The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true HP, we just keep what God let us have in urns to remember the time we had together. They all have their last collars and their best photo op beside them. Actually getting a bit crowded, we've had so many. I think God will let us in just for being so good to dogs and forgiving all our sins.

I think dogs and cats have the ability to sense spirits. I've watched them look at nothing apparently and follow it around, and I wonder what it is they see? No noises to startle them, but they wake quickly and look in the direction of whatever it is and I see nothing there, but they do. Must be good spirits, because they're not frightening them.

Years ago, long before we were married, my husband had a photo portrait of a man in what appeared to be late 19th or early 20th century attire. No one knew who the man was. My husband had picked it up at an auction. It was pretty cool to look at.

There was a small boy who wouldn't go into the living room because of that portrait. He said it scared him.

One day, while watching over my sister's little Yorkie, as we sat on the couch, the dog went ballistic. He shot off my lap, started snarling and barking viciously at the portrait. When I looked up, the face was looking at me, it's eyes somehow alive and menacing.

I snatched up the little dog and ran for the kitchen. That's where my husband found us--the dog still barking, me shaking--when he got home. He wanted to know what was wrong and I told him.

He walked in there to investigate. Next thing I knew, he was throwing a blanket over it and taking it down. He said it looked at him, too, and it gave him the creeps.

The terrorier at work!

P6270035.jpg

I just love your dog. Was he helping to dispose of the gophers?

Years ago, long before we were married, my husband had a photo portrait of a man in what appeared to be late 19th or early 20th century attire. No one knew who the man was. My husband had picked it up at an auction. It was pretty cool to look at.

There was a small boy who wouldn't go into the living room because of that portrait. He said it scared him.

One day, while watching over my sister's little Yorkie, as we sat on the couch, the dog went ballistic. He shot off my lap, started snarling and barking viciously at the portrait. When I looked up, the face was looking at me, it's eyes somehow alive and menacing.

I snatched up the little dog and ran for the kitchen. That's where my husband found us--the dog still barking, me shaking--when he got home. He wanted to know what was wrong and I told him.

He walked in there to investigate. Next thing I knew, he was throwing a blanket over it and taking it down. He said it looked at him, too, and it gave him the creeps.

I just love your dog. Was he helping to dispose of the gophers?

She was trying. Rat terriers are much more above ground pest control than real diggers. If one of the varmints ever sneaks up to the top of it's hole when she's outside, it's chances are slim. However, the blessed thing is old, big and cautious. I shall have to continue my efforts after I've finished up in the kitchen and gone to the hardware store.

She was trying. Rat terriers are much more above ground pest control than real diggers. If one of the varmints ever sneaks up to the top of it's hole when she's outside, it's chances are slim. However, the blessed thing is old, big and cautious. I shall have to continue my efforts after I've finished up in the kitchen and gone to the hardware store.

If I lived in a hole in your backyard, I'd be pretty cautious too.

If I lived in a hole in your backyard, I'd be pretty cautious too.

Speaking of gorpher holes, the one in my front yard at present is 17,161 feet deep. The first 10,881 feet is only 6 7/8 inches. The rest is somewhere around 6 1/8 inches. Watch that first step and the gopher had better be wearing asbestos underwear, the bottom hole temp is around 380 degrees.

Afternoon all :D

I am so, so glad that was aimed at Tricialen

And there are several types of frozen rain. There's the fluffy kind (snow), the hard kind (hail) and the soggy kind (sleet).

Then there's the interesting kind. The sort that comes down real hard, in large drops, almost like stair-rods, hard enough to bounce back up. The sort you really should not be riding your old motor bike in. . . . . .

It's kinda like frozen rain. You do have rain, don'tcha' ?

Sometimes. Usually when it rains here the sky cuts loose and then there isn't any for weeks. That's why when my daughter was stationed in Banbury, she was baffled by her neighbors complaints. London had officially declared a drought and limited the use of water. The neighbors were bitter. My daughter was amused. Drought? Excuse me, but drought is when there isn't any water. I'm from California and I know from drought. This isn't a drought. It can't be, it's still raining every week!

Speaking of gorpher holes, the one in my front yard at present is 17,161 feet deep. The first 10,881 feet is only 6 7/8 inches. The rest is somewhere around 6 1/8 inches. Watch that first step and the gopher had better be wearing asbestos underwear, the bottom hole temp is around 380 degrees.

Afternoon all :D

You're crazy...

So there we go. Another weekend over. Alarm clock switched back on for the working week.

Well, thanks for destroying the rest of my Sunday. :rolleyes:

It's kinda like frozen rain. You do have rain, don'tcha' ?

It never rains in Southeeeernnn California. Everybody sing!

Sometimes. Usually when it rains here the sky cuts loose and then there isn't any for weeks. That's why when my daughter was stationed in Banbury, she was baffled by her neighbors complaints. London had officially declared a drought and limited the use of water. The neighbors were bitter. My daughter was amused. Drought? Excuse me, but drought is when there isn't any water. I'm from California and I know from drought. This isn't a drought. It can't be, it's still raining every week!

It's not a drought. It's a desert.

You're crazy...

Well, thanks for destroying the rest of my Sunday. :rolleyes:

It never rains in Southeeeernnn California. Everybody sing!

It's not a drought. It's a desert.

Got that right! We have a hard time convincing immigrants of the fact. "No, you can't wash your driveway down with a hose. It wastes water. No, you can't leave your sprinklers on overnight. No, you don't get a rebate from the water company when you put in a pool. No . . . "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back