GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww. Good with the Ritz crackers. And they're actually proving to be a nice complement to the Jack and Coke. That whole peanut thing goin' on.
I don't know if I could get past the thought of it.

Now, if I was doing just straight shots of Jack, it might be different... But, that's dangerous activity..... :cool:

Well, let's just say that I was very popular among the boys in high school.... :D

Heh. I couldn't be bothered in high school. They were just too... boring!

I was too interested in just getting out of there. College was a completely different story. :D

I wish we could all live without shame. And accept each other without shame. The world would be such a better place, then. Alas, idealism doesn't last long in this world.

I agree completely.

Are you at all familiar with a case that came out of Vermont a few years ago - that is still ongoing? I've followed it rather closely, as the woman in Vermont is a friend of mine, albeit, not a close friend.

The same-sex child custody issues between Vermont and Virginia? There was a whole element of shame regarding the woman in Virginia, who is, from what I can tell, completely denying who she really is.

It was the Miller-Jenkins case. You can google Janet Miller-Jenkins and find all kinds of information about it.

It's so sad...

Heh. I couldn't be bothered in high school. They were just too... boring!

I was too interested in just getting out of there. College was a completely different story. :D

As long as they kept their mouths shut, I didn't find them boring at all. Hehe....

I agree completely.

Are you at all familiar with a case that came out of Vermont a few years ago - that is still ongoing? I've followed it rather closely, as the woman in Vermont is a friend of mine, albeit, not a close friend.

The same-sex child custody issues between Vermont and Virginia? There was a whole element of shame regarding the woman in Virginia, who is, from what I can tell, completely denying who she really is.

It was the Miller-Jenkins case. You can google Janet Miller-Jenkins and find all kinds of information about it.

It's so sad...

Aww. I'm not familiar with it, but I can imagine. It's cases like that, that have made me such a bit supporter of the Human Rights Campaign.

Yesterday I talked with a friend about a guy I have been seeing for quite some time. I told them how we met and how we just seemed to 'click.' Almost felt like I found someone I barely remember and just had to fill in the details (sorry I can't explain it any better than that). I like the way he thinks, how adept he is with emotions, and how he seems to know what I'm thinking or feeling...and I seem to sense his own thoughts and feelings--almost like reading a book. From the beginning we've always shared how we felt, what we thought of the other, and of course, our hopes and dreams. I talked of how much I enjoyed his sexuality... the fun we've had... especially with sharing women (never felt more at peace with my sexuality). I told my friend how he calls me his precious and how tender he is around me... though his mind can be in the gutter at times... but then again so is mine from time to time. Now that he's out of town for a week... I explained to my friend how I feel like a piece of myself is gone. He sent a few text messages saying how much he misses me and that he'll call tomorrow.

My friend listened to all of this... including the details I left out here... they were real silent for a few moments... Then they said, considering how long you two have been together... it sounds like you're in love... I've felt that way since the first time we met... but always disregarded it as just infatuation... and he has too. We always talked about how much we cared for one another... how much affection we have for one another... but both of us had been avoiding the "L" word.

But there's a part of me that wants to jump with joy and shout, "I'm in love!" Feels like I've been wanting to do that for a long time now... funny that I would try to hide it... I can't wait till he gets back... if I know him as well as I think I do... then I know what his answer will be...

Mood: Feel like celebrating!
Underwear: Black cotton underwear... rather stylish...
Listening to: "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (like all kinds of music... this just seemed appropriate)

Yesterday I talked with a friend about a guy I have been seeing for quite some time. I told them how we met and how we just seemed to 'click.' Almost felt like I found someone I barely remember and just had to fill in the details (sorry I can't explain it any better than that). I like the way he thinks, how adept he is with emotions, and how he seems to know what I'm thinking or feeling...and I seem to sense his own thoughts and feelings--almost like reading a book. From the beginning we've always shared how we felt, what we thought of the other, and of course, our hopes and dreams. I talked of how much I enjoyed his sexuality... the fun we've had... especially with sharing women (never felt more at peace with my sexuality). I told my friend how he calls me his precious and how tender he is around me... though his mind can be in the gutter at times... but then again so is mine from time to time. Now that he's out of town for a week... I explained to my friend how I feel like a piece of myself is gone. He sent a few text messages saying how much he misses me and that he'll call tomorrow.

