Handmaid's Tale files

Leave her alone?

I would leave her alone if she would just go away and stay away
 
gsgs comment- Just in time, Donald John IQ45 has rescued the N.R.A. from effective protesters.

Pregnant students will be too busy to interfere with the Military-Industrial- Complex. The American Gun Business and their supporters in the Extremist Right Wing Religious Network will soon be rejoicing. Ammunition, bump stocks, and accessories for mass murders will be widely available, again.


Stephen Colbert poked fun at President Donald Trump’s administration for blowing a reported $75 million on abstinence-only sex education.



https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ce-only-education_us_5adaef63e4b009869bf99128

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art...licy-_Bringing_Back_Abstinence-Only_Education

The $75 million Title V abstinence-only program was renamed “sexual risk avoidance education” (SRAE) and included new requirements that organizations receiving funding emphasize and prioritize the message that waiting until marriage to have sex is the best action.

Prior to these new FOAs, grantees were required to replicate evidence-based programs that have already been proven effective through rigorous scientific evaluation, or develop and implement new, innovative approaches to reducing (unwanted) pregnancy.

By requiring grantees to meaningfully incorporate ineffective abstinence-only (which the Trump-Pence administration labels “sexual risk avoidance”) approaches into every program component, HHS is dictating a single and ineffective approach to (unwanted) pregnancy prevention. The announcement also completely erases any mention of LGBTQ.

Last summer student birth rates were at a record low.

Lack of facts, truth, and accurate information is not helpful to students

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ state chapter, NARAL Pro-Choice Texas, Jane’s Due Process, and the Texas House Women’s Health Caucus are among the organizations that have sent concerned letters to the health department pointing out the slew of ideologically motivated errors.


https://www.austinchronicle.com/dai...-booklet-riddled-with-anti-choice-propaganda/

Women are students, too

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2018-04-20/the-next-anti-choice-strategy/

States that are very enthusiastic about religion, have people concerned about their students futures. Abstinence has been proven to be ineffective, and useless.


Wealthy and privileged male students will enjoy the benefit, of having less competition for highly rated schools, universities, and colleges. But, the down side is no realistic, truthful sexual reproduction information is provided.
 
A dystopia for women is not merely confined to the overheated male imaginary.

Ross Douthat wrote his column the day Iowa passed a “fetal heartbeat” bill with the avowed intent of overturning Roe v. Wade. If even this is too abstract for you, consider that in 2012, the Virginia legislature passed a bill mandating penetrative transvaginal ultrasounds for women seeking abortions. The future male columnists laughingly imagine — the systemic control and torture of female bodies — is already present.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2018/0...se-tell-the-times-that-incels-are-terrorists/
 
"...three federal appeals court judges—using a clutch of affidavits and statements and strongly worded declarations—urged the Supreme Court to overturn Roe, since the Court of Appeals could not."


Women lose the right to protect their own lives, because Republicans used a lie, to kill that right


May 4, 2018


Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on Friday signed into law the most restrictive abortion ban in the nation


https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rtion-ban-law-iowa-fetal-heartbeat/577443002/


Senate File 359 will take effect July 1, though Planned Parenthood of the Heartland and the American Civil Liberties Union of Iowa said they plan to quickly challenge the law.

Under the legislation, physicians will be barred from performing most abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected. Experts said that heartbeat can be heard about six weeks into a pregnancy — often before a woman realizes she’s pregnant.





May 2, 2018

Iowa and their anti-abortion battering ram

The legislation would effectively ban abortion after roughly six weeks, which is before many people even know they are pregnant. The bill now heads to the state’s Republican governor, Kim Reynolds, who has not said whether or not she will sign the bill.

Six week cutoff ?

At six weeks, the “heartbeat” is not audible; it is visible, a flickering that takes place between 120 and 160 times per minute on a black-and-white playback screen. As cardiac cells develop, they begin to send electrical pulses that cause their neighbors to contract. Scientists can observe the same effect if they culture cells in a petri dish.

Doctors do not even call this rapidly dividing cell mass a “fetus” until nine weeks into pregnancy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/01/ultrasound-woman-pregnancy/514109/
 
A year after Trump reversed an Obama-era rule that prevented states from withholding Title X family-planning money from health-care providers that offer abortion as a family-planning option-

Donald Trump is expected to announce his next ghoulish attack on abortion rights on Friday:

a “domestic gag rule,” which would cut federal family-planning funds from Planned Parenthood and other reproductive-health organizations that even mention abortion as a family-planning method.

While laws about federal family planning already prohibit direct funding of organizations that offer abortion, this plan would take it one step further by barring abortions in any clinic where federally-funded reproductive-health services are offered. So, under this plan, if organizations didn’t want to lose this funding, they would have to stop discussing or performing abortions — an option that few would likely choose.

May 17, 2018

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/dona...ing-planned-parenthood-domestic-gag-rule.html
 
This “dangerous” policy, said Planned Parenthood’s Dawn Laguens, “is designed to force doctors and nurses to lie to their patients. It would have devastating consequences across this country.” That devastation will occur mostly among low- and middle-income women, though, so the Trump administration just does. not. care.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...er-attack-on-Planned-Parenthood-with-gag-rule


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/us/politics/trump-funding-abortion-restrictions.html

Cynical attack on the most vulnerable

Since Supreme Court precedent prevents conservatives from banning abortion outright, they’re exerting control over the only bodies they can: those that get their health care with the help of public-health funding

Reproductive-rights advocates are calling the policy a “domestic gag rule”—a U.S.-based version of the global gag rule that prevents U.S. aid dollars from going to any international organization that so much as acknowledges the existence of abortion. Every Republican president has instated the global gag rule since Ronald Reagan first implemented it; every Democratic president has rolled it back.


