OOC: Dark Seed

Lol Jedi. We do indeed play SWTOR. Have several characters in fact. But we don't actually play all that often. Real life and all that jazz.

Well, large life events? Angelus and I are now married and have a 10 week old son :)

That pretty much sums us up lol.

Amen, I will get a post up soon. Hopefully by tomorrow. Then we can start to play. Also im eagerly awaiting sheana's post to see how she will react to the suffering alezal is currently wreaking :)
 
Lol Jedi. We do indeed play SWTOR. Have several characters in fact. But we don't actually play all that often. Real life and all that jazz.

Well, large life events? Angelus and I are now married and have a 10 week old son :)

That pretty much sums us up lol.

Amen, I will get a post up soon. Hopefully by tomorrow. Then we can start to play. Also im eagerly awaiting sheana's post to see how she will react to the suffering alezal is currently wreaking :)

Congrats to the both of you on your marriage and your son. Hope you have many happy years together ahead of you.

As for playing SWTOR, I've been known to do marathon gaming sessions where I play pretty much the entire night when I'm not at work. I've also been known to pretty much ignore it for months at a time. However, with this thread, I just may have to cut back a little from my gaming sessions. A welcome change, perhaps.

I'm going to put some work into writing up my Trooper now before I head off to bed. If a Trooper doesn't work, I also have an Inquisitor, Smuggler, Knight, and Consular to work with, so let me know.
 
I reckon a trooper would work well in this thread; he would be the military face of the thread.
 
I reckon a trooper would work well in this thread; he would be the military face of the thread.

Then without further ado, here's my Trooper:
attachment.php


Name: Jodoh Galak
Affiliation: Republic Trooper
Age: 45
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Height: 6’6”
Weight: 220lbs
Eye Color: One brown, one cybernetic
Hair Color: Brown
Skin Color: Light tan

How many weapons you have, what type: Primary – heavily modified blaster rifle; Secondary – standard issue blaster pistol, whatever else the Republic military sees fit to provide; heavy armor and a strong personal shield generator for defense
Ship: Republic issued BT-7 Thunderclap “Havoc Prime”
Bio:
Born and raised on the planet Carida, home of a prominent training facility, the military is in Jodoh’s blood. Several years after joining the military, Jodoh was on a training mission in the forests of Carida when his squad was ambushed by wild predators. The ambush was defeated, but not without serious injuries to members of the squad, including Jodoh losing an eye when a creature’s claws slashed his face. After returning to base bloodied, Jodoh was given a cybernetic eye as a replacement, but opted to keep the scars from the beast’s claws. To this day, Jodoh bears the claw marks from his forehead, across his cybernetic eye, and down to his cheek.

Not long after the attack, Jodoh was transferred to the front lines in the war with the Sith Empire, and there he made a name for himself, eventually being recruited into Havoc Squad, the best Spec Ops force the Republic has to offer. During his tenure with Havoc Squad, Jodoh rose through the ranks, eventually reaching the rank of Major and becoming commander of Havoc Squad prior to the Treaty of Coruscant.

All but retired from the military and his position in Havoc Squad during the “peace” that followed the Treaty, Jodoh still has the favor of the military, granting him access to the best equipment and armor they can provide. His current set of armor still bears the Havoc Squad emblem, an honor given to him for his years of service. To those with a practiced eye, his armor also bears the marks of some of his past battles – pot marks from blasters and even some scoring from lightsabers – despite being kept in good condition, evidence to the durability of his armor and his ability to survive and overcome.

Jodoh has a younger half-brother who is strong in the Force and was trained to be a Jedi Knight. However, despite being brothers, Jodoh doesn’t have any noticeable Force sensitivity, so he never received training as a Jedi. However, the Jedi that have served beside him in battle have often said that the Force must be on his side in order for him to have survived for so long, to which Jodoh simply states that it is nothing but blood, guts, and good training keeping him alive.

Even without his armor, Jodoh is a tough solider to beat, considering that all six foot six and two hundred and twenty pounds of him is pure, chiseled soldier. Encased in his heavy armor and with a personal shield generator, Jodoh fits the very definition of a walking, man-sized tank and shows no fear in wading into the line of fire, drawing the enemy’s attention and giving his fellow soldiers a chance to survive.


I figure for his opening post(s), I'll have Jodoh doing a milk run tour of some lesser training facilities and outposts, prime targets for a Sith looking to cause some mayhem and destruction, perhaps.
 

Attachments

  • Jodoh Galak.jpg
    Jodoh Galak.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I like your character Jedi. I have a question though. Is he still with the military or does he come along and help them when they need it?

Other than that, go ahead and post. I reckon your idea is a good one and would love to see what he can do.
 
Sorry to ask this but Sheana, can you please post.

wombat, I have left and opening for a post for you. Sorry I haven't done so until now. Killing Jedi's takes its time.
 