My friend listened to all of this... including the details I left out here... they were real silent for a few moments... Then they said, considering how long you two have been together... it sounds like you're in love... I've felt that way since the first time we met... but always disregarded it as just infatuation... and he has too. We always talked about how much we cared for one another... how much affection we have for one another... but both of us had been avoiding the "L" word.

But there's a part of me that wants to jump with joy and shout, "I'm in love!" Feels like I've been wanting to do that for a long time now... funny that I would try to hide it... I can't wait till he gets back... if I know him as well as I think I do... then I know what his answer will be...

Listening to: "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (like all kinds of music... this just seemed appropriate)

You may be in love. Lol only you can determine that. I did not realize I was in love with my little boys mother until we had to fetch her house key from her roommate,(she still is notorious about losing keys) Her roommate worked at a bar. While in the bar a man started hitting on her, I realized in that moment, that I could lose her as quick as that. I panicked and realized how we loved being with each other. Why am I jealous she is just a friend I said to myself? We spent all our time together and laughed. But from that moment forward I realized the depth of my feeling for her. What is funny is that I have not ever been jealous since that one time. Our story ended up as lovers. She was going to nursing school and I was keeping her from getting her sleep. Lol How wonderful it all was. *sigh* The connection for those days is still there even though we are not a couple anymore. We have a deep respect for each other and really an acceptance for each others flaws that transcends judgment. We raise our child together. I am a visceral type of parent, I go on instinct and the premise that he needs to be built up and nurtured. She is the pragmatist, the logical one dealing with data and her main plan. As she is wonderful in her assessment skills I usually concur with her decisions. She sees the way I have a positive influence on little boys life with what I teach him about self nurturing and the unconditional love I give him. *grin* to summarize, I believe we are damn good parents, not a bad team considering we are a broken home.

Did I wander a little bit? :D Go with your heart dear Aeradalia. People that provoke that kind of response in you should be a part of your life. Of course I am a romantic and I am foolish but that is besides the point. If you are good to each other and help nurture each other its a good thing.

Last edited:

Hi, Aeradalia, it's nice to meet you!

Learning the truth about your feelings is always a wonderful thing. No matter what the outcome of those feelings, you've had the chance to see them for what they are, to cherish them it. That, I think, is something very precious.

Good morning, Gia! :kiss:

And I know this wasn't directed at me, but, yes, I most certainly am!!

Mood: blurry - caffeine forthcoming.
Undies: Pink boy shorts
Listening to: CNN

Lol Oh she was talking about you.:devil: Our dear Lezli is impish. I believe she wanted to ply you. *grin* Oh I know you are bad already in our so far short acquaintance in such an endearing way. :kiss: Good morning sweetie.
Little boy wants breakfast. So I am off to be domestic goddess. I love him so.:heart::heart:

Mood: Happy
Undies: None
Listening to: little boy turning the pages of the book he is reading and clearing his throat.

Lol Oh she was talking about you.:devil: Our dear Lezli is impish. I believe she wanted to ply you. *grin* Oh I know you are bad already in our so far short acquaintance in such an endearing way. :kiss: Good morning sweetie.
Little boy wants breakfast. So I am off to be domestic goddess. I love him so.:heart::heart:

Mood: Happy
Undies: None
Listening to: little boy turning the pages of the book he is reading and clearing his throat.

Oh, I understood that about her being "suggestive." She can suggest anything to me any time she'd like!! :p

I was referring to your comment replying to her..... And Sweetie, you haven't begun to see me being bad yet.... :devil:

Oh, I understood that about her being "suggestive." She can suggest anything to me any time she'd like!! :p