The domestic gag rule furthers constrains low-income Americans to one set of health care options, while middle-class and wealthy Americans get another. If a poor woman’s Title X provider opts to continue receiving federal dollars, her doctor won’t be able to give her the same information about her pregnancy options as a woman with privately-funded contraception. Alternatively, if her Title X provider opts out of federal dollars, it may be forced to close or limit services. In Chief Justice William Rehnquist’s opinion in Rust v. Sullivan, the Supreme Court described the reproductive health care plight of the low-income woman thus: “The fact that most Title X clients may be effectively precluded by indigency from seeing a health care provider for abortion-related services does not affect the [court’s decision] here, since the financial constraints on such a woman’s ability to enjoy the full range of constitutionally protected freedom of choice are the product not of governmental restrictions, but of her indigency.”


Freedom of choice is no freedom at all if the law blocks certain women from getting comprehensive medical information from their doctors.


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ll-force-doctors-to-stop-saying-abortion.html
 
2018 A Nation of Un-People

My American major TV networks have all justified punching a
young woman in the head. How they frame it- It was her fault.


Underlying message- "She is an un-person. She is of no importance. Immediately judged and condemned, because we have no time, and she is not worth the time.We can dismiss and forget her. She was not wealthy, or famous, or an important influential political figure. Do not dismiss this message- Your rights mean nothing. You are in danger of physical harm, if you oppose the will of police officers."


How police officers make is easy to cuff an un-person

Cause a brain injury. This officer chose 3 direct punches to the back of the head. The rabbit punch is forbidden in boxing, and is considered a serious foul. Analysis will reveal if he aimed directly for the brain stem.

The first thing that happens after he punches her head, is that she goes limp. Another effect of brain injury is the victim becomes combative, aggressive, and confused.

She may be knocked out, but the most primitive part of her brain is reacting. An animal struggles when it is trapped. They have her on her back, directly after he punched her. She kicks out with her legs. They flip her onto her stomach, and she tries to crawl away. We hear a young woman say "Do not resist."

The police officer used a short cut, and his victim may pay for this, for the rest of her life. He has caused her body to defend itself, and they have justification for any brutal method to restrain her.

The punches are not merely a symptom of rage, on the policeman's part. This was deliberate. The other method of injuring the brain stem, is having the victim on their stomach, and pulling the head backwards. These methods are being taught. This has been witnessed.

YouTube


Wildwood Police Investigating Video Showing Officer Punching Woman On Beach While Trying To Subdue Her

http://www.tbirecoverycenter.org/coup.htm


Matter of fact voice of male newscaster-

"three charges of assault on officers"

Another male news anchor- "multiple charges"

What are those charges ?

Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer (2 Counts), Aggravated Assault by Spitting Bodily Fluids at/on a Police Officer, Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, Obstruction and Minor in Possession of Alcohol

Perfectly clear still picture of police officer with his arm drawn back to punch her in the head

http://www.phillyvoice.com/viral-vid...investigation/

Facts

The beach now allows four wheel drive vehicles to park directly on the beach. The police were checking for public drunkeness, and underage drinking, using four wheel drive vehicles. They were administering breathylizer tests.


The beach had just opened to the public.

MAY 03, 2018

After weather delay, Wildwood finally opening on-beach parking lot this summer

http://www.phillyvoice.com/after-weather-delay-wildwood-finally-opening-beach-parking-lot-summer/

Defenders of police officers caught on tape

Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano Jr. said the episode was a “shame.” He said police would soon release body camera footage that shows Weinman insulting the cops and spitting on them.

“It wasn’t just that this officer decided to beat her up,” he said. “That wasn’t the case.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/y...nching-woman-on-beach-20180527.html?mobi=true

How it is framed by the police


quotes from Blade Runner film


Bryant: I need ya, Deck. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.

Deckard: I was quit when I came in here, Bryant. I'm twice as quit now

Bryant: Stop right where you are. You know the score pal. If you're not cop, you're little people."


gsgs comment- The police officers and their handlers work for The Big People. They are empowered and enabled by the Big People. People that have influence over their lives. It has been years, since OWS marched in the streets, Ferguson, MO happened in 2014. That is when police officers felt free to point rifles at protesters, and tell them that they would kill them.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...kWoGsmGiWjnaw/

Their victim removed her Facebook page-

I asked them don’t they have something better to do as cops than to stop people for underage drinking on the beach, saying to that there’s so much more serious stuff going on... the cop said, “I was gonna let you go but now I’ll write you up” and he asked my name. I did not do anything wrong and anything could’ve been written down on that paper so I wouldn’t give it to him. At that point I was told if I don’t give it to him he’s going to arrest me. I told him I have my 18 month old daughter with me and there’s no need for all of it and that again, I’m not gonna give him my information knowing I didn’t do anything wrong. He told me he’s arresting me and started coming towards me to put handcuffs on me. I cautiously was backing up from him (facing him) and yelled for my daughters father. (he was playing in the ocean with our daughter at the time).. I tripped and fell and the cop tackled me to the ground and smashed my head into the sand. At that point I blacked out and fought any way possible trying to get up and push him off me. Thats when he head locked me me by his arm around my neck, punched on me in my head and then he head locked me again but this time choking me, I was gasping for ear. Yes, i know I should’ve gave him my name.. I was partly wrong in a way but I was scared; Like I said I didn’t do anything wrong and anything could’ve been written on that paper, the whole situation was iffy and I didn’t trust it.. especially being aware of the fact of how grimy law enforcement can be now a days. & honestly, I can say if I took even a sip, then I would’ve gave them my information and called it a day; I’m underage, so I know better. But this whole situation was handled wrongly and blew out of proportion all because these pigs didn’t do their jobs the way they were TRAINED to do so. maybe that’s just how they train them nowadays, who knows with the world we live in today.
 
