Claymore and Dagger (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sam sent me to watch his family and mine but I am free to do as I wish." Fiona said softly. "I would gladly do anything you ask of me."
 
"I certainly don't want to compromise anyone's safety who needs your watchful eye. But I may come to you with some deliveries to make, and potentially people to escort. I don't think I need to tell you the secrecy my line of work entails... But your speed would aid my cause greatly. Without saying too much, I'm currently in the process of resecuring the Triad from the inside."
 
"You don't need to say anymore." Fiona said softly, understanding that he had a duty to his Queen as well as his family to make sure that they were safe. "You may use me how you see fit."

"Uncle!" Lena called, finally having emerged from her cabin. "I have news."

She wasn't feeling well still but being in the fresh sea air did her a world of good. Ulfric was like her grandfather even though she called him uncle and Lena never hesitated to share good news with him.

"Mama says I can start learning to ride a drake. I also get to pick only one guard to stay with me." Lena said with excited dark eyes, not really understanding that her guard would still be there, just simply unseen. "I picked Pytor to stay."

Pytor Pierson was a large, muscle bound man that had been with Lena since the day she was born. In fact, it was he who was the first to hold her after her Papa had delivered her on the day she was born. She shared a connection with Pytor and enjoyed his company, even when he was doing his job by restricting her movements for her safety.
 
Ulfric's demeanor changed completely as the young princess emerged, and he leaned down to scoop her up as he saw that indeed, Pytor was her only guard on deck. Ulfric himself was in charge of all hidden defenses so he knew of and could see many of the newly-appointed sentinels around them who would watch Lena from a distance without interfering in her life. They were all men Ulfric had absolute faith in, and they were all secretly assigned so even other agents didn't know exactly who or how many protected the princess.

Turning his one eye to Lena, Ulfric gave her a gentle smile. "It sounds like you're going to be having some adventures before long, then," he muttered with genuine gladness that Kayla had stepped back a bit. He'd been worried for Kristoff and Helena for some time.
 
"Maybe Freya and I can go riding when we make it back home." Lena murmured as Ulfric turned his full attention towards her. "Pytor says that there's a few drakes in the stables that might be small enough for me."
 
"We'll find you someone lovely to partner with," Ulfric nodded before looking back to Fiona. "You remember Fiona, don't you? She's here to look after us."
 
"You're with Sam." Lena said as she remembered her cousin's fiancée. "You are good for him."

Fiona chuckled softly as the young princess regarded her. "I don't know how good I am for him but we make each other happy."
 
"That's what matters." Ulfric smiled softly, albeit a bit lackluster thanks to his recent losses. He kissed Lena's cheek and set her down. "How are you feeling, my love?" He asked softly.
 
"Not so well, but my hurts are little compared to everyone else." Lena said as Ulfric asked how she felt. "A cold will get better. Your heart will still hurt for the rest of your life."
 
"Don't bother yourself with me. Kjotva is looking after me." Ulfric held Lena against his side and looked to Fiona once more. "Speaking of... Kjotva may have some work for you too at some point. But don't let her talk you into anything crazy out of rage.
 
"I've already been given a warning talk by my dragon and Sam. I won't do anything crazy, I promise." Fiona said as Pytor approached and said something to them both in Norwegian.

Lena responded and let her guard take her from Ulfric, the princess soon disappearing back into the ship as the meal bell sounded.
 
Last edited:
"Shortly." Fiona said with a nod as she went to freshen up before she joined the royal family for lunch.

It seemed as if Pytor were truly part of their family the way that he was welcomed at the table with them, Lena happily talking about her plans for her new drake with him in rapid Norwegian.
 
Christopher watched over his family, those friends close as kin as well, from Kayla's side. He looked visibly more relaxed seeing his children a little brighter, though everyone was still thinking of Rakkar and Elhardt at the backs of their minds. When Fiona entered, everyone but Kjotva was there. Even young Freya and Ulfric were there already and Kjotva's seat lay empty. Christopher welcomed Fiona to a seat beside himself, Kayla at the head of the table and the children at her other side with Pytor. One person Fiona didn't recognize was there, a dark werepanther whose garb reminded her greatly of Kell's grandfather, a bandolier of blades and a long dark coat and all black clothing marked him very clearly as either an assassin or a very dangerous spy.

"Fiona, I don't believe you've met Sindar. He came from Ireland, from Master Khelt. We're aiding him on his journey to Kjersten, where he will hopefully earn her approval to become her daughter's guardian."

Sindar looked up, his eyes mismatched amber and blue, and he nodded to Fiona with a clear look of interest. "Lady Blackstone," he rumbled with a nod.
 
"A pleasure to meet you." Fiona said with a nod as she took her seat.

She could see from her seat that Kayla looked exhausted beyond belief. No doubt she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. She barely touched her food and sat back heavily in her seat with a long sigh.
 
Christopher reached over to take Kayla's hand in silence, not making her distress known to anyone else in the moment. "Please eat, love," he whispered. "You haven't eaten properly since we got the news..."
 
"I'm alright, Chris." She said softly as he took her hand and squeezed it, asking her to eat her meal. "I'm just not hungry."
 
Christopher was silent after that, but he kept Kayla's hand for some time. Kjotva never came to eat, and so Ulfric and Freya made up a plate to take with them when they finished. It seemed the strong former Queen of Sweden was taking the losses particularly hard and didn't possess Kayla's grace enough to continue on as normal.
 
After the meal, Fiona made her way to the ship's railing, leaning over it to speak to Inah as she trailed behind them. "They are broken. Every single one of them had some kind of connection to those that died. It's heartbreaking."
 
"Elhardt was beloved by all throughout the Triad, and the Kings and Queens have always been family since the days of the old Vikings, back when they stopped fighting for sport and banded together." Invah raised her head up out of the water a bit. "And between himself, Kjotva, and Ulfric, I understand Kayla found much of her legitimacy and early support came from their graceful acceptance. If not for Elhardt, the Triad may be a bit less unified today. As for Rakkar... He was a quiet foundation for Kjersten and a loving protector to Sweden and Norway both. His time as a Jarl under Kayla cemented him as a gentle leader, but one who would lift a blade in the face of injustice. His former hold and all of Sweden must be devastated.
 
"They wish to pay me for our services. I make a promise to you now, Invah, that I will not be doing anything for revenge. As much as they hurt now, it isn't the way to get things done." Fiona said softly as she spoke with the dragon.
 
"They may well hire someone else if you refuse, but I support your dedication to your ideal. You should never be out for revenge, but justice. We may still get into some fights, but it won't be in blind rage."
 
"I know that we are in for some battles, but in the mean time, I will be very careful about what other jobs anyone sends us one." Fiona said softly as she rested her head against the railing. "I miss Sam terribly. I wish that he had come with us."
 
"He may yet come to join us. He has as much to do here as back home." Invah lifted her head up high enough to briefly touch Fiona's arm with her nose. "But you two operate in tandem now. Together or apart, you'll do well. It's just the absence that hurts some nights."
 
"I just hope that he doesn't lose himself." Fiona said softly as Invah nudged her arm with her nose. "Sometimes I'm afraid that I won't be there and he'll be gone in a heartbeat."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top