Distance Domination-Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry to hear that your plans fell through ES. We have all had to endure them and no matter if it is the first time or the Nth time, they still suck. Hopefully, you will be able to find a suitable replacement for the plans soon enough.

Sorry to hear ES. I know how much canceled plans sting, even if they weren't fully confirmed ones. :(:rose:

I'm sorry sweetie. *huggles*

Im sorry to hear that your plans fell through ES. We have all had to endure them and no matter if it is the first time or the Nth time, they still suck. Hopefully, you will be able to find a suitable replacement for the plans soon enough.

Thank you. It was a spur of the moment chance that I had hoped would work out....oh, well. Life goes on.

well the cheapest flight is all booked up. :rolleyes:

You'll find a good one. The prices of flights tend to change all the time, so who knows, maybe you'll find one even cheaper a little closer to the date.

Oh, the Euro exchange rate is really awesome right now, too! :D

Morning all :kiss::kiss:

Just thought I would stick my nose around the door and give hugs and kisses to everyone.

Life is returning to normal here...the pain is subsiding day by day and I am finally getting my mojo back.

Anyway....love and hugs to all of you :kiss::kiss:

You'll find a good one. The prices of flights tend to change all the time, so who knows, maybe you'll find one even cheaper a little closer to the date.

Oh, the Euro exchange rate is really awesome right now, too! :D

I know! I've been debating going ahead and buying some more Euro. Right now my bank is hovering at the $1.50- $1.55 mark. The last time I bought Euro I thought I got a really great deal at $1.64. And the first time I bought it I paid $1.79. So I'm thinking I should go ahead and buy some more. Worst case I have to exchange it back and that would, almost garenteed, be for more than what I'll pay now.

Morning all :kiss::kiss:

Just thought I would stick my nose around the door and give hugs and kisses to everyone.

Life is returning to normal here...the pain is subsiding day by day and I am finally getting my mojo back.

Anyway....love and hugs to all of you :kiss::kiss:

*huggles* good to see you about. :)

I know! I've been debating going ahead and buying some more Euro. Right now my bank is hovering at the $1.50- $1.55 mark. The last time I bought Euro I thought I got a really great deal at $1.64. And the first time I bought it I paid $1.79. So I'm thinking I should go ahead and buy some more. Worst case I have to exchange it back and that would, almost garenteed, be for more than what I'll pay now.

Really? My bank is showing $1.35 (or about $1=0.73 euro). But I also don't have to pay exchange fees. You may want to check out your bank's policy on ATM withdraws, since you might get an even better exchange rate right out of the ATM once you get there. Just an idea. :)

But yeah, the back exchange when you make money is always awesome!

Really? My bank is showing $1.35 (or about $1=0.73 euro). But I also don't have to pay exchange fees. You may want to check out your bank's policy on ATM withdraws, since you might get an even better exchange rate right out of the ATM once you get there. Just an idea. :)

But yeah, the back exchange when you make money is always awesome!

I bank with US bank, and they don't have exchange fees, but they do have "delevery" fees, which is like $30.

My store banks with 5/3 and they usually have a bit better rates but only by a few pennies on the dollar.

The actual exchange rate is hovering between $1.35 and $1.40 this week. But I don't know a bank that exchanges at the actual market rate.

I have looked into using my card over there, or just with drawing from the ATM, and it really wouldn't be that bad as long as I'm taking large sums. They'll charge me a $25 exchange fee every time I use my card or withdraw from the ATM. But since it is bank to bank, I will get the market exchange rate.

If I can get it below $1.50 then I think I'll get some more cash. Like I said, it's a lot easier for me to hold onto the money if it's in Euro and I can't easily spend it here.

We'll see.

I bank with US bank, and they don't have exchange fees, but they do have "delevery" fees, which is like $30.

My store banks with 5/3 and they usually have a bit better rates but only by a few pennies on the dollar.

The actual exchange rate is hovering between $1.35 and $1.40 this week. But I don't know a bank that exchanges at the actual market rate.

I have looked into using my card over there, or just with drawing from the ATM, and it really wouldn't be that bad as long as I'm taking large sums. They'll charge me a $25 exchange fee every time I use my card or withdraw from the ATM. But since it is bank to bank, I will get the market exchange rate.

If I can get it below $1.50 then I think I'll get some more cash. Like I said, it's a lot easier for me to hold onto the money if it's in Euro and I can't easily spend it here.

We'll see.