June 8, 2018

Vajdich’s team was asked to argue that perhaps things were “better than they seemed” under Trump’s foreign proposal.


Constanze Stelzenmüller, the German debater on the panel, compared Trump’s foreign policy to Margaret Atwood’s dystopian novel “The Handmaid’s Tale” and said the Europeans were the handmaids. As for Trump, she said, the American President seemed to be treating his allies like a girlfriend he could abuse, slapping her around as if that would make her more likely to accept his marriage proposal.



Richard Grenell, the new U.S. Ambassador to Germany, is rejected


Richard Grenell, a Republican activist well known for his aggressive Twitter spats and dismissive views, to be the new U.S. Ambassador to Germany, and he, even before meeting his German hosts, had just given an interview to the right-wing Web site Breitbart praising the European far right; the headline suggested he saw it as his job to “empower” such leaders. Grenell later insisted on Twitter that his remarks had been misconstrued, but not before some German politicians called for him to be kicked out and the German Foreign Office asked for a formal clarification of his comments.

The fracas had a certain Trumpian irrelevance, but a more consequential rebuke came in a speech this week at the conservative Heritage Foundation, in Washington, where the Assistant Secretary of State for Europe, A. Wess Mitchell, outlined a new strategy toward the Continent that suggested a shift away from longtime allies, such as France and Germany, and toward newcomers in Central and Eastern Europe, where Trump-style populism flourishes and democratic norms are being challenged.

A year ago, after Trump returned from his first Presidential trip overseas with deeply unsettled allies in Europe, his national-security adviser, H. R. McMaster, and his chief economic adviser, Gary Cohn, teamed up to write a reassuring op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. “America First is not America alone,” they promised.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/lett...rst-really-is-turning-out-to-be-america-alone
 
The Demimonde never went away


Red Umbrellas protect sex workers, Red Capes and Red Gowns of the Handmaids protect sexism, misogyny, and the oppression of the working class.

/end gsgs comment

On International Whores Day, Sex Workers Took A Stand Against SESTA/FOSTA

June 5, 2018

June 2nd, hundreds of sex workers and allies gathered in Washington Square Park to recognize International Whores' Day.

International Whores Day (also know as International Sex Workers Day) is observed annually on June 2 around the world to commemorate the 1975 occupation of Saint Nizier Church in Lyon, France. French sex workers gathered there for eight days to call attention to police abuse, inhumane working conditions, and exploitation.

In the call for sex workers rights organizations including the Black Sex Workers Collective, find it important to call attention to the intersecting interests that encompass the issue: reproductive rights, labor laws, and representation of the LGBTQ community, to name a few.

“We have to see sex workers’ rights and the rights of survivors of trafficking as a joint cause,” says Broudo. “Sex workers want to combat trafficking and end exploitation more than anyone, but the pragmatic result will be to harm the livelihoods of sex workers and force people in sexual labor into more coercive and dangerous situations."

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/04/196167/trump-signs-fosta-anti-trafficking-bill


06/02/18

"While the internet created a viable community-oriented harm-reduction environment for consensual sex-workers, “FOSTA-SESTA creates the seedy underground civilians fear,” as artist and pornographic actor Zak Smith put it.


Sex-positive feminist and pornographic film director Nina Hartley described the position of FOSTA-SESTA opponents succinctly: “If Congress really cared about the health and safety of those in sex work they would adopt the harm-reduction model, which seeks to empower individuals to take control of their lives, be it to leave sex work or stay.”

http://www.artnews.com/2018/06/02/i...-trafficking-law-endangers-lives-censors-art/


While sex workers acknowledge they don’t expect Congress to simply reverse the law, they say Friday and Saturday’s events are a critical first step in building relationships with lawmakers and establishing themselves as a political force.


https://www.refinery29.com/2018/06/200887/sex-workers-international-whores-day
 
Democracy does not work for Republicans



From what I have seen, and heard, and experienced, Democracy does not seem to work for Republicans.


Republicans seem to fight against democracy, at every turn.


Every year of my life, the Republican party has shifted more and more into treachery


Donald John Trump is treachery.


If Obama and Trump stood side by side, and were each mirrored by the Mt Everest sized mountain of ideas, hopes, thoughts, history of what they each embody- what items would these mountains contain ?

By the power given to both men, their personas each became a mythical colossus. Barack Obama embodies the achievement of a civilized world, where justice, equality, fairness, and kindness have a fair chance of succeeding. Donald Trump embodies all of the old evils that we hoped would fade.

Trump, his invisible colossus reflection of all who have invested in him, mind, heart, wallet, and political, , his shadow cast on the world, and himself, his face and the act he has taken on the road.