I was referring to your comment replying to her..... And Sweetie, you haven't begun to see me being bad yet.... :devil:

lol :kiss: Oh my little boy is so sweet and so wise at his age. He got a bag of organic fried onions as a treat last night. He says when he opens it
he is going to give half to me. I asked him why. He says "It makes me feel good about myself to share. I do not feel good about myself sometimes." My god he is a 7 year old. I praised him for being aware of being able to nurture himself and that it was so important to know these things. Oh he is so precious. You should have seen his expression as he told me these things.
This child always will give you what he has with no hesitation, that is the way his mother is. In the family where I grew up we vied with each other because there were six of us. So when I met my ex I was totally surprised that people were generous to each other in such a fashion. Of course she was always Pleased with her self every time she would secretly take a bite out of my sandwich, I would look down and see a crescent bite out of my sandwich. You know, us people with heightened awareness are soooo keen. lmao One time she ate my entire bowl of cheerios while i read the paper of course I was astounded much to her delight that my cheerios were gone.....oooooo she was so happy to do these things. So when it was no longer a surprise I would feign indignation to heighten her delight. Even to this day once in a great while.... my sandwich will violated and I will look over to see such a lovely smug look on her face:D

Last edited:
lol :kiss: Oh my little boy is so sweet and so wise at his age. He got a bag of organic fried onions as a treat last night. He says when he opens it
he is going to give half to me. I asked him why. He says "It makes me feel good about myself to share. I do not feel good about myself sometimes." My god he is a 7 year old. I praised him for being aware of being able to nurture himself and that it was so important to know these things. Oh he is so precious. You should have seen his expression as he told me these things.
This child always will give you what he has with no hesitation, that is the way his mother is. In the family where I grew up we vied with each other because there were six of us. So when I met my ex I was totally surprised that people were generous to each other in such a fashion. Of course she was always Pleased with her self every time she would secretly take a bite out of my sandwich, I would look down and see a crescent bite out of my sandwich. You know, us people with heightened awareness are soooo keen. lmao One time she ate my entire bowl of cheerios while i read the paper of course I was astounded much to her delight that my cheerios were gone.....oooooo she was so happy to do these things. So when it was no longer a surprise I would feign indignation to heighten her delight. Even to this day once in a great while.... my sandwich will violated and I will look over to see such a lovely smug look on her face:D
Out of the mouths of babes is such a true statement...

It's those little intimate things that are shared between people that really, in my opinion, define a relationship. My husband and I have countless little "inside jokes" such as that. And while our relationship is not a perfect one, it is a very, very happy one. My pet name for him is "the Beast," a reference to his size, facial hair, and his deliberate way of moving. When feigning anger at me, he'll growl - he does a very good bear growl. It's those little things that only the two of you really understand that define who you are in your relationship, I think.

And now, freshly showered and feeling much better:

Mood: Quite happy
Undies: Commando now!!
Music: John Lennon - Give Me Some Truth (For the third time)

morning-need coffee. Can we order in from Abs?

Was up till 3 in the morning-now back at 6 hours later.

Course, managed to have a huge fight with C during the duration. It can go from good to ugly so fast. Some days I am really fed up with having to fight for my place and my "rights" in this relationship.

Some days, I just want to go with my original plan for this time in my life and sell up and wander the world.

Anyways, enough rambling-I have to sneak a little of my cactus juice into NBTs coffee:devil:

I miss Caro, she would have had her on her second or third cup of Jose Joe already. And she had some really good ropes for tieing up too!:devil:

Speaking of coffee-I think the spluttering has died down from my machine, must be ready.

MOOD-you need to ask?:mad:

UNDERS-functional-pink, wearing a nice purple cotton camisole under my fuzzy sweater though.

MUSIC-hmmm, still have to choose something

WEATHER-still unseasonably warm, already 5 C and warming to 17 and today is the first day of November.

morning-need coffee. Can we order in from Abs?

Was up till 3 in the morning-now back at 6 hours later.

Course, managed to have a huge fight with C during the duration. It can go from good to ugly so fast. Some days I am really fed up with having to fight for my place and my "rights" in this relationship.

Some days, I just want to go with my original plan for this time in my life and sell up and wander the world.

Anyways, enough rambling-I have to sneak a little of my cactus juice into NBTs coffee:devil:

I miss Caro, she would have had her on her second or third cup of Jose Joe already. And she had some really good ropes for tieing up too!:devil:

Speaking of coffee-I think the spluttering has died down from my machine, must be ready.

MOOD-you need to ask?:mad:

UNDERS-functional-pink, wearing a nice purple cotton camisole under my fuzzy sweater though.

MUSIC-hmmm, still have to choose something

WEATHER-still unseasonably warm, already 5 C and warming to 17 and today is the first day of November.

*warm hugs*:heart::heart: I miss Caro too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back