Space for Whatchamacallits

Friends who give you cocoa beans instead of actual chocolate?

glares at Scuttle

Give a girl chocolate, and she'll have chocolate for a day.

Teach a girl to make her own chocolate, and she'll probably have more of it if she has enough of the raw materials to make chocolate from, I guess.
 
Friends who give you cocoa beans instead of actual chocolate?

glares at Scuttle

Life is about more than chocolate, you know. ;) There's also chocolate milk. And the best damn chocolate milk to be bought is in Norway. "Q sjokolademelk"

The big Q is a delicious play on word as the letter Q and the norwegian word for cow (ku) are pronounced the same way. ;)
 
Leaping on the chocolate bandwagon

This is a recipe for Hot Chocolate that I particularly like. It's so good I'm surprised it's legal. It's better in colder weather, but chocolate is like sex. When it's good it's magnificent, when it's bad, it's still pretty good :)

Alcohol can be added to taste, as can honey. As for chocolate, the darker the better. The recipe assumes a standard sized bar (about 100g)

Ingredients:

Half a pint of milk

Half a bar of chocolate

Cream (whipped)

A couple of cinnamon sticks

Method:

Boil a pan of water. Remove from heat. Break the chocolate into a bowl and place over the pan and allow to melt. DON'T LET ANY WATER TOUCH THE CHOCOLATE!

Drop the milk and the cinnamon sticks into another pan and simmer over a low heat for 5 mins or so until the cinnamon has flavoured the milk. Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks

Pour the hot milk into the melted chocolate and whisk to mix. Serve in Irish coffee glasses topped with whipped cream. Sprinkle with grated chocolate for overkill

If you're adding alcohol, this is best poured into the glass before the chocolate.

Serves two, in theory :)
 
I got called an eccentric genius :)

I have no idea why, but the guy who said it asked how I wanted to be credited for editing his story. I suggested: ALL HAIL FEGG! LOOK UPON HIS EDITS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR!! He went for something a bit more restrained.

Anyway, if you're into stories about girls with swords, then this one is worth your time. it's fairly long, but it's definitely worth reading if the genre appeals.

Fencing Academy. Or Hell hath no fury like a bitch with a blade...
 
The thread is withering, chaps and chappesses! This oasis of civilisation and decency! We must reinvigorate it with the waters of sweet discourse and the soil of Fancy.

<Whistles with hands in pockets. Wanders around aimlessly. Rearranges an ornament.>
 
Starry, you darling!

gives big hug and bigger Easter Egg

What's in London? I've missed you!

-squeals and happily accepts the egg and the hug- Missed you too! I had a uni thing there, and friends, and libraries and markets and sangria YAAAAY-

-stops suddenly, turns around and pounces onto Des- I've missed you as well! Thought you like, died or something D=

I LOVE girls with swords, Bert. Good job with ze editing!
 
I LOVE girls with swords, Bert. Good job with ze editing!

I can't tell a lie, I barely had to touch it. I think it's got serious classic potential.

Good to see you back anyway Starry :)

So, anyone bring along a bucket of Sweet Discourse and a couple of wheelbarrows of Fancy? A shovel and a rake might be handy too. I could probably supply a cubic metre of bullshit as fertiliser...

I wonder what would grow...
 
I have been on Lit ONE YEAR today!!

And what a year it's been. It's had it's ups and downs, I've made some lovely new friends, and I've learned a lot more about myself as a person. Not to mention I met my wonderful, amazing, handsome, and downright sexalicious soulmate, who I get to kiss in just over three weeks!

I am so happy to have met all of you lovely people! Here's to another wonderful year, surrounded by wonderful people, with love and health and abundant happiness!

throws a HUGE party!!!
 
I have been on Lit ONE YEAR today!!

And what a year it's been. It's had it's ups and downs, I've made some lovely new friends, and I've learned a lot more about myself as a person. Not to mention I met my wonderful, amazing, handsome, and downright sexalicious soulmate, who I get to kiss in just over three weeks!

I am so happy to have met all of you lovely people! Here's to another wonderful year, surrounded by wonderful people, with love and health and abundant happiness!

throws a HUGE party!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*puts on sombrero and throws chocolate and ice cream around*

:)
 
Is it fancy dress? May I come as St. Sebastian?

<Thinks: I shall anyway, so there.>

And happy Literversary, Ms. Serpentine. May your beau be as splendid as the Apollo Belvedere and twice as charming as Mr Darcy when at last you meet in this sublunary plane we call the Real.

Rum punch, anyone?
 
This is on the cusp of relevance, but you know cake mixture can also be deep fried, for those times when only pudding will do, and patience took a holiday :)
 
-stops suddenly, turns around and pounces onto Des- I've missed you as well! Thought you like, died or something D=

<Blushes with pleasure, at both the recognition and the physical contact.>

The feeling is more than mutual, Ms Starry-Eyed. I did indeed die. But then I rose again more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Then I had a nap.
 
Just had an interesting twenty minutes with a couple of Jehova's Witnesses :)

I think that's the universe punishing me for saying to a girl that her arse was so gorgeous it could be the basis of it's own religion.

although that did give me the seed of a story. A girl with a perfect arse. Pursued by religious fundamentalists convinced it's the holy grail and also by radical atheists who want to keep it [and her] away from them. a bit like The President's Analyst, but a much nicer shape...

Also I finally worked out the rest of the chords for Each And Every One. Can't put them together yet, but that's just muscle memory. The end is in sight.

Anyway, I'm hoping this means that it's going to be a universally good day and not just a good one for me :)

Hope it's a particularly joyful day for you Serps, what with this being your thread, and you being so lovely and all :)

Happy Friday everyone :)
 
Last edited:
It's so great when you can finally play a new song, especially if it takes you forever to learn! I'm having a musical Friday too ;D
 
Did you know that Radiohead were originally called On a Friday, since when they started at school that was the only day they could rehearse?

Don't thank me. It's a service I provide.
 
By the way, am I right in thinking that the three of us are all guitarists? That must be something of a coincidence, if true.
 
Your facts never fail to delight!

. . . ohoho I feel a jam session coming along! I think we should form Literotica's first band.
 
Did you know that Radiohead were originally called On a Friday, since when they started at school that was the only day they could rehearse?

Don't thank me. It's a service I provide.

I never could get into Radiohead. Just something about them that never did it for me.
 
Back
Top