What was on my mind this weekend, was Trump's tiny, inadequate man hands holding up a newborn baby by the neck. The size of a standard plastic bottle of water.


It would only take a phone call from Trump to stop the cruelty.

Now we know we have men to carry this cruelty out on babies.

The new men, of Trump's subculture.

Same, as the old evil subculture.

Welcome to the Handmaids Tale.

Trump does not like babies, animals pets, children. They cannot reflect him, back to his narcissistic self. They do not know how to flatter him. They are innocent. They need something that he is not willing to give. They have nothing of value to give him. He will use them for photo ops. Lois Pope provided a picture of a dog for Trump's website, to make Trump seem normal. The dog remained with her.

Trump and Melania left Barron out of the WH Christmas card.

I am fucking disgusted, angry, and upset
by Trump's brand of propaganda, and
those that spread his brand of propaganda.


https://www.wonkette.com/great-american-artist-jon-mcnaughton-cries-finish-the-damn-picket-fence

It was Steve Bannon, that spread the propaganda in the mass media, today. According to Steve Bannon that newborn baby deserves to hoisted in the air by the neck.

Steve Bannon will not tell Trump to make the phone call.


Steve Bannon is happy to be able to use the revolving door.


Did you know that the Cambridge Analytica employees are now working directly for Trump's campaign ?

Thought for today-


A man from our Earth, was born of a Caucasian woman and a member of the minority community. His educational experience and accomplishments, and his progress in professional and civic life led him to become President. The people in favor of Barack Obama's presidency, have invested in him ideas, hopes, expectations. He grew in stature, because of his manners, his behaviour, his speech, his expressions of his opinion. He took action, he worked, he kept himself as well informed, as was possible. Our government under his care, contained enough experts to confer with.

President Obama was competent, and possessed emotional intelligence. He had the competence and intelligence to recognise subtlety, nuance, and implication.

He did the work, he did the job. That is what was asked of him. He was vetted and qualified to take the helm. There was a traditional path to follow, and he walked it. His reward was that he was welcomed by traditional members of international democracy.

His burden was international criminals. Russia is fucking with America, and looks to fuck America over.

JFK

October 1962, an American U-2 spy plane secretly photographed nuclear missile sites being built by the Soviet Union on the island of Cuba. After many long and difficult meetings, Kennedy decided to place a naval blockade, or a ring of ships, around Cuba. He demanded the removal of the missiles already there and the destruction of the sites. On October 22, President Kennedy spoke to the nation about the crisis in a televised address.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/JFK/JFK-in-History/Cuban-Missile-Crisis.aspx

I was born in 1954

My early life was influenced by the fear of nuclear bombs from Russia hitting American targets. Everything was primitive, in comparison with 2018. We grew up to listen for sirens, and to know where the bomb shelters were. Children, with full knowledge of nuclear annihilation, and death from nuclear fallout.


We lived in fear, in the days of the crisis.
The possibility was death and suffering.

Russia was not our fucking friend.


Frenemies Forever: Why Putin And Obama Can't Get Along
September 12, 20136

Just as Russia and the U.S. are attempting to work out a delicate deal to rid Syria of chemical weapons, the Russian president published an op-ed in The New York Times thumbing his nose at President Obama.


https://www.npr.org/2013/09/12/221774010/frenemies-forever-why-putin-and-obama-cant-get-along


.
 
They rounded up wild horses, in a manner that was less than humane. The wild horses suffered from injuries, exhaustion, deprivation, fear, pain, and loss. They were sold for profit. They were slaughtered for meat. They were once small herds with family structure. They split up the families. The fillies and foals suffered. The horses died neglected and abused. Alien horses.

Who gave a fuck about laws and provisions ?

There was good profit in it. The land was emptied, and pipelines could be moved in, pastureland for cattle, water rights freed up, luxury homes in pristine areas. Acres of land for lease. The new regime moved in and change-o presto! Natural resources open for mining.


Republicans agreed to demonizing members of a religious community, and de-humanized them for political purposes.

How useful it was, to make one third of the world guilty of treachery.

An alien religion.


Republicans agreed to de-humanize members of the minority communities, to the benefit of their white communities. Punished for the fault of not remaining slaves.
Alien races.

De-humanized women , because it was to their benefit. Women possess an alien anatomy, which Republicans of both sexes plead ignorance, or exhibit it.

Alien sex.

They de- humanized children from countries in turmoil. They named the children aliens.


They locked toddlers alone in a metal fenced pen, and staff are prohibited from physically comforting them.


It is a baby.

Alien babies ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5332ac13f78b
 
The obscenity of grabbing people off of the streets, and invading homes to seize mothers, fathers, uncles,aunts, sons,daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, dear friends, good colleagues, valued bosses.

The assignment of I.C.E

Immigration and Customs Enforcement


Every community in the nation was left stunned. This was a good person, a family supporter, a productive worker, a person that contributed to their community. Followed the law, was helpful to others, was generous. Actively was seeking to become a better person, and to make the world a better place to live. Dealt with the burden of providing information, and obeyed all requirements. Model citizen, obeyed all laws. Never betrayed the community. Trusted, loved, valued, and honored.

This person was betrayed.


Was the promise, that the evil ones, that do harm, would be taken away ?

That the good and productive would stay, and earn their way through adherence to requirements and law ?There was no promise. It was just an aside. It was not written. Even if it was written, this regime ignores written laws, as it wishes.


