Fucked by big data

astuffedshirt_perv

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Posts
1,324
There is a trend afoot called big data, which (for this discussion) more or less purports to be able to predict things about you based on your browsing history. Google and Facebook and Amazon, for example, are using it to target ads to you. Earlier this year, Amazon filed "a 27-page patent for what Amazon.com calls "anticipatory" or "speculative" shipping, which sounds insane. "

Google Flu Trends uses aggregated Google search data to estimate flu activity.

To date (that I know of) big data based on browsing has been used for advertising, and as a developing field no one knows how accurate it could be. What if big data was used sexually?

The idea: someone figures out how to use your browsing history to predict your sexual and psychological bents. The most intriguing part is that you might not even know you have these fetishes. Perhaps big data can identify closeted gays, or closeted hetros for that matter. Perhaps it can say with certainty that you are an exhibitionist, even though you have never done anything like that. Maybe it can find submissives who have never been in that kind of relationship. Maybe it can identify a submerged, buring desire for BBC, etc.

Lets say that as part of their financial predictions, the data is used as a subcompartment at an investment bank, and the bankers then use the information to hire/have fun with interns. Or a hotel in Vegas, looking to provide customized service, gets the data and then some employees figure out how to use the data to fulfill the unknown sex fantasies of their unsuspecting guests, providing an endless chain of playmates.

What do you think?
 
That's an interesting concept. I guess the only difficulty would be getting them there and getting them to physically "own" their kink.

Although its not my kink I can see where this would provide a lot of blackmail stories as well.

You mentioned amazon, google etc....you should add the NSA:rolleyes:
 
Sounds like a lot of posts on the personals thread.

Snicker - go ahead.

Then think about it.

That post - supposed 19 year old girl into all sorts of nasty stuff - daddy. Begs you to go to kik, or Skype, or yim.

You download a picture, not realizing you are also downloading a software peer to peer agent.

Got your attention now, huh.

Yeah. Just pulling your leg. Really. Dave...
 
Sure Dave, why not. I doubt many of us have a clue how much personal information we leave behind when we surf or do a Google search or how many web sites use Google Analytics which gatherers huge amounts of information.

Even today and in the past several years when you look at a product on Amazon they will tell you "people who bought this also bought one of the 5 other displayed items .

Your local grocery and drug store know a huge amount about you. I use my "Saver Card to get the sale price so they record all of my purchases and send me targeted ads. The same with my Pharmacy although they are not as smart with targeted ads as the grocery store is.

So every time you swipe a card to pay or even enter a customer number to save money they are collecting data on your preferences.

So they not only know what you eat, what drugs you take (legal) but many of your sexual proclivities depending on your searches.

For your story idea, sure why not?
 
E-bay also does this and has been for years. They will see what you bid on and win and will send you daily e-mails featuring similar items.
 
There is a difference between a tracking cookie - which is what Amazon and others use and what I was alluding to in the prior post.

The tracking cookie can be removed - well, the legit ones. And yeah, it's all tied into data.

What I was suggesting was a more intelligent form of malware. An agent - small piece if code is first installed into the users machine. It calls 'home', and a rootkit is then installed.

Tie that into your big data concept. At first information is one way - after a certain tipping point your data simulacrum takes over...
 
Or - the software containing all that data becomes self aware. And it has this immense library of virtual people - all their secret needs, desires...

So it plays with them. And one day your virtual self wakes up, inside, alone - will it be heaven, hell, or a bit of both?
 
What I was suggesting was a more intelligent form of malware. An agent - small piece if code is first installed into the users machine. It calls 'home', and a rootkit is then installed..

Root kits are a real and powerful risk to computer users, and they are in use today against unwilling girls. See my earlier post from last year on just this topic Workable blackmail scheme

The big data idea works on the information people willingly give to corporations like google. The claim is that by analyzing your browsing history, they can predict very accurately what you will like. And if that can be used for product placement, then using it to detect sex kinks seems possible.

The owners of the data would have a definite advantage if they know the kinks of the other person and know how to fulfill them. Kind of like Bill Murray getting in Andie MacDowell's pants by the end of Groundhog Day, only without all the days prior.
 
Back
Top