History Replayed

"Sounds good, I'll just grab a book and do some work once the sublink on the wifi gets set up tomorrow. I'll meet you at the club? around 7ish?"

J was glad that everything seemed to be working out. There was something special and unique about Allan that she reveled in. With him she would be safe, and could finally be able to start her life over.

After his reply she slowly rose not wanting to release his hand, but eventually did. Finding a classic on the shelf she smiled to him wishing him good night and went through the maze of his house to her room.
 
Allen watched her ass, while listening to her blood roaring through her veins. He wasn't so sure which appealed the most to him at that very moment, but it was a tight race. Rather like her ass, he thought to himself.

He went to his office and made the calls that were required, spending much of the remainder of the night on the phone. With the weekly check in done with the Asian market, he took a moment to get a feel for when the sun would come up, and decided it was too close. He would not be able to get to a source of blood and get it ready before he would have to leave.

He pondered a moment going into her room and seeing if she would give him some, and decided against it. That conversation was for tomorrow night. There was not time to have it before sunrise, and an incomplete conversation invariably would lead to one of their deaths.

Something to be avoided.

He did leave the house however, and had his driver take him to another safe house where he spent the day catching up on Chicago land news and events.
 
Between the alcohol and the unloading of things that had been bottled up with in her for years she found her self falling asleep after reading just three pages. Her dreams were conflicting and did cause her to stir a bit, but not enough to shout out or wake up.

It was probably around noon when she awoke, placing some shorts and a t'shirt on she walked into the kitchen. "Hi, you must be Angela" she said as she went to the coffee maker.

"Yes, don't bother with that, I'll make you a cup. Are you hungry?" Angela replied looking way to pretty to actually be a cook.

"Um, actually yes a bit. Can I get a fried egg sandwich and some home fries if you have them? Also not to sound too picky but i like a bit of brown on my eggs"

"Not a problem, i'll have this ready in about 20 minutes for you. The technician for your wifi will be here at one. I wasn't quite sure when you'd be up so I hope that is ok?"

"That is perfect thank you Angela, I'll just go run and get a shower real quick."

Anglea merely nodded and smiled as J went to get her shower. Picking up the scissors she remembered Allen's request to keep it long. Putting them down she jumped in the over-sized twin rain shower and enjoyed the most wonderful shower she'd ever taken. With a brush of her teeth and combing out of her hair she pulled up a stool on the breakfast bar and enjoyed some imported coffee.

"Breakfast was amazing Angela thank you so much" "My pleasure." she replied

When the technician came J stayed her distance from him and pointed to where she wanted it installed. She simply stood in the door way. After he left J started to create the social media accounts and email for Bloodtastic.

When five o'clock rolled around she called a taxi to take her into the city to a salon. She had done some searches on what she wanted for her new hairdo.

She stopped by Akira a shop known for it sexy dress' and picked out an outfit and changed. It wasn't much longer before she was at Bloodtastic. Going around back she came in through the door for employees and headed up to Allens office wearing this and with hair like this.
 
Allen spent the day working and watching over J while in his State of rigor mortis. He changed the house staff to all females the distress that she felt from the IT person palpable through the haze of day time.

He arose right at sunset, and took a moment to assess the house and surrounding areas. He felt nothing to be concerned of, then dressed and headed to one of his feeding grounds. He spent an hour with his chosen meal before slacking his hunger on him, establishing the relationship and rapport that Allen required from his dinner sources.

He rose toward Bloodtastic and received a call on the way, the caller surprised him, "Peter."

The other voice was as smooth as a still lake, "Allen, we need to talk."

"Of course old friend, about?"

"You have a young woman in your house of great interest to my clan. Release her."

Even though he knew it was an inevitable call, it came faster than anticipated. "She is not mine to release, merely a guest of mine. "

Peter replied, "Of course, all I am saying is that she is of great interest to the clan. "

Allen laughed, "No, she is of interest to the family, in particular to Little Colt."

Peter replied, "That is a distinction the clan does not recognize. We and they, are one in the same."

"Regardless, she has no desire reacquaint herself with him."

Peter snorted, "I am unconcerned about her desires, release her."

Allen replied, "I will appraise her of your desires and let her decide."

"You would risk war for her?"

Allen's eyebrow shot up, "War for a mortal?" Saber rattling was one thing, but an outright threat, that was an unusual response. "If you are willing to war for a mortal, that may make me want to keep her. If nothing else as a bargaining chip. "

Peter sighed, "This is no time to be overly difficult Allen."

