FAQ's - Read Before Posting Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a Zillion!

Just wanted to say… Thanks a zillion!!

I have been, for the last several days trying to figure out why I couldn’t change my quote under my name or create an avatar. “Just like a kid to be impatient” (can’t wait to have all the gadgets) but I am so glad I found this thread to get all the facts. Next stop post, post, posts! Tootles.

- Dovely

SweetErika said:
Yeah, it's only been a few minutes, and you may have to log out, clear your cookies (for Lit), close your browser, THEN log back in.

If the option still doesn't work, wait several hours, then try again. Sometimes it takes the system a bit to realize you have the option.

Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

Ok

So i need a 100 posts to get my avatar up? That bout the measure of it?

Attachments

• anna.jpg
    anna.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Pixiebbz said:
So i need a 100 posts to get my avatar up? That bout the measure of it?
It appears to be under the size requirements, so it should be fine.

If I might make a suggestion, it seems like you'd fit in really well in The Playground, and perhaps even the General Board, Pixiebbz.

sig limit

Is there a memory limit on signatures? i was using an animation and it was deleted.....as you can see

Never mind, it's there now........that was weird

somberReality said:
Is there a memory limit on signatures? i was using an animation and it was deleted.....as you can see

Never mind, it's there now........that was weird
Somber, I don't see anything in your sig, even when I click on your profile. There's no memory limit on hotlinked images here, but the image host may limit the size and content of the image

The forum rules don't allow anything too flashy/annoying or commercial links in sigs, and it's nice to limit the size and length of images and text, respectively, out of consideration for those who have dial-up, mobile devices and aren't wild about having to do a lot of scrolling to get to the discussion.

"I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don't mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don't mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling all that I am capable of doing but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding."
~ Anais Nin

Wow i want to meet anais nin do you know where she lives ? roflmao She sound's hot.
Im just the man she's looking for. I'll pursue, fuck and possess her every single day.

and she will do MY bidding--------bet

Thanks for this....

helped me figure a few things out that i did not know

I'm an absolute lurker, who fairly recently made an account and started reading forums. Thanks to everyone who took the time to explain so much here.

humphrey said:
Thanks for this....

helped me figure a few things out that i did not know

sw33ts said:
I'm an absolute lurker, who fairly recently made an account and started reading forums. Thanks to everyone who took the time to explain so much here.

Welcome to lit :)

weazzell said:
How do you get the last active date and time to disappear from your profile? Or does one need a certain amount of posts to do that?
I don't believe you can, weazzell. It's just a field that the database fills in and is on every profile I've seen, no matter the number of posts.

You can control whether you appear on/offline or invisible, though.

I just checked your profile and I couldn't see your last activity time.
I suspect you can always see your own but if you are on as invisible no one else can see it.

Quoll said:
I just checked your profile and I couldn't see your last activity time.
I suspect you can always see your own but if you are on as invisible no one else can see it.
True. I can't see yours or weazzell's, but can see my own.

I think that's changed in recent years - I remember being able to see others' times in the past. :confused:

SweetErika said:
True. I can't see yours or weazzell's, but can see my own.

I think that's changed in recent years - I remember being able to see others' times in the past. :confused:

I've seen it on others. I believe that if you go to your user control panel, select "Options," and then click the box for "Invisible Mode," your record of your last activity will disappear as well.

SG

Can I remove a story from Lit?

I am having a short story published and I was wondering if I there was anyway it can get removed from Literotica, not that I don't enjoy it being here, but I would rather a search for the title name go to Amazon rather than Literotica (not that your not great people cause you are and I love you all you've been great to me... I'm digressing aren't I?) and buy my book, the full version there has more added than what is here (and some removed, after all I did overemphasis the sex for you all a little :) ).

If there is a way that would be great, if not, well that's ok too.

Cheers,

D

Keep your eyes peeled (probably Canadians only) for "Counting Down the Storm" by D. Ryan Leask, in book stores and online soon.

dis_pac said:
I am having a short story published and I was wondering if I there was anyway it can get removed from Literotica, not that I don't enjoy it being here, but I would rather a search for the title name go to Amazon rather than Literotica (not that your not great people cause you are and I love you all you've been great to me... I'm digressing aren't I?) and buy my book, the full version there has more added than what is here (and some removed, after all I did overemphasis the sex for you all a little :) ).

If there is a way that would be great, if not, well that's ok too.

Cheers,

D

Keep your eyes peeled (probably Canadians only) for "Counting Down the Storm" by D. Ryan Leask, in book stores and online soon.
D, you can have stories removed and replaced by edited versions. There are specific instructions for doing so in the FAQs on the story side of the site: http://www.literotica.com/faq/

You'll have to look for the specific answer yourself, though basically it amounts to resubmitting with DELETE or REMOVE and the exact title of your story in the Title field, then putting a note about what you want done and why in the comments field. Read the instructions, as I don't recall the exact procedure and doing it correctly will expedite the removal. It might be a bit slower than usual with the Halloween contest going on now, but removals are usually much quicker than approvals.

I am new not only to Lit but to internet use in general. So a lot of common sense technical stuff goes right over my head. I read the FQA and all of this thread. I have learned a few things, (I hope I can retain them!) One thing I have missed or simply do not under stand is how to bookmark a thread for future reference. This thread is an example of the kind of thing I would like to save and reread from time to time. My thanks to all of you who have been kind to me and other newbie’s!

