The Crap We Watch

Yep. That's why I said I was sorry to see it go. Man, I love Haley Atwell. Can't wait to see what she does next.

Sorry, I didn't read that part of the post.

I'm really surprised that all your other choices have been picked up for another season.

I stopped watching Arrow after the first season. I only watched the Flash for one and a half seasons. I gave up on AGENTS of SHIELD after the second season. Legends was so bad that I stopped after two episodes. Supergirl I quit after three episodes.

I had hopes for Agent Carter and will be sorry to see it go.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - haven't see this one.
 
Sorry, I didn't read that part of the post.

Haha no worries

I'm really surprised that all your other choices have been picked up for another season.

I know, right? CW renewed everything this year. May as well, if they don't have anything better to replace it. I wonder what they'll do once all the DC shows have run their course, which could be in another year or two?

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - haven't see this one.

It's an acquired taste. I love it, though. :)
 
The arrival and installation of Digital TV (one way or another) has resulted in channels being taken up (probably more for revenue than altruistic reasons), has resulted in a programme called "JAG" (as in Judge Advocate General, being the military legal beagles).
I've been watching NCIS for a longish time, but the other night I discovered that JAG pre-dates NCIS (Mr Belisario does it again).
Sometimes it ain't bad, (Catherine Bell's really quite pretty).

Ah well, playing catchup can be amusing at times. . .

HD, have you seen the end of Season 13 yet? I don't want to say anything unless you have seen it.
 
Alrighty! I took the plunge last night and watched the epic length version (3 hours) of Superman v Batman!

Even the extended length version was very confusing in places...I wonder how confused the regular version is.

It wasn't all that bed of a movie. They just plopped flash forwards in willy nilly without an explanation. I had to rewind in several spots, shaking my head in quiet confusion, to see what the hell was going on. Even after several rewinds, I was still confused, but persevered to the very end.

Still a bit confused by it all. I'll have to watch it again when I have a free 3 hours.
 
I just finished binge watching The Closer. Saw a few episodes when it was on TV, but just couldn't get into it back then. Besides I have been watching Major Crimes and needed the background of The Closer to make some sense of the characters.

Both shows are/were pretty good.
 
HD, have you seen the end of Season 13 yet? I don't want to say anything unless you have seen it.

Bit of a problem there, I fear.
a] they do not tell us which season/show is being shown that time.
b] with the programme on two (sometimes three) channels at one time, it's even more difficult to know.

So far I have seen two or three programmes which have a little blonde in stead of the gorgeous Ziva (her version of "Temptation" will live in my mind for a long time).
But facebook (I nearly wrote 'faceache') seems to have a handle on the presentation of trailers and coats, even if the programme they write about will not be easily spotted on our TV for months.
According to one bit I read, Di Nozzo is leaving /has left.
Michael Weatherly is a very competent actor; he must be because Di Nozzo drives me completely mad.
 
Just FYI -- for the most part, I watch TV like a fifteen-year-old.
Here goes!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer ~ I've watched all seven seasons at least ten times. One of my great life achievements has been getting my ex to watch it with me. He can put that on his future-relationship resume ;)

Vampire Diaries ~ All but the latest season, which I'd rather binge on Netflix. There's a rumor that Nina Dobrev is returning for season eight. Fingers crossed!

Instant Star/Degrassi ~ I'm lumping these together, because they're both cheesy Canadian teen dramas. Alexz Johnson can sing her ass off, though.

The Twilight movies ~ Yes, Twilight. Of course the movies were crap and Kristen Stewart played the anti-Bella, but Twilight started me reading and I haven't stopped since.

BBC's Pride and Prejudice ~ I believe this one needs no explanation.
 
I really enjoyed Justified with Timothy Olyphant and Walton Coggins. Dragged a bit in one section, but was a lot of fun.

Now watching Vice Principals written by Danny McBride and also starring Coggins.
 
Bit of a problem there, I fear.
a] they do not tell us which season/show is being shown that time.
b] with the programme on two (sometimes three) channels at one time, it's even more difficult to know.

