Comey is about to fuck Trump.

Most of this is the ruling class nit picking trump to death because he's a regular guy.

My only beef about trumplemania is the canadian news is also covering it as the lead story.

We have a teen raping Senator up here and he barely got any air time.

So, less Rump, please.
 



"...the nullification of election by other means..."
-Adam Schiff (D, California)




 
'A'? As in one? Just one?

I thought there was a whole culture of it?


Rapey raping rapers, true! Oh Canada! Oh, Oh, Ohhhhh

But this is not about that.

This is about Monsieur L'Orange pushing all the juicier stuff off our plates.
 
Are memos Comey wrote admissible? He could have written anything. His word against Trump's. Probably going to need more than Comey's memos. Actual transcriptions of meetings, recordings. All Trump has to do is lie and claim that the memos are fakes. Third party witnesses to talks? If not than the RWCJ will just go on about fake news, confidential sources and liberal lies.

Here's hoping Comey does have recordings of meetings!

Contemporanious notes (if it can be shown the were written at or near the time of the event) are given more gravitas than memories of event.

If such a new memo exists I would tend to believe it because there would have been at that time no particular reason for Coney to just make something up and scribble it down.

That said, I see that as clumsy attempt to get a feel for how invested Comey was in making the whole thing (whatever it actually is) addotional fodder for the left. Not even close to actual obstruction of justice, like, say, a secret meeting with the DOJ head while your wife is under actual, criminal, investigation.
 
16th month, if you're counting the unrelentingly hostile media reaction to him.

And for how many years did Nixon have to deal with hostile media? In his own mind, at least, it went back a very long way -- "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around any more!"
 
Rump has quietly put his pad in St Martins up for sale for $28 mill.

I think the real story is the Kushners & Trumps are low on cash.
 
Canada isn't as far along with their governing institutions as we are in the USA.

Thank Bog!

Our governing system has evolved over the many many years. And is still evolving. Yours is a product of revolution. No wonder it is revolting.

Bloody Yanks revolted in 1776 and have been revolting ever since. :)
 
Technically and legally he did not rape her. No charges. Cost him his job though. He resigned before being kicked out of the Senate so keeps his 25K a year pension.
 
Dow and the S&P aren't thrilled today.

That is why the securities market is never a good indicator of the economy's health -- it's too volatile: any bit of news, or even a rumor or pure speculation about the future, can drive prices up or down, for reasons bearing no relationship whatsoever to the future earning capacities of the corporations in question.
 
"Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media," he said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can't let them get you down, you can't let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams."

Rump even sounds like Nixon.
 
In 1972 they also had an actual crime -- a break-in where the suspects were caught in the act. Justice was clearly obstructed with regard to an attempt to impede that prosecution.

What do we have now? An active investigation into WHETHER a crime was committed which the President may or may not have requested be terminated PERHAPS under the theory that since Flynn was let go there was nothing left to be gained as a result of continuing it. To whatever degree that request, if made, was a bad idea, it MAY still fall short of a prosecutable crime in the same way that Hillary's bad idea of a private email server ALSO fell short of the same standard.

If you're a Hillary fan and comfortable with the latter rationale, why would you NOT at least entertain the possibility of the former rationale?

That's all true, but by Trump's own claim Hillary's "bad idea" wasn't a prosecutable crime, but disqualified her from the white house, which the people that support him and voted for him agreed with. So if his ethical stumble is on a par with hers, which it definitely is, he is not qualified for the job and therefore should be removed. Unless you want to throw in some Trumpian logic and declare that it never happened or some other pie in the sky claim. You can't have it both ways: either it is or it isn't. If it ain't for him it ain't for her. Choose wisely.



Comshaw
 
That's all true, but by Trump's own claim Hillary's "bad idea" wasn't a prosecutable crime, but disqualified her from the white house, which the people that support him and voted for him agreed with. So if his ethical stumble is on a par with hers, which it definitely is, he is not qualified for the job and therefore should be removed. Unless you want to throw in some Trumpian logic and declare that it never happened or some other pie in the sky claim. You can't have it both ways: either it is or it isn't. If it ain't for him it ain't for her. Choose wisely.[/SIZE]


Comshaw

Accuse me of anything, but PLEASE don't accuse me of supporting Trumpian "logic." :D

I was simply arguing about a dearth of support for the legal standard of obstruction of justice.

You and I can agree on a boatload of evidence that "disqualifies" Trump AND Clinton for the Presidency. Why do you think I was relieved not to vote for the first time in the last 12 elections?
 
That's all true, but by Trump's own claim Hillary's "bad idea" wasn't a prosecutable crime, but disqualified her from the white house, which the people that support him and voted for him agreed with. So if his ethical stumble is on a par with hers, which it definitely is, he is not qualified for the job and therefore should be removed. Unless you want to throw in some Trumpian logic and declare that it never happened or some other pie in the sky claim. You can't have it both ways: either it is or it isn't. If it ain't for him it ain't for her. Choose wisely.[/SIZE]


Comshaw


I'll certainly acknowledge there's a difference between believing that something is disqualifying for a candidate in an election, and believing that same thing warrants impeachment once a person is in office. It's really, really hard to impeach someone, which is a good thing because it shouldn't be undertaken lightly.

But conservatives aren't making that argument, or at least not very many are. They can't admit there's any similarity at all, because then they would have to either agree that what Trump has done is pretty bad, or concede they went over the top in attacking Hillary. So what we're seeing is denial that Trump even made a mistake (let alone did anything nefarious), and an attempt to change the subject to make the leaker(s) the real villain.
 
Most of this is the ruling class nit picking trump to death because he's a regular guy.

Bullshit. He is a "short-fingered vulgarian," but he is no regular guy, he was born with a warehouse of silver spoons and it shows.
 
But Trump was only joking when he asked Comey to kill his investigation. The problem is the Comey took him seriously. Comey is always taking everyone too seriously. That's what everyone is saying. I've been hearing things.
 
Bullshit. He is a "short-fingered vulgarian," but he is no regular guy, he was born with a warehouse of silver spoons and it shows.

He's a regular guy compared to the average washington politico.

That's why regular americans love him.
 
He's a regular guy compared to the average washington politico.

Nothing of the kind. He is a crude, stupid, ignorant lout compared to the average Washington politico, but they are far more in touch than he is with with the concerns and POV of average Americans -- provided we keep in mind that Americans other than the white working class must be figured into the average.
 
We probably shouldn't forget Section 4 of the 25th Amendment either. I always assumed this was put in the amendment due to fears of either having another Woodrow Wilson situation in the nuclear age, or a president who was showing signs of senility -- for over a year after the JFK assassination, we had a president with serious heart disease, no VP, and both a House Speaker and a Senate President Pro Tem who looked like Nosferatu's less healthy siblings.

But it would certainly work just as well in the case of a president who was mentally ill.

Mentally ill, Republican...potato..
 
Back
Top