is there still no hockey?

also, why the hell are the lions on in prime time tonight? how they fixed that shit. i mean, i want them to win so that i can like them again without feeling like a moron, but they suck. move that shit to monday, assholes.

and there you go. i'm done blurting about sports for the moment.

you bastards.

Broncos have won eight in a row.

Chew on that.

chew on nothing. you know i like them. i was just pissed at them for kicking plummer to the curb despite the fact that he won games. now they have manning and i like manning so i can like them again. well, i can like them until they do something stupid again anyway.

seriously though: is there going to be hockey or is the nhl seriously intent on making itself completely irrelevant?

They'll get it done by Christmas, not that I care....

seriously though: is there going to be hockey or is the nhl seriously intent on making itself completely irrelevant?

From what I have heard there is not going to be an NHL season this year. The sides are rather far apart, there are virtually never any meetings and the list of issues eems to be growing.

I think that if they cannot get it together very soon (before January) the season is toast and it does not look like that is very likely. I also think that there is a huge amount of resentment in natural Hockey markets about the behaviour of these clowns. Not a pretty situation.

From what I have heard there is not going to be an NHL season this year. The sides are rather far apart, there are virtually never any meetings and the list of issues eems to be growing.

I think that if they cannot get it together very soon (before January) the season is toast and it does not look like that is very likely. I also think that there is a huge amount of resentment in natural Hockey markets about the behaviour of these clowns. Not a pretty situation.

it amazes me that they do this kind of thing. What a turn-off

but, I guess the fans will be back once its resolved.....

It's so smart.

Least favorite of the 4 major US sports and they aren't going to play for a while. Yay for losing more fans.

go nordiques!

The last time the Habs won the Cup in 93 they eliminated the Nordiques along the way...I watched the Montreal games of that series at the old Montreal Forum.

Best place ever to watch a hockey game, the old Montreal Forum.

The Seasons Tickets holders would dress up and bring their dolled-up expensive looking wives/girlfriends...the rink had a fantastic atmosphere, and each game was truly an "event".

It was also a great set of games...Quebec had a great roster...Mats Sundin, Joe Sakic, Mike Ricci, etc...

it amazes me that they do this kind of thing. What a turn-off

but, I guess the fans will be back once its resolved.....

They came back lat time but this is the third lockout in recent years. Labor vs. management problems go back a long way in Hockey but you would think they could establish a basic model and stick with it.

In any case any frans I know are TV types we will have to see what ticket payers think.

It's so smart.

Least favorite of the 4 major US sports and they aren't going to play for a while. Yay for losing more fans.

Bizzare is a better term. The NHL (Bettman) haqve worked hard to bring Hockey to the sunbelt states (read possible national TV contract) and then they shoot themselves in the foot by being unable to provide a product.:confused:

Betteman deserves to be shot.

Put Don Cherry or Wayne Gretzky in charge of the NHL and watch it flourish.

Talks broke down on Friday after one hour.

I think the season is toast now.

Talks broke down on Friday after one hour.

I think the season is toast now.
They had a meeting recently without Bettman or the head of the NHLPA just six owners and six player's reps. The meeting did not produce anything but it sort of shows how desperate they are.

One hour is not much of a meeting.:(

Intent on making itself completely irrelevent? They already did that the minute they refused to negotiate and locked the players out.

Back