Some drawings and sketches

Oh right, feel free to check out my stuff too:


http://ladyreiha.deviantart.com


also, feel free to befriend me on there ( this goes for everyone!)

thank you LadyReiha.

i'm actually checking out your work there. awesome stuff :p i particularly like the unfinished hand scribbles lol. but the finished ones are very neat.

i don't have a deviantArt account because my art is mostly geared toward adult-oriented themes.. but i'll be sure to check your work out. thanks again.

ps. is the siggy one of your works? because seriously that's really neat.
 
Kim, sorry I didn't get around to responding to your links sooner. I think you have some serious talent, and I hope you keep at it. How good you are is just a matter of time and effort, you clearly have a great imagination already. :rose::rose:

(faves: Girl in the stockings and the silhouette of a man with the dragon cock:devil:)
 
Firefly

Been watching the Firefly series. Here's a picture for the fans:
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • mal and inara.jpg
    mal and inara.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 280
so THAT'S what a "Companion" does... huge smile. very interesting.

loved that show, Spesh. so sad that it is no more. sigh. thanks for bringing it back to life with your pencil. :rose::kiss:
 
so THAT'S what a "Companion" does... huge smile. very interesting.

loved that show, Spesh. so sad that it is no more. sigh. thanks for bringing it back to life with your pencil. :rose::kiss:

I had fun. I'm not sure what a companion does, but I figure they're adaptable to the wants and needs of petty thieves. Also, as fun as the series is, you can at least be glad that they quit while they were awesome instead of dragging out into the umpteenth season and hashing out every possible love swap or tawdry plot device imaginable. Right? That's the silver lining I look at when I see the last episode now looming on my netflix..
 
I had fun. I'm not sure what a companion does, but I figure they're adaptable to the wants and needs of petty thieves. Also, as fun as the series is, you can at least be glad that they quit while they were awesome instead of dragging out into the umpteenth season and hashing out every possible love swap or tawdry plot device imaginable. Right? That's the silver lining I look at when I see the last episode now looming on my netflix..

there is still the movie for you to look forward to. it ties the loose ends that the last episode leaves hanging pretty well. after that... you can always re-watch them wheen you need a Firefly fix. ;)
 
Awesome.....!!!

Thanks. That AV is awesome. :devil:

there is still the movie for you to look forward to. it ties the loose ends that the last episode leaves hanging pretty well. after that... you can always re-watch them wheen you need a Firefly fix. ;)

Yep, that is definitely a major consideration for me. I must say I'm quite caught up in the show. It's really a manly show in a lot of ways, pleasant, gripping, relaxing all at the same time. Hopefully some entertainment minded folks get a clue and keep giving us shows that are friendly to those who are independence-minded.
 
Been watching the Firefly series. Here's a picture for the fans:
attachment.php

Yep, that is definitely a major consideration for me. I must say I'm quite caught up in the show. It's really a manly show in a lot of ways, pleasant, gripping, relaxing all at the same time. Hopefully some entertainment minded folks get a clue and keep giving us shows that are friendly to those who are independence-minded.

it was a terrible, terrible day when I learned it was cancelled... then a glimmer of light when the movie was announced, and finally a little closure when I got to see it.

(I put the pic in my post just so people could see it again without going back a page. ;) )
 
I just made some changes, darkened some lines, fixed an unerased bit of hair in her face, and .. welp here goes!
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • mal-and-inara-redux.jpg
    mal-and-inara-redux.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 267
my gosh... it is amazing what a huge difference shading makes. awesome wprk, Spesh.
 
Last edited:
my gosh... it is amazing what a huge difference shading makes. awesome work, Spesh.

Ah you know, I do enjoy all the encouragement. Don't they seem happy together?

Wow, very nice work!

Thanks!! I hope I can find the time to do another one soon! :eek:

Now -- my take on it, without finishing the end, is this. A captain's job is simple. Do the job. Keep flying. Wash pointed out that the Captain is against "relationships" on the ship -- it complicates things. Examples in the story prove this.

Mal is afraid of Inara's "wiles." He's afraid she would hold all the cards, cloud his judgment, and pretty much the ship would slowly be turned over to her. Decisions would be made in her interests -- not bad for someone who is just renting a shuttle. So from his perspective, the crew would see him thinking with his dick, allowing a "whore" (his oft-repeated words) to undermine them. They see a lack of consistency. They'd lose faith in him. Either they'd leave or the authority of his command would be broken, and then what? It's over, can't keep flying. I could totally see why he could be blind to the hints and clues -- his eyes are shut tight and he's telling himself "nononononono.."

As for Inara never letting on, never giving him a clue -- simple too. She's given him his clue -- "a companion chooses who she wants to be with." Beyond that, it's up to him, but he doesn't make it easy. As inscrutable as he is, there is a lot that he is consistent about. His ship. Keep flying. Do the job. She gets that. She also gets that he's afraid of relationships. So if she reveals her feelings, Mal could use his being captain as an excuse to reject her.. again, out of his fear, but spinning it in a noble way. The whore jokes would just get more biting and cruel, she'd leave in a huff, robbed of her mystique among that crew. Mal wouldn't be happy either, when that happens, but pride would drive them apart. Big mess. Only way for it to work is if he initiates -- heck, he might have to really work for it too, he can be so insensitive.

But if he could just grow a pair and tell her he loves her, when the timing is right, man. Those wiles could get put to good use!
 
I love the Firefly series and Serenity movie.

Though it seems you are thinking about it quite a bit! (too much?) ;)

There definitely fuel for fantasy there! I am glad to see you exploring it.
 
Thinking about it too much? Indeed. It may have been the suspense, as I would typically watch about 3-4 episodes a week, and I had just gotten to the point where Inara announced she was leaving.

Now that I've seen the whole thing, I guess there's not much more guesswork and predictions to make. Glad you like the series too. :nana::nana::nana:
 
Nina and Renee

Leading up to my next chapter installment.. figure I'd present something for the visual arts corner! :devil:

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • nina-and-renee.jpg
    nina-and-renee.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 260
great thread spesh!

i really like your sketches and it's style. some things depicted on the sketches are the dream of a man. do u earn your living with illustrations?
 
Last edited:
great thread spesh!

u really like your sketches and it's style. some things are really the dream of a man. do u earn your living with illustrations?

Thank you, boy_wonder. Do I draw for a living? Not at all. I did consider it when I was younger, thought I'd grow up to be an artist. Smart girls stayed away.

Dreams of a man? I suppose so :D
 
Back
Top