This was the testing of boundaries. How far could the boundaries stretch, when pressure was applied? How much of the structure had the capacity to resist ?

The majority of people in our country obey laws, for the most part. Otherwise , the country would completely fall apart. Crime is noticed, because it is an aberration. We also follow society's rules. Be gracious, be polite, be considerate , be respectful, or at the least be appropriate. Otherwise, people would be in physical fights, all of the time.

Suddenly, the social contract is broken. There is no reciprocation,on the part of those that wield power. They decided that could push the boundary further, and try another assault. Because the response was not furious, enormous, and intense. We as Americans did not respond to it intensely, because we trusted in the process of the law. Mistakes are made, breakage gets repaired, is our expectation.

We counted on the tradition of law, to heal it. This was used against us.


There are safety catches, safety releases, built into the system for extraorcldinary exceptions. These were exploited and violated, and misused.

The system is out of balance. The scales were tampered with. It is causing a cascade.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/the-handmaids-tale-recap-season-2-episode-10.html

Are there really human beings that desire to return to hanging people by the neck, chopping off heads , and limbs, in public ? Stone people to death, and torture them in public ?

Did we learn nothing, about the failures of a system that permits people to corrupt it ?

FFS, the enity leading a country-wide cult had already corrupted justice, before he was put in the position of ultimate power. He had stolen their youth, and limited their futures, for publicity.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/the-handmaids-tale-recap-season-2-episode-10.html
 
TIME
@TIME
·
30m
Anti-abortion advocate calls Kennedy retirement 'a chance to take down Roe v. Wade

7:35 PM · Jun 27, 2018
 
Here & Now's Robin Young speaks with Ilyse Hogue (@ilyseh), president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, an abortion rights advocacy group.

"This is what 5 million women marched in the streets on Jan. 21, 2017 for," Hogue says. "Make no mistake that what [President Trump] aims to do — spurred on by an extreme ideological base — is to criminalize abortion, some kinds of contraception and punish women who seek to have control over our own lives, our own bodies and our own families. And we're ready for it."


gsgs comment- America witnessed how far Trump is willing to push. He torments families with children. Who ordered Border Patrol guards and I.C.E agents to pull infants from mothers ?

Trump will have no reluctance about putting American women in prison.


MATTHEWS: Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no as a principle?

TRUMP: The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman.

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.



March 30th, 201

Denouncements of the remarks by the Republican presidential front runner were swift.

Later the same day, Trump’s campaign issued a statement saying Trump actually meant that if abortion were outlawed, doctors who perform abortions should be punished.

What Trump said at the town hall
During the town meeting, a young woman from the audience asked Trump a question.

TRUMP: ... this presidential election is going to be very important, because when you say, "what’s the law, nobody knows what the law’s going to be. It depends on who gets elected, because somebody is going to appoint conservative judges and somebody is going to appoint liberal judges, depending on who wins.



MATTHEWS: If you say abortion is a crime or abortion is murder, you have to deal with it under law. Should abortion be punished ?

MATTHEWS: Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no as a principle?

TRUMP: The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman.

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.

MATTHEWS: I’m asking you, what should a woman face if she chooses to have an abortion

TRUMP: I’m not going to play that games

MATTHEWS: Let me give something from the New Testament, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s." Don’t ask me about my religion.



MATTHEWS: Can we go back to matters of the law and running for president because matters of the law, what I’m talking about, and this is the difficult situation you’ve placed yourself in.

By saying you’re pro-life, you mean you want to ban abortion. How do you ban abortion without some kind of sanction? Then you get in that very tricky question of a sanction, a fine on human life, which you call murder?

TRUMP: It will have to be determined.

MATTHEWS: A fine, imprisonment for a young woman who finds herself pregnant?

TRUMP: It will have to be determined.


http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...t-transcript-donald-trump-punishing-women-ab/



But what’s getting less attention is the unsettling question Williamson raised that led to his firing.

Yes, there remain murky controversies over exactly what he said when, and whether he was addressing past or future abortions, and whether he failed to disclose or properly characterize these utterance to his new employers. The simple fact remains: Williams is arguing that for those who think of abortion as homicide (meaning virtually all of those who self-consciously belong to the right-to-life movement), it’s logical to consider punishing the women who have abortions once the practice has finally been re-outlawed. The severity of the punishment he discussed – hanging –strikes me as a typically Williamsonian provocation, although one that got him fired. But at some, presumably less lethal level, it’s crossed many other minds in the right-to-life tribe, as evidenced by the defense for Williamson many offered that making abortion punishable by capital punishment would surely deter that option effectively, minimizing the actual number of hangings.


The other time this question came up in recent public discourse showed how touchy a subject this is for abortion-is-homicide believers. In March 2016, when Donald Trump told Chris Matthews during an interview that once abortion is criminalized again, that “there has to be some form of punishment” for the woman involved. Clearly, Trump (described by some conservative evangelical backers as a “baby Christian” just learning the ropes) hadn’t learned this was a big no-no among anti-abortion activists, who quickly brow-beat him into backtracking. National Right to Life explained the party line: “Unborn children and their mothers are victims in an abortion.”

Now it’s obviously terrible politics to publicly kick around punishments for an act that tens of millions of American women have already taken. But the “women are all victims, too” approach has its shortcomings as well, most notably its paternalistic treatment of poor, pitiful women as incapable of the moral agency involved in deciding to terminate their own pregnancies. Better to just shut up about it all.

