Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is the 118th anniversary of the Wounded Knee massacre. The mere mention of it ( by Garrison Keillor on this morning's "Writer's Almanac" ) served to start the day off on the wrong foot. It is unquestionably important to remember the event.

Three hundred men, women and children of the Hunkpapa and Minneconjou Sioux were indiscriminately slain.

Dee Brown's Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee was one of those handful of books that has had a deep effect on the American psyche. That's not to say that it altered anything but it did, at least, promote a wider knowledge of a sorry chapter in American history.

Last edited:
I am not going back to read that post, I am not going back to read that post, I am not going back to read that post.:rolleyes:

OK, since you're not going back, let me tell you all about it now then. There's this friend of ours who is going to milk his cat...

:cool:

I'm in the mood to buy myself presents.

(Yes, that was a blurt -- in addition to a mood.)
I think there should be a special shopping district just for you, Imp. About ten miles from your house so you have just enough time to get excited about it, but not so much that you don't feel like going. And there would be every kind of store you love.
I like thinking of you having that. It makes me happy and I'm not even the one who would get to shop there!

OK, since you're not going back, let me tell you all about it now then. There's this friend of ours who is going to milk his cat...

:cool:
Okay, you have now made me squeak-laugh about twenty-five different ways in the last 12 hours.

Maybe the cat lactation should be combined to form one word: catactation.
Or something. The K with a kitty breast pump. God save us all.

Gawd. I need a new AV. :rolleyes:
Emo girl!!!!!! ;)

Please don't. *washes brain out with bleach*
You can't DO that, you need to be interned so you can get out of school and snag a superdelic job (which you will take away from a white American because you are so friggin' awesome and they can't resist the Hyd goodness) and then just set the wholllllllle world on fire. Gawd.

Or you could just stay home and think about cat breasts...

I hate you.
You see how that worked? One whole, long sentence (complete with parenthetical add-ons and a little "I can't believe you don't know this about yourself" 'Gawd' for good measure) about how glorious you are and you focus in on the bad cat milking stuff.
Honestly, kiwi.

It is the 118th anniversary of the Wounded Knee massacre. The mere mention of it ( by Garrison Keilor on this morning's "Writer's Almanac" ) served to start the day off on the wrong foot. It is unquestionably important to remember the event.

Three hundred men, women and children of the Hunkpapa and Minneconjou Sioux were indiscriminately slain.

Dee Brown's Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee was one of those handful of books that has had a deep effect on the American psyche. That's not to say that it altered anything but it did, at least, promote a wider knowledge of a sorry chapter in American history.

Thank you. :rose:

I cried almost continually the first time I read that book. It's probably the saddest thing I've ever read...and it only covered the western tribes.

I've been cleaning all day, and for once i'm actually happy to do it...i have these random times where all i want to do is clean everything, admittedly it's really maybe 3 times a year, the other times i'm doing it under duress.

That works so well I was a grandpa at 41 :eek:
no! nonononono

Oh, yay. Time to face the world and pretend that everything's just peachy.

Here goes. Mask # 3845
pretend im behind you all day, pinching your ass.

I've been cleaning all day, and for once i'm actually happy to do it...i have these random times where all i want to do is clean everything, admittedly it's really maybe 3 times a year, the other times i'm doing it under duress.

damnit, i thought you said... undressed. *sigh*

which brings me to the idea of naked painting.

i hate painting alone.

but i would enjoy it more if i could paint a nakkey chickie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back