Help with a story opening

FinleyReed

Virgin
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Posts
6
I have a story planned out but I just can't think of a believable way to give my main character the first push.

She is 24 years old, shy, smart, capable of being very attractive but doesn't really care much about personal style or makeup. She just graduated and got her first job. She never really messed around with anyone in high school or college and has only had one real boyfriend.

As she is starting her first real job she is thinking more and more about how she's an adult now and regretting not having more fun in the past.


Now, I need a good scenario where she hooks up with a stranger, preferably an attractive/confident guy in college. I feel like she wouldn't be the type to go to a college party, at least not unless someone dragged her. She also wouldn't just hook up with an attractive guy just because she could.

What makes sense?
 
In these types of a scenarios where the lead character is reserved, I like giving the character a female friend who has much different personality. They're close, and they confide in each other.

So maybe the lead character is on her lunch break with her new female co-worker. They get along great, and they tell each other everything.

Perhaps the friend begins talking about a party she's going to or whatever, or that she's just been in a date. The friend asks, "Why aren't you seeing anybody?" Or, "Want to come to party?"

The lead character is reserved, and the friend wants to know why. This opens up a dialogue in which the reader learns about the main character's personality, and it sets up the rest of the story.

Just a thought.
 
Well, this may not be what you're looking for, it's just how my brain is wired, but how about her job places you're heroin in a position of coming into contact with a much older man, say in his middle 50's, or even right at 60. Now, this man would be very handsome, athletic, and very sure of himself. She would be very taken by him, almost like a father figure.

But the man has a darker side, controlling, even sadistic. And he lures you're character into world she has never thought of. The sky's the limit, lesbian sex, interracial, multiple parnters, bondage, you name it.

I love the erotic horror, and there are many ways that theme could work, but that's probably not what you're looking for. I like the "fish out of water" scenarios. Make the heroin uncomfortable. Watch her try to navigate her way through the unknown.

Just some ideas.
 
Back
Top