But as Jill Filipovic pointed out after Trump’s gaffe, it’s far from an academic issue:

When you make something illegal, it comes with penalties—this is how criminal law works. It’s certainly how it works in El Salvador, where women are in jail, some for having miscarriages the state believes were abortions. It’s how it works in Rwanda, where rape survivors sit in prison for ending their pregnancies. It’s how it works in Ecuador, Malaysia, Mexico, Bolivia, the Philippines—the list of where ending a pregnancy can land you behind bars.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...topic-anti-abortion-folk-want-to-address.html
 
The Extremist Religious Right inserted a ultrasound wand into Lady Liberty's vagina, and it ended in painful rapes. Now, with a tyrant in the highest office they seek to insert a crucifix into Lady Liberty's vagina.

Keep your bible out of Lady Liberty's vagina!


"The separation of church and state means that we don’t base public policy on the Bible or any religious book. Our nation’s top law enforcement official, howevner, is using his interpretation of the Bible to defend the Trump administration’s policy of separating children and their immigrant parents."


https://www.au.org/media/press-rele...-attorney-general-for-use-of-bible-passage-to

Was Supreme Court Justice Kennedy blackmailed into leaving ?
 
Democrats did not forget Merrick Garland

Mitch McConnell denied President Obama

Democrats were confident Hillary Clinton Would Pick the Next

They did not count on the FBI betrayal and Russia's interference.

Mitch McConnell eliminated the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees in 2017


Scores of scholars — law professors, historians and political scientists — urged the Senate to at least have a process for Garland as a duly appointed nominee with impeccable qualifications. But some lawyers and academics pointed out that the Constitution empowered the Senate to "advise and consent" but did not require it do so. (Some adding that they thought the Senate still ought to do so.)

A federal lawsuit was filed to compel McConnell to hold a vote on Garland. It was thrown out because a judge said the plaintiff, as an ordinary voter, had no standing to sue.



https://www.npr.org/2018/06/29/6244...errick-garland-in-2016-and-why-it-matters-now


Republicans sought to portray Democrats as hysterical obstructionists tearing down a perfectly respectable judge for partisan purposes (though they refused to even consider President Obama’s far more centrist Supreme Court nominee purely for partisan purposes).

On abortion, Kavanaugh voted in October to delay an abortion for a teenage immigrant who was in government custody. The court’s ruling in her favor was based on a constitutional principle, he wrote, “as novel as it is wrong: a new right for unlawful immigrant minors in U.S. Government detention to obtain immediate abortion on demand.


https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/07/10...supreme-court/


PREGNANT WOMEN DETAINED BY ICE MISCARRIED AND DID NOT GET MEDICAL CARE, REPORT CLAIMS


7/10/18


The news outlet spoke with four other women who said they had miscarried while in the custody of ICE, each woman highlighting a lack of access to medical care and guards who did not respond to medical issues, with lawyers and medical workers also alleging negligence.


Alfaro says she had been pushed onto the floor by agents after being caught at the border despite telling them she was pregnant. “They didn’t believe me. They said it wasn’t important, that it wasn’t their problem, she said.


“An official arrived and they said it was not a hospital and they weren’t doctors. They wouldn’t look after me,” one women said in an interview with the website.

http://www.newsweek.com/pregnant-wom...l-care-1015676
 
They came for the members of minority communities.

It became clear, that justice and legal rights were not granted to every American.

It did not matter, that they had been here in the USA for decades. It did not matter that they were good people, not criminals. Informers gave them up to I.C.E.

They came for the pregnant women, and mothers.

Women miscarried, and bled without medical care. Proving that the sacredness of the fetus did not really matter, to the Far Right Extremist Religious Republicans.


The toddlers were traumatised and kept for months, the babies did not have their mothers. Motherhood did not seem.to be important to the people that put Family in their political policy titles. Family was something to use for a threat, and emotional torture. They ripped families apart. The parents waited in anguish. Republicans broke the law to prolong the punishment for daring to ask for a legal right. Republicans lied and cheated, and hid the hideousness of what they had done. It was ill-considered, shoddy, rushed, poorly planned, and pointlessly cruel. People suffered in unintended ways. The Republicans remained indifferent. So much, for virtues of Christ-like behaviour.


Now, that Kreepy Kavanaugh has been chosen-

The 2013 United States v. Windsor and 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges rulings on same-sex marriage were both decided by narrow 5-4 rulings, and if confirmed Trump’s nominee Brett Kavanaugh would likely flip the court to a 4-5 vote against equality for future cases.


Sarah Kate Ellis, President and CEO of GLAAD, said: “If confirmed, Brett Kavanaugh will have the chance to codify President Trump and Vice President Pence’s dangerous anti-LGBTQ record and the agenda of anti-LGBTQ groups into law for decades to come.


Human Rights Council (HRC) President Chad Griffin said: “In nominating Brett Kavanaugh, Donald Trump has followed through on his threat to nominate a justice who would undermine LGBTQ equality, women’s reproductive rights and affordable healthcare.

National.Organization for Marriage (NOM ) President Brian Brown said: “Judge Kavanaugh is a constitutionalist who believes that the constitution means what it says and must be interpreted according to what the framers intended when it was crafted.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/07/10/donald-trumps-supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-lgbt-rights/


Judge Kavanaugh shares Donald Trump’s same distorted view of the law. We have good reason to fear that Judge Kavanaugh will abuse his power on the Court to protect the wealthy and the powerful while depriving LGBT Americans of our dignity, demeaning our community, and diminishing our status as equal citizens.


