The stories/submissions, forum, cams, toys, etc are all separate domains for the same website, which indicates (to me as a web developer) there is at least one team for IT (tech side) and one for development (design/content). It's not uncommon for sites to have third party developers, database managers, marketing teams, etc. Laurel may be the final authority to see that the content on Lit complies with whatever standards are in place by herself and any third party vendors she's contracted with.
I don't consider the business side, though I understand that by adhering to Lit's content, formatting, forum rules, etc, I am making it "easier" for this business to run.

I'm sure that consultants and such are brought in for piecework on Lit. system changes (which always seem to be in bits and pieces and promised for decades before appearing in bits and pieces), but every indication I see is that this is a masking tape Manu/Laurel mom and pop store based on product provided to them for free.

I’ve got a non-con story about a transsexual raping a wimp that was rejected because he didn’t get any satisfaction from being raped. Surprise surprise! I’ve never heard of a rape victim, in real life, who ever got satisfaction from being raped.

I had to change the ending, although it was harmful to the story, to get it published. The alternative was bin it. I thing the ferocity and circumstances of the rape should be taken into account not just a black and white decision.

On the other hand if rape is in a story it must be essential to the plot and not put in purely to satisfy that section of readers that enjoy the thought of rape. Those that probably have a hatred of women in real life.

https://www.literotica.com/s/cherry-20

I dunno - I've never read a non-con story, but perhaps I should at least peruse the list of writers there, if only to find out who I should avoid like the plague.

I don't get my kicks from the unwilling.

Laural owns the site. Has owned the site. Her and Manu run it, they are the only admin. I'm not sure what exactly Manu does, as it seems she does almost everything, but they are the ones who manage the site, aside from the forums, which use unknown moderators, to which a few regular posters are, but you won't know who unless they state it, or actually do something.

Back