"Peter, if half of what she says he did is true, the only reason he is not in jail is because he is in the family. You and I have battled side by side in the past for our ability to choose our fates. I would not deny that to another. "

"I know. What does she know?"

Allen replied, "Nothing yet. Though hiding things indefinitely while she resides in one of my domiciles will be difficult. "

"Tell her nothing of the clan, " Peter demanded.

"Peter, if your clan chooses war for her, then that pretty much outs all of us. Including the relationship between your clan and the family."

Peter growled, "You are pissing me off, royalist."

Allen replied, "Never my intention. You and I have had a reliable and productive, and friendly, relationship for over a hundred years. You know better than most, if I am being difficult it is for a cause."

"You care for her."

"I care what Little Colt did to her. No more than that at this time."

"He cares for her Allen."

Allen nodded, "I am sure he does. But she doesn't. At all."

Peter's frustration was palpable as he replied, "We have gotten no where."

"True, but, how about this. I will tell her of his undying affection for her and his repentant heart at how he treated her. Then let her decide. As if you and I were not involved."

Peter replied, "It changes nothing if she stays with you. She must return."

Allen sighed, "Free will Peter, you and I killed a lot of mortals and vampires alike for that determination. You could say, that made us into what we are today."

Peter grunted, "Fine, one week," and hung up.

Allen was still mulling the situation and all the permutations over when he arrived at the club. Finding his way to the office he was still thinking it through when J breezed into the office.

He looked at her and smiled, "Well you certainly look the part. Very nice."

He turned toward her and said, "We need to talk. First I need history, namely yours, then I will fill you in with what I know."

He pointed at the sitting area in the office and walked over and sat on the couch. Once she settled in he asked, "What is your real name? The one on your birth certificate and you enrolled into university with?"
 
He was as handsome as she remembered from last evening. The note of approval from him of her new look was much needed. But the look changed as she sat down in the chair.

"We need to talk" Her heartbeat immediately increased as her eyes dilated and glanced to the exit then back to Allen. 'Trust J Trust him.' she told herself. It took her a moment as he told her he needed her history, her real name and college.

Her fingers gripped the chair tightly as if to keep herself from running. Had they found her? Had they threatened him and he had to send her on her own rather then risk his life and business'. Her eyes glassed up a little. It wouldn't have been the first time. She couldn't blame him if that was it.

Her voice cracked as she told him. "My name is Charlotte Michelson. I was born July 7th, 1993 in Cicero, Il. I started working for the paper when I was 22, I graduated from Northwestern college in 2014. I dated him in 2012 the assault happened in may of 2013 I was admitted to Northwestern Memorial Hospital."

The tears began to fall from her eyes and her body started to tremble "The folder, it's in my room at your house. It has all the documentation medical, police and anything else you might need to believe my story. That's what this is right? He found me and told you that I was making it all up?"

All she needed was confirmation and his words that he was gonna have to let her go so she could disappear once again.
 
Allen shook his head, "No. Even if he did tell me a story different than yours, I would believe you over him. Every time."

He made a run and come for J, handing it to her, he sat in the chair next to her.

"Without boring you with all the details as to why, I asked your name to see if there was any familial relationship that may pose a complication. "

Allen straightened the creases of his slacks and resumed, "A mutual friend called me staring empty platitudes of Little Colt's eternal love and affection for you."

He watched her closely, as he finished, "I will handle Little Colt, J. Do not fear for me."
 
The ice in her glass rattled as he said Colts name. She scoffed at his mention of Colts undying affection. "to him this is just a game. I could just give in, but it doesn't mean that he'd ever stop. If I give in, then it will be something new."

Her heart rate and breathing were increasing. She took a deep drink of the rum and coke that he had made her before speaking again.

"Why are you doing this? You just met me, there is no need for you to risk everything like this. I appreciate everything that you've done, giving me a place that's safe to stay, supplying me with a job, helping me to get a new identity, and just being so wonderful in general.

But this is way to much to ask of anyone. He's capable of destroying lives, creating a living hell. I can't let you risk your life."
 
Allen smiled and said, "Do not fear for me. He cannot harm me in the least."

He shrugged, "And if he tries, I will rain hell down on them."

He leaned over and patted J's knee. "I promise no harm to either of us. Him I can handle."

Leaning back Allen considered how much he could tell her, and ultimately it was not much. "There are rules that he has to follow, to ignore them means he will forfeit his life, and that of his family."

"While I am always open to new business opportunities theirs is not one I want to get into. A very crowded field that."
 