There is too much at stake to allow Judge Kavanaugh to sit on the Court that, over its history, has decided who can marry, who can vote, and who is equal. President Trump wants a Supreme Court justice who looks like him, acts like him, and only protects people like him. Brett Kavanaugh has argued that sitting presidents should not be subject to civil or criminal charges while in office and that presidents should be able to dismiss any lawyer 'out to get him.' Kavanaugh also thinks that the president does not need to follow the law if he thinks the law is unconstitutional. At this moment in our history, the country not only deserves but needs a judge who will be loyal first and foremost to our Constitution and the rule of law.

During his last confirmation hearing, Judge Kavanaugh tried to obfuscate his involvement in the development of the Bush White House’s torture policies. We do not believe that Judge Kavanaugh can be trusted with the incredible responsibility of a seat on the Supreme Court at a time when forces are aligned to undermine marriage equality, access to abortion and the Affordable Care Act.


Several progressive activists on a conference call after the nomination was announced warned about not only Kavanaugh's implications for LGBT and reproductive rights but his expansionist view of presidential power, at a time when the president is under investigation. "He has a clear record that he believes the president is above the law," said Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund. The evidence is in thousands of documents detailing his work with the George W. Bush administration, and these documents must be released and examined, Hill said. Combine that with the fact that the nomination process was outsourced to the right-wing Federalist Society, which prepared a list of nominees for Trump, and "the taint surrounding this nomination could not be more noxious," she said. There should be no Senate vote on Kavanaugh until Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into questions surrounding the Trump presidential campaign and Russian interference in the election is complete, she added.

https://www.advocate.com/politics/2018/7/09/trump-nominates-brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court
 
The hideous entities that built Guantanamo prison, were greedy and unscrupulous. The government officials and doctors that approved torture were viewed as monsters.

Who was allowed to commit mass murder, in America ? Not any member of the minority community.

The hideous entities that built the prisons for undocumented immigrant children were allied with Trump.

Now, we know a piece of the Gilead puzzle. The money circles inside a whirlpool. The Christian Evangelists now worship money, for it buys them power, control. and privilege. Who has more money, than the government ?

Religion, corruption, hypocrisy, and government ride in the same cart, in full view of The People, and the news media.




Detaining immigrant children has morphed into a surging industry in the U.S. that now reaps $1 billion annually — a tenfold increase over the past decade,


From 2008 to date, Southwest Key has received $1.39 billion in grant funding to operate shelters; Baptist Child & Family Services has received $942 million.

A Texas-based organization called International Educational Services also was a big recipient, landing more than $72 million in the last fiscal year before folding amid a series of complaints about the conditions in its shelters.

Just as money meant for public schools goes to Christian religious schools, and money meant for women's medical care, goes to Christian ant-abortion offices, so too, goes money meant for nurturing new citizens, to Christian profiteers, tormenting survivors, stealing children, and robbing the government blind.


Donald Trump and his father know about robbing the government blind. Donald Trump had his starter millions thanks to taxpayer dollars. The took money to build affordable housing, and denied every member of the minority community access. The government spent years fighting the Trumps for the laws they had broken. But,the money was all spent, and the government offices do not have bottomless resources. 1973 federal lawsuit- They signed what was called a consent order," Kranish says. "Trump fought the case for two years. ... He says it was very easy, but actually he fought the case for two years."

"[The settlement] required the Trumps to place ads in newspapers saying that they welcomed black applicants," Kranish says. "It said that the Trumps would familiarize themselves with the Fair Housing Act, which prohibited discrimination. So it also specifically said they don't admit wrongdoing, but they did have to take several measures that the Trumps had fought for two years not to take."

Trump tried to countersue the Justice Department for $100 million for making false statements. Those allegations were dismissed by the court.

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/4959...ed-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case


Armed Takeover of A National Park Results in Presidential Pardon


The might, the power, the control of the Alliance

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum said the pardons subvert justice.

BURNS -- Harney County ranchers Dwight Hammond Jr. and Steven Hammond, fresh from federal prison following a pardon by President Donald Trump, stepped off a private jet Wednesday morning at Burns Municipal Airport to a crush of well-wishers and family.

nonprofit group Protect the Harvest, founded by oil executive Forrest Lucas, worked with U.S. Rep. Greg Walden, R-Oregon, to get the ear of the White House in considering the clemency petitions filed by each Hammond.

Lucas the multimillionaire oil magnate and backer of the Indianapolis Colts, and Pence, an Indiana native, have known each other for a long time. Lucas said he spoke to Pence after he was put into contact with Dwight Hammond Jr.

Lucas flew to California early Wednesday to bring the Hammonds to Burns in his eight-seater Cessna Citation Bravo.

https://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2018/07/oregon_ranchers_pardoned_by_tr.html
 
Tax payer dollars are paying for people to lie to pregnant women

They deceive to get the women in the door.

They lie about what they do.


They lie to the women, to frighten them.


They lie, to trap them, and force them to listen to the lies.


