Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkeys, a deer, and a bear, oh my!

I woke up to see a black bear frolicking in the falling snow in my parents' backyard. His escapades included tearing down a couple of bird feeders, rubbing up against a maple tree, and rolling around in the grass.

Perhaps the sight was my reward for slamming on my breaks twice yesterday, first to miss a deer and then to avoid hitting a rafter of wild turkeys crossing the road?

All I need now is to see a moose and a fisher cat, and my visit to northern New England will be complete!
 
9 emails each way, and not only can I not get her out on a date, but now she is ignoring me too. :(
 
My legs keep twitching, keeping me from being able to relax before going to the gym tonight...
 
9 emails each way, and not only can I not get her out on a date, but now she is ignoring me too. :(

And after two weeks she pops up again. I can't help but think that she started seeing someone else and is stringing me along as a backup plan of some kind...
 
For the first time, my 100 year old grandmother didn't recognize me, and had no idea who I was even after I explained our relationship.

She gave me a tootsie pop, and even though I hate them, I ate it. I kept the wrapper, too.

On the drive home, I realized I was like Neville Longbottom.
 
My curiousity has been piqued. Maybe its the name. I love that song.

...for whom it is reserved
 


Jeeeeezzzuuuuzzzzz H. Keeeerist! Look at the size of the goddamn fences.



twilldo_13th

privateattack_13th
askim

 
9 emails each way, and not only can I not get her out on a date, but now she is ignoring me too. :(

And after two weeks she pops up again. I can't help but think that she started seeing someone else and is stringing me along as a backup plan of some kind...

And then the crushing blow...

Yeah, I'm sorry, things are crazy lately. I don't think I'm in a place where I should be pursuing anything, I just don't have the time to be on this site right now, a friend talked me into it, I'm just all over the place. I don't want to be unfair. It was nice talking to you and good luck on this site.
 
I think it is time for a new AV.. this one annoys me.

There...much better now!
 
Last edited:
O Tempora! O Mores!

This afternoon we were in a farm produce shop that is part of a child-friendly attraction when we overheard the following conversation:

8/9 year old son: "Dad, what are these? I've never seen them."

Dad peers at clearly handwritten labels and obviously has difficulty reading:

"Freshly Laid Ducks' Eggs."

Son: "And these?"

Dad: "Freshly Laid Hens' Eggs."

Son: "Can I have one?"

Dad: "We'll have to ask Mum."

Son runs off to get Mum and drags her back with him: "Can I have one?"

Mum peers at price: "Yes, I suppose so."

Son: "What do you do with it?"

Mum: "I suppose it can be boiled."

We exit, marvelling.

No. They weren't foreigners. They spoke with local accents but where have they been and what do they eat that their son had NEVER seen an egg.
 
Having to convert all of my music files (over 5,000 of them) so that iTunes can stick them on my iPod instead of just sticking them on there myself is quite time consuming, and annoying.
 


The University Has No Clothes


The notion that a college degree is essentially worthless has become one of the year’s most fashionable ideas, with two prominent venture capitalists (Cornell ’89 and Stanford ’89, by the way) leading the charge.
By Daniel B. Smith

http://nymag.com/print/?/news/features/college-education-2011-5/


__________________

by Jacob Goldstein

This week's New York Magazine profiles a couple famous venture capitalists who have been publicly arguing that college is overrated. ( above article.)

After spinning through the usual discussion of high tuition prices and mediocre outcomes, the story poses an interesting question: What kind of economic good is college


http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/05/02/135924808/is-a-college-degree-an-insurance-policy
 
<BLURT>I want a raging hard erection. I want a woman to see it and be flattered. I want an orgasm. I want a woman to see it and be flattered.

There is nothing more beautiful than a woman's orgasm, but I suddenly want my own to be seen as beautiful too.</BLURT>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top