Makes sense. :) I have USAA, and this morning they were saying they were exchanging at that value. Who knows. It was really nice being overseas and not having to pay that exchange fee and the ATM fee was only a couple dollars, but it definitely sounds like you've got it all figured out. Oh to travel with someone as on top of things as you are!

Makes sense. :) I have USAA, and this morning they were saying they were exchanging at that value. Who knows. It was really nice being overseas and not having to pay that exchange fee and the ATM fee was only a couple dollars, but it definitely sounds like you've got it all figured out. Oh to travel with someone as on top of things as you are!

*giggles* I am totally OCD when it comes to travel plans. Kinda drives Jounar nuts. He's a very spur of the moment kind of person. Which drives me nuts to a point. I'm okay not planing every moment of when I'm there, but if it were up to me, I'd already have the flight and hotel booked for my trip in October.

I do have all 12 castles in Dublin mapped out. :cathappy:

*giggles* I am totally OCD when it comes to travel plans. Kinda drives Jounar nuts. He's a very spur of the moment kind of person. Which drives me nuts to a point. I'm okay not planing every moment of when I'm there, but if it were up to me, I'd already have the flight and hotel booked for my trip in October.

I do have all 12 castles in Dublin mapped out. :cathappy:

Ooooooohhhhhhhh, sweet! I've only been to Dublin once, and only made it to one castle (The Castle Dublin, right by Christ Church). We did lots and lots of churches though.

But yeah, I'm totally the same way. I want things booked and set way in advance just to make sure it's there and done. I can stand rearranging little bits of things once on the trip, but the big attractions that are "must-sees" must also be set in stone beforehand. Otherwise, I just stress way entirely too much.

Which do you like better: St. Patrick's or Christ Church?

Ooooooohhhhhhhh, sweet! I've only been to Dublin once, and only made it to one castle (The Castle Dublin, right by Christ Church). We did lots and lots of churches though.

But yeah, I'm totally the same way. I want things booked and set way in advance just to make sure it's there and done. I can stand rearranging little bits of things once on the trip, but the big attractions that are "must-sees" must also be set in stone beforehand. Otherwise, I just stress way entirely too much.

Which do you like better: St. Patrick's or Christ Church?

St Patrick's blew me away. I didn't even know what I was looking at when we were walking past it but it stopped me in my tracks. *giggles* He was practically draging me before he realized my attention was diverted. Then he looks down at me and asks "Would you like to go in?" I could feel my face light up as I looked up and said "Can we?". *giggles* honstly the idea that I could actually see the inside of the great building didn't even seem possible.

Once inside I was speachless. I just stared at the windows. He had done a loop and come round again before I moved from the spot I was in when I spoted the first window. I have never seen anything as beautiful as the stained glass there. The entire building was just amazing.

He'd never been to Christ Church (St Pat's he saw when he was very little), so that we experienced for the first time together. He was very unimpressed, I liked it, but deffo not as much as St. Pat's.

I don't have anything anywhere near as close to their beauty near me so I was blown away by things he takes forgranted. I think he enjoyed watching me light up. I felt silly and like a child with how I just stood and gawked at things, but he always looked down at me with warm loving amused eyes and smile.

I can't wait to get back there.

My favorite was Christ Church, though I was definitely going to see St. Patrick's. I think it was because I am the biggest nerd ever and loved the crypt. Seriously, I stood there looking at the cat and the rat mummies for probably 20 minutes. The girl I was there with was grossed out by it, and thought I was weird. Oh well, I think it was the coolest thing ever. And the external architecture was right up my alley, too.

As for the real long distance stuff, I'm getting a little impatient being so far away. I just feel like I could be doing a much better job serving him and just making his life easier there than I can from here. Not to mention I just want to see him and feel his touch. *sigh*

My favorite was Christ Church, though I was definitely going to see St. Patrick's. I think it was because I am the biggest nerd ever and loved the crypt. Seriously, I stood there looking at the cat and the rat mummies for probably 20 minutes. The girl I was there with was grossed out by it, and thought I was weird. Oh well, I think it was the coolest thing ever. And the external architecture was right up my alley, too.

That was really cool, and I think I spent about as much time infront of the mummies as you did. And it could have been that I saw St. Pat's first so it influenced me. Christ Church is brighterand more open, and I think that didn't fit as well with my mideval fantisies. :eek:
As for the real long distance stuff, I'm getting a little impatient being so far away. I just feel like I could be doing a much better job serving him and just making his life easier there than I can from here. Not to mention I just want to see him and feel his touch. *sigh*

I know what you mean, and I can totally relate.