July 20, 2018

For the pro-choice community in Texas, the SCOTUS ruling reinforced the fact that the actual goal of CPCs – largely Christian-based nonmedical clinics – is to deter women from seeking abortion, by any means necessary, including scare tactics and false medical information. And they seem to be getting away with it. Perhaps more troubling: Not only does the state heavily underwrite dozens of these fake clinics, officials are giving them an unprecedented investment over the next two years.

Since its implementation in 2006, the Alternatives to Abortion program has included maternity homes and adoption centers, but the vast majority of the program's roughly 55 participants are crisis pregnancy centers. Siphoning money from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – funds intended to help indigent families – as well as general revenue, Republican lawmakers have steadily maintained or increased funding to the A2A program since its inception, even while slashing family planning funding and cutting vital reproductive health options, such as cancer screenings and preventative care.




In fact, Texas accounts for nearly half of the $40.5 million in state funding of fake clinics in 14 states across the country, according to a nationwide analysis by Rewire.News. The Texas program initially got $2.5 million in 2008, $4 million in 2010, and $5.15 million by 2014. And since 2015, when the Chronicle last dug into the program ("Millions for Propaganda … Nothing for Women's Health," April 17, 2015), lawmakers have only ratcheted up their investments. The Legislature infused the A2A program with $18 million for the 2016-17 biennium. But that sizable chunk of taxpayer dollars is still only half of what they ended up giving CPCs the following legislative session.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2018-07-20/crisis-pregnancy-centers-money-for-nothing/


What is the true reason they are willing to do this to women ?


Where is the money going ? The people staffing these offices are volunteers!
 
Trump lawyer uses government action on abortion to raise cash for own group


July 24, 2018

Jay Sekulow, whose activist group has directed millions to his family, has telemarketers cite Planned Parenthood 'investigation'

Yes, Trump's lawyer

July 27, 2018

The president himself, when asked about the meeting, told reporters aboard Air Force One last July, “I only heard about it two or three days ago.” That same month, Jay Sekulow, a member of Trump’s legal team, said: “The president wasn’t aware of the meeting, did not participate in the meeting, did not attend the meeting.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/26/cohen-trump-tower-meeting-russians-745123


January 29, 2018—In a letter to special counsel Robert Mueller, Sekulow admits that Trump did write the excuse for Trump Jr., but still claims that the description of the meeting as being “primarily about adoptions” was “accurate


Sekulow: “You have received all of the notes, communications and testimony indicating that the President dictated a short but accurate response to the New York Times article on behalf of his son, Donald Trump, Jr
?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ht-so-many-times-that-it-s-hard-to-keep-count


Jay Sekulow is preaching on Christian radio, in between hostage intervention gigs in Turkey.


Trump Thought Turkey’s Erdogan Was His Friend. Now He’s Mad.


JULY 27, 2018


Brunson is represented in the U.S. by the American Center for Law and Justice, a conservative Christian legal advocacy group led by attorney Jay Sekulow, who is also part of Trump’s personal legal team.

Turkish court rejected Brunson’s appeal for release.* Trump called it a “total disgrace” on Twitter. This week, Brunson was moved to house arrest, a move that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called “welcome,” but not enough.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...rkeys-erdogan-was-his-friend-now-hes-mad.html


What is the scam used in the telemarketing scheme ?

They are still selling the story that Planned Parenthood sells the tissue of fetuses, a story debunked in 2017

Here is the song, that Sekulow's hired telemarketers sing to the people with credit cards-

"Planned Parenthood is under full investigation by the Department of Justice for aborting babies and selling their body parts,” the script states, between references to anti-abortion litigation brought by the activist group, the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ).

Claiming that abortion providers have been put “on their heels”, the telemarketers urge listeners to share their credit card details, asking: “Can I let Jay know you’re standing with him with a gift?” Waverers are encouraged to give smaller amounts.


https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...ingCMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true



Two activists who filmed undercover videos of Planned Parenthood charged with 15 felonies


The court fight over the videos began in April 2015, when Daleiden and Merritt made site visits at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast headquarters, using fake names and driver’s licenses to portray themselves as a company interested in connecting Planned Parenthood health centers with research studies. The two antiabortion activists were actually affiliated with Daleiden’s little-known antiabortion nonprofit, the Center for Medical Progress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rged-with-15-felonies/?utm_term=.12ee22891f40

The telephone scripts citing federal inquiries into Planned Parenthood were included in contracts with a marketing company that were personally signed by Sekulow. The contracts outlined a new ACLJ fundraising drive scheduled to begin last month and run until next year. Copies of the contracts were obtained by the Guardian from state regulators

July 24, 2018

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...ng?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

Old scam- give cash for our new jet, or abortions for everyone in school!

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/27/trump-lawyer-jay-sekulow-donations


Sekulow's ACLJ American Center for Law and Justice and CASE Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism are sharing the loot from the telemarketing scam. Sometimes, despite the two not-for-profit organisations being separate groups, CASE also operates under the ACLJ name.

The public face of the two nonprofits is the ACLJ, the charity started by televangelist Pat Robertson in 1990 and known for its defense of Christian causes before the Supreme Court. Sekulow is its chief counsel.


2011, the ACLJ formalized an arrangement that first routes donations solicited in its name to the other nonprofit, Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism, tax filings show. The latter charity is controlled entirely by Sekulow, his wife and his two sons, who serve as the only voting members on the board. The ACLJ relies on the family-run charity for nearly its entire budget, $53 million in 2015, meaning the Sekulows effectively control both charities, nonprofit experts said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e6bdcac609fa
 
Back
Top