So far I have seen two or three programmes which have a little blonde in stead of the gorgeous Ziva (her version of "Temptation" will live in my mind for a long time).
But facebook (I nearly wrote 'faceache') seems to have a handle on the presentation of trailers and coats, even if the programme they write about will not be easily spotted on our TV for months.
According to one bit I read, Di Nozzo is leaving /has left.
Michael Weatherly is a very competent actor; he must be because Di Nozzo drives me completely mad.

Spoilers.............................























Yes, Emily Wickersham replaced Ziva three episodes into the 11th season.

Emily is no Ziva but does a decent job as puzzle solver, her role on the team.

At the end of the 13 season, which finished airing back in June, Tony has left.

It was very sad...(Big spoiler).....












1. Ziva was killed in Israel by a missile strike.
2. Tony found out he had a daughter with Ziva and met her. She knew who he was. Ziva had told her. She is 3 years old when Tony meets her.
3. Tony decides to leave NCIS to raise his and Ziva's daughter.

That's it for the end of season 13.
 
One other spoiler....

Ziva was killed on the orders of Trent Kort...he paid to have Ziva's fathers farm house bombed. He dies at the hands of the team at the end of the 24th episode of Season 13.
 
Stranger Things

I just finished watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix. Early reviews described it as 50% Steven Spielberg and 50% Stephen King, and that description turned out to be spot on. Winona Ryder's performance is stellar, but it's the kids who carry the show. I highly recommend it.
 
All right, this has been dormant for awhile, so here goes...

Movies...

We'll start with the newest first.

The Great Wall

It was pretty good. I had a unique spin on why the Great Wall was built. The action was good as were the FX. The acting was good enough to carry the movie. Matt Damon was good as always. The other actors held up their characters. All in all a pretty good action/adventure flick.

Star Wars: Rogue One

It's by Lucas, what can I say. It's a good movie that shows you how things happened between SW III and SW IV. FX are good, the acting is good. While not filled with the known characters of Star Wars, I like the ones that were in this one too.

Passengers

Hmm...what can I say. I have watched it twice now. Do I think it's good. As a love story, yes. As an action/adventure story...iffy. The acting is good, the plot is good, but fucked up. I'll probably watch it again if I get board.

Doctor Strange

I never read these comics as a kid. The movie was all right, but when I see Cumberbatch I think Sherlock Holmes. Even in the Star Trek movie he was in, I didn't see him a Khan, I saw him as Sherlock Holmes. Don't get me wrong, I did watch the entire movie. Twice. It was good.

Jack Reacher Never Go Back

Like the first movie Jack is up to his elbows in crime. Only this time he has Cobie Smulders working with him. The plot is a little thin, but I enjoyed the movie. Tom and Cobie are on the run half way through the movie and it's action, action, action to the end. If you liked the first one, which I did, you'll like this one.

Arrival

A must see. And that's all I'm going to say about this flick. See it, if you haven't already.

Patriots Day

Based on a true story, this was a very good movie. Mark Wahlberg was good in this one. Was it true to events? I think it was. Watch it.

Hidden Figures

One of the best films of 2016. I really liked this one. Everyone was very good. A must see.

Deep Water Horizon

Mark Wahlberg again. He was good as was Kurt Russell. The acting was good, the FX were good. I think it portrayed the way things were and why it happened. See it.

That's it for now...more later.
 
I just saw "Life." It's a well-worn plot idea: people stuck in a claustrophobic space with killer alien (Alien, The Thing, etc.). But it is well done and it seems more real than other similarly constructed movies. Lots of menace, suspense, and dread.
 
I just finished watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix. Early reviews described it as 50% Steven Spielberg and 50% Stephen King, and that description turned out to be spot on. Winona Ryder's performance is stellar, but it's the kids who carry the show. I highly recommend it.

We watched this a few months ago and really enjoyed it, can't wait for season 2.

We don't watch much tv, got rid of our Directv years ago, but we do have NetFlix.

There is nothing we feel like we have to watch. I'm so glad my kids aren't slaves to the tv. They really couldn't care less about any shows.

