The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP stuck in the wall again...PULL!!!! Rolph needs to fix up that wall, can't have our guests getting stuck all the time.

HP stuck in the wall again...PULL!!!! Rolph needs to fix up that wall, can't have our guests getting stuck all the time.

I passed the word along about the top post on this thread to Manu several times. It must be one of those glitches he can't find a way to fix.

I'm sorry to have to confess this, but I don't understand the expression "stuck in the wall again."
I don't use adhesives like that

I'm sorry to have to confess this, but I don't understand the expression "stuck in the wall again."
I don't use adhesives like that

There's just a big hole in the wall of the Naked Party room that we keep falling in to. I know Rolph is mainly supposed to be serving drinks, but isn't he a handyman as well?

On another note, I just finished "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown and "Black Cross" by Greg Iles. Both wonderful books that I really hope get adapted for film. Now that I've finished reading the books collecting dust on my shelf, anyone got any suggestions for what I should read next?

There's just a big hole in the wall of the Naked Party room that we keep falling in to. I know Rolph is mainly supposed to be serving drinks, but isn't he a handyman as well?

On another note, I just finished "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown and "Black Cross" by Greg Iles. Both wonderful books that I really hope get adapted for film. Now that I've finished reading the books collecting dust on my shelf, anyone got any suggestions for what I should read next?

I enjoyed Digital Fortress. He writes well.
And thank you for explaining the wall (I do wish Manu could fix it).

I commend to your sensibilities the books by Simon Scarrow. Historical accuracy, good writing and a genuine feel for history.

Personally I like the ones with Centurion Cato and the legion.
Alternatively, I take the liberty of directing your attention to the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett. If you have never read them before, I commend "Men at Arms", although it is not the first in the series by any means. It's just that MaA is a complete novel which does not necessarily rely on the reader having some familiarity with the city of AnkhMorpork or, for that matter, the Discworld.

That's what's so brilliant about the concept. You bring along some cold rice and seaweed wrapper with your bait and if the fish won't bite you still have something to eat. Very economical.

Just got back from a haunted corn maze. Nothing like wandering a corn field at night with people jumping out of the corn stalks chasing you with chainsaws. The best part of Halloween season are the haunts. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As for sushi, we have so many conveyor belt sushi places nearby. But it's so easy to go broke there. All those $2.00 plates sure add up.

Just got back from a haunted corn maze. Nothing like wandering a corn field at night with people jumping out of the corn stalks chasing you with chainsaws. The best part of Halloween season are the haunts. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As for sushi, we have so many conveyor belt sushi places nearby. But it's so easy to go broke there. All those $2.00 plates sure add up.

I got put off sushi when I discovered it was raw fish. Since I am not in a open boat on the ocean and waiting to be rescued, I think I'll pass on it for now.

Bait?. That's what bread is for. . .

I got put off sushi when I discovered it was raw fish. Since I am not in a open boat on the ocean and waiting to be rescued, I think I'll pass on it for now.

Bait?. That's what bread is for. . .

Try mixing a little garlic powder with your bread. Fish seem to love garlic.

The plum saki was good. Never tried it before. It was excellent with the green curry shrimp.

The plum saki was good. Never tried it before. It was excellent with the green curry shrimp.

I'm with Handley. Just the thought makes me go 'bleah'...when the urge for sushi strikes Rowan, we usually hit one of the local Mongolian BBQs since pretty much all of them have a selection of sushi and similar if not an actual sushi bar on the premises.

Saki is one of those things I keep meaning to try, though, and plum sounds like it would be good.

:cool:

I'm with Handley. Just the thought makes me go 'bleah'...when the urge for sushi strikes Rowan, we usually hit one of the local Mongolian BBQs since pretty much all of them have a selection of sushi and similar if not an actual sushi bar on the premises.

Saki is one of those things I keep meaning to try, though, and plum sounds like it would be good.

Remy!

I didn't try the sushi, although I really love it.

Remy!

I didn't try the sushi, although I really love it.

Hey dahlin' *BIG groping hug* *kiss on cheek*

How's yer Sunday mornin' shapin' up? I have a lot of the usual dusting and decluttering to take care of around the house, interspersed with attempts at writing stuff. (I wonder if I can put out Missing Person-type ads for a Muse?)

My favorite sushi place does an "all the sushi you can eat for $25" and they get offended if they don't think you eat enough to get your money's worth. Unfortunately, white rice has the same glycemic index as white sugar and I won't be able to go there until I get below 195. Working on it . . .

Sushi? I wish I could afford some.

Oh well, I'll be content with my orange juice and oatmeal today. Work 5-10 today.

Hey dahlin' *BIG groping hug* *kiss on cheek*

How's yer Sunday mornin' shapin' up? I have a lot of the usual dusting and decluttering to take care of around the house, interspersed with attempts at writing stuff. (I wonder if I can put out Missing Person-type ads for a Muse?)

Sorry, babe. Had to go to Joey's and bottle 8 gallons of wine. We started a batch of apple jack today, too. Next weekend, it's going to be another batch of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back