LostBaby said:
I am new not only to Lit but to internet use in general. So a lot of common sense technical stuff goes right over my head. I read the FQA and all of this thread. I have learned a few things, (I hope I can retain them!) One thing I have missed or simply do not under stand is how to bookmark a thread for future reference. This thread is an example of the kind of thing I would like to save and reread from time to time. My thanks to all of you who have been kind to me and other newbie’s!

At the top of the page once you have opened the thread click on the Thread Tools heading, the drop down menu should give you the option to subscribe to the thread.
In your User Control Panel you can then view and sort your list of subscribed threads, under Edit Options you can select what sort of notification (if any) that you want.
Generally posting in the thread will also subscribe you. ;)
Welcome to lit and the internet.

LB, I just read your profile, take your time to get a feel for the internet and be doubly cautious of people, there are some wonderful people here but there are also some complete arseholes, tread carefully and carry a big stick. :)

Last edited:
I've always just bookmarked threads in my browser, like any other site/page. As long as the identifying number in the database doesn't change (I've never seen that happen), it works just fine. The only thing it doesn't work for is saving searches.

This thread is a sticky, so it always stays at the top of the list of threads (unless the moderator decides to un-stick it). If you can remember to look in How To, or worst case, look through all of the forums, you should be able to find it rather easily.

You can also find threads by googling site:forum.literotica.com searchterm . For example, if you're looking for this thread and remember it was labeled FAQ's and was in How To, you'd type site:forum.literotica.com how to FAQ's into google. :)

Welcome to Lit! I hope you enjoy yourself and heed Quoll's advice on being careful about who you meet. Assume/plan for the worst and hope for the best. :rose:

Quoll said:
At the top of the page once you have opened the thread click on the Thread Tools heading, the drop down menu should give you the option to subscribe to the thread.
In your User Control Panel you can then view and sort your list of subscribed threads, under Edit Options you can select what sort of notification (if any) that you want.
Generally posting in the thread will also subscribe you. ;)
Welcome to lit and the internet.

LB, I just read your profile, take your time to get a feel for the internet and be doubly cautious of people, there are some wonderful people here but there are also some complete arseholes, tread carefully and carry a big stick. :)

Did it! Thanks! It's easy when you know how! I have met some of the good and some of the bad people already. I can fight back and have, but I just want to comment on things with out fear of looking like a fool or stepping on toes. But you can't please all the people all the time, can you?

One last thing, is there a way to view my profile as you see it? When I look at mine it is formatted differently than when I look at someone else’s.

Thank you again for your kindness.

SweetErika said:
I've always just bookmarked threads in my browser, like any other site/page. As long as the identifying number in the database doesn't change (I've never seen that happen), it works just fine. The only thing it doesn't work for is saving searches.

This thread is a sticky, so it always stays at the top of the list of threads (unless the moderator decides to un-stick it). If you can remember to look in How To, or worst case, look through all of the forums, you should be able to find it rather easily.

You can also find threads by googling site:forum.literotica.com searchterm . For example, if you're looking for this thread and remember it was labeled FAQ's and was in How To, you'd type site:forum.literotica.com how to FAQ's into google. :)

Welcome to Lit! I hope you enjoy yourself and heed Quoll's advice on being careful about who you meet. Assume/plan for the worst and hope for the best. :rose:

Thanks for the tech advice but it’s way over my head! I will heed your warnings, as I have already felt the sting of battle. It’s tough being the new kid from a different planet! I look forward to learning more about, tech and people. Again thanks for the advice and your kindness.

How do I index my pics (or other links) in a thread?

To index your pics/links:

Click on the link for the first image you want indexed (you want it to open in a new tab or window), copy the URL when it opens, then go back to the post you want to put the index in and:

1) Type the text you want to appear (e.g. "Nude Pic 1") in the text box of the post you want to create the pic link/index in. If you want to add an index to an existing post, just click the 'Edit' button at the bottom of that post.

2) Highlight that text and click the
createlink.gif
button

3) Paste the URL of the pic/attachment in the box that pops up

4) Hit OK

5) Make sure you click somewhere else in the text box, before you type anything else. If you just start typing, it'll replace the title of your link with whatever you just typed.

6) Verify the [URL="http:// url of your pic" ]Nude Pic 1[/URL ] code showed up in your post (you can hit the Preview Post button at the bottom, then open the link that's hopefully there in a new window to make sure you've done it correctly)

7) Repeat the same process for all of your pics.

It's really nice if you categorize the links, or give some description of what's in the pic (rather than leaving it at "Pic 1" or the name your camera or computer gave them), so people can jump to what they like, as opposed to having to open every link. :)

You may want to put a link to your thread in your sig to increase its traffic when you're done with the index.

Last edited:
Why doesn't my "current picture" show up under my biography? The image is 320 X 220 and 25kb; however, it does include the artist's signature. Is the signature considered "other advertisements"?

By the way, the artist does allow her work to be used in this manner.

Thank you for your help.

I'll try to attach the image.

Camellion

Attachments

• pin_Amagnan_pinkfront_m.jpg
    pin_Amagnan_pinkfront_m.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back