For the first time in his presence she didn't jump when he touched her. Perhaps it was because her mind was full of thoughts of where to go. The tone that he used was full of confidence and reassurance.

She had finished the drink and handed him her glass. "No more, it's not a good thing to get drunk at the beginning of your shift." She made a light smile appear, and made her wonder what it was that made her feel less afraid then she had ever been.

Her phone rang interrupting her thoughts, it was the paper. She swiped to decline the call. "I need to get a new burner phone". With most people their phones were their lifeline. With her it was just another thing to get rid of.

"It's obvious that I can't dissuade you from your resolution. So I will let it go, and try to be a more gracious roommate."

From that statement she moved on to a little more about work stuff, and showed him on her laptop what had been done. She had even created a blog. "It's okay to randomly take pictures and post them?"
 
Allen considered his answer then slowly shook his head, "No, at least not for now. Once you can identify the predators accurately one hundred percent of the time we can reevaluate that. "

He waved aimlessly and said, "The core clientele are very protective of their images, and do not like to be photographed. It can cause them some liability issues."

He paused a moment, then said, "You can ask people if they want to be photographed though."
 
"Okay" she said, somehow she knew that was the answer. She sat for a moment with a pensive look.

"What about one of those memory booths. It's the rage, or so i'm told. The twenty somethings like to document everything, and they now have an upload code so they can access them online and share them with their friends. We can also reserve the rights to use those photos for advertisement etc, and they pay 10.00 a session. We could get one with Halloween type theme to fit with the goth retro look."

"That actually solves two problems. The first, people are choosing to be invaded, and second I don't have to talk to people or be seen" She gave a half smile. Her nostrils flared slightly, "What's that cologne you're wearing? it suits you."
 
Allen nodded. "A memory booth should be fine. I can't see at the moment how that would cause any angst."

He looked a little surprised at her question about his cologne. He smiled, "It is a good traditional German cologne. Mauer & Fritz 4711 eau de Cologne. It has been in production since 1799 or so."

Leaning back he looked at J and pursed his lips, "I do wish you would hide your body less, though I understand why."

He asked, "If you could do any job here in Chicago, what would it be?"
 
"In my experience, a semi loose fitting t'shirt and a pair of sweatpants is enough to be considered asking for it. My purpose is to disappear, to not be noticed, to blend in like a boring wall paper.

If I wore this outfit during busy hours i wouldn't be doing that. This (the picture was of a sleeveless form fitting goth dress) was simply for your benefit, in my attempt to make an effort to fit into this new job you've provided."

She thought about his question of her preference of jobs in Chicago. "honestly, I wouldn't want to be here anymore. I would want to move to a secluded place in the mountains, which would have my food and such flown in once a month. I could be at one with nature, and write my renaissance romance. Not that my experience gives me much to go off of. But i'd like to think that I have an understanding of how it should be."

She smiled softly and then looked up to him teasing him lightly "Why are you going to run away with me to a remote castle?" She grinned for a moment and then the smile faded as it usually did.

"So it's a go on the memory box then, where would you like me to send you the research, vendors etc?"
 
Allen laughed, "I have thought, more than once, about buying a castle in Europe and having it shipped here to be reassembled. Though that poses a great risk to my privacy. One simply cannot hide a castle for long."

He clocked his head slightly and said, "In regard to clothing, no one will harass you here, or in my company. Well I might let, other than that you will be safe with me."

He stood and walked to the two way mirror and looked out over the vacant dancefloor. "Do what you will with the club, with in reason. If you want it, after a while, I will make you the general manager. Once you learn its secrets that is."
 
She smirked when he said he might harass her but no one else would. "I don't understand why you're going above and beyond for me."

Slowly she rose and walked closer to him as he stood looking out the mirrors. "Is that what you want Allen? Me in a position to know your secrets? Is there something that you want me to know, but can't tell me?" Her journalism skills were coming through poking at him.

Maybe that was an option piss him off then he'd kick her out and she wouldn't have to worry about him getting hurt. But something also told her pissing him off without a real reason wouldn't be the wisest of ideas she'd ever had.


"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be drilling you like a subject for an article. As for the castle, the purpose was to move away, not move it here" she laughed a little.
 
Allen turned and looked at J, "There is something in you I admire, and if truthful, desire."

He turned to her, his face stoic, "And yes there are secrets you must learn. About this club, me, and this city."

As he turned back to the glass he grinned, "And no, I won't tell you what, but will explain as you discover them."
 
Walking up beside him she looked out over the floor as well.