Now that said, we did watch all of OITNB. Kind of binge watched it a few months ago, excited for the next season.
Same with Shameless. A friend recommended it to me in August but I don't ever really watch anything except American Horror Story but haven't watched last season or the last 2 episodes of Hotel yet.
But about a month ago one of my sons told one of my daughters that she would like Shameless and she should watch and after the first episode she was hooked. So we've seen all of it now too, sort of. They watch, I just have it on in the background so I know sort of what is going on.
We did just try to watch Shameless UK and got a free trial of Hulu just to watch, but we can't get into it at all.

And that's really about it. We do watch Bob's Burgers sometimes, but there is nothing on tv we feel we have to see.
Oh sometimes when I can't sleep we leave it on Twilight Zone so we've seen all of those severeal times over.
 
For movies I am a complete horror whore...
I watched Bedeviled last night and I liked it.
I like pretty much all horror. Cheesy stuff, scary stuff, some gory stuff, not into vampires or aliens so much, but pretty much anything else. And yes I know I don't like alien movies, but I did like Stranger Things! I had no idea what it was about when I started watching or I probably would have never watched it.

I LOVE old 70s horror movies and have found a bunch on youtube.
 
I LOVE old 70s horror movies and have found a bunch on youtube.

Go find "Count Yorga, Vampire" and (obviously) "The Return of Count Yorga". An American B movie studio's attempt to emulate the classic English Hammer horror movies, but without Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Vampires in VW combi vans in Los Angeles, and hippies. Doesn't get better than that!
 
Watched Passengers, which Zeb noted above. I think it would have been way better if...











SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!















...if he died and the movie ended with her staring at a pod.
 
Go find "Count Yorga, Vampire" and (obviously) "The Return of Count Yorga". An American B movie studio's attempt to emulate the classic English Hammer horror movies, but without Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Vampires in VW combi vans in Los Angeles, and hippies. Doesn't get better than that!
I watch the Hammer Horror on youtube, some are really good, so kinda drag on! But I like that series. Another one I've found on youtube lately is called Ghost Story which was later changed to Circle Of Fear. Started in 71 and ran through 73 I think. I don't remember watching it when it was first on but I would have only been 4-6 so maybe that's why. But it's really a good series. Lots of big stars in it.

I'll have to look for Yorga, I may have seen it and just don't remember the name. Kind of hoping I haven't seen it yet, I need new old shows to watch!
 
We're 'enjoying' a re-run of "the Waltons".

But one channel is showing the very earliest of "the Avengers" (John Steed, Cathy Gale). And very enjoyable it is too. I never saw it the first time round.
 
Seeing this thread title just reminded me again how I won't get back the 13 hours I wasted on Iron Fist...wow,. it was bad.
 
TV series I'm currently watching, or just finished:

Twin Peaks (rewatch): I'm rewatching this with my boyfriend (we have always one series that we watch as a couple). We just started the 2nd season; it's funny how season 1 was practically immaculate, and season 2 feels off right from the get go.

RuPaul's Drag Race: It's the bestest TV series of all TV series ever of all time forever end of discussion period, so. That being said, the current season has been a bit luke-warm after a phenomenal season premiere. My favourites this season: Sasha, Nina, Shea, and Valentina.

Big Little Lies: Just finished this one, it's very good. The acting is off the charts. I never particularly cared for Nicole Kidman, but her work here is phenomenal. And I could watch Laura Dern all day long, no matter what she does.

Girls: Also just finished it. This series wasn't always easy to like, at times it grated like hell, but still I kept watching. And it had moments of true beauty. The penultimate episode was such a moment for me, I got teary eyed. The last episode, on the other hand, was a little awkward. But that, too, felt like an appropriate end somehow for this often awkward/charming series.

Good Behavior: As far as I've seen, it's good-not-great. So far, it's entertaining enough to keep me watching, but it's far from essential.
 
Go find "Count Yorga, Vampire" and (obviously) "The Return of Count Yorga". An American B movie studio's attempt to emulate the classic English Hammer horror movies, but without Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Vampires in VW combi vans in Los Angeles, and hippies. Doesn't get better than that!

I remember seeing those movies on TV when I was a kid. There was a scene, I think from second movie, when a bunch of hippie vampire girls crashed through some French doors into a house and massacred all inside. At the time it creeped me out pretty good.
 
Back
Top