That's okay Sheana. I hope you feel better now.

Sorry if I seemed a little pushy.

I thought Kit might be the type of person to do that, especially with how he would love his freedom.
 
I like your character Jedi. I have a question though. Is he still with the military or does he come along and help them when they need it?

Other than that, go ahead and post. I reckon your idea is a good one and would love to see what he can do.

I would say that he's in mock retirement. Almost like the reserves, possibly. He hasn't officially retired from the military, but he is no longer commander of Havoc Squad, even though if the situation came about, the current commander would defer to Jodoh. Because he's not officially retired, the military can order him to go run missions and such, but because of his years of service, they prefer to ask nicely instead, afraid that if they do issue an order, he will actually retire and they'll lose someone who's mere presence provides a big morale boost to the common soldier.

So, in answer to your question, I think the answer is yes. :)

I'll start work on his intro post shortly, and also see if I can get a screen shot of him from the game to post with his bio.
 
Cool. That very much answers my question.

As I said before, I cannot wait to see what he gets up to. Speaking of a bio pic maybe I should post the one of the character that most closely resembles Alezal. It might be easier for everyone to picture him then.
 
I have now added an image of Jodoh in full armor to his bio. I would add an image of him without his helmet, but I don't think he'd look his age. Hm...I just might anyways. We'll see.
 
Ok posted shadows first intro. Hope it leaves you enough wriggle room to send her wherever she needs to go and do her dirty work. LOL

Will also try to get a screenshot of her from SWOTOR
 
Wondered if there might be some room left for a supporting cast member?

I've had some experience with play-by-post RP but it has been a number of years and never here on Lit. But I find myself really wanting to try my hand again and this thread seems like a fun read. If you could use another hand, I present;

Name: Lee Grantley
Affiliation: Smuggler/Gunslinger
Age: 31
Race: Human, with augmented left eye
Gender: Male
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 190lbs
Eye Color: Green living/ Blue pinpoint cyborg ocular implant for the left eye.
Hair Color: Black
Skin Color: Pale spacers tan

How many weapons you have, what type: Twin Heavy Blasters, custom modified, twin echani fighting knives, coated in cortosis weave. He wears the blasters in low slung holsters, the knives sheathed crossed at the small of his back, under his Black synthleather jacket.

Ship: The Last Ditch Light Freighter, heavily armed, with fore and aft lasers, concussion missiles, military grade shield and sensor package, as well as a state of the art hyperdrive.

Bio: Lee Grantley is a former Republic Special Forces officer, his rank actually was Captain. He retired after the battle of Coruscant, went into business for himself as a gun runner and general smuggler for hire. He tries to stay under the radar of both the Republic, and the Empire, doing business with either equally, as long as the pay is good and the cost isn't too high.

He doesn't play politics, but he takes it mighty personal when innocent people are made to suffer. Some part of him still feels like the galaxy needs a hero, even though he's no longer in that business, and if pushed too far, he has been known to take things to extremes, even risk his life and livelihood, to bring down a sufficiently disturbed badguy. He's a gambler, a drinker and a want-to-be ladies man who pretends to be harmless, unsuccessfully.

Hope you find this acceptable. Let me know.
 
I like the character Nevyn. Having a smuggler around might just be a little bit, interesting. Feel free to do an intro post when you ready.
 
I like the character Nevyn. Having a smuggler around might just be a little bit, interesting. Feel free to do an intro post when you ready.

There ya go Angelus. Hope I gave you something you can work with. Later, I'll add some more dream sequences that explain how Lee actually lost his eye.

Btw...Lee is also based on a SWTOR character.

REALLY hope I didn't just kill the thread. I do that sometimes.
 
Last edited:
I doubt if you killed the thread Nevyn; not if I have something to say about it you haven't.
 
I'm working a second post which is a continuation of the first. As it is, it'll probably be a couple of days before I can get it posted.

The first post turned out to be more setting focused than I thought it would be, so hopefully the second one will start showing some character.
 
Nevyn, you didn't kill the thread. I've just been really really busy and have not had the chance to post again. I don't think this thread will actually die. It'll just be one of the slower more interesting ones lol!!
 
Nevyn, you didn't kill the thread. I've just been really really busy and have not had the chance to post again. I don't think this thread will actually die. It'll just be one of the slower more interesting ones lol!!

Well, as long as I we can have fun and give the people some quality to read, it's worth it, right? I was just sort of concerned that my post didn't fit and everyone was stumped on how to incorporate it.
 
Sorry all.

Just been really busy with RL. I will post something again really soon. Once more sorry
 
I am at the computer right now. And I am going to post..

I swear it by my pretty floral bonnet!!!
 
Omg, I just had a flash back to 2000 and Fatso....

I'm sorry Wombat, your picture is just that cute!
 
Back
Top