We got a good deal of snow here (though not as much as some places further east), so work was very slow, makes for a very long day. So I sent Jounar a text griping about my slow day. He sent a message back saying that if I was there he'd make me forget my bad day when I got home tonight. :heart: If only my love, *sigh*, if only. :(

Of course I took the oportunity to bust his chops a little bit about how that's easily solved by marrying me. *giggles* :D

I know what you mean, and I can totally relate.

We got a good deal of snow here (though not as much as some places further east), so work was very slow, makes for a very long day. So I sent Jounar a text griping about my slow day. He sent a message back saying that if I was there he'd make me forget my bad day when I got home tonight. :heart: If only my love, *sigh*, if only. :(

Of course I took the oportunity to bust his chops a little bit about how that's easily solved by marrying me. *giggles* :D

No snow here, only rain, which is depressing. I think part of my problem, other than just plain missing him and the normal longing to be near the man I care so much about is that I'm still relatively new here. I desperately need to get involved in SOMETHING here to create a new life of my own. It's not easy not knowing people here or having a job yet, but I am working on getting out there and getting a life again.

The other part of the longing now is that he hurt himself (it's track season, and I think he's pushing really hard). I feel like I should be there to help take care of him, nurse him back to health, and generally make his life easier. It drives me crazy that I can't actually help out, other than pestering him by asking how he's doing and all that.

No snow here, only rain, which is depressing. I think part of my problem, other than just plain missing him and the normal longing to be near the man I care so much about is that I'm still relatively new here. I desperately need to get involved in SOMETHING here to create a new life of my own. It's not easy not knowing people here or having a job yet, but I am working on getting out there and getting a life again.

The other part of the longing now is that he hurt himself (it's track season, and I think he's pushing really hard). I feel like I should be there to help take care of him, nurse him back to health, and generally make his life easier. It drives me crazy that I can't actually help out, other than pestering him by asking how he's doing and all that.

Jounar had a cold this week so I was in a simular spot. And I'm ovulating this week, so I'm all kinds of feeling cuddly and no one to cuddle :(

I'm also working a lot of shifts that put me not getting home until he's well into bed. So I'm longing for him even more. Just his company.

It's an interesting concept. It would be fun to tell her how to dress when she goes to a specific night spot with her friends. To tell her how to respond to certain advances by men and what type and so on. Intersting.

I really hate being lectured by strangers on travel. :rolleyes:

When I went to the bank for work I asked the teller to check the exchange rate for me. I swear she had to make a mistake because she said they were trading Euro for 1.239! While I was asking questions and getting quotes (this teller obviously hasn't done this thing before) the lady at the teller next to me informs me that I shouldn't buy my Euro here, I need, no need is not strong enough a word, I MUST wait until I'm over there and withdraw it from the atm at the airport and I'd get a better rate.

I was like WTF? First of all this lady had no right to butt into my transaction, second of all she wouldn't let it go. She went on to explain to me how to use my atm card, and she would not accept that there was any way that way would be more expencive.

I have never seen the exchange rate that low before. I was waiting for it to get to 1.5 before I buy, this was a dream, and this lady pissed me off to the point that I ended up walking away and didn't realize that I hadn't thanked the teller until I was half way back to work.

She just would not drop it. She just knew she was right and when I didn't get all glowy and thank her like a nice little girl, she insisted until I backed down.

I just can't stand it when people talk to me like I'm a child. :mad:

Wow, that IS frustrating! Good job on not being rude to her, I'm sure I would have told her to just get out of my business because I was uncomfortable with strangers getting into my banking or something like that.

Perhaps she's just envious that she doesn't get to go on exciting adventures like you do. ;)

When I vented to my mom her first question was how old was the lady. When I told her that the lady had to be in her 50s my mom said that was the big deal. The lady probably just wanted to spread her knowledge on to the younger traveler and show off her sage advice.

Mom: "It's not her fault you're not the typical 20 something and have put so much research into it. Most people your age wouldn't have put half the research into this that you have"

Okay fair point, but a busy body is still a busy body. :mad:

I miss him so insanely badly right now. We're having issues with timing right now, where it just doesn't feel as if there is enough time during the day for all of the other committments to be met and then still have time to talk to each other. It's kind of frustrating.

Also, being taken off of my birth control has really messed with my emotions more than I thought it would, turning me into an absolute mess. It'd be so much easier to deal with it if he were here, so I could feel his reassuring touch when needed, or the sting of his hand. I need both, so much lately, and yet I can't have it. There's got to be a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back