"I still owe you a non dramatic first date if you're interested. Though my new boss may not let me off work. It would be a shame to let this dress go to waste." She then leaned against him and whispered lightly, "I might even let you pick out some clothes for me." She leaned back and covered her mouth feigning a shocked expression.

There seemed to be something weighing on his mind, but she wasn't going to pry. No, right now she was going to enjoy the time she had with him, if she was able to begin life over, and he was part of it, she wasn't gong to let her past rule it.

She couldn't help but laugh at herself being silly. After all it really wasn't much of he nature.
 
The heat of her body against his for the moment or two that she suffered, seeped into him. He fought back the instinctual response of wrapping his arm around her. And once Allen saw her playful grin he was glad that he had.

His eyes danced merrily as he said in a flat voice, "Your boss might well beware me, for I would RIP his throat out for an hour with you. "

Turning toward her, Allen's eyes roamed up and down her body taking it in. "I would happily purchase you a new wardrobe, especially if it means you will throw away the oversized stuff you wear normally."

Allen crossed his hands in the middle of his back and stood still, almost preternaturally so. He leaned over, and whispered, "Afterall, it is a shame to cover up one of the most desirable bodies in Chicago."
 
A blush came over J's cheeks as she hadn't ever remembered before. "I will make a deal with you, at home, you may have me wear what you wish with in reason, for our dates, if there are more you may pick out my outfit if you'd like. I only ask that you start slow with the amount of revealing you'd like.

For example, i can't wear backless in public. I have scars. She said plainly. This is the shortest my dress can go...scars..I'm not comfortable with people looking at me, i get self conscious, wondering if maybe one of my scars is showing, and they're judging me thinking I must have deserved it. I know, it's all in my head, i'm working on it."

It hadn't escaped her notice how Allen got close, but kept his hands behind his back to avoid being to close. Slowly she stepped closer pressing her head against his chest and wrapping her arms around his muscled torso. Taking one hand, she tugged lightly on one of his arms giving him silent permission to wrap it around her if he wished.
 
Allen started the beat of his heart as he wrapped his arms around J. He pulled her close and allowed his fingers to slowly caress her back. Lowering his head he kissed the top of her head and murmured, "I want, need, you unlike I have wanted anyone in s very long time."

The feel of her body against his reminded him that at his core, he was Male, and she a very desirable female.

He leaned back and asked, "If I could find a surgeon who could remove the physical scars, would you be interested?"
 
"I would definitely consider it" she said softly as she worked on regulating her breathing after the statement he made. He wasn't being pushy, instead it seemed as simply an honest declaration. It was an odd feeling to not feel trapped, scared or intimidated. Instead, for the first time in a long time she felt safe, and more like herself then she had ever felt.

"I haven't been held like this in a very very long time. I haven't been this close to anyone in just as long. Your patience with me will pay off i promise" she said before burying her head against his chest again. She inhaled his scent deeply and kept a tight grip on him. This was what she needed more then anything at this moment.

"Where are you taking me for dinner boss man?"
 
Allen swept J up in his arms and carried her back to the couch whispering. "No where as long as you hold me like this."

He sat on the couch with J on his lap. He placed his hands in such a way she could easily wiggle away, or if she didn't could wrap her up again.
 
J's eyes flew open, her nostrils flared, and her body went entirely stiff when he picked her up. Then his voice came in a calming whisper to her ear. Teasing her about not going to dinner. Once he was on the couch with her on his lap he held her loosely.

Her arms went back around his waist, her head against his chest as she curled into him. "I feel safe with you Allen" she said softly. "it scares the hell out of me, but I think that some how i was meant to meet you. However, if I don't start doing the job you hired me for, i could happily sit here for the rest of the day. But then you wouldn't get your work done either, and then you couldn't take me out on that date." she smirked up to him raising her head off his chest.
 
As J raised her face up, Allen lowered his, and brushed his lips against hers. "So far, I believe, I have no pressing issues and can devote my evening to you."

He wrapped his arms around her, one high across her shoulders, the other low, all but cupping her firm ass cheek. "I can have something brought in, what would you like?"
 
The kiss, was light, non invasive, and his touch tender, and gentle, but not demanding or overly possessive. "I think" she said with a tone of adventure "I would like you to cook for me. You may even pick an outfit you'd like me to wear as long as it's not overly revealing of course."

Elbowing him him lightly she turned in his lap to look at him in the eyes. "What do you say? as for what do i want, i know you were talking about food. But really what i would like is a date with you, a non dramatic date, where we can close out the world and just